Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,942 members, 7,806,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? (3163 Views)

Hillarious Names Naija Guys Often Call Ladies / Why Do Guys Call Ladies "Angel" When There Are No Female Angels In The Holy Book / Guys; Do U Really Mean It When You Call Ladies "Fine Girl" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by tintingz(m): 10:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
I notice that every lady uses sweet words to greet other ladies(same gender) like "my sweet heart how you doing" "babylove how far" and so on, as if they are all lesbians??, imagine me a guy calling my male friend "how far honeyboy" or "how you doing sweet heart" aargh! Bullshit and gayish i cant even imagine myself saying all that to a guy....
guys dont use those sweet stuff to greet guys except if you are a gay angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by Ariyke: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
undecided
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by Caracta(f): 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ok
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by tintingz(m): 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
Caracta: Ok
ok sweet rat smiley
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by Caracta(f): 10:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
smh
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by doeeyed: 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
As alien as it may sound to you.
Women are full of endearments whilst addressing pple.
It's a girly thing, something some male cerebella may find difficult comprehending!!

It's not a lesbo thing to hold hands or speak words of endearment to another sister. It's being sisterly in a 9ja way.

On the streets in a developed world, this may be viewed differently and participants viewed with derision.

Hope u understand, Tingz!

Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by tintingz(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
^@caracta, Smh....sweet heart
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by tintingz(m): 11:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
doe-eyed:

As alien as it may sound to you.
Women are full of endearments whilst addressing pple.
It's a girly thing, something some male cerebella may find difficult comprehending!!
It's not a lesbo thing to hold hands or speak words of endearment to another sister. It's being sisterly in a 9ja way.
On the streets in a developed world, this may be viewed differently and participants viewed with derision.
Hope u understand, Tingz!
yeah.....buh guys don't use all these sweet sweet stuff to greet their mate only gay guys. . .lesbo gals and non-lesbo i don't see the differences in their greetings
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by doeeyed: 11:12pm On Nov 06, 2012
Just accept that's girly behaviour.
I regularly call my female clients, sweetie, dearie, cupcakes, honey .......
to get them cooperating.
Just sth widely done in my profession!!!!

Sometimes I ask permission from the husbands if there's a quizzical look....
But once other members of the team (almost always female) continue using such words....
They quickly realise, its to put the women at ease during a time that's so harrowing and life changing!!

Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by 190theclown: 11:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
well maybe its cos these Nigerian girls posess the worst of names so they try to skim thru it
and make them more global

I can imagine the aura when a girl says AJENKPAKO how far longest time
and Ajenkpako replies - Idowulogbo i dey ooh how your end!

It just depreciate the price of their bride price value before the common man
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by doeeyed: 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
^^^^^
You never fail to amuse!!
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by tintingz(m): 11:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
doe-eyed:

Just accept that's girly behaviour.
I regularly call my female clients, sweetie, dearie, cupcakes, honey .......
to get them cooperating.
Just sth widely done in my profession!!!!
Sometimes I ask permission from the husbands if there's a quizzical look....
But once other members of the team (almost always female) continue using such words....
They quickly realise, its to put the women at ease during a time that's so harrowing and life changing!!
owkay......gals and their jelly jelly thing.....as for me i can't say all this sweetie, honey, babylove, cupcakes, dearie etc to a guy naah! Gayish! Argh!
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by tintingz(m): 11:28pm On Nov 06, 2012
190-the-clown:
well maybe its cos these Nigerian girls posess the worst of names so they try to skim thru it
LoL! No gal will want to greet such of their nicknames on NL grin
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by 190theclown: 12:41am On Nov 07, 2012
well i could be wrong i guess.. who knows

its NIGERIAN GIRLS we are talking about here remember undecided
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 07, 2012
190-the-clown:

By d tym dey pounce on u, don't complain oh. Na u find trouble today. In fact, i wld go nd call dem to come nd see this. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by Caracta(f): 1:19am On Nov 07, 2012
Smh. Some men are boys. What a pity!
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by 190theclown: 1:27am On Nov 07, 2012
alutacontinua:

By d tym dey pounce on u, don't complain oh. Na u find trouble today. In fact, i wld go nd call dem to come nd see this. grin grin grin grin

please dont, i was only citing an example embarassed
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by 190theclown: 1:27am On Nov 07, 2012
Caracta: Smh. Some men are boys. What a pity!

H$$$ undecided
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by tintingz(m): 9:06am On Nov 07, 2012
Caracta: Smh. Some men are boys. What a pity!
and you are a mama.... tongue
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 07, 2012
it's a girl thing! some of my friends do it, but I personally don't really feel comfortable calling anyone like that. That doesn't mean they're lesbian or attracting to the girl in question, it's just to be friendly and because they care about the person, or it's just an habit they have.
and it's not a Nigerian girls thing, they all do that ;-)!
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by UjSizzle(f): 11:55am On Nov 07, 2012
I call most of my friends-male n female- by pet names, does that make me bisexual?
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by freecocoa(f): 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2012
I wonder the kind of people we have on NL these days.
Oh! how I miss the old NL.
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by tintingz(m): 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2012
miss-sweety86:
it's a girl thing! some of my friends do it, but I personally don't really feel comfortable calling anyone like that. That doesn't mean they're lesbian or attracting to the girl in question, it's just to be friendly and because they care about the person, or it's just an habit they have.
and it's not a Nigerian girls thing, they all do that ;-)!
good. . .i care bout my male fwends buh i dont call them sweetie or honey. . .
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2012
as I said it's not everyone that do that! I personally finds quite incomfortable to call anyone "sweetie" or whatever (I'm French speaking so my friends don't use English), I even have a hard time with parents calling their kids like that, but that doesn't mean these girls are lesbian. It's just thing some people do. Some people are more private and don't do it and other are more expansive and over-friendly with this kind of words, but no more meaning than being friendly.
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by tintingz(m): 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2012
uj_sizzle: I call most of my friends-male n female- by pet names, does that make me bisexual?
calling your female fwends by pet name doesnt do anything with calling her sweetie, sugar, honeygal etc BTW what pet name do you call them??
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by tintingz(m): 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2012
freecocoa: I wonder the kind of people we have on NL these days.
Oh! how I miss the old NL.
then look for a time machine and teleport back!
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by freecocoa(f): 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
tintingz: them look for a time machine and teleport back!
See how you are embarrassing yourself.
What age are you from?
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by tintingz(m): 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
miss-sweety86:
as I said it's not everyone that do that! I personally finds quite incomfortable to call anyone "sweetie" or whatever (I'm French speaking so my friends don't use English), I even have a hard time with parents calling their kids like that, but that doesn't mean these girls are lesbian. It's just thing some people do. Some people are more private and don't do it and other are more expansive and over-friendly with this kind of words, but no more meaning than being friendly.
owkay. . .thanx for the contribution buh gals should reduce the sweetie thing to call their female friends, gals are to call guys sweetie, honey, cupcake, baby not gal calling gal those stuff. . .
you not a Nigerian?
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by tintingz(m): 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
freecocoa: See how you are embarrassing yourself.
What age are you from?
stone age. . . tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by UjSizzle(f): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
tintingz: calling your female fwends by pet name doesnt do anything with calling her sweetie, sugar, honeygal etc BTW what pet name do you call them??

sweety, honey, sugar, pumpkin, munchkins, love, cup cake, honeybun....should i go on?
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by fairygeh(f): 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2012
Lmao.its girls stuff jare.I usually call most of my girl friends,love,boo,sugar,sweetie,hneypie.etc,but for guys to do d same for their fellow guys is out of it.
Re: Why Do You Ladies Greet Or Call Ladies "Sweet Heart/words" Are You All Lesbians? by Series22(m): 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
tintingz: owkay. . .thanx for the contribution buh gals should reduce the sweetie thing to call their female friends, gals are to call guys sweetie, honey, cupcake, baby not gal calling gal those stuff. . .
you not a Nigerian?
all girls are potential lesbians

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check / E Don Happen. Am In Trobull +pics / Romancing And Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.