Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,650 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday (13333 Views)

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by bambech(m): 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2012
Don't still understand what is going on in lagos,the traffic situation has worsened since the ban on okada .

We have to sit in Bus for almost three hour to get to our destination

We have to wait in Bus stop for hours to get a bus

Transport fare is increased everyday

Fashola do something

Lagosians are suffering

9 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by salibee: 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
I just hope fashola will do something because the congestion these days
Is frustrating

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2012
The ban of Okada has really worsened the traffic situation in lagos.where you can go easily with okada in a matter of minutes now takes close to 3 hours on a commercial bus.this is just too bad honestly!
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by planetuzor(m): 7:22am On Nov 08, 2012
It affected me badly 2 o. . The okada ban
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by emyibe(m): 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
Where are the Okada men
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Kx: 12:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
FYI.
lAGOS is no longer the centre of excellence.
It is now the centre of traffic.
Little wonder instead of opening excellent radio, they opened Traffic radio.

9 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
I have never been a fan of Lagos even though I grew up there, its too overpopulated which has resulted in a stiff congestion.

Now coupled with the ban on Okada, its even worse and the thought of driving or hopping buses is killing, Fashola has actually lost it with the masses and I hope he'd do something soon.

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Walphem(m): 12:40pm On Nov 08, 2012
one now burn more fuel before getting to his destination than the usual amount of fuel used, and we can't even get the fuel easily.Congestion on all major roads within the state, I hope something drastic can be done asap.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2012
Now wey dem don open 3rd Mainland Bridge thing go change.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by jumongpan(f): 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2012
i think ph traffic is the worst i have seen so far,aba road in ph is like car park from 5pm and even in the morning atimes..ie the traffic oh

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by miteolu(m): 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2012
My fastest means of transportation in Lagos - Okada is banned.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by chidyke77(m): 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
I was once traffered to Lagos and my employers thot I wld be happy abt it, bt I decline the offer.
I cn only leave or work in Lagos wen the issue of traffic is minimise.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by thepo(m): 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2012
I'm so glad that I'm out of lagos.(Now in Abuja). Its really becoming unbearable to survive in Lagos. W!sh Lagosians lucky(lol) anyways
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by chucky234(m): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2012
I drove to Lekki few days back and I regretted doing so as I had to remained in traffic for hours,it was terrible.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by slimming: 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
The population here in lagos is not decrease either.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by 234GT(m): 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
Vote for ACN in 2015 so that you can suffer more. Iya ti e je ko i tii to. We in Ogun state are having our fair share of ACN-inflicted sufferings.

9 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2012
[
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by thepo(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] [b][/b]
chucky234: I drove to Lekki few days back and I regretted doing so as I had to remained in traffic for hours,it was terrible.

remained. No wonder
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
234GT: Vote for ACN in 2015 so that you can suffer more. Iya ti e je ko i tii to. We in Ogun state are having our fair share of ACN-inflicted sufferings.
And who do you suggest we vote for? Are they not all the same? Politrickians?
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okada is the solution!!! grin grin grin
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Exponental(m): 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
So many things are wrong in this country, unfortunately, most of our leaders dodge from d basis or start from d top 2 resolve basic issues.
....what do u expect wen d source of transportation is reduced and there is increase in demand? Also, d private okada riders have joined d queue n those tired of queueing have brought out their cars 2 join traffic thereby delaying d commercials from returning on tym.
It is a cycle...what goes around, comes around!
Fashola got it wrong here, he needs 2 review his decisions.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by jumongpan(f): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2012
exactly what is happening in ph city
bambech: Don't still understand what is going on in lagos,the traffic situation has worsened since the ban on okada .

Fashola do something

Lagosians are suffering
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by thehunted(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
[size=14pt]....and nobody will blame or insult fashola. if our president GEJ had done something of this nature,nairalanders would have insulted the hell out of him. smh[/size]

22 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2012
To the contrary, I am very impressed that I drive within VI at lightening speed, no more okada getting in my way. I was especially very happy today as I drove through my routes in VI and the entire VI looks so gorgeous, organized and serene without Okada. Fashola got this right but in a very harsh way as the okada riders have no life support buoy and the Okada loving commuters have no alternatives. To me, its been wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by luvinhubby(m): 1:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
fresh_dude: [
Let's try PDP at least, with the established Lagos govt institutions and an enlightened public, i think they can do better. At least they are better than this Jagaban's political empire.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by boladez(m): 1:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
I suspect the influx of visitors and participants in the ongoing international trade fair added to the fuel queues....the traffic wear trouser

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Aaronrod: 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2012

Cool down bros. He's working on it. Light train service will soon be available. Ferry service kicking of soonest.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by lonamy: 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
Bros and sis, the traffic congestion situation has always been there. Since the ban on the okada, there is no proof that the number of cars/vehicles in Lagos has increased.
The thing is that, those of us that were used to okada to get us out of the traffic are now feeling the congestion, because there is no okada to get us out of the situation.

Fashola is working.

4 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by luvinhubby(m): 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2012
Billyonaire: To the contrary, I am very impressed that I drive within VI at lightening speed, no more okada getting in my way. I was especially very happy today as I drove through my routes in VI and the entire VI looks so gorgeous, organized and serene without Okada. Fashola got this right but in a very harsh way as the okada riders have no life support buoy and the Okada loving commuters have no alternatives. To me, its been wonderful.
Guy i fear you ooo.., no be this V.I. wey i don spend 2hours inside the traffic after spending 1 & half hours to enter am since morning??

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by luvinhubby(m): 1:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
Aaronrod:

Cool down bros. He's working on it. Light train service will soon ]
He shud have started the train & ferry b/4 banning Okada, unreasonable politicians. angry

10 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by VolvoS60(m): 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
Of course its getting worse.

That is the only logical outcome when you have an overrated, corrupt Fashola administration/LASG which is very poor at curbing the excesses of its irredeemably corrupt traffic management officials.

As I write this, work has ceased on the "perpetually under construction" black hole that is the lekki-epe expressway. This is an "ëxpressway" that already has one operational toll point with another two set to follow, yet LCC, Hitech Construction Company and all the other actors in this macabre drama have simply gone to sleep and left the road (from just after Oando filling station onwards) to "lie fallow".

And mr fashola's hagiographers have the nerve to say lagos is working angry(whatever that means?)

I spent some time yesterday at Iponri where VIO and LASTMA officials hold court. I saw things there which left me speechless. Until that group is sorted out, traffic in this broken city WILL definitely get worse. But I know I am asking for too much.

'Eko oni baje' indeed.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners / National Identity Number Registration Is Free – NIMC Official / FG Approves Concession Of Lagos, Abuja, Two Other Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.