Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra (3917 Views)

Ondo: INEC Declares Two More State Assembly Seats For PDP. / National Conference Gives Igbos New 8 More State, Hausa/fulani Get 2 / Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by AndreUweh(m): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
On Anambra communities tracing their roots to Anioma, the person who wrote that crap needs to be beheaded. The only people that trace their roots across the Niger is Onitsha. Yet not the entire Onitsha people trace their roots from Onitsha. Only the lineages that produce the Obis, while the lineages that produce the Ichies trace their roots from Nri.
What ever the case may be, the current Obi-Igwe Achebe believes that at first they were of Nri stock, crossed over the Niger and later came back when their was tumoil in the land.
A similar thing has been happening in Nigeria where Ndigbo have been fleeing hostile areas during conflicts.

1 Like

Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by OneNaira6: 10:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
There is nothing wrong with Onitsha joining Anioma state. Onitsha is part of Anioma. Historically and culturally wise they have more similarities to Anioma than the rest of Anambra. The decision on the other hand is on them and I know people of Onitsha, they would choose Anambra over Anioma. That is okay but people shouldn't be acting like there is nothing in common between the two communities.

1 Like

Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by OneNaira6: 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
Eze Promoe:
You don't understand the pride of being an Anambra man. I don't want my fellow Anambra men to start to see me as less Igbo tomorrow when Anioma people will begin their i-am-not-Igbo ranting.

Those people are minority just letting you know. If that is the reason you fear becoming part of Anioma then that shouldn't worry you.
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by OneNaira6: 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
cjrane:

My brother,
I am from the Anioma part of Delta and i can tell you the area deserves to be made a state. But those that specialize in politicizing everything concerning Igbos are at it again. They know the South east deserves a state in order to balance the country. They also know Anioma is the only qualified area based on land mass and population that can become a true viable state. But instead of simply creating Anioma as the people already know it and as they requested, they will create confusion by saying they will add parts of Anambra to it. Soon they will say parts of Kogi, parts of Ikwerre land should be added and also parts of Imo and Edo state too grin grin grin. So when they create enough confusion,then they suddenly say the "people" don't want Anioma state. It is just the same vicious men fighting tooth and nail to deny the South east a deserved state by deliberately creating confusion.

+10000 You said it all
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by EzePromoe: 5:23am On Nov 10, 2012
One_Naira:

Those people are minority just letting you know. If that is the reason you fear becoming part of Anioma then that shouldn't worry you.
Ask yourself this question, if the proposed Anioma state is still left in the South South, what will be the fate of the Onitsha people?
Re: David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra by Ozonna(m): 8:22am On Nov 10, 2012
Andre Uweh:
But the Asagba of Asaba-Prof Edozien is of a different opinion. He wants regionalism and that the entire south east and Igbo speaking areas of Delta and Rivers state to be merged into one region.

I'm with the Asagba on this matter. Have you guys noticed that the Senate no longer talk about true federalism

David Mark went to Yorubaland and promised Ijebu State and ike Ekwerenmadu wants to get rid of Nsukka zone by supporting the creation of Adada state so that he'll be eligible to contest for gubernatorial eletion come 2015 in Enugu state. The senate no longer talk about State police, resource control, regionalism, etc and all their discussions now are towards state creation (divide and Rule system). Our NASS members want the status quo to remain so that they'll continue to milk us dry.

I can't stop to imagine how great Nigeria will be if we start practicing true federalism that'll also lead to creation of MEGA STATES/REGIONS.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uduaghan Commissions Effurun Flyover Amidst Eulogies / Diezani Alison-madueke Is Dead ? / Only Possible Under Buhari/apc Government. PICTURE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.