Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? (13626 Views)

What's The First Thing That Attracts You To The Opposite Sex? / 7 Areas A Girl Who Truly Loves You Look At / What Is The Best Thing You Enjoy Doing Most With You Girlfriend Or Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by MadCow1: 11:46am On Nov 06, 2012
eduson55: CHOOSE ONLY ONE PLS:
What is the first thing you look at before marriage??

. Age
. Character
. Financial status
. Family background
. Education
. Beauty/ Handsomeness
. Other (specify)

[b]. Age - Not really important!! Except she has hit or is approaching puberty Menopause....

. Character - Very Important.. But hard to tell as people have the ability to not only pretend but change..

. Financial Status - Very unimportant.. Money is unstable.. A rich man today, might not still be rich tomorrow and vice versa for the poor.. I'll rather focus on the persons drive, work rate and vision.. Is he/she a go-getter..

. Family Background - Important in terms of health/genetics/hereditry wise.. Not for if he or she is from a wealthy background or other superficial shiit like that..

. Education - This is dependent.. Not everyone in the world is educated.. So it depends on what you want. Some people are not educated because of circumstance not because they were dumb..

. Beauty/Appearance - VERY VERY IMPORTANT!! This part is underplayed by many people and wrongly so.. In all relationships, the eyes are the first point of contact.. He/she must appeal to you physically.. This is super important..

. Sexually - For those who believe i 'NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE', this part is not for you.. However, I do believe that sexual compatibility is very important.. If your partner doesnt satify you sexually, you are very likely to cheat on him or her during marriage.. Especially if you have nymphomanic tendencies..

. Religion.. - Depending on the persons involved.. I dont consider this to be of any importance whatsoever as religion does not define a man.. However, many people do hold religion as very important and can be difficult to deal with especially if you are both of different religous affiliation..

. Dreams & Aspirations Very Important.. If you both have very opposite dreams for each other.. you shouldnt be together..

[/b]

3 Likes

Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by greedie1(f): 11:47am On Nov 06, 2012
Family background... I would have known his character, financial status etc during d courtship.
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by RoyalRoy(m): 11:48am On Nov 06, 2012
Financial Status

With a well balanced financial capabilities, you cannot imagine how loyal a woman will be to you...how caring she will be....how tolerant she can be. Money rules the "weaker sex"......and don't mind their age long phrase that "money is not everything".
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by nass07(m): 11:50am On Nov 06, 2012
justi4jesu: Financially Status!! Jor ooooo
True confession for the ladies! That's the general answer for today's girls. May God help our hussles

1 Like

Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by duality(m): 11:51am On Nov 06, 2012
Her nairaland handle. just to be sure she is not

Ileke-Idi, freecocao, vivaladiva, Berem and the likes.
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by iykak47: 11:54am On Nov 06, 2012
Character and Beauty,with complete body particulars.
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by tunapawizzy: 11:59am On Nov 06, 2012

HER ABILITY TO SPEAK AND TYPE CORRECT SIMPLE ENGLISH
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by Iaz93: 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
Una be fool: Sexuàl urge kiss
lwkmd!!! U be real fool jare...lMaO
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
duality: Her nairaland handle. just to be sure she is not

Ileke-Idi, freecocao, vivaladiva, Berem and the likes.
Lol.
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by Iaz93: 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
Her level of spirituality. . . .if she can't speak in tongues, then no marriage
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mad Cow:

[b]. Age - Not really important!! Except she has hit or is approaching puberty..

. Character - Very Important.. But hard to tell as people have the ability to not only pretend but change..

. Financial Status - Very unimportant.. Money is unstable.. A rich man today, might not still be rich tomorrow and vice versa for the poor.. I'll rather focus on the persons drive, work rate and vision.. Is he/she a go-getter..

. Family Background - Important in terms of health/genetics/hereditry wise.. Not for if he or she is from a wealthy background or other superficial shiit like that..

. Education - This is dependent.. Not everyone in the world is educated.. So it depends on what you want. Some people are not educated because of circumstance not because they were dumb..

. Beauty/Appearance - VERY VERY IMPORTANT!! This part is underplayed by many people and wrongly so.. In all relationships, the eyes are the first point of contact.. He/she must appeal to you physically.. This is super important..

. Sexually - For those who believe i 'NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE', this part is not for you.. However, I do believe that sexual compatibility is very important.. If your partner doesnt satify you sexually, you are very likely to cheat on him or her during marriage.. Especially if you have nymphomanic tendencies..

. Religion.. - Depending on the persons involved.. I dont consider this to be of any importance whatsoever as religion does not define a man.. However, many people do hold religion as very important and can be difficult to deal with especially if you are both of different religous affiliation..

. Dreams & Aspirations Very Important.. If you both have very opposite dreams for each other.. you shouldnt be together..

[/b]
what's with all these colours abeg? My eyes are already hurting. Gosh!!

1 Like

Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
Fruits of the Spirit
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by gooket(m): 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
Seek first CHARACTER and all this THINGS will follow
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by AAAdam(m): 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
I go for tolerance.[/quote]
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by optimusprime2(m): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
Redmosquito: Minion: My King, what did you NOT look at before u got married?
Hades: Inlaw compatibility!
Minion:

Hades:What? How do u think I got here? You think I booked this damn realm? angry
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!
HAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
*Vomits Gha Rie*
*Starts Crying*
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by greatgod2012(f): 12:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
Compatibility
family background
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by Freiburger(m): 12:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
greatgod2012: Compatibility
family background
How does the family background play a role on how successful a marriage is going to be?
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by jeyne(f): 12:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
If dere is understanding in both parties, if he has a vry bright future & very hardworking den dey are good 2 go
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by goofie: 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
peace.

peace from within, peace with inlaws.peace of mind...peace!peace!peace!
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by Kassidy90(m): 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
Religion
Xter
Family background
Education status
Profession
Financial status
Physique
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by obi123: 12:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
AB10: Character(integrity & confidence)
you damn right about that confidence
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by ACM10: 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
1. Beauty: Eye go first chop. I will ask myself, "is she presentable?" "Can I proudly walk on the street with her?"

2. Character: Dis na the main thing. I can't just tolerate some characters. I love girls who are down-to-earth. Though I mostly meet the proud types nowadays.
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by Dahbutter(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mad Cow:

. Age - Not really important!! Except she has hit or is approaching puberty..

shocked Are u for REAL? Do u really understand what u wrote up there? Cos u R getting many confused
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by EstherOkitikpi(f): 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
financial status
Toaskarity: for me i will look

a.s.s and face before anyother thing
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by pweeryambre: 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
Age; people usually over look dis but it so does matter. for me it comes first, as it helps determine ones stage in life at D moment..before they even talk abt relationship not marriage yet.
Followed by Character, financial status,physique and others.
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by Stallione(m): 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
All in one abeg!!
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by Emusan(m): 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
Gal u disappointed me, after ur name carried JESUS u stil dey luk @ financial aspect......... gringringrin

1 Like

Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by fastlane84: 1:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
eduson55: CHOOSE ONLY ONE PLS:
What is the first thing you look at before marriage??

. Age
. Character
. Financial status
. Family background
. Education
. Beauty/ Handsomeness
. Other (specify)

Character(including closeness2God)
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by ngmart(m): 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
Her faith...why?
if she is spiritual then her bad character will be under subjection.
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by kumbalo(m): 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
character, beauty, and tribe
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by deols(f): 2:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
I disagree that there is a first thing when it comes to marriage. if you are seeing someone for the first time, u'd be attracted to something first before the others. But with marriage a whole lot would be considered. In hierarchy, mine is as below.

religion
personality
looks
intelligence
finance
education
family
Re: The First Thing You Look At Before Marriage? by Sike(m): 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
Una be fool: Sexuàl urge kiss
Shet!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Will Never Marry A Non-virgin Lady!my Bitter Experience! A Must Read? / I Just Had Sex With A Nympho. / Would You Date A Sickler If You Could?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.