Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,729 members, 7,805,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Pls Advice Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Advice Me (581 Views)

Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! / Urgent!!pls Advice Me On Benek Engineering School Of Welding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice Me by Tonyblinky(m): 5:04pm On Nov 08, 2012
I graduated with 2:2 elect/elect engr in 2009,i finished my nysc june last year,i ve been hoping for a very good job but none in sight,i recently had an appointment offer with nigeria civil defence on school cert level, GL 03 with a salary of N40,000.pls advice me on this,should i accept or reject this?pls with reasons.
Re: Pls Advice Me by dominique(f): 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
Do you have other employment offers? If no accept it. In these kind of military parastatals, you get promoted gradually and your salary gets reviewed almost anually Tho i feel GL 3 is too low for a graduate. Its better to start from somewhere. If you don't like it, be on the lookout for another one but DO NOT leave your current employment.
i suggest you get some military training (if you haven't) to give you the upper hand. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me by Tonyblinky(m): 8:04pm On Nov 08, 2012
Thanks dominique,its highly appreciated
Re: Pls Advice Me by dominique(f): 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
You welcome smiley
just bear in mind that Rome was not built in a day. I know of people who started out on the lowest level with modest income, now they hold directorial positions with comfortable six-figure income. Though it took years to achieve this, but it paid off eventually. Its all about hardwork and dedication.
have you read the conditions of employment?

(1) (Reply)

Boost Your Career, Become A Certified Business Planner, Developer And Strategist / Introducing Private ( Home) Teaching Programme. / Customers Service Officers/sale Rep/cashiers/accountant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.