Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos (12705 Views)

Policeman Shoots Man In Badagry; Youths Protest (photos) / Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At Mile 2 (video) / Photos: Crisis In Onitsha After Policeman Shoots Driver Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by andyanders: 11:53am On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

I know I am gonna be attacked for this post..

But why do Nigerians put themselves in situations that gives the Police the opportunity to burst a cap in their a`ss?!

I know that the Police are crazy demented Niggas.. So I wont break the Law so I dont give them any reason to shoot me.. The Okada man that got shot, he was breaking the law. I'm not saying that its okay for the Police to shoot people at random o!! But if you take a lighted candle into a room full of gunpowder, I cant blame the gun powder for the explosion..

So breaking a law, does it warrant a man to be killed like this as you stated? No worry, you will one day become a victim of Nigerian Police Brutality. Let us call a spade a spade. Why must Nigeria police kill? Must they kill someone because they disobeyed the law? Fashola should understand that he should not force laws by using armed mad dogs. If Fashola is privileged to be eating and living a comfortable life, he should equally understand that there are people who are less privileged and should be looked upon as human beings. His action towards beautifying Lagos state of which we are not against should be a gradual process and not this way he has rolled illiterate police officers and his LASMA officials to apply unnecessary force. The policeman should be meant to pay for the life he took. This draconian laws by Fashola should be revisited.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 11:58am On Nov 08, 2012
thelastPope:

I am disappointed in your comment bro. So Nigerian citizens should now walk around in fear because we have trigger happy police? Is that a solution? Is that the future? Is that what you want to leave for your children? A jungle mentality? What kind of traumatic and backward society will that become?

I am warning all NIgerians that they should go read history and learn. If we dont learn, we will all suffer immensely and what we think we are suffering now, will be childs play. We must reorientate ourselves from this jungle and military mindset. We cannot claim to be civilized and be thinking this way. It is barbaric, it is cave like and it is a sign we are not civilized. These mindset is 1000 times more dangerous and detrimental to our collective progress than 10000 corrupt politicians!

Anyone who tries to justify these killings in any way or form has exactly the same mindset as the Aluu killers. Not one difference. The mere fact that we post these things online and enjoy watching them and even make fun of them is a sign we have a barbaric society.

There is no civilized country of the world where you can post something like this online and it will not spark a riot on the streets immediately. Some are even making fun of the thread and telling us about business and fun. It is because we have become a callous and wicked nation. We deserve exactly the leaders we have, maybe even worse

[b]Now your first problem is that you read my post, but failed to understand it..

I did not justify the shooting... THE POLICE WAS WRONG FOR SHOOTING AN UNARMED CIVILIAN However... The Danfo put himself in a situation that allowed for him to get shot!!

.. You have to re-trace the origin of the problem.. The Danfo driver was driving on the shoulder (sidewalk, corner of the road). He used his bus as a weapon to drive away pedestrians from the road.. He could have killed someone.. the Danfo Driver and his Conductor were breaking the law, . He got to another pedestrian (a plain cloth police officer) that stood his gorunds and refused to budge.. Rather than fall back into his lane, he proceeded to assault the pedestrian by allegedly stepping on him amidst insults.. This led to his conductor getting shot! This is another case of police recklessness.. However, the Danfo was breaking the law..

First problemm here was caused by the Danfo..

Lagos state government bans Okadas from riding on certian roads in the state. Despite the publicity and awareness of the campaign, some daredevil Okada riders still rode on those roads.. Now common sense would tell any reasonable person that such laws would place the enforcement agents on high alert for offenders & violators, with the view of catching them, extorting money from them (since they would rather 'settle' than face the full wrath of the law).

Now a Police force that is filled up with men who get a maximum of three weeks physical fitness training at police training college, no mental evaluation, poorly paid, have a high propensity for senseless killings, corrupt and illiterate... any wise man would do his best to avoid contact with them..

AGAIN!! NOBODY IS JUSTIFYING THE KILLING.. However, something always leads to something. If the Danfo driver had been driving on the proper lane rather than on the shoulder, his conductor would not have given a trigger happy policeman any reason to shoot him.. If that Okada man had simply obeyed the new laws restricting the operation of Okadas within Lagos state, he would have reduced his chances of getting involved with the police and would never have been shot.

Here is an analogy.. A mad dog is in your compound.. Your child walks up to the dog, starts wacking it with a stick and aggravates it, and you are mad at the dog first.. When it was your dumb kid that started the shiit?!!

Reduce your chances of being shot.. Stay on the right side of the LAW!![/b]
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
andyanders:

So breaking a law, does it warrant a man to be killed like this as you stated? No worry, you will one day become a victim of Nigerian Police Brutality. Let us call a spade a spade. Why must Nigeria police kill? Must they kill someone because they disobeyed the law? Fashola should understand that he should not force laws by using armed mad dogs. If Fashola is privileged to be eating and living a comfortable life, he should equally understand that there are people who are less privileged and should be looked upon as human beings. His action towards beautifying Lagos state of which we are not against should be a gradual process and not this way he has rolled illiterate police officers and his LASMA officials to apply unnecessary force. The policeman should be meant to pay for the life he took. This draconian laws by Fashola should be revisited.

First and foremost, The police is a federal entity not state.. So stop calling Fashola..

Secondly, the Police recklessly shooting this conductor is wrong..

But while you are busy calling a spade a spade, please dont forget to also call a shovel a shovel.. THE DANFO WAS BREAKING THE LAW, THIS LED HIM TO HAVING AN ALTERCATION WITH A POLICEMAN (Which he didnt know), THIS LED TO HIS BEING (unjustifiably) SHOT!!

If he hadnt been f`ucking around and breaking the law, maybe he would still be alive today.. his path and that of this lunatic officer would nothave had any reason to cross paths....

Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Sagamite(m): 12:04pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju:
.. You have to re-trace the origin of the problem.. The Danfo driver was driving on the shoulder (sidewalk, corner of the road). He used his bus as a weapon to drive away pedestrians from the road.. He could have killed someone.. the Danfo Driver and his Conductor were breaking the law, . He got to another pedestrian (a plain cloth police officer) that stood his gorunds and refused to budge.. Rather than fall back into his lane, he proceeded to assault the pedestrian by allegedly stepping on him amidst insults.. This led to his conductor getting shot! This is another case of police recklessness.. However, the Danfo was breaking the law..

I didn't see this is the news report or link. Where did you see this?
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by tomisinuno(m): 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2012
Police men are dick head.ow i wish i culd turn to a machine gun and chop off al d heads of dis pple dt kills in cold blood for nothn
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by GARRIx7(m): 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
..... and once again, the trigger-happy-bastar.d wins.... sad sad sad
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Onimamaolatunji(m): 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2012
Seriously something has to be done to checkmate the activities of the nigeria cops,we re sick and tired of this shit .imagine a traffic law was claimed to protect the okada riders life from a possible accident that might occure from the road, thereby prevenenting the riders from some dangerous roads as claimed.
Thus,the okada riders has refused to die through a road crash but the nigeria police has step in to make sure they aid them to die through their AK 47. What a wicked world!
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by olly4life: 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

I know I am gonna be attacked for this post..

But why do Nigerians put themselves in situations that gives the Police the opportunity to burst a cap in their a`ss?!

I know that the Police are crazy demented Niggas.. So I wont break the Law so I dont give them any reason to shoot me.. The Okada man that got shot, he was breaking the law. I'm not saying that its okay for the Police to shoot people at random o!! But if you take a lighted candle into a room full of gunpowder, I cant blame the gun powder for the explosion..

When U̶̲̥̅̊ know U̶̲̥̅̊ are going to be attacked, y then make d comment. U̶̲̥̅̊ just repeated what U̶̲̥̅̊ were advising d conductor. I pray U̶̲̥̅̊ don't fall victim of stray bullet by then, U̶̲̥̅̊ will know its not by arguing wit d MIB. RIP conductor
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sagamite:

I didn't see this is the news report or link. Where did you see this?

As for the Conductor, they sometimes are mad in the way they address people.

The real scenario surrounding the mis-behavior of the policeman in mufty is like this:

The Danfo driver left the road, goes to the verge or off-road to start bullying all pedestrians who were not on the road in the first place.

The policeman was in mufti, so The Danfo driver threated him with disdain, threatening to hit him off the place. This police like civilian will be so surprised that he was not on the road, yet the danfo driver still came to where he was cursing him and abusing his family on issue that is not supposed to be If he had maintain the regular line on the main road.
The conductors are so stupid while they utter their so rude comments to threaten pedestrians of his readiness for death even when they(Danfo Drvivers/conductors) are absolutely wrong.
This victim was wrong and so unlucky because the Policemen in mufti was not just a civilian they use to harass.

The real story said, they stepped on him(police-in-mufti). It means they wanted him to leave for them to pass,
probably he insisted he was not on the road. so he maintained his standing position in the bus stop or road side. For that action only, Imagine what the Danfo Drivers and his able conductors would have done.
Conductors can even be bold enough to push him off or tell his driver to push him off their way.

While I do not support police's brutality, Most Danfo Drivers and their conductors are heartless with the way they treat pedestrians.
I am not heartless, but trying to be fair and not just allow emotions to becloud me.[/b]
http://www.punchng.com/metro/policeman-kills-bus-conductor-for-stepping-on-him/[/quote]
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
Olaolufred:

[b]I think Nigeria should warn her police to stop these extra judicial killings.

The real scenario surrounding the mis-behavior of the policeman in mufty is like this:

The Danfo driver left the road, goes to the verge or off-road to start bullying all pedestrians who were not on the road in the first place.

The policeman was in mufti, so The Danfo driver threated him with disdain, threatening to hit him off the place. This police like civilian will be so surprised that he was not on the road, yet the danfo driver still came to where he was cursing him and abusing his family on issue that is not supposed to be If he had maintain the regular line on the main road.
The conductors are so stupid while they utter their so rude comments to threaten pedestrians of his readiness for death even when they(Danfo Drvivers/conductors) are absolutely wrong.
This victim was wrong and so unlucky because the Policemen in mufti was not just a civilian they use to harass.

The real story said, they stepped on him(police-in-mufti). It means they wanted him to leave for them to pass,
probably he insisted he was not on the road. so he maintained his standing position in the bus stop or road side. For that action only, Imagine what the Danfo Drivers and his able conductors would have done.
Conductors can even be bold enough to push him off or tell his driver to push him off their way.

While I do not support police's brutality, Most Danfo Drivers and their conductors are heartless with the way they treat pedestrians.
I am not heartless, but trying to be fair and not just allow emotions to becloud me.[/b]
http://www.punchng.com/metro/policeman-kills-bus-conductor-for-stepping-on-him/
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Elebiju: 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
I was at the scene yesterday,see as I run like fowl Wey see hawk enter Adisa akintoye take join demurin,it was barbaric
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Sagamite(m): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

http://www.punchng.com/metro/policeman-kills-bus-conductor-for-stepping-on-him/

I can't see that account of what happened in the link you provided.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Olaolufred(m): 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
thelastPope:

I will give you the benefit of doubt that you are civilized and address you as such.

This is 2012, not 1960. For your first comment, the governors do not "persuade" police commissioners to do things. If that is what you want to sell either to deny responsibility or advocate for state police, please shelve it. You can only tell that to ignorant people. Did he "persuade" the commissioner of police to deploy over 1000 policemen all over Lagos to enforce and seize okada? Tell me how he "persuaded" him please. When he comes out every now and then to promise Lagos state citizens improved security, are you saying he is making such a promise based on "persuassion"? Please the kind of logic you peeps spread sometimes is alarming. How can we expect our leaders to take us seriously when we keep spewing this kind of logic on their behalf. If a policeman mistakingly shoots a member of the governors family, is he going to call the commissioner of police and "persuade" him to act? I tire for your logic

On the second issue, how can you come and talk about 2 wrongs? In what way are they commesurate? In what way are they comparable? Is execution now the punishment for a traffic offence? The whole world is now debating the abolition of the death sentence even for armed robbery and genocide and you are here trying to compare a conductor's dissent and a gruesome cold blooded murder. The mere comparison of the 2 is prepostrous and offensive. How can you say the gun cannot be taken from them? You lot keep giving these excuses and then come on other threads to condemn government. What you are supposed to do as citizens is to rise up in one voice and completely condemn it not find a logic to justify it or douse its gravity. Have you ever seen anywhere in the world were people spew this kind of logic you are spewing except in Nigeria? So we should all now hide inside our houses and not go out since the police is like that and there is nothing we can do about it? You guys make me sad and am sure some other Nigerians reading this thread are equally very sad at these your comments.sad sad sad

I like to rub minds if based on mutual respect.
I will never support crime.
I personally had experience with police on tuesday's (06/11/12) evening.
I saw them in front of my resident estate arresting Okada.
I angrilly told them their stay there was illegal.
One of them said to me "you are a fool"
I returned it to him while within my estate gate.
I know how foolish police are.
The Police in Mufti is culpable.
but that will not erase the fact that there are provocations in this case.
As for Fashola,
If persuade is wrong, I think Compel will be right.
If Fashola's family member became a victim, He would make phone calls to people who could assist in bringing the killer to justice. His help will still be tied to the IG, comissioner of police as well as presidency.
He has no direct power to punish any policeman.
If those federal powers do not want to help him bring justice, He will have to turn to the judiciary.
I am not here to fight with words but to explain my own views.
The bolded part is not from me, It is more of the immagination of your own mind.
Thanks.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
Olaolufred:

I like to rub minds if based on mutual respect.
I will never support crime.
I personally had experience with police on tuesday's (06/11/12) evening.
I saw them in front of my resident estate arresting Okada.
I angrilly told them their stay there was illegal.
One of them said to me "you are a fool"
I returned it to him while within my estate gate.
I know how foolish police are.
The Police in Mufti is culpable.
but that will not erase the fact that there are provocations in this case.
As for Fashola,
If persuade is wrong, I think Compel will be right.
If Fashola's family member became a victim, He would make phone calls to people who could assist in bringing the killer to justice. His help will still be tied to the IG, comissioner of police as well as presidency.
He has no direct power to punish any policeman.
If those federal powers do not want to help him bring justice, He will have to turn to the judiciary.
I am not here to fight with words but to explain my own views.
The bolded part is not from me, It is more of the immagination of your own mind.
Thanks.

You want to reason with a vulcaniser?! The guy is an air head..

The welder is so blind to the fact that the drivers driving on the shoulder could have resulted in the death of an innocent pedestrian as well.

He is running his mouth like the police woke up that morning and decided he was going to kill him a conductor that day.. He even went ahead to solicit taking the guns away from the police. I dey laugh!

Rubbing minds with a doofus.. You are better off rubbing your mind on the floor.. At least you are bound to rub off on concrete better than u are likely to rub off on this air head.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by agitator: 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

You want to reason with a vulcaniser?! The guy is an air head..

The welder is so blind to the fact that the drivers driving on the shoulder could have resulted in the death of an innocent pedestrian as well.

He is running his mouth like the police woke up that morning and decided he was going to kill him a conductor that day.. He even went ahead to solicit taking the guns away from the police. I dey laugh!

Rubbing minds with a doofus.. You are better off rubbing your mind on the floor.. At least you are bound to rub off on concrete better than u are likely to rub off on this air head.

My brother, u don try, abeg stop before i finish all my "like" for your post. All the people u dey try to enlighten no go fit do anything. but them just come internet they blow hot air as if na your fault. u don try wink wink
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by robotan: 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
For great NEWS, GISTS, TUTORIALS, REVIEWS, HOT MUSIC DOWNLOADS, APPS, FREE BROWSING, GOSSIPS and much more. Visit www.naijaclassic.com

For great NEWS, GISTS, TUTORIALS, REVIEWS, HOT MUSIC DOWNLOADS, APPS, FREE BROWSING, GOSSIPS and much more. Visit www.naijaclassic.com
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
uncivilized people, uncivilized system, uncivilized country....uncivilized continent. Story of the black race....BLAME IT ON THE EXCESS MELANIN.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by naijathings(m): 9:15pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

And I know you have a Mother, Sisters, Aunty and Babe.. I also pray they all get arrested, sent to jail and are gang r`aped and fuc`ked in every part of their body that has a hole or looks like a hole including their eye, ear & nose.. angry

Fuc'king bastard... angry

Shey the newspapers just put out a story, was it 'FOR NO REASON?'.. Bloody delinquent.. I also pray all the men in your family get gang ra`ped by h`orny gay r`apists.. angry

SMH. i guess you are saying all these things from past experience.. or continous experience. your family must have seen alot of raypes.
i hope God give you and your sisters the fortitude to bear the loss of your dignity. LOL.
me i don pray for you and God will answer that very prayer so you can have the privilege to stand and speak those words to your
family when they get shot or ill treated by the police, you tell them they were shot because they were breaking the law.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Z8(m): 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2012
Cowards shooting unarmed civillians,but when the real robbers show up.they are no where to be found. iWeep for naija..where's d popo in NL? None ? What do u have to say abt this? Another "accidental discharge"?
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by sheymoni(m): 11:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
i have said it times without numbers that until we all have acess to gun,we wont respect ourself.......the ealier they pass the bill to law the better otherwise these licenced robbers called police will continue to kill us like flies
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by olugbemi4u: 7:12am On Nov 09, 2012
Must especially police at Ketu needs to be cautioned as i and my uncle prevented possible crisis on tuesday 6th nov,2012 at the same place ketu when police arrested our younger brother with newly imported power bike after given them, evidence in the bill of laden.we resisted them and the support of passer by was encouraging and i told them right their that this is abused of power until i called ACP for intervention,they still refuse to talk to their superior but only interested in money to collect.i forsee revolution as Nigerians are ready to confront police authority.
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by thefunclubenterprise(m): 8:04am On Nov 09, 2012
DaWhiz:

Sorry bro, u'r not making sense with this. A driving offence is a violation not a criminal offence. A crime is defined as a misdemeanor or felony. If you were arrested for vehicular manslaughter. etc a moving violation summons will not equal a crime. So these killings are totally unjustifiable, if anything at all the trigger-happy cops are the criminals. Who the fvck gives the cop the right to shoot around for traffic offences. It's a blatant disregard for law by them. It's so sad these things keep occurring. What kinda govt prioritizes traffic laws over the lives of people?! This is total crap really. angry angry angry

Well said, your coconut is working!..unlike that okija boy
Even in a criminal offense, you don't just shoot!! Unless you are under fire!
And even when being attacked, the great career cops aim for the hands, legs, etc where the criminal survives to face a better punishment!

C'mon!....that's a head shot for crying out loud!....head shot!...for traffic offense

Okija boy please rethink, and use your coconut properly
Thanks and God bless
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by Bidexnoni: 9:28am On Nov 09, 2012
Rip to lost soul. Bt i think if d okada man hasn't breaking d law, d police wouldn't has shoot him, bt d police also did bad ooo. Only God knws wetin happen b4 d incident occured. But if na sodier do dis, watin una go talk?
Re: Policeman Shoots Bus Conductor Dead At Ketu, Lagos by ayodot(m): 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
those cops are blood thirsty. if everyone who as a gun is to kill anybody who offends him, u can best imagine. why can't the police shoot to immobilize. shoot the legs or shoulders. why do they always shoot to kill.
I sometimes which I were one kin avenger and go after all this blood tasty police and indiscriminate killers .

God help Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Bus Loaded With Explosives Was Intercepted In Abuja Metropolis Yesterday / Gunmen Attack Police Station In Kogi, Kill 2 Policemen / One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.