Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra (3915 Views)

Ondo: INEC Declares Two More State Assembly Seats For PDP. / National Conference Gives Igbos New 8 More State, Hausa/fulani Get 2 / Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Dainfamous: 11:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY WILL CREATE MORE
STATES..... – Sen. David Mark.
**Anioma will most certainly be one of such.
**Some parts of Anambra state likely to be
included
**To be a part of the South Eastern zone.
Senate President, David Mark,has revealed that
there is a very good possibility that the
National Assembly would create additional
states, just as he also stressed that the move
was desirable for the country as it would help
address the issue of marginalisation .
Senator Mark, who noted that creation of
additional states would bring government
closer to the people, said: “Creation of
additional states can only make government
closer to the people contrary to the view in
certain quarters that we do not need
additional states in the federation.”.
However, our source within the National
Assembly has hinted that Anioma state
remains one of the top priorities when the
decision to create the additional states is to
be made. As we reported some months ago,
the only snag, according to our source will be
the persistent pressure by some groups to
have the new Anioma state as part of the
South Eastern zone. To this end, our source
has also revealed that part of Anambra state
will be integrated into the newly proposed
Anioma state, which according to the source
is now a certainty should the National
Assembly finally decides to create the
additional states.
As it is now, our source revealed that should
there be only one state to be created by the
National Assembly, that it certainly looks to be
Anioma as a part of the South Eastern zone
with Onitsha and Ogbaru included in it.
When Onu Anioma conducted the views of
some Aniomas, there was a mixed reaction to
the development as some expressed outright
objection to having any part of the Eastern
States included in the proposed Anioma state
while few others, received the news in good
faith alleging that Onitsha, Ogbaru and some
other Eastern communities were originally
our kith and kin.
It will be recalled that the Igbo apex body,
Ohaneze Ndigbo headed by our own Chief
Ralph Uwaechue held a meeting some weeks
back at Asaba and the idea of including some
parts of Anambra state in the proposed
Anioma state was high on its agenda.
ONE PEOPLE......ONE MIND........ONE VOICE.........! smiley
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Dainfamous: 11:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
what do u guys think...
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by preciousoz: 12:03am On Nov 08, 2012
Good Move..... More govs, more expense, more Godfathers, more corruption. Very Good.

2 Likes

Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 08, 2012
why won't people just leave anambra state alone?
why must our cities be stolen just to create anioma?
If you really want to create anioma based on certain cultural things
then half of anambra will join it.
looks more like divide and rule.
if mark wants to create anioma and add it to se, he should do so with current anioma lands
enough of all these schemes and scams in the name of state creation.
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by AndreUweh(m): 12:11am On Nov 08, 2012
Utter nonsense. How can one take Onitsha out of Anambra state. Onitsha is Anambra and Anambra is Onitsha. The people of Onitsha have never indicated their interest in joining Anioma as they are not part of Anioma.
ANIOMA stands for: ANIOCHA, NDOKWA,IKA AND OSHIMIRI. If one adds Ogbaru and Anioma, then it is not Anioma.
Anioma being created and zoned to the south east is a good idea but must not touch Onitsha and Ogbaru.

2 Likes

Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 08, 2012
Andre Uweh: Utter nonsense. How can one take Onitsha out of Anambra state. Onitsha is Anambra and Anambra is Onitsha. The people of Onitsha have never indicated their interest in joining Anioma as they are not part of Anioma.
ANIOMA stands for: ANIOCHA, NDOKWA,IKA AND OSHIMIRI. If one adds Ogbaru and Anioma, then it is not Anioma.
Anioma being created and zoned to the south east is a good idea but must not touch Onitsha and Ogbaru.

well said dee andre

1 Like

Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by shizzle11(m): 7:01am On Nov 08, 2012
I smell rat. The whole thing is being politicized. Why carve out onitsha and ogbaru from anambra state? Why not create another state from wholly south east towns and cities. These guys are trying to take us for a ride
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Pharoh: 7:03am On Nov 08, 2012
Anioma state will be created and will never be zoned to the southeast . . .adding all the culturally lost lands will be an additional blessing but it will never be part of the southeast for any reason.
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Ozonna(m): 7:14am On Nov 08, 2012
Pharoh: Anioma state will be created and will never be zoned to the southeast . . .adding all the culturally lost lands will be an additional blessing but it will never be part of the southeast for any reason.

Dude, that's the only hope Anioma have for that state to be created. Whether u like it or not u'll be part of SE.

BTW Onitsha pple believe that they're not pure Igbo and that they're related to Asaba pple. Problem is will Anambra let go of their commercial hub centre Onitsha? I don't think so
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by chino11(m): 7:24am On Nov 08, 2012
God Forbid the National Assembly in their devilish move to touch any part of Anambra for whatever reason..

Onitsha people are real Anambrans and Igbos, and cannot be joined to anioma..

The best they can do is to create anioma from delta and join it to become the 6th SE state..simple

But any attempt to carve out any part of Anambra will meet a brick wall..because I will personal lead a revolution and secession of Anambra as a monolithic state which it is..

2 Likes

Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by chino11(m): 7:26am On Nov 08, 2012
Ozonna:

Dude, that's the only hope Anioma have for that state to be created. Whether u like it or not u'll be part of SE.

BTW Onitsha pple believe that they're not pure Igbo and that they're related to Asaba pple. Problem is will Anambra let go of their commercial hub centre Onitsha? I don't think so

Stop it..Onitsha has no connection with anything across the Niger..

Onitsha is Anambra and Anambra is Onitsha..
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Pharoh: 7:29am On Nov 08, 2012
Ozonna:

Man our hope is definitely not depended on that as majority of Anioma people do not want that, so acting otherwise will only lead to protest, hostility and instability in that region.

That is what am saying that the people of onitsha and ogbaru are related to the people on the other side of the niger and will surely wish to be united with their kits and kins there. It is not hypocrisy of the highest order to be shouting that anioma people are igbos and at the same time screaming that onitsha should not be part of anioma state. What is wrong in onitsha moving to anioma state if they are truly igbos as these people want us to believe.

They cannot eat their cake and have it at the same time, all these shouts of aniomas are igbos are just politics and a desire to grab land, it is not about truly anioma being igbos or not. We were never part of the eastern region and neither were we part of biafra geographically and never can we be zoned to the south eastern region.
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Abagworo(m): 7:34am On Nov 08, 2012
preciousoz: Good Move..... More govs, more expense, more Godfathers, more corruption. Very Good.

I'm with you on this one. They are creating more avenue for looting.
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by bdyke: 7:37am On Nov 08, 2012
chino11:

Stop it..Onitsha has no connection with anything across the Niger..

Onitsha is Anambra and Anambra is Onitsha..
Pure & simple..
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Abagworo(m): 7:43am On Nov 08, 2012
Pharoh:

Man our hope is definitely not depended on that as majority of Anioma people do not want that, so acting otherwise will only lead to protest, hostility and instability in that region.

That is what am saying that the people of onitsha and ogbaru are related to the people on the other side of the niger and will surely wish to be united with their kits and kins there. It is not hypocrisy of the highest order to be shouting that anioma people are igbos and at the same time screaming that onitsha should not be part of anioma state. What is wrong in onitsha moving to anioma state if they are truly igbos as these people want us to believe.

They cannot eat their cake and have it at the same time, all these shouts of aniomas are igbos are just politics and a desire to grab land, it is not about truly anioma being igbos or not. We were never part of the eastern region and neither were we part of biafra geographically and never can we be zoned to the south eastern region.

@bolded. You write like a small boy. If you know the history of anioma and the lasting pains they caused the entire Igbos, you'd be very sorry for writing that. Do you think Nzeogwu and most of the 1966 coup plotters are from the Southeast?

I've always believed that if such a State is to be created, Ika should be out of it. They should either remain with the "real Deltans" or joined with Edo.

1 Like

Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by salam001(m): 7:43am On Nov 08, 2012
Hurray,Anioma Will be the sixth igbo state,and who said Onitsha people say they are not pure Igbo.?you are high
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by warrior01: 8:01am On Nov 08, 2012
salam001: Hurray,Anioma Will be the sixth igbo state,and who said Onitsha people say they are not pure Igbo.?you are high
yeah! The guy must really be high on some watery shit
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by gilmaro(m): 8:36am On Nov 08, 2012
Andre Uweh: Utter nonsense. How can one take Onitsha out of Anambra state. Onitsha is Anambra and Anambra is Onitsha. The people of Onitsha have never indicated their interest in joining Anioma as they are not part of Anioma.

Well done bro, these guys are concerned with thier interest thus becoming blind to glaring issue even with thier eyes wide open. River Niger has geographically designed the boundry of anioma and anambra state, I wonder why they want to plant future confusion with pleasant political names. What is wrong with our leaders undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by gilmaro(m): 8:38am On Nov 08, 2012

Well done bro, these guys are so concerned with thier selfish interest thus becoming blind to glaring issues even with thier eyes wide open. River Niger has geographically designed the boundry of anioma and anambra state, I wonder why they want to plant future confusion with pleasant political names. What is wrong with our leaders undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by EzePromoe: 8:56am On Nov 08, 2012
I support the idea of creating Anioma state because they've been marginalised by the current Delta state government but i don't support the ceding of Onitsha to Anioma. God forbid that i'll wake up one morning and i will hear on radio that i'm not from Anambra any longer. I'm proud of my state. The light of the nation.
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Caseless: 9:02am On Nov 08, 2012
What rawbish...! This man jst want apa state created for his pple(idoma) that's why he's bent on the issue of state creation . Let's compress some of the non-productive states and make them part of the productive ones. For God's sake what are states like ekiti, abia,yobe ,adamawa,jigawa, maiduguri,osun,kebbi etc doing? Create more states to give nothing rather than more boko haram, MEND, MASSOB And OPC...they will get more deadlier. I weep for my country!
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by salam001(m): 9:14am On Nov 08, 2012
Eze Promoe: I support the idea of creating Anioma state because they've been marginalised by the current Delta state government but i don't support the ceding of Onitsha to Anioma. God forbid that i'll wake up one morning and i will hear on radio that i'm not from Anambra any longer. I'm proud of my state. The light of the nation.
or maybe coming from nnewi to Onitsha,after Nkpor you see goodbye from Anambra state and Welcome to Anioma state,,NIGHTMARE
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by EzePromoe: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2012
caseless: What rawbish...! This man jst want apa state created for his pple(idoma) that's why he's bent on the issue of state creation . Let's compress some of the non-productive states and make them part of the productive ones. For God's sake what are states like ekiti, abia, yobe ,adamawa,jigawa, maiduguri,osun,kebbi etc doing? Create more states to give nothing rather than more boko haram, MEND, MASSOB And OPC...they will get more deadlier. I weep for my country!

Guy, haven't you heard of Aba before? angry
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Ndoz(m): 10:35am On Nov 08, 2012
I need garri
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by achi4u(m): 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
hahahaha that man is dreaming.

then onistha will be their state capitalgrin
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by omicron(m): 5:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
Anioma , commonly referred to as Delta Igbo or sometimes Enuani , comprising towns and communities located in Delta State , South-South region of Nigeria . Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan has been the Executive Governor of the State since 2007. The Anioma are Igbo people in Delta State. For administrative purposes, they are referredto as Delta North thus contrasting the Delta Central and Delta South densely inhabited by the Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri and Isoko, the other ethnic groups inhabiting the State. The Anioma region has a total population of 1,114,055. [ 1 ] The population figure quoted here does not include those of Anioma communities located outside Delta state. These include Ukwani , Enuani , Ika ( Agbor ), and Aboh .
A small Ika population can be found in neighboring Edo State specifically in Igbanke, Oza and Ekpon. The term Anioma means 'Good Land' in Igbo and is also an acronym derived from the four original local governments i.e. (A) for Aniocha, (N) for Ndokwa, (I) for Ika, (O) for Oshimili, M and A are common denominators found in the four original local governments. The coinage was made by the founding father, Chief Dennis Osadebay in 1951 and has since remained the preferred indigenous name by which the people collectively refer to themselves. Thus, A-N-I-O-M-A. Sentimentally, there are also Anioma people in Anambra State i.e. Onitsha , Ogbaru,Akwukwu Obosi, Ozobulu, Ogidi, Oraifite. Some are in Imo State i.e. Oguta, Rivers State i.e. Ndoni, Ogba. Anioma people who had one destiny prior to the coming of the Europeans were balkanized afterthey lost the Ekumeku War of resistance against the British imperialism in 1914 after 31 years of fighting.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anioma_people&sa=U&ei=6NabUJLtA-mc2QWWgYHgBA&ved=0CB0QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHAj-Njtp2_puJ2c0QaBfDBwQk98g

1 Like

Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by EzePromoe: 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
omicron: Anioma , commonly referred to as Delta Igbo or sometimes Enuani , comprising towns and communities located in Delta State , South-South region of Nigeria . Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan has been the Executive Governor of the State since 2007. The Anioma are Igbo people in Delta State. For administrative purposes, they are referredto as Delta North thus contrasting the Delta Central and Delta South densely inhabited by the Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri and Isoko, the other ethnic groups inhabiting the State. The Anioma region has a total population of 1,114,055. [ 1 ] The population figure quoted here does not include those of Anioma communities located outside Delta state. These include Ukwani , Enuani , Ika ( Agbor ), and Aboh .
A small Ika population can be found in neighboring Edo State specifically in Igbanke, Oza and Ekpon. The term Anioma means 'Good Land' in Igbo and is also an acronym derived from the four original local governments i.e. (A) for Aniocha, (N) for Ndokwa, (I) for Ika, (O) for Oshimili, M and A are common denominators found in the four original local governments. The coinage was made by the founding father, Chief Dennis Osadebay in 1951 and has since remained the preferred indigenous name by which the people collectively refer to themselves. Thus, A-N-I-O-M-A. Sentimentally, there are also Anioma people in Anambra State i.e. Onitsha , Ogbaru,Akwukwu Obosi, Ozobulu, Ogidi, Oraifite. Some are in Imo State i.e. Oguta, Rivers State i.e. Ndoni, Ogba. Anioma people who had one destiny prior to the coming of the Europeans were balkanized afterthey lost the Ekumeku War of resistance against the British imperialism in 1914 after 31 years of fighting.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anioma_people&sa=U&ei=6NabUJLtA-mc2QWWgYHgBA&ved=0CB0QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHAj-Njtp2_puJ2c0QaBfDBwQk98g
You're very stupid for writing that bolded crap angry
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by 9javoice1(m): 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2012
YES WE NEED THE ANIOMA STATE NOW THAN EVER.

the boundary of Anioma should start from Asaba and end in Igbanks(oza,ekpon) Edo state.
those are igbo speaking areas across the niger river.

The Ohaneze and all igbo populace are fighting together to achive that.
we online Ohaneze youth wing are also giving a thump up for that too.

we are advising the government to create and make Anioma the S.S 7th state or S.E 6th state.
yet we need one or two more state in igbo heart land. from Enugu and imo.
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by 9javoice1(m): 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2012
David mark is now the champion of state creation, the motive behind that is not hidden.
but he is saying the truth even though it's for selfish reasons.
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by 9javoice1(m): 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2012
Anambra state is total intact. nobody ofcourse will touch it.
Pls all igbo youths here stop fighting on where Anioma will begin and where it will end.
these issues are no issue at all.

the intention of the reporter is for the Anioma to have a commercial city to help it boost its IGR.

These are not David marks words We should make no mistake on that, those are the words of the reporter.

but the reporter should not fear about the viability of Anioma since igbo has beginning to migrate into Asaba and turning it to small london.
onitsha is congested now so people are shifting to Asaba and from their Isselukwu till every Anioma LGA is developed.

1 Like

Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 6:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
Please, if they want to create Anioma state they should do so without touching any part of Anambra state. I don't want to wake up tomorrow and here that Onitsha is no more the commercial capital of Igboland but capital of a newly formed Anioma ethnic group by Emeka Esogbue. The current Anioma is big enough to be a state and so it will be foolish for them to move the biggest and most important city out of Anambra. I just hope this is a joke.

1 Like

Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Abagworo(m): 6:54pm On Nov 08, 2012
Eze Promoe:
You're very stupid for writing that bolded crap angry

But its the fact. Oguta is related to Ndoni,Aboh and Ukwuani more than Orlu or Owerri both in dialect and culture. Some people claim remnants of Ezechima but our ancestors I believe came mostly from Aboh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia / Jonathan Put Nigeria’s Economy In Women’s Hands –patience / Only Possible Under Buhari/apc Government. PICTURE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.