Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Robbers Invade Canaanland - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Invade Canaanland (18262 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

The innocent victims: 89% (76 votes)
The robbers: 10% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD / Robbers Invade Churches In Imo / Robbers Invade Flood Victims’ Camp In Onitsha, Cart Away With Food Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 2:55am On Feb 09, 2008
Rlst84sale:

Perhaps you need to further research those words properly,

there is no research i need to do. Go read how Christ describes the church in ur bible. I'm tired of people simply trying to read their own oppinions into the bible.

Rlst84sale:

besides the Apostles messages have long been misinterpreted. Just as important as the spiritual aspect of the church is so are the parts oultined in the earlier post.

What do u know about the apostles message in the first place? How many of the apostles were entertaining King Herod in the front rows of their fellowship meetings?
How many of them were wining and dining with King Agrippa while leaving the important assignment of preaching the gospel?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by oisrael(m): 11:36am On Feb 09, 2008
I think God being mercifull is taken for granted! Will they rob juju shrines? Some of those places also have a lot of cash o! Kai angry
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by ComicDave(m): 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2008
I'm just disappointed in d way some people are happy of this ugly incident.this is directed to them, especially d owner of the id 4HIM, he should keep his mouth shut rather than say evil upon himself, if he is too uncivilised to know that there is nothing wrong 4 a bank to be in church, YOU SHOULD NOT ENVY OYEDEPO, U SADISTS,
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Truequest(m): 2:20pm On Feb 09, 2008
I'm just disappointed in d way some  people are happy of this ugly incident.this is directed to them, especially d owner of the id 4HIM, he should keep his mouth shut rather than say evil upon himself, if he is too uncivilised to know that there is nothing wrong 4 a bank to be in church,  YOU SHOULD NOT ENVY OYEDEPO, You SADISTS,

No 1 defender of 'the Church' sorry OYEDEPO just take it easy and don't be dissappointed it is a forum, right?
Your voice is your right!
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by sorich(f): 4:49pm On Feb 09, 2008
I have tried using read only on this thread but time without number I kept seeing things that calls for a response.
Like the quote above; sure Jesus spat on sand and rubbed it on a blind man. Now let me ask how many times did
He use the same method? Check all other characters in the Bible which of them are always using one means. Elijah, Elisha, Moses, Peter, Paul just name them, you can not find such distortion. Bible is an open book, the earlier we begin to read it for ourselves the better.

@TRUEQUEST
Hi, firstly what i was saying was that anointing oil is not a doctrine but a medium. Also u asked a question and ur question was that i should check all other men of God to see if they were using the same means. If you read from Exodus chapter 7 or better still start from Exodus 4 to Leviticus, you will see that God told Moses to use his rod as a sign of his greatness, he didnt use it once or twice, he used the rod continuously as was instructed by God. So does that make the rod a doctrine, NO, because it was just a medium and not a doctrine. If you were in the time of Moses would you complain that he was using a stick to perform miracles because at other times he just spoke the word that God told him to speak and it came to pass, so why use a stick?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by malele(m): 12:36am On Feb 10, 2008
pals i have gone through what 4him wrote i think he is saying the truth,though the killing of the police men and the civilians was bad
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Esss(m): 1:03am On Feb 10, 2008
I have said it myself times without numbers, the churches of today have all departed from the original mission that christ gave them.

Todays churches are all conglomerates. Industries in their own rights. I mean they even have enough money to apply for presidential elections, and even fund the campaign.

Count how many crusades are held yearly in this country, Count how many Big men of god we have in this country, Count how many cars these men of gods are riding in, Check out the sizes of their individual empires and tell me that these people are truly born again or obeying the commandments of God.

The bible said in the last days, Many shall arise, they shall even do miracles in my name.

I still stand by my first post, He who is not a thief, let him cast the first curse.

Instead of us mourning the death of innocent civillians who died, we are here talking about the morality of what those robbers did.

All these pastors who are hammering from their congregation every sunday have not been cursed yet it is these hungry robbers who just nicked a little bit from their billions that we want to crusify.

Abeg, make una free this matter jare!!

In a case like this, who is the plaintiff and who is the defendant.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by toshmann(m): 8:04pm On Feb 10, 2008
church plc Inc cool
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by N4s1(m): 10:33pm On Feb 10, 2008
Too bad, those thieves are already cursed!
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 3:25am On Feb 11, 2008
N4$:

Too bad, those thieves are already cursed!

by who? Who gave u power over life and death?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by janami(f): 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2008
4Him:

by who? Who gave u power over life and death?
The tongue has power over life and death. prov 18:21.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by palmwine(m): 3:48pm On Feb 12, 2008
@Joshjosh

I agree, all crime must be fought to a stand still. Lets call a spade a spade
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 5:50pm On Feb 12, 2008
janami:

The tongue has power over life and death. prov 18:21.

Do you understand the context that statement was made? It is made in the same context as the power of the tongue is discussed in James 3.

Simply put . . . that verse is saying that you beware of the way you use your tongue . . . with the same tongue that you can bless someone you can also use it to destroy a soul.

No where is it implying that you have the right or power to use your tongue to curse others. The bible is explicit . . . Luke 6: 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2008
@AGAINST HIM

Too bad, those thieves are already cursed! by who? Who gave u power over life and death?

they didn't know you have already blessed the theives and forgiven them. it is a shame you are still here justifying the unjustifiable with your twisted sanctimonious self.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by janami(f): 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ 4him
Justifying the robbers wont get u anywhere. Arguing is pointless. Just admit it, u r wrong. God cannot be mocked and no one can pour disdain on His house ,like those robbers did and get away with it.What honor is there for a thief and a murderer? Please stop encouraging murder and theft, i ve read enough blood curdling stories lately about robberies and victims of robberies. It is not right.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Gamine(f): 9:02pm On Feb 13, 2008
@People

dont mind this 4Him fella

He has been compromised
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by deor03(m): 9:17pm On Feb 13, 2008
[size=14pt]Back to the topic. I heard some of the robbers (suspects) have been arrested[/size]

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/feb/13/national-13-02-2008-006.htm
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2008
janami:

@ 4him
Justifying the robbers wont get u anywhere. Arguing is pointless. Just admit it, you're wrong. God cannot be mocked and no one can pour disdain on His house ,like those robbers did and get away with it.What honor is there for a thief and a murderer? Please stop encouraging murder and theft, i ve read enough blood curdling stories lately about robberies and victims of robberies. It is not right.

either you cant read or u have a problem with comprehension. Pls show me where i justified the robbers . . .
Admit to what? That you twist the scriptures to say what it didnt say? That we as men HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to curse anyone? Matt 5: 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

where did i encourage murder and theft? Where did i congratulate the robbers for invading the banks in canaanland?

Enough of the questions . . . i leave you to ur conscience.

Ye hypocrites . . . why are you crying about THESE robbers? Is it because the bank that was raided was within the premises of ur temple? A bank was raided somewhere in the east and 11 people were left killed . . . i am yet to see tears of sorrow from ur eyes . . . i am yet to hear your "papa" curse these thieves.

Ye hypocrites . . . God cannot be mocked . . . the only way the thieves poured disdain on "His house" is if the bank is now His house.

Ye hypocrites . . . after the crucifiction, the temple veil was torn and the Spirit departed from the temple built with hands to that built without hands. Now WE, not ur multi-billion naira empty shell of bricks are the "House of God".

Ye hypocrites . . . while u cry over the building built WITH hands, the temples of the Lord are hungry, destitute and spiritually poor.

Ye hypocrites . . . the thief on the left hand side of Jesus made it to heaven with a simple request . . . what if Christ had rebuffed him for not having any honor?

Ye hypocrites . . . apostle Paul was a murderer complicit in the death of Stephen . . . YET he became the chief apostle to the gentiles. What if Christ had said he had no honor?

Ye hypocrites . . . who made you a judge over a robber?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by janami(f): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2008
@4 Him
i wldnt bother to read ur rubbish. the first line has said enuff abt ur sanity. why argue with u any further? u can as well go to the police station shere the suspects are and begin to scream: Ye hypocrites! release the suspects for u ursleves tk bribe. Rubbish. Learn to communicate ur arguements better. I want to beleive u have a little understanding of the proper way to use the english language in arguements such as this.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2008
janami:

@4 Him
i wldnt bother to read your rubbish. the first line has said enough about your sanity. why argue with u any further? u can as well go to the police station shere the suspects are and begin to scream: Ye hypocrites! release the suspects for u ursleves tk bribe. Rubbish. Learn to communicate your arguements better. I want to beleive u have a little understanding of the proper way to use the english language in arguements such as this.

Ye hypocrites . . . well did the bible speak of you . . . 2 Timothy 3: 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Ye hypocrite: there was no argument so there's nothing to communicate. If you could use the english language at all you shld have been able to show me where i justified armed robbery and murder like you maliciously accused me of.

enjoy.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by janami(f): 9:59pm On Feb 13, 2008
all ur posts scream it. look, if u understand the english language then u know how to read btw the lines of the rubbish u have been posting all along. Ye Hypocrites! Ye Hypocrits. keep shouting it dear. it just might be what will bring back ur sanity kiss
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2008
janami:

all your posts scream it. look, if u understand the english language then u know how to read between the lines of the rubbish u have been posting all along. Ye Hypocrites! Ye Hypocrits. keep shouting it dear. it just might be what will bring back your sanity kiss

Ye hypocrites . . . when you have been caught in a lie the next best thing is simply to lie to cover ur tracks.
Well did the bible speak of you saying - Proverbs 11: 9 An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by janami(f): 8:21am On Feb 14, 2008
4Him:

Ye hypocrites . . . when you have been caught in a lie the next best thing is simply to lie to cover your tracks.
Well did the bible speak of you saying - Proverbs 11: 9 An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.
wot exactly r u saying? tongue wot lie? why is everyone against u if u dnt support the robbers. you're only too lucky that i cannot bring out some things from your previous posts. go and read your posts again and see wot they are INSINUATING. If it is not called supporting robbery indirectly, then i wonder what it is called. tongue
4Him:

really? who is just? u or the robbers?
and who is an hypocrite?
me? lol. u ve got a twisted mind
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 3:08pm On Feb 14, 2008
janami:

wot exactly r u saying? tongue wot lie? why is everyone against u if u dnt support the robbers. you're only too lucky that i cannot bring out some things from your previous posts. go and read your posts again and see wot they are INSINUATING. If it is not called supporting robbery indirectly, then i wonder what it is called. tongue

lucky? Do you have an issue with comprehension seriously? Who really are you to assume i'm lucky u cant bring out some things from my previous posts?
I have challenged u hypocrites to show me where i explicitly or implicitly supported the robbers and all you can come up with is tripe like this? You need help.

Why is everyone against me? Do you honestly think i give a flying pigs tail?
They including u are not "against me" because you have any iota of reason . . . but because of ur blind, deluded and unhealthy support for unbiblical twaddle.
My posts insinuate nothing about robbery or murder, if only u could engage ur thinking faculty u shld be able to SEE/UNDERSTAND what i'm saying.

I'm glad quite a few sensible pple can see it.

janami:

really? who is just? u or the robbers?
and who is an hypocrite?
me? lol. u ve got a twisted mind

i've got a twisted mind for speaking my mind? lol the classical hallmark of hypocrites who cry God, God every sunday but deep down are unregenerated souls.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by vowiski(m): 7:09pm On Feb 14, 2008
lol
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Gamine(f): 11:09pm On Feb 14, 2008
is ok o

is ok o!

Marra don end o
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Ajisafe: 5:06am On Feb 15, 2008
4Him:

lucky? Do you have an issue with comprehension seriously? Who really are you to assume i'm lucky u can't bring out some things from my previous posts?
I have challenged u hypocrites to show me where i explicitly or implicitly supported the robbers and all you can come up with is tripe like this? You need help.

Why is everyone against me? Do you honestly think i give a flying pigs tail?
They including u are not "against me" because you have any iota of reason . . . but because of your blind, deluded and unhealthy support for unbiblical twaddle.
My posts insinuate nothing about robbery or murder, if only u could engage your thinking faculty u shld be able to SEE/UNDERSTAND what i'm saying.

I'm glad quite a few sensible people can see it.

i've got a twisted mind for speaking my mind? lol the classical hallmark of hypocrites who cry God, God every sunday but deep down are unregenerated souls.

I am not against you at all. I think your argument is rational.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Ajisafe: 5:15am On Feb 15, 2008
« #233 on: February 10, 2008, 01:03 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have said it myself times without numbers, the churches of today have all departed from the original mission that christ gave them.

Todays churches are all conglomerates. Industries in their own rights. I mean they even have enough money to apply for presidential elections, and even fund the campaign.

Count how many crusades are held yearly in this country, Count how many Big men of god we have in this country, Count how many cars these men of gods are riding in, Check out the sizes of their individual empires and tell me that these people are truly born again or obeying the commandments of God.
The bible said in the last days, Many shall arise, they shall even do miracles in my name.

I still stand by my first post, He who is not a thief, let him cast the first curse.

Instead of us mourning the death of innocent civillians who died, we are here talking about the morality of what those robbers did.

Why hasn't anyone answered this guy's questions?

@ bolded,

Good points! Let them answer these honestly.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by janami(f): 7:45am On Feb 15, 2008
@4HIM
u have a twisted mind for thinking the way that u do. lol. Too shallow.
when u heard abt the robbery attack, ur very first reaction is: puhleeze, when did churches turn to business enterprises? that statement reeks of spite. And what does that statement imply? serves them right abi? hmmph,  now i know that statement  comes from a very ignorant person. The church is built on CANAANLAN. CANAANLAND is like an island . It houses a church, a missionary secondary school, a missionary university, hospital, banks etc. Which tertiary institution have u visited without a bank in it? definitely u probably did not go to school. Now let us see what a missionary ground should be? isnt it the sanctuary of God which u so despisefully tag a "Business enterprise". It might interest u to know that the Oyedepo doesnt use the church money to build his empire. Favoured men of God like him are easily blessed with financiers and stakeholders. Na the thing wey dey pain u be that? i cld go on wit all your ignorant comments about the church but man mi, think what u want. na u sabi. i get beta thing to do wit my time. You OBVIOUSLY HAVE A FOUL MOUTH WHICH OBVIOUSLY ADLES UR BRAIN WHICH IS WHY I AM LESS CONCERNED ABT UR COMMENT AS AT NOW. keep on keeping on man. My advise, research first before u begin to throw spiteful comments at churches. While u claim u dnt support robbery, u r indirectly encouraging it. i have rested my case and i am not comin back here again. u can keep throwing your Ye hypocrites at people who want to read it.

@ Gamine
how u dey sis?

@Ajisafe
He has cast the curse already. o de ti mu won cheesy
I STAND CONFIDENTLY TO SAY " I AM NOT A THEIF AND WILL NEVER BE. NEITHER AM I A MURDERER. if not for those thieves, we wnt be mourning the innocent civilians in the first place.
i don comot for here tongue
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 5:26pm On Feb 15, 2008
Frankly you have no points at all so i will safely ignore them to point out your glaring hypocrisy and the fact that even though you cry that you are a christian, you really are not. You do not understand God's principles, you are not saved, you are an idol worshipper who places the words of your man of Gawd above those of Jesus Christ.

janami:

@Ajisafe
He has cast the curse already. o de ti mu won cheesy

I see this constantly especially from the fanatical members of the WOFM and it pains my soul to realise that we still have people like this who cant even open their bibles and ask . . . what would Christ have done?

When Christ was being crucified on the cross what did He say to His tormentors? - Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

When Stephen was being stoned to death what did he say to his killers? - Acts 7: 60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

What about Paul and Silas who prayed for their jailor and his family? If Stephen had cursed his killers Apostle Paul would never have existed and we would never be beneficiaries of the books of Romans, Corinthians, galatians . . .

What happened to Godly principles of love, mercy and grace? What of the thief on the cross? Did Christ condemn him to hell? Luke 23: 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

While we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly . . . without Christ's death on the cross the wages of sin (robbery, murder or unbelief) is death!

why are "christians" so full of hate and unbelief? Why are the same people who were redeemed by His blood, unworthy or His grace now cursing others?

janami:

I STAND CONFIDENTLY TO SAY " I AM NOT A THEIF AND WILL NEVER BE. NEITHER AM I A MURDERER. if not for those thieves, we wnt be mourning the innocent civilians in the first place.

What self-righteousness, what hypocrisy, what a disgusting display of deciet. Remember who said something like this in the bible?
Luke 18: 10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.[/b]13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

What was Christ's response? - 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: [b]for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

I live you to ur conscience.

Very sad . . . a lot of people think they are saved because they attend church every sunday but each time u listen to the utterances of their lips you see evidence of unregenerated souls.

I'm not surprised that you people just rush in to insult me and run away . . . they cant open their bibles, they worship their leaders . . . sad, sad, sad!
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by otele(m): 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2008
4Him:

. . what would Christ have done?

sorry Mr 4him
today's religious leaders are a far cry from christ. i'm sure many of them would pray out seriously for the eventual punishment to catch up with the robbers. and their final punishment in hell grin grin grin

anyway, nigeria today has so many celebrity churches. even the dressing of some of the girls to church ignores one vital scripture. . . "abstain from all appearance of evil" i do hope we dont have to debate that a dress code that incites lasciviousness is evil. but amazingly there is no vehement preaching against this thing, the way preaching is done about tithes, wealth and prosperity grin

a lot needs to be done. and some pastors even own guns grin grin grin grin
for what grin grin grin grin
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Gamine(f): 10:10pm On Feb 15, 2008
@Janami

Im very fine, thank you!

@All

PLease n please
We are all aware of the devices of the enemy
lets end this destructive banter!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

NLC: We'll Hold Buhari To His Promise Not To Remove Fuel Subsidy / NLC Members Protest In Ogun state (Photos) / Soludo Flags Off New Road Constructions In Awka, Abagana And Obosi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.