Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law (18560 Views)

Buhari As Ebenezer Obey Was Singing In Ogun (Photo) / I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi / “go Back To Your Village If You Cannot Obey New Traffic Laws” – Governor Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by AjanleKoko: 12:41am On Nov 07, 2012
coogar:

i refuse to believe this - sold all their lands or rented them out?

i refuse to believe eleganza is broke too - he's a board of director in top conglomerates in nigeria - every annual general meeting means this dude nets about 30 million bucks....multiply that by the number of companies he bosses and you would have a brief idea on how these boys are smiling.........

This is why children should never be allowed to stay up late. embarassed
Anybody, help me out here with this pup. I'm off to bed. undecided

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by lukade: 12:41am On Nov 07, 2012
i remember vividly that in the early 90s that the so-called "touts" of today werre beggers then.They sat in diffrent parts of Victoria Island ,begging passersbye for 20 or 50 Naira notesFfeom year 2000 till date,they have graduated into "YNIFORMED TASK FORCR"cllecting money from bus drivers .truck pushers. market sellers etc.they own the market but it has been occupied by other tribes because THEY prefer to feed on the "reminants" in form of "OWO SECURITY"."OWO BOYS"."OWO MORNING"."OWO ILE" ETC.They have successfuly sold all their lands.So some dont even know their own village because it has been sold off.Don"t you think we should encourage the so called"strangers" to stay an feed our"GROWN UP BABIES".afterall , we know what they will turn into once they leave?Also. they should be trained because "LIVING AS A PARASITE DOSE NOT BRING OUT THEIR TRUE POTENTIALS"Please.let all of us be sincere to ourselves:"IT TAKES GREAT WISDOM AND CONSISTENCY TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS A BUSINESS OWNER".

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Dainfamous: 12:43am On Nov 07, 2012
igbo boy: I see Yoruba people saying that fashola should make it hard to live in lagos by making it expensive...What a paradox cos we all know that most poor people in lagos are Yorubas....hmm so which village we go carry dem go?
i wonderooo all those dirty alagbaru babes are in trouble area boys are normally their boy friends i wonder why fashola is doing this to his own people... angry

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by thelastPope(m): 12:45am On Nov 07, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Onirus have sold all their land to non-indigenes of Lagos.
Who knows, they could get kicked out in 20 years grin

And Okoya (eleganza) is very well-confirmed broke. Owing several banks for decades in fact.
Eleganza has closed down since the late 90s. Even the ball-point ben business has tanked.
Only a matter of time for our man grin

It amazes me at the level of ignorance being shown by Fashola and his apologists. Whether they think a day will come when they will drive out non indigenes and occupy their houses, i dont no. Such a time will never ever come. The world has changed. This is not 1940. Lagos is dominated by the strong and the industrious, not by indigenes. These fools claiming indigenes dont even own a hut anywhere in Lagos. They have sold all their Abule. They have spent the money on owanbe. Even their jagaban is not even a Lagos indigene and they are here making noise. In the next 10 years, nost of them will be staying in hotels when they come to Lagos. I feel sorry for them really

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by coogar: 12:46am On Nov 07, 2012
AjanleKoko:

This is why children should never be allowed to stay up late. embarassed
Anybody, help me out here with this pup. I'm off to bed. undecided

haha - the miserable sod brainfarts again!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by thelastPope(m): 12:53am On Nov 07, 2012
coogar:

what do you mean by lagos is a no man's land? only illiterates talk that way.....go to abuja, a territory carved out of few states and say its a no man's land. a state with a governor and commissioners plus a traditional ruler is a no man's land? you mean lagos has it's own indigenous people and some undesirables are making life difficult for the sons of the soil? don't say this in public abeg, you could get punched in the face......

for feck's sake - what is the meaning of lagos is no man's land?

You are just a noise maker. What do you own in Lagos? That yor miniflat apartment and your tokunbo TV is sharking you abi? I am sure your landlord is a non indigene. smh

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by coogar: 12:57am On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:
You are just a noise maker. What do you own in Lagos? That yor miniflat apartment and your tokunbo TV is sharking you abi? I am sure your landlord is a non indigene. smh

mini-flat apartment - tokunbo tv and what else?
i can accommodate your whole village comfortably in lagos without creaking my sinews.....if you ever become a refugee in nigeria, tap my cell.....

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by thelastPope(m): 12:57am On Nov 07, 2012
take dat: Did Fashola mention any tribe? His statement was directed at all tribes including the Yoruba's. Should Fashola bear the burden of other state governments who has failed to develop their states? Quit being a jester

You people are not civilized i swear. You are thinking in reverse! Taking us back to the days of racial segregation. This is the height of backwardness. No one does ethnic profiling in civilized countries of the world again. Only in places like somalia and afghan will you see such things. Very sad!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by coogar: 1:01am On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:

You people are not civilized i swear. You are thinking in reverse! Taking us back to the days of racial segregation. This is the height of backwardness. No one does ethnic profiling in civilized countries of the world again. Only in places like somalia and afghan will you see such things. Very sad!

i am not even sure you understand english language - where exactly did fashola mention tribal profiling? he said people who don't want to respect traffic laws should go back to their villages - he was referring to nigerians from the other 35 states(including the yoruba people)..........why are you reading meanings to a harmless statement? are you scared you might lose the hamlet that took you 35 yrs to build?

don't fret - there is not going to be another maroko saga ever again - you pig fûcker!
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by thelastPope(m): 1:03am On Nov 07, 2012
coogar:

mini-flat apartment - tokunbo tv and what else?
i can accommodate your whole village comfortably in lagos without creaking my sinews.....if you ever become a refugee in nigeria, tap my cell.....

I know your type. You have a bold 2 london use. You have 3 kids from different women and you have abandoned them with their baby mamas while you junket around drinking small stout in every beer parlour. Obesere is your favourite artist. You used to live in an Abule but the baale gradually sold the lands and all of you have now moved to mowe/ibafo or Igando. All your relatives are scattered around doing vulcanizer work or repairing generators. I know your type. They are always begging me money on my street. They claim they are from Epe or Ikordu or one other location. They will soon be the real non indigenes. SMH

6 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by coogar: 1:10am On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:

I know your type. You have a bold 2 london use. You have 3 kids from different women and you have abandoned them with their mums while you junket around drinking small stout in every beer parlour. Obesere is your favourite artist. You used to live in an Abule but the baale gradually sold the lands and all of you have now moved to mowe/ibafo or Igando. All your relatives are scattered around doing vulcanizer work or repairing generators. I know your type. They are always begging me money on my street. They claim they are from Epe or Ikordu or one other location. They will soon be the real non indigenes. SMH

you don't know my type....
my type employs your type - my type is a god to your type.........
your type is the reason lagos is a shyte hole - your type is the group of people who sleep under the bridges cos there's no shelter - your type is the lowest echelon with the tendency to commit violent crime in lagos! your type hides firearms in a box of gala sausage! your type killed cynthia in a dinghy festac hotel! your type killed the aluu-4...... your type should be exterminated........i hope the foundation of the building you dwell collapses overnight, you homoerotic nuisance!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by bashr8: 1:15am On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:

I know your type. You have a bold 2 london use. You have 3 kids from different women and you have abandoned them with their mums while you junket around drinking small stout in every beer parlour. Obesere is your favourite artist. You used to live in an Abule but the baale gradually sold the lands and all of you have now moved to mowe/ibafo or Igando. All your relatives are scattered around doing vulcanizer work or repairing generators. I know your type. They are always begging me money on my street. They claim they are from Epe or Ikordu or one other location. They will soon be the real non indigenes. SMH
hahahha indeed you know them very well. i always tell nairaland yorubas to think before they type. if they start kicking out the poor or the nuisance or even people that dont contribute to developement of lagos, trust me it will start with yorubas.

think before you type, as for fashola if he cant handle the heat of running lagos he should resign and let someone else try and stop taking the cheap cowardly approach of blaming people that came from the village. the revenue he collects comes from federal govt who collects them from all the states in the country .

i dont know why nigerian politicians are dumb. without that crowd lagos will not be what it is today. put trains , connecting roads and flyover , water ways to enhance transportation. collect fines from thos that disobey traffic and jail those that commit crime, all na revenue.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by coogar: 1:25am On Nov 07, 2012
bashr8: hahahha indeed you know them very well. i always tell nairaland yorubas to think before they type. if they start kicking out the poor or the nuisance or even people that dont contribute to developement of lagos, trust me it will start with yorubas.

that's a very daft claim - it would start with everyone!
indiscipline is not tribal-based. disregarding simple laws is not tribal-based. i dunno the intelligent quotient of most of you bigots but i would wager my £5 that your IQ is lower than your shoe size!

think before you type, as for fashola if he cant handle the heat of running lagos he should resign and let someone else try and stop taking the cheap cowardly approach of blaming people that came from the village. the revenue he collects comes from federal govt who collects them from all the states in the country .

he has been handling it for a while now and he has done very well considering the difficulty he faces in a state with such a staggering population! it's difficult enough providing basic amenities in lagos state - total disregard of law and order would just tip the scale and the governor wants residents to act accordingly!

i dont know why nigerian politicians are dumb. without that crowd lagos will not be what it is today. put trains , connecting roads and flyover , water ways to enhance transportation. collect fines from thos that disobey traffic and jail those that commit crime, all na revenue.

the crowd contribute nothing to lagos - in fact, they strangulate the city! imagine what lagos would be like if there were less than 3 million people inhabiting the state.....the state is rich enough to cater for itself......there are seaports and airports - there are foreign investors everywhere you look - so what exactly is the mammoth crowd contributing to the state? how was lagos doing before the mass migration?
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by redcliff: 1:35am On Nov 07, 2012
seanet01: That is what it is. This is what happens to people who seldom take time out to visit Their Fatherland. They will not be able to realize what is on ground. I know what is happening in Lagos. Everytime i am in ng i make sure i spend at least a week in Lagos. Ibos are constituting a nuisance to the well being of Lagos. 70% of Lagos okada drivers are ibos.

Its clear that wherever you are you are as ignorant as the other poster who with their first comments converted the thread to a tribal lashing event and besides, who asked you where u are and how u plan your routine?
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by thelastPope(m): 1:47am On Nov 07, 2012
coogar:
the crowd contribute nothing to lagos - in fact, they strangulate the city! imagine what lagos would be like if there were less than 3 million people inhabiting the state.....the state is rich enough to cater for itself......there are seaports and airports - there are foreign investors everywhere you look - so what exactly is the mammoth crowd contributing to the state? how was lagos doing before the mass migration?

If you are not ignorant, it would have occured to you that without the population, the airport and seaport will be useless and the government will have to move them to places that have more population. Some of you sound so unintelligent. The population is an opportunity, not a problem. But tribalism and lack of foresight will not allow you to see it

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by coogar: 1:54am On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:
If you are not ignorant, it would have occured to you that without the population, the airport and seaport will be useless and the government will have to move them to places that have more population. Some of you sound so unintelligent. The population is an opportunity, not a problem. But tribalism and lack of foresight will not allow you to see it

you are technically the dullest poster on this forum....
so government would move seaports and airports to where exactly? what a daft thing to say? lagos have seaports because of the atlantic ocean not because of the population - you twerp......would the government move the ocean to abuja too or to zamfara?

someone needs to thaw the 2 brain-cells you have in your cranium!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by adconline(m): 2:03am On Nov 07, 2012
Fortunately, people in villages are better behaved than folks I see in Lagos. Lagosians are the first to shout on top of their lungs because noise pollution has affected their hearing..first to fight for anything.. Molue, keke, BRT, taxis, Okada.. First to insult and assault.. First to get angry because of stressful environment.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by thelastPope(m): 2:12am On Nov 07, 2012
coogar:

you are technically the dullest poster on this forum....
so government would move seaports and airports to where exactly? what a daft thing to say? lagos have seaports because of the atlantic ocean not because of the population - you twerp......would the government move the ocean to abuja too or to zamfara?

someone needs to thaw the 2 brain-cells you have in your cranium!

I was almost going to ignore your post. but i feel i have a responsibility to educate you. Your ignorance is so worrisome.

There are various seaports in Nigeria. Warri, Oneh, Koko, Calabar, Sapele and the new Akwa Ibom port. Lagos has Tincan and Warf ports. Because of the capital status of Lagos and the consequent growth in population, priority status was given to Lagos ports. That means, shipments are directed first to Lagos ports before any other ports. This is the reason there has been an agitation for the Onitsha river niger port. Someone in Enugu or Makurdi has to import his goods through the Lagos port. That means, he has to now convey his goods by road all the way from Lagos to his factory. That means more cost and all the dangers involved. Now if Lagos didnt have the capital status and consequently a population explosion, they would not have been given the priority status in both airports and seaports. If for some reason lagos was to have a mass exodus of people, it means some new state will grow in population and both individual and business activities will grow there. Consequently, the demand for airport and seaport activities would shift and the government will have to respond to that demand by giving priority status to those new states. The result of that will be simple. Lagos ports will loose business. Taxes will drop drastically. Both the federal and state revenue will drop drastically and Lagos would have a big challenge because they have no real natural resource. Sapele port is the best in Nigeria because it is a fresh water port but it is completely unutilised. 80% of all seaport activities are channeled to Lagos. That will change if Lagos was 3million. First the demand for goods in Lagos will drop drastically and that demand will move elsewhere. This is just a little education for you.

You should educate yourself before posting in a public forum

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by ballabriggs: 2:35am On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:

I was almost going to ignore your post. but i feel i have a responsibility to educate you. Your ignorance is so worrisome.

There are various seaports in Nigeria. Warri, Oneh, Koko, Calabar, Sapele and the new Akwa Ibom port. Lagos has Tincan and Warf ports. Because of the capital status of Lagos and the consequent growth in population, priority status was given to Lagos ports. That means, shipments are directed first to Lagos ports before any other ports. This is the reason there has been an agitation for the Onitsha river niger port. Someone in Enugu or Makurdi has to import his goods through the Lagos port. That means, he has to now convey his goods by road all the way from Lagos to his factory. That means more cost and all the dangers involved. Now if Lagos didnt have the capital status and consequently a population explosion, they would not have been given the priority status in both airports and seaports. If for some reason lagos was to have a mass exodus of people, it means some new state will grow in population and both individual and business activities will grow there. Consequently, the demand for airport and seaport activities would shift and the government will have to respond to that demand by giving priority status to those new states. The result of that will be simple. Lagos ports will loose business. Taxes will drop drastically. Both the federal and state revenue will drop drastically and Lagos would have a big challenge because they have no real natural resource. Sapele port is the best in Nigeria because it is a fresh water port but it is completely unutilised. 80% of all seaport activities are channeled to Lagos. That will change if Lagos was 3million. First the demand for goods in Lagos will drop drastically and that demand will move elsewhere. This is just a little education for you.

You should educate yourself before posting in a public forum

Why is Lagos the destination for most Rural-Urban and Urban-Urban migrants?
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by basher(m): 2:39am On Nov 07, 2012
This is an insult to the rest of Nigeria!

This Lagos that has been developed with money from all over Nigeria since colonial times.

This Lagos that is still being developed with taxes from the enterprises of people from all over Nigeria.

This Lagos whose commerce is fuelled by seaports, airports etc, built with money from all over Nigeria.

Remember that Nigeria is a volatile evolving country & nothing is set in stone? Have u ever stopped & pondered what the fate of Lagos will be if all the facilities that can are developed & d environment conducive in the regions & everyone actually went back to their villages? Does it occurr to u guys that Lagos is profiting immensely due to d fact that Nigeria cannot get its act right & that we r still one country? I saw first hand what happened in the 90s when oil companies started relocating their operational HQs to PH & a lot of people were not smiling - imagine that happening in multiple sectors?

What an arrogant short sited thing to say from a man who is intent on biting the many hands that feed him. I pray these words do not come round to haunt him or his descendants.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by thelastPope(m): 2:49am On Nov 07, 2012
ballabriggs:

Why is Lagos the destination for most Rural-Urban and Urban-Urban migrants?

I tought i just explained that above. Lagos was the capital of Nigeria for decades, so naturally everything in Nigeria then revolved around Lagos. You will notice that since the capital was moved to Abuja, Abuja is fast becoming the new destination. But Abuja will not have the rush of Lagos basically because it is not a port city. But as long as Nigeria operates a central government, Abuja will continue to grow and might begin to compete in a few years time. By the time IBB moved the capotal to Abuja in 1991, Lagos has already become a big city with massive population. So there was no way it was suddenly going to reduce in status. As it is currently, the infrastructure that exist in Lagos doesnt exist in other places in Nigeria. For example, the government just started upgrading the airports in Nigeria, So hopefully in a few years, Enugu, PH and Calabar will come into play as busy International airports. People will not have to travel all that distance to come to Lagaos to fly.

Also, if you have a business, the logical thing is to go setup in a place that has the population to patronse your business. This is a normal social trend all over the world. Same thing explains the migration to cities like joburg and mumbai. That was why GEJ announced last year that the government would relocate some infrastructure from Lagos to other states. How and when they do that is another thing but that will definitely allow people to move into other states to do business. You can see that Ogun state is a major beneficiary of the population explosion of Lagos.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by bashr8: 4:29am On Nov 07, 2012
his tenure will soon be over, i see pdp taking advantage of all this fashola nonsense to win lagos come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 07, 2012
Why do some set of tribal bigots go into a fit of convulsion anytime Fashola pronounced a blind law that targets no particular tribe?

These eebos have a patent hatred for Fashola and I wonder why...
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by aruzuoke(m): 5:15am On Nov 07, 2012
seanet01: That is what it is. This is what happens to people who seldom take time out to visit Their Fatherland. They will not be able to realize what is on ground. I know what is happening in Lagos. Everytime i am in ng i make sure i spend at least a week in Lagos. Ibos aAre constituting a nuisance to the well being of Lagos. 70% of Lagos okada drivers are ibos.
who is dis illitrate. PlS if u don't have work get one for urself.In d real sense I used to see Fashola as a more intelligent fellow,but as it stAnds now he should have to purge himself of majority yoruba advisors cos guys r too tribalistic.I'v seen it a lot. shame!!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by malele(m): 5:25am On Nov 07, 2012
This fashola is a big fool, was lagos not built with oil money from the village.
Besides its like to that big fool lagos is the only city in nigeria and others are primitive village.
Useless man.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by malele(m): 5:27am On Nov 07, 2012
By Gods grace those villagers will vote you people out 2015. Stupid man

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by kabba7(m): 5:34am On Nov 07, 2012
Governor Fashola has not mention any tribe so why the link to igbos just obey the law ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ U̶̲̥̅̊ are Φkγ̲̣̣̥ .
Though I continue to wonder why every single Igbo person has to run from home ,anything to do with witches? Learn how to stay ayt home that seem to be why these Bboko Haram thing affect U̶̲̥̅̊ sd much.God forbid bad tin happening in Lagos Ɣ☺ΰ̊ will be hit directly.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 07, 2012
Obama has won ! Enough fight ! grin grin.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Remii(m): 6:04am On Nov 07, 2012
He should tell Tinubu to go back to Iragbiji as Aregbesola and Leke Pitan did mschewww
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by ceejay80s(m): 6:05am On Nov 07, 2012
seanet01: Ibos do you hear wetin Fash don said? If this law is not something you feel comfortable about please go back to your gully erosion ravaged biafra. There is no room for nonsense in Lagos. Am i clear?
mumu, is fashola himself a lagosian? No be we ibo oil money una dey chop?

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Remii(m): 6:09am On Nov 07, 2012
malele: This fashola is a big fool, was lagos not built with oil money from the village.
Besides its like to that big fool lagos is the only city in nigeria and others are primitive village.
Useless man.

Point of correction, Lagos has been Lagos more than 100years before oil was found in Nigeria. Most structures in Lagos built from cocoa and tax money before oil boom of 1970s
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by siobahn: 6:17am On Nov 07, 2012
seanet01: That is what it is. This is what happens to people who seldom take time out to visit Their Fatherland. They will not be able to realize what is on ground. I know what is happening in Lagos. Everytime i am in ng i make sure i spend at least a week in Lagos. Ibos are constituting a nuisance to the well being of Lagos. 70% of Lagos okada drivers are ibos.

Who told you 70% of Okada drivers are Ibos?? Dumb Ass!!! Mr One Week! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC / 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari / Enugu Catholic Diocese Disowns Fr Mbaka's Attack On Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.