Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos (12708 Views)

Policeman Shoots Man In Badagry; Youths Protest (photos) / Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At Mile 2 (video) / Photos: Crisis In Onitsha After Policeman Shoots Driver Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Dreyl(m): 9:03am On Nov 08, 2012
this is very terrible.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Walexz02(m): 9:04am On Nov 08, 2012
[url]nairaland.com[/url]
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by pheesayor(m): 9:04am On Nov 08, 2012
he doesn't control the police, GEJ does. What has the IG done since all these started?
slap1: What is Fashola doing about this? He should also prioritize the lives of Lagosians, and not just raise hell about traffic rules and taxes.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by pheesayor(m): 9:07am On Nov 08, 2012
while I partially agree, we should priotise human life, and get murderous policemen prosecuted, avoiding them makes them wanna always play God.
Okija_juju:

I know I am gonna be attacked for this post..

But why do Nigerians put themselves in situations that gives the Police the opportunity to burst a cap in their a`ss?!

I know that the Police are crazy demented Niggas.. So I wont break the Law so I dont give them any reason to shoot me.. The Okada man that got shot, he was breaking the law. I'm not saying that its okay for the Police to shoot people at random o!! But if you take a lighted candle into a room full of gunpowder, I cant blame the gun powder for the explosion..

Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Olaolufred(m): 9:08am On Nov 08, 2012
slap1: What is Fashola doing about this? He should also prioritize the lives of Lagosians, and not just raise hell about traffic rules and taxes.

[b]I think Nigeria should warn her police to stop these extra judicial killings.

As for the Conductor, they sometimes are mad in the way they address people.

The real scenario surrounding the mis-behavior of the policeman in mufty is like this:

The Danfo driver left the road, goes to the verge or off-road to start bullying all pedestrians who were not on the road in the first place.

The policeman was in mufti, so The Danfo driver threated him with disdain, threatening to hit him off the place. This police like civilian will be so surprised that he was not on the road, yet the danfo driver still came to where he was cursing him and abusing his family on issue that is not supposed to be If he had maintain the regular line on the main road.
The conductors are so stupid while they utter their so rude comments to threaten pedestrians of his readiness for death even when they(Danfo Drvivers/conductors) are absolutely wrong.
This victim was wrong and so unlucky because the Policemen in mufti was not just a civilian they use to harass.

The real story said, they stepped on him(police-in-mufti). It means they wanted him to leave for them to pass,
probably he insisted he was not on the road. so he maintained his standing position in the bus stop or road side. For that action only, Imagine what the Danfo Drivers and his able conductors would have done.
Conductors can even be bold enough to push him off or tell his driver to push him off their way.

While I do not support police's brutality, Most Danfo Drivers and their conductors are heartless with the way they treat pedestrians.
I am not heartless, but trying to be fair and not just allow emotions to becloud me.[/b]
http://www.punchng.com/metro/policeman-kills-bus-conductor-for-stepping-on-him/

1 Like

Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by kollybay4u: 9:12am On Nov 08, 2012
Why it is that NPF everyday? May God deliver you...
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Whobedatte(m): 9:13am On Nov 08, 2012
The laws Okada should not ply major roads, and the same policemen that are supposed to enforce the law are plying the roads with the okadaa taken from these boyz, What type of nation is this?
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by nikkyshyne(f): 9:14am On Nov 08, 2012
Olaolufred:

[color=#990000]
The Danfo driver left the road, goes to the verge or off-road to start bullying all pedestrians who were not on the road in the first place.
undecided
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Olaolufred(m): 9:16am On Nov 08, 2012

Thanks for your observations.
I think in fairness, the Man who commands police should be responsible here.
They are Nigerian police, Not Lagos police.
This case is not of police chasing Okada,
It is a case of provocation which the police in mufti couldn't withstand or control.
I think Fashola or Lagos govt. will start answering querries made only on State police if he has one.
but for now, the querry goes to Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by IleIfe2(m): 9:19am On Nov 08, 2012
Right to bear arms. police officer shoot me............. my friend shoots him
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by eduson55(m): 9:19am On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by agitator: 9:21am On Nov 08, 2012

collateral damage grin grin grin
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by thelastPope(m): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

But why do Nigerians put themselves in situations that gives the Police the opportunity to burst a cap in their a`ss?!

I know that the Police are crazy demented Niggas.. So I wont break the Law so I dont give them any reason to shoot me.. The Okada man that got shot, he was breaking the law. I'm not saying that its okay for the Police to shoot people at random o!! But if you take a lighted candle into a room full of gunpowder, I cant blame the gun powder for the explosion..

You are a very very very very very very stup1d eediot to the 25th power. If you have no value for human life, you should at least mask it. You have no moral right to ever make any crtiticism on this forum again with this your mindset. Some of you just display your uncivilized behaviour just because you use a pseudo name on a public forum. Your likes are making this forum a big joke and reducing its power, effect and influence in helping to build a new Nigeria. Shameful!!!

3 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by CuntDestroyer: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju: Not being the first to comment makes me so mad I wanna....... angry

am rick james b1tch! lol
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by IleIfe2(m): 9:26am On Nov 08, 2012

yeah, impeach him. he is the CP and IG. cheesy cheesy
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by naijathings(m): 9:28am On Nov 08, 2012
abbeycial: dats gross,dat force man shld be prosecuted without delay...rip to d conductor
na today? check history of other shooters... na mouth dem dey use flog and arrest dem thats why they feel free and
confident to do it again. furk the police.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by wazobia55: 9:35am On Nov 08, 2012
Holyshit, police 4 masses 0 are we counting scores here?, ok rogers give me my riffle am gona pull down the moda fucker. Rip condor
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by naijathings(m): 9:36am On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

[size=16pt]i know you have a father or mother or brother or babe or someone very close to you like family. I pray they get shot or beaten or arrested without reason or their car get impounded by the police or mopol or Army or even little LASTMA so you can stand over their dead body or look them in the face and say all this talk to them so that the rest of those close to you can be corrected just the way you hoped to correct us by your nice post regarding the unjust death of this bus conductor or the "okada" rider. AMEN.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by thelastPope(m): 9:38am On Nov 08, 2012
Olaolufred:

Thanks for your observations.
I think in fairness, the Man who commands police should be responsible here.
They are Nigerian police, Not Lagos police.
This case is not of police chasing Okada,
It is a case of provocation which the police in mufti couldn't withstand or control.
I think Fashola or Lagos govt. will start answering querries made only on State police if he has one.
but for now, the querry goes to Jonathan.

What kind of flawed partisan logic is this? Is this how you people reason? Are the dead people not citizens of Lagos? If the person shot was a son of a politician, will Fashola say it doesn't concern him and they should go ask GEJ? What kind of logic are you people preaching in this country for pumpkin's sake! So a governor cannot come put and handle brutal murders in his state because he doesn't have state police? Do you know that every state in Nigeria has a security committee headed by the governor which has the commissioner of police, SSS and other agencies as members and that they meet like every week to review the security situation of states all over the country and the governor gives them assignments to act on? Why are you people like this? This is why Nigeria is where it is? You are defending your leaders even when they aint doing their job? You are defending the rot and evil in the system. It is a very big shame.

How can policemen just go around shooting people and the councillor of the ward, local government chariman up to the state governor not react? Is this not madness? SMH!!!

1 Like

Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by mejai(m): 9:40am On Nov 08, 2012
D best solution is boko haram style. Let's start throwing bombs at any police stations around. Say no to police. If possible, withdraw d guns and giv dem sticks.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by eduson55(m): 9:48am On Nov 08, 2012
please please please,
pardon this guy and change those words pleas just for the sake of fellow NL's.
everyone ignored his stupid post.i know its worth say this but,just change it bro/sis.
thanx
naijathings:
[size=16pt]"okada" rider. AMEN.[/size]
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Lordave: 9:49am On Nov 08, 2012
I have always known that NPF and its uniform symbolises negativity and badness of Nigeria. Sorry if your dad is a constable.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by skerries: 9:49am On Nov 08, 2012
The fault to all these nonsense is we the citizens who are contented with suffering as fela rightly puts its suffering and smiling infact Nigeria is divided between the have and have not, for instance when the Aluu incident happened it was all over the national broad sheet because one of the students father is from higher league of the society, but when it happened to the poor and pauper we the citizens sweep it under the carpet . incident like this will continue to happen until we the average nigerians come together to fight for their right and take control of their destine ,but we may not achieve our aims if we do not put away the nimble mind of tribalism which is tool the elites uses to manipulate us.we have a war on our hand whether you like it or not, we face hardships in Nigeria that had never be felt any where in the world, while our elites lives in comfort and travel to abroad for medical treatment at expenses of a pauper . while a common man would shot dead for trivial mistakes. we have to fight this elite, only when we the average common man accept that we were being marginalized and manipulated against our wishes only then we start this fight. let me again quato our president he had said that the problems of Nigeria are the elites who make lives a living hell for the poor. so it is up to you to decide which path you want to be, your destine is on your hand. so use your weapons wisely and be ready to fight as you never fought before.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by erniok(m): 9:50am On Nov 08, 2012
pheesayor: he doesn't control the police, GEJ does. What has the IG done since all these started?
That's where you are wrong. Fashola is the chief security officer of lagos state and by law, responsible for the safety of all lagosians. If he feels that the commissioner of police is not doing enough to curb these activities of trigger happy cops, he can complain to the IG
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 9:51am On Nov 08, 2012
DaWhiz:

Sorry bro, u'r not making sense with this. A driving offence is a violation not a criminal offence. A crime is defined as a misdemeanor or felony. If you were arrested for vehicular manslaughter. etc a moving violation summons will not equal a crime. So these killings are totally unjustifiable, if anything at all the trigger-happy cops are the criminals. Who the fvck gives the cop the right to shoot around for traffic offences. It's a blatant disregard for law by them. It's so sad these things keep occurring. What kinda govt prioritizes traffic laws over the lives of people?! This is total crap really. angry angry angry

[b]Let me put it like this..

Under the rules governing the Police, lethal force can only be used on an armed suspect. Infact, on an armed suspect that poses a threat either to himself, the officers or the public..

But this is Nigeria.. I saw a policeman shoot his rifle barely 2 inches above my mothers head.. Reason being that our car that was being rope-towed to the house by our other car, was doing so without a towing permit.. YUP!! This was why a Policeman opened fire a few INCHES above my mothers head..

Fast forward to this issue.. Nigerians love to test the rules.. Lagos State bans Okadas on certain roads. Its clearly annouced on T.V and Radio. Yet some Okada men who thought they could get away with breaking the Law still tried.

Now I dont know the circumstances surrounding this conductors shoting, but something tells me it involves traffic law violation.. In lagos were everyone knows about LASTMA and the Police, yet people still do break traffic laws.. I dont quite get this..

Now, in Nigeria where 9 out of 10 Police officers are not physically fit, are armed with an AK-47 and are corrupt, you break the law and then try to eveade arrest and deny them their bribe?! Omo, they wont chase you, they will shoot you.

The Police are horrible, no doubt.. But Nigerians should stop placing themselves in positions that give the Police room to shoot you. Back when checkpoints were still in place, a family friends 24yr old son got shot the f`uck up becuase he ran a checkpoint trying to avoid being stopped.. He had his license, the car wasnt stolen, he didnt have any weapons or drugs, he wasnt intoxicated, his car was fully insured, infact, I couldnt see any reason why he would do something that stupid, but he did, and the natural reaction for the Nigerian Police was to go weapons-free on his vehicle.. He barely survived it. Later, I discovered that it was his Modus Operandi. He just thought that if you dont stop, they will just ignore you.. WRONG!!

Okadas & Bus Driver & the general public should stop breaking the Law, if LASTMA no catch you, the Police might shoot you whilst trying to arrest you and extort money from you.. STOP GIVING A MAD MAN WITH A GUN ANY REASON TO SHOOT YOU!! #PERIOD!![/b]

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by emmabest2000(m): 9:57am On Nov 08, 2012
I think the only problem Nigeria has is that our policemen are hungry and it is very easy for a hungry man to became angry even when there is no much offence ! anyway may the soul of the poor guy rest in peace Amen !
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 9:58am On Nov 08, 2012
naijathings:
[size=16pt]i know you have a father or mother or brother or babe or someone very close to you like family. I pray they get shot or beaten or arrested without reason or their car get impounded by the police or mopol or Army or even little LASTMA so you can stand over their dead body or look them in the face and say all this talk to them so that the rest of those close to you can be corrected just the way you hoped to correct us by your nice post regarding the unjust death of this bus conductor or the "okada" rider. AMEN.[/size]

And I know you have a Mother, Sisters, Aunty and Babe.. I also pray they all get arrested, sent to jail and are gang r`aped and fuc`ked in every part of their body that has a hole or looks like a hole including their eye, ear & nose.. angry

Fuc'king bastard... angry

Shey the newspapers just put out a story, was it 'FOR NO REASON?'.. Bloody delinquent.. I also pray all the men in your family get gang ra`ped by h`orny gay r`apists.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by TableLeg(m): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2012
pDude: Just like houseflies, Nigerians are dying.
How many houseflies have died, that you know about?
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 10:05am On Nov 08, 2012
pheesayor: while I partially agree, we should priotise human life, and get murderous policemen prosecuted, avoiding them makes them wanna always play God.

[b]Indeed..

That would mean re-training and sacking most police officers.. The government did not tell the Police to shoot civilians.. These hungry animals in uniform would shoot a traffic offender faster than they would shoot a robber. The reason being that a traffic offender will be extorted for bribe since he is more likely to have money, but a robber would be sent to prison..

All I am saying is that we should stop giving these niggas a reason to shoot or molest us..

Last night on my way home from the gym, I saw a TAXI run against traffic thinking it was dark and no one would catch him.. The ALUU side of me would have shot him if I had a gun and could get away with it. When I got to the junction after passing through the hold-up, I saw that the POLICE and TIMARIV (Rivers version of LASTMA) had accosted him and many others like him.. Well, they would all pay bribes, and get away.. Should one of them even attempt to evade that arrest and gets shot by a Police officer, I would first put the blame on the person shot before looking at the Police officer.. BECAUSE, if he had stayed on the right lane, the chances that a Police man would have just randomly walked up and shot him/her would be 1 in 10,000,000. [/b]
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 10:07am On Nov 08, 2012
thelastPope:

You are a very very very very very very stup1d eediot to the 25th power. If you have no value for human life, you should at least mask it. You have no moral right to ever make any crtiticism on this forum again with this your mindset. Some of you just display your uncivilized behaviour just because you use a pseudo name on a public forum. Your likes are making this forum a big joke and reducing its power, effect and influence in helping to build a new Nigeria. Shameful!!!

Who is the Mo`ron biko nu?!
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by nekaa(f): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2012
The police man really wanted him dead since he was shot on the head, so they shldnt even strt by calling it a mistake. Whatever happened to batons the police was usually known with. With that they will b less deaths cause e go tay before them beat person to death with that one
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by DaWhiz: 10:11am On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

[b]Let me put it like this..

Under the rules governing the Police, lethal force can only be used on an armed suspect. Infact, on an armed suspect that poses a threat either to himself, the officers or the public..

But this is Nigeria.. I saw a policeman shoot his rifle barely 2 inches above my mothers head.. Reason being that our car that was being rope-towed to the house by our other car, was doing so without a towing permit.. YUP!! This was why a Policeman opened fire a few INCHES above my mothers head..

Fast forward to this issue.. Nigerians love to test the rules.. Lagos State bans Okadas on certain roads. Its clearly annouced on T.V and Radio. Yet some Okada men who thought they could get away with breaking the Law still tried.

Now I dont know the circumstances surrounding this conductors shoting, but something tells me it involves traffic law violation.. In lagos were everyone knows about LASTMA and the Police, yet people still do break traffic laws.. I dont quite get this..

Now, in Nigeria where 9 out of 10 Police officers are not physically fit, are armed with an AK-47 and are corrupt, you break the law and then try to eveade arrest and deny them their bribe?! Omo, they wont chase you, they will shoot you.

The Police are horrible, no doubt.. But Nigerians should stop placing themselves in positions that give the Police room to shoot you. Back when checkpoints were still in place, a family friends 24yr old son got shot the f`uck up becuase he ran a checkpoint trying to avoid being stopped.. He had his license, the car wasnt stolen, he didnt have any weapons or drugs, he wasnt intoxicated, his car was fully insured, infact, I couldnt see any reason why he would do something that stupid, but he did, and the natural reaction for the Nigerian Police was to go weapons-free on his vehicle.. He barely survived it. Later, I discovered that it was his Modus Operandi. He just thought that if you dont stop, they will just ignore you.. WRONG!!

Okadas & Bus Driver & the general public should stop breaking the Law, if LASTMA no catch you, the Police might shoot you whilst trying to arrest you and extort money from you.. STOP GIVING A MAD MAN WITH A GUN ANY REASON TO SHOOT YOU!! #PERIOD!![/b]

I agree with you. But are you saying the government has no role to play in this?! Shouldn't they enforce the laws and reduce these killings. The police keep shooting erratically just because they get away with it. It shouldn't be. Those who are supposed to keep the law shouldn't be the ones messing it up. Fine, its Naija, but then its no justification. Stiff measures should be put in place even for the Law Enforcement Agents so that lives can be saved. IMHO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Bus Loaded With Explosives Was Intercepted In Abuja Metropolis Yesterday / Gunmen Attack Police Station In Kogi, Kill 2 Policemen / One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.