Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,879 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

How Much Do You Consider Broke? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Much Do You Consider Broke? (10948 Views)

Nigerians In Guiness Book Of Records And The Records They Broke::::::::::::::::: / Things Broke People Say / Which 3 parts of your body would you consider most important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by dapojaja(m): 12:11am On Nov 08, 2012
When d ATM harassed you with "Sorry, cannot complete your transaction!", meeeeeeeen, you are fckin broke.
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 2:40am On Nov 08, 2012
abiL:

Why would I lie. I could have easily ignored the question. My car insurance alone is approx £370 a month, plus I need petrol money, money for emergencies, shopping etc. My apartment rent is £595 monthly. So yeah, having less than £1000 in a month will make me broke.

My monthly salary is more than £1000.

So unless you know me, kindly stick a dildö in your

cake-hole.

370 sterling per month for insurance alone?
Man what kind of car do u drive?

I tot that I was rich,until I saw guys here having 10milla to 25milla on their bank balance.Guys pls teach me what u do and how u do it,to make all these big balance,Infact u guys has just put me to shame rite now.
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 08, 2012
blacksta: £10,000
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 2:48am On Nov 08, 2012
Nashville: As a married man with two children, anything less than 10 million naira, then I am broke. Anything more than 25 million naira, then I am fine! My quotes are naira equivalents because I do not live in 9ja
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju: Anything under 10million and I am broke...
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 08, 2012
euromilion:

I tot that I was rich,until I saw guys here having 10milla to 25milla on their bank balance.Guys pls teach me what u do and how u do it,to make all these big balance,Infact u guys has just put me to shame rite now.

You don't need to be ashamed one bit I tell ya and be careful what you wish for when it comes to poking your nose in other people's invisible pouch...be Careful shocked

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 4:32am On Nov 08, 2012
abiL:

Why would I lie. I could have easily ignored the question. My car insurance alone is approx £370 a month, plus I need petrol money, money for emergencies, shopping etc. My apartment rent is £595 monthly. So yeah, having less than £1000 in a month will make me broke.

So unless you know me, kindly stick a dildö in your cake-hole.

£370 for car insurance ? I pay £320 for Audi SUV and a Nissan minivan and I rackup speeding ticket that I'm not proud of everytime, so my driving record is not very fine lipsrsealed so $320 is even high. I'm curious to know what you drive. undecided
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 08, 2012
To answer your question OP .... I don't know how much...there are always visa,MasterCard, savings account and a line of credit to dip in when I'm short of cash.
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by johnabbey1(m): 6:08am On Nov 08, 2012
If I no have 100 naira
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by kaze4blues(m): 6:26am On Nov 08, 2012
Wen I don't ave up to 50naira.
Wt 50naira, I can buy one cup of garri plus chilled pure water plus kulikulu nd epa....laffin ma arse offff
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 08, 2012
Imanuelle: I feel broke, whenever i don't have any hope of getting more money from anywhere.
Even if i have 50k, as long as there isn't any hope to add more cash... I start feeling sick.
It has to be a continual process.
spoke my mind
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Cabsso(m): 7:57am On Nov 08, 2012
As a student any tin less dan 100k in ma a/c den am broke.
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by duni04(m): 8:38am On Nov 08, 2012
abiL:

So unless you know me, kindly stick a dildö in your cake-hole.
LOL..well in truth u earn more than i do but i guess i don't have as many obligations as you do. To answer d OP's question, anything less than 200k would take me down d poor broken road, 200k in naira that is. Thankfully I Haven't been down that alley in a really long time grin
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 08, 2012
Anything below #500,000, I'm dead broke
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2012
Ndoz:
ole shocked

Why call me Ole? Try put two kids in Private school abroad and then you will know how much it costs! I don't live a flambouyant lifestyle, I just want the very best education and life for my kids.
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Austin117(m): 11:16am On Nov 08, 2012
till when i cant buy my self something 2 eat then i am broke.
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2012
2buff:

You seriously let the insurance guys know you used the car for business? LOL bad move.
The hard fact is it doesn't matter what you use your car for. If it crashes and you have insurance, they must pay.
The "I use it for business" thing is just so they can decide to bill you more for ABSOLUTELY no reason.

Abi will they ask you "Where were you going when the accident happened? To the mall or to a client? We need to know to determine how to go about your claim"... cheesy

Insurance guys need not know shit. At least in Canada.
The more unneccessary information you give them, the more they have to use against you and deny you coverage when you need it or ramp up your fees. It's how they put food on their table.
For your next car, be sharper and more shrewd about it. smiley

It's still too much.. I have a multipurpose plan too with the highest deductible and 2million whatever they call it.... You're not under 18 ( i presume) so you're not a minor... uk too much o!
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2012
2buff:

You seriously let the insurance guys know you used the car for business? LOL bad move.
The hard fact is it doesn't matter what you use your car for. If it crashes and you have insurance, they must pay.
The "I use it for business" thing is just so they can decide to bill you more for ABSOLUTELY no reason.

Abi will they ask you "Where were you going when the accident happened? To the mall or to a client? We need to know to determine how to go about your claim"... cheesy

Insurance guys need not know shit. At least in Canada.
The more unneccessary information you give them, the more they have to use against you and deny you coverage when you need it or ramp up your fees. It's how they put food on their table.
For your next car, be sharper and more shrewd about it. smiley

It's still too much.. I have a multipurpose plan too with the $500 deductible and 2million whatever they call it.... You're not under 18 ( i presume) so you're not a minor... uk too much o
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Ogojohn(m): 12:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
Broke is when you have money and you can't access it. You use your last kobo to enter bus to visit one of your debtors thinking you will get some cash from him and you will end up trekkin home. You will be too ashamed to tell him you have no penny in your pocket to transport you back. Being broke is when you have no money to take care of your primary needs.
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by allboyz(m): 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
honestly - 2.5M
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
Ogojohn: Broke is when you have money and you can't access it. You use your last kobo to enter bus to visit one of your debtors thinking you will get some cash from him and you will end up trekkin home. You will be too ashamed to tell him you have no penny in your pocket to transport you back. Being broke is when you have no money to take care of your primary needs.

That one is very deep , very sad embarassed
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by poweredcom(m): 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
Truly when konji dey hold me and I no see 700 naira take Bleep ashawo am dats when I know am done and dead broke
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by abiL(f): 6:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
euromilion:

I don't wanna have to keep explaining myself... Check my previous posts.

My annual car insurance is £3006, but because I choose to pay monthly, the premium got increased to £3486.44 this includes a one off deposit of £450-ish, and I pay the rest off (£379) every month for 8 months.

I drive a 2010 convertible mini

jidegirl12:

It's still too much.. I have a multipurpose plan too with the $500 deductible and 2million whatever they call it.... You're not under 18 ( i presume) so you're not a minor... uk too much o
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by Revolva(m): 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2012
Well I consider myself broke when no money to buy common GARRI and groundnut take soak - garri don cost now oo
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by knockturnal(m): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
WTF,i cant remember the last time i was not broke. I ll always be broke, till i can av Bill in my garden n Aliko opening ma gate, i ld say am always broke!
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by nasty45(m): 6:55am On Nov 16, 2012
I love the one that said tis wen u av money and yet cant use it
Re: How Much Do You Consider Broke? by jevic(m): 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
When I cannot solve my immediate need.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Money Or Wisdom, Which Is Better? / Merry Christmas Special SMS Messages 2013 / LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.