Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

How Come Almost Everything Edible Has Got A ''HALAAL" Sign On It? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Come Almost Everything Edible Has Got A ''HALAAL" Sign On It? (1043 Views)

Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge / Have You Ever Got A Bone Stuck In Your Throat? How Did You Remove It? / Do You Eat Edible Worms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Almost Everything Edible Has Got A ''HALAAL" Sign On It? by JynxDane: 9:53pm On Nov 07, 2012
How come almost everything edible has got a ''HALAAL" sign on it? aint that islamic ish¿ and those who claim to be christians are eating up happily.. . Plus check this out for being wired.: the opposite of the word HALAAL is ''HARAAM'' ... ''wha daaaaaaaa... .. . yeah.. thats wha i thought too... Coincidence or... hmmmmmmm..
Re: How Come Almost Everything Edible Has Got A ''HALAAL" Sign On It? by JynxDane: 12:11am On Nov 09, 2012
have fun Purpinkx...

Come On guys, r u all like.. Clueless??
Re: How Come Almost Everything Edible Has Got A ''HALAAL" Sign On It? by Emmyk(m): 11:21am On Nov 09, 2012
Are you delirious? Edible stuffs like what? I dont even get it!!
Re: How Come Almost Everything Edible Has Got A ''HALAAL" Sign On It? by JynxDane: 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
nope.. am not.. and u could av asked more nicely..

Ok.. I mean PACKED foods. Ranging from ready to eat/drink products like: biscuits, chocolates, beef rolls (like gala), bread, butter, tin milk, coffee and other beverages including baby food.. to others like: indomi, sardines, oats, salt, and every other cooking ingredient i can think of.. if u'v ever been to Nigeria or South Africa (places i can vouch for) u'll know what am rapping about.. ... Just wanna know whats up wif d HALAAL sign, can forget about d xtian nd muslim ish i brought up in my earlier post..
Re: How Come Almost Everything Edible Has Got A ''HALAAL" Sign On It? by Nobody: 1:36am On Nov 10, 2012
JynxDane: nope.. am not.. and u could av asked more nicely..

Ok.. I mean PACKED foods. Ranging from ready to eat/drink products like: biscuits, chocolates, beef rolls (like gala), bread, butter, tin milk, coffee and other beverages including baby food.. to others like: indomi, sardines, oats, salt, and every other cooking ingredient i can think of.. if u'v ever been to Nigeria or South Africa (places i can vouch for) u'll know what am rapping about.. ... Just wanna know whats up wif d HALAAL sign, can forget about d xtian nd muslim ish i brought up in my earlier post..

First of all Halal means permissible , allowed , okay under Islamic law.... Halal meat has been blessed before its slaughtered , and so are other baked, dairy stuff too.

A dedicated Muslim or what we call fanatic will not eat just any meat or chicken here in the western world cos it was slaughtered well undecided with a kind of gun (not really)

if you've been to a slaughter house in a farm you'll know what I'm talking about ,

so what Muslims do is before its slaughtered they bless the cow/ poultry and its considered Halaal.

If you notice they are more expensive than the non halal producs cos they are imported from those Middle East countries( I'm talking about the products).

JynxDane: How come almost everything edible has got a ''HALAAL" sign on it? aint that islamic ish¿ and those who claim to be christians are eating up happily.. . Plus check this out for being wired.: the opposite of the word HALAAL is ''HARAAM'' ... ''wha daaaaaaaa... .. . yeah.. thats wha i thought too... Coincidence or... hmmmmmmm..

Everybody's doctrine/ beliefs should be respected so be careful what you say so you don't get a punch on your face grin koi?
Re: How Come Almost Everything Edible Has Got A ''HALAAL" Sign On It? by Enoquin(f): 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2012
Yep! Jidegirl is right. Just like you checked and saw that Halaal is the opposite of Haram and saw that Haram means forbidden while Halaal is its opposite...that should tell you that it actually is for a group of people that would otherwise view a product with suspicion...and yes, the info is majorly for the muslims...

But reminds me of when I was younger and saw it on Indomie, Beloxxi, Dexter and some other foodstuffs like that...I went gaga...thinking the muslim community had an ulterior motive (no offense intended)...I grew, researched and saw the reason...

it's okay, at least they are looking out for themselves after all, if they don't take care of themselves...who will?..LOL
Re: How Come Almost Everything Edible Has Got A ''HALAAL" Sign On It? by JynxDane: 12:58am On Nov 11, 2012
@Jidegirl12: thanks for tryin to clear this up.. Just that it seems this guys (muslims.. though not all muslims, i now understand there r different types) are always trying to force/impose this whole islam ish on us.. : Sharia law, Islamic bank, boko haram (no to western education) etc.. the above havent affected me directly but am now getting more consciouse of 'Halaal' products .. and if its so blessed and safe whats up wif 'poison indomi' and the likes?.. (ok.. really dont expect you to answer that) and yeah. i do respect there doctrins, but nothing escapes my blackhole (my mind).

@Enoquin: Garcias to u too.. well i dont belive er'thing i hear or read online, what i do know is that behind every (cultural) practice such as this there is always an untold story, in various religions of the world so many things have been misinterpreted, due to wrong translations and others that were removed intentionaly.. You only know what the ruling class belive will keep the people together/united..

nd yop., hope they'v got no such motives..

Plus.: you know how they say: 'you'r what you eat'

(1) (Reply)

Beans And Its Insects. / Dont Hesitate To Call On Us For Your Cocktails, Mocktails, Smoothies, Small Chop / Gient Sea Tuttle Caught In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.