Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte (209253 Views)

What You Need To Know About: Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g (LTE). / Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by geniuz3: 12:10am On Nov 09, 2012
DANILSA: WHY THE GUY FACE COME BEND FOR 4G? WELL I DONT THINK ANY NETWORK IN NIGERIA HAS UP TO 4G OR 5G NETWORK, EXCEPT FOR ETISALAT THAT HAS 3.5G ABI NA 3.75G NETWORK,MOST GADGETS ARE STILL YET TO UPGRADE, ONLY FEW HAS UPTO 4G LIKE THE IPAD

I Dey use 4G for my Nokia E5 With Airtel oh!
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by j4sure(m): 1:16am On Nov 09, 2012
Insightful and Informative post.need 2 bookmark dis.But having a mast does it guarante the fastest 4G. for cafe BizInsightful and Informative post.need 2 bookmark dis.But having a mast does it guarante the fastest 4G. for cafe BizInsightful and Informative post.need 2 bookmark dis.But having a mast does it guarante the fastest 4G. for cafe Biz
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by timilehing(m): 3:51am On Nov 09, 2012
DANILSA: WHY THE GUY FACE COME BEND FOR 4G? WELL I DONT THINK ANY NETWORK IN NIGERIA HAS UP TO 4G OR 5G NETWORK, EXCEPT FOR ETISALAT THAT HAS 3.5G ABI NA 3.75G NETWORK,MOST GADGETS ARE STILL YET TO UPGRADE, ONLY FEW HAS UPTO 4G LIKE THE IPAD
what is it wit u ppl and etisalat? Ve u browse on mtn fastlink HSDPA modem? No compare!!!
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by OmichaelO: 6:14am On Nov 09, 2012
MTN AND GLO HAS 4G,I HAVE SEEN IT ON BOLD 5 AND SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE.
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by OmichaelO: 6:24am On Nov 09, 2012
i have seen 3MB/s before on MTN,with tunneler though
P.S. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MB and Mb. 1000KB IS 1MB,WHILE 1000Kb is 125KB
KB MEANS- KILOBYTE
Kb means - kilobit
8bits = 1BYTE

N.B-IF AM WRONG CORRECT ME.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by albacete(m): 7:03am On Nov 09, 2012
O.michael.O:
MTN AND GLO HAS 4G,I HAVE SEEN IT ON BOLD 5 AND SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE.

The phones u mentioned are not 4G capable unless u mean Note2
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by 5much(m): 8:07am On Nov 09, 2012
i love this.what a great piece.
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by TonySpike: 8:18am On Nov 09, 2012
O.michael.O:
i have seen 3MB/s before on MTN,with tunneler though
P.S. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MB and Mb. 1000KB IS 1MB,WHILE 1000Kb is 125KB
KB MEANS- KILOBYTE
Kb means - kilobit
8bits = 1BYTE

N.B-IF AM WRONG CORRECT ME.

1 kb = 1000 bits
1 kB = 1024 bytes

Corrected, sir. kB generally deals with binary systems, kb deals with decimal systems. Data rates and throughput is referenced in kb parameter, while memory capacity and data storage is referenced in kB.

3 Likes

Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by folahann(m): 8:40am On Nov 09, 2012
On the equation, WCDMA is just before HSDPA
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by OlaOgecha: 9:14am On Nov 09, 2012
This is very informative. @Poster, consider blogging... that is if you are not already into that.
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by OmichaelO: 9:24am On Nov 09, 2012
albacete:

The phones u mentioned are not 4G capable unless u mean Note2
bold 5 is capable..ask them blackberry fanatics..about the galaxy note maybe I wasn't sure of what I saw..but I was pretty sure of the bold 5
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by OmichaelO: 9:37am On Nov 09, 2012
Tony Spike:

1 kb = 1000 bits
1 kB = 1024 bits

Corrected, sir. kB generally deals with binary systems, kb deals with decimal systems. Data rates and throughput is referenced in kb parameter, while memory capacity and data storage is referenced in kB.
Thanks for the enlightenment.. wink wink
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by dljbd1(m): 10:11am On Nov 09, 2012
Dosinspector: Hw does this affect d cup of gari?¿

This is a s2pid one! They are never hard 2know
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by albacete(m): 10:40am On Nov 09, 2012
O.michael.O:
bold 5 is capable..ask them blackberry fanatics..about the galaxy note maybe I wasn't sure of what I saw..but I was pretty sure of the bold 5
Would u do me a favor and visit gsmarena for the specifications? Thnks.
Even iphone users will tell u that they can print money from their phones, but we know better
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by omowolewa: 11:08am On Nov 09, 2012
This is good
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by xcitedjay(m): 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
Tony Spike:

1 kb = 1000 bits
1 kB = 1024 bits

You're very correct Sir.
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
mr.drizzy:
omg hahahah wahala dey oh.pls can i ask u a question,what fone are u using?(no heart feelings).there aint no smartfone dat doesnt use atleast 3g,abi u nvr see 3g for bb b4.nawao
I use bb, and i use glo monthly bis. The only thing is just EDGE. Am yet to see 3G on it
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
rman:

Yes, most recently realeased BB'S supports 3G.

Also, there is no LTE network in Nigeria yet. All networks and ISP claiming LTE are liars because no one has been issued a licence for LTE yet in Nigeria.

What we currently have is Wimax which is not supported on phones yet. But Wimax can deliver speeds close to that of LTE
Thanks bro. As I've learnt on this thread 3G works in some areas not every where as i thought earlier. grin i use glo bis and here are some locations 3G is supposed to work
3G Coverage:
In order to ensure your best quality of service for all our subscribers 3G plus is available in some areas of
1. LAGOS
2. IBADAN
3. BENIN
4. PORT HARCOURT
5. ABUJA
6. IFE
7. OSOGBO
8. ENUGU
9. NNSUKA
10. WARRI
11. ABAKALIKI
12. YENAGOA
13. KADUNA
14. ZARIA
15. KANO
16. AKURE
17. Lokoja
18. Minna
Glo will continue to expand coverage to other parts of the country. However, you may continue to use the Internet services on the extensive GPRS netowrk which covers the entire nation. http://www.gloworld.com/services.asp

I don't stay in any of the above areas so no 3G for me

*sobs*
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by mrdrizzy(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
Paxchal:
I use bb, and i use glo monthly bis. The only thing is just EDGE. Am yet to see 3G on it
thats nt ur fone fault itsur service,u should knw that glo is the worst service in nigeria today forget all those 4g crap dey claim,no network in nigeria even has a stable 3.5g ,talkless of hspda
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2012
Ma bro dat was an insightful post, just got a BB, and have been wonderin wot on Godz earth da "EDGE" stand for. Coz it slows da pace of ma browsin.
More of such ma bro.
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by LordAdam: 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
With the present Infrastructural and Security Challenges, i doubt we would see a true 4G network till around 2016, despite the competition.

Hopefully, this BH menace would soon end with dialogue around the corner or perceived weakening. And with the Power situation improving, we might begin to have good news soonest. But for the next few years we would probably be paying good money for crap services. We still do not have fixed broadband in Nigeria, our data rates are scandalous, not as many fibre optic cables or satellites as we need. When the Glo-1 went down and still is, all the networks went out, it is shameful and instead of the FG to absolve the shame of not making valuable input to boost the infrastructure, they went ahead to bill the telecoms for poor service like they were hoarding good service or like it was their fault.

1 thing at a time, i am not waiting for magic, i just think Nigeria can not be held back for long. And for the record, i am not in the telecoms industry neither am i related to anyone in the telecoms industry either. I am just another patriotic Nigerian who is willing to see this nation grow as one entity; and ready to stay through the setbacks. We all have roles to play.

3 Likes

Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by wizard01(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
I love this thread!! God Bless u, Poster.
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by nzubeokafor: 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
pekelepekele: Glo 4G will be out towards January ending
no be only 4G make dem spread dia 3G first
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by nzubeokafor: 5:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
Paxchal:

if na glo 3G forget glo is yet to cover 50 percent of lagos
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by OmichaelO: 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
albacete:
Even iphone users will tell u that they
lol.ikr.i wil send u a screenshot as proof.jst stick wit d thread.i wil post it
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by albacete(m): 5:52am On Nov 10, 2012
O.michael.O:
lol.ikr.i wil send u a screenshot as proof.jst stick wit d thread.i wil post it

Sure bro. i ain't moving nowhere cool
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 10, 2012
mr.drizzy:
thats nt ur fone fault itsur service,u should knw that glo is the worst service in nigeria today forget all those 4g crap dey claim,no network in nigeria even has a stable 3.5g ,talkless of hspda
˚☺k°, glad to know it's not my fone's fault, but the service is quite stable here and of course much cheaper than others. Different strokes for different people i guess.
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by mrdrizzy(m): 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
geniuz3:

I Dey use 4G for my Nokia E5 With Airtel oh!
kai keep quiet joor,there is no single nokia fone apart frm lumia 920 dat uses 4g network,and besides no service in nigeria has hspda talkless of 4g,park well joor
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by mrdrizzy(m): 12:53pm On Nov 10, 2012
albacete:
Even iphone users will tell u that they can print money from their phones, but we know better
hahaha tell him oh.all this bb users forming rubbish,bb is nt even in top 7 smartfones,u come dey call 4g,no no be 4g na 5g mtscheew
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by mrdrizzy(m): 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2012
Paxchal:
˚☺k°, glad to know it's not my fone's fault, but the service is quite stable here and of course much cheaper than others. Different strokes for different people i guess.
u use a blackberry ryt?.ever tried using etisalat,their data sus is unlimited,asin u can download up to 50gb as long as its within the days/wk/mnths u purchase,glo is jst 3gb
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by mrdrizzy(m): 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
And pls oh.y do ppl say airtel have fast 3.75g i cnt even get a stable 3g here always misbehaving.partially d worst service i have ever used...and for d record i stay in abj

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) / Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Calculate Your Nokia Phone's Security Master Code Easily Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.