Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,915 members, 7,802,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

African Nerd - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / African Nerd (61797 Views)

Mosquito Palaver (legend Of The Nerd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 27, 2013
You are the bomb. Part 2, i love that. Keep the ball rolling we are solidly behind you.
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 1:25am On Jan 27, 2013
Wait wait wait
wah?
No be any kain part two ooo! I just dey write am to keep us busy, so the thread wont die before having a chance at fp.
Make una no come use style style trap me for part two ooo
Re: African Nerd by preciousoz: 5:18am On Jan 27, 2013
grin
go redmoss , go redmoss hehehehehehehe

I so much love dis guy.... Part 2 by force grin

Guy behave oooo , heard dis ur story is being read by Boko Haramist like Abu kaka, Abu ronaldo and Abu chicharito, ND militants like Jomo Gbomo, asari Tokumbo to cool their Nerves ....

Since U stop the story, they are planning to bomb nigeria with nuclear weapon .... Aba kidnappers have promised to kidnap You so you can continue in captivity........ Heheheheh

Confidential info bro.....

So give us part two ...

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 10:02pm On Jan 27, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by larride(m): 10:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so much love this guy. No homo grin
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 10:38pm On Jan 27, 2013
larride: Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so much love this guy. No homo grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
Hey Guys! I just wanna announce my leave or whatever its called!
School will resume in two weeks time. I must not be caught off guard or procrastinate. So I wanna announce my exit from NL for the time being. I will still be looking in here from time to time, but I wont post or comment like before!
You guys made my break beautiful, right from Minion and Hades, to wooing contest, to my story African Nerd, the very one you guys made great.
I am already having Idead for another story, but it will take time to both build in thought and put in writing, but I'll try to bring it on when its due, which will be a long time by the way.
So Thank you! Thank you!
So I love ye guys! May the gods be with you!

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by VanTee20(m): 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
^ Owk go, you have our blessings.
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2013

This tory must not die. It must taste front page before it does

Words, perhaps sharp as granite
Sermons that speak of heaven
prophecies of a hell on earth
Teachings of love
Yet mingled with Hate
Lectures of "God"
All this miss their target
My heart
Like snipers' bullets they fly
like rookies shot they miss
My heart
I am stone
No! I am not stone
it is all but a camouflage of strength
I am weak
I am flesh absent bone
But still, I shall not fall
These prophecies
Too muddles, too twisted, too tinted
I shall not believe
But I shall also not challenge
I shall not challenge their words yet
Lest these Christians murder me
Lest these Christians deem me fiend
Just a lil something I wrote during service
grin
Re: African Nerd by Obinnau(m): 11:35am On Jan 31, 2013
oya na continue to update. Then we will start clamourin for FP.
Re: African Nerd by caesaraba(m): 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2013
My favourite page on nairaland for some suspense-filled creative writing. You Rock!!!
Re: African Nerd by bunchyproject(m): 9:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
Cool
Re: African Nerd by ehispapa(m): 9:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
Redmosquito: ********************************************
“ Good Evening sir” I say, while bending my knees the way I have always seen my sister do when greeting.
This move must have bewildered them, for there was a moment of silence, the Minion just stared at me with a look that said “ What the f*ck was all that about?”. It was the Dark being that spoke this time, the walls vibrating again
“My Minion, does your foolishness know no bounds?! Why bring to me this fool?”
“My King! Do not be angered. This is truly the one that holds the key. The teleportation has left him slightly confused, forgive his foolishness”, the Minion pleaded
And then it spoke to me this time, the Dark walls spoke again
“ I, King of the underworld, oldest son of Cronus, have called you here to give you an assignment”
And then at the sound of the word “assignment” , I fear for myself. I have heard of people getting tricked by gods and daemons, if there ever was a difference. I won't be fooled by anyone, real or imagined. I brace all the courage I can and reply this Dark one
“I don’t know who you are. But I don’t make work for anybody. I work for myself”
This was a foolish thing to say, I know. The one called Minion has taken some few step away from me, maybe he feared that if the ground should open and swallow me he didn’t want to be close by.
The Dark being twitched, and then shifted, the cloak rumpling with every movement. I am guessing he isn’t used to a lot of disobedience.
I feel a kind of pride and courage within myself. The Nigerian training has given me b.alls, no one just messes around with me.
And then again the walls vibrate
“ CERBERUS!”
At the mention of this word a dark beast appears out of the darkness that surrounds this place. Bringing a chill along with it. Many people will tell you haaa! Cerberus is just a little three headed German Shepherd. Make sure you tell them to quit drugs.
For what I saw was no mere mutt, this was a humongous canine, its paw alone was larger than any human I have ever seen, mind you I have seen really fat people. Its legs were long and spiked, every hair on this beast was like a black rod of sharpened stainless steel. Its body was mighty muscular, you could actually see some biceps and abdominal packs, no doubt this beast always has enough workout. And then I saw its heads, three black heads set perfectly on three necks, all resting on its shoulder. In the mouths, were bones and gore, the damn beast was still chewing on them, horrible evidence of its last meal.
And then there is the smell, I know I should be the last person on earth to talk about smells, but I am not even sure I’m on earth anymore. The beast stank, if I refuse to brush for a whole week I will smell better. Trust me, I have. The beast stank of dead rotten flesh. I can’t hold it in. I vomit up my stolen breakfast.
It takes a lot to make me vomit, and this is more than necessary. I eye the vomited fried meat and remember my promise “ walahi if I hear say I no chop this meat”, I like to keep my promises, so I eye the meat for the third time now. But again I am too busy being scared to death by this animal, it looks at me and throws around its tongue in evil excitement. To be sincere, I don’t know what it is excited about, I am a very skinny guy. This beast must have a thing for bones.
The beast raises its hind legs to scratch at its neck, as it scratches at its thick muscular neck, it sends out tens of fist-sized ticks. And here I was thinking my dog has problems. I swerve left and right to avoid being hit by this huge blood-suckers. I no wan carry this kain things go house, that is if I will ever go home, besides this things will dry me up in one drink. I quickly make up my mind. This thing is already making its way to me. Minion has taken five more step away from me, this dude must really value his life.
“ Excuse me sir, I did not get the full details of the assignments, I would definitely have said yes if you had empowered me with info on the assignment, sir?!” I make sure the “SIR” is audible enough, this thing is ready to jump at me. Walking up to me is enough to kill me, jumping at me is just overkill.
"S-S-SIR?!", I stammer
"Your HI-hi-highness?!", I add
The beasts' hind limbs are already twitching now, ready for the pounce

Good one

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by DarqChild: 10:36pm On Feb 01, 2013
This guy you bad. I love the borrowed concept from "heroes of Olympus" and the Naija blend. This is what Nigerians need now; artists who can make this happen from nothing. Kudos bro. You should write this into a script and try publishing it. Though I don't think Nigerians read novels though. Just saying. Good one.

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by greedie1(f): 10:36pm On Feb 01, 2013
Redmosquito: [b]
This tory must not die. It must taste front page before it does

it didn't die.... and it tasted the frontpage....AGAIN cool cool
kudos
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 10:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
gree-die:

it didn't die.... and it tasted the frontpage....AGAIN cool cool
kudos

Yes! Yes it did!
And now guys can appreciate the work of the African Nerd team.
Those who pushed me on until I completed the story.
Thank you. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
It has finally graced the frontpage after what seemed like eternity...

Congrats my boy grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2013
Wow! Congrats Red!! Great work!
Re: African Nerd by Nwandol: 3:09am On Feb 02, 2013
Creative work. Weldone
Re: African Nerd by Warlord3000(m): 5:35am On Feb 02, 2013
Guess we did it again smiley congrats RedMoss

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by zangality(m): 6:49am On Feb 02, 2013
Nice one....

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by 1050mu(m): 9:41am On Feb 02, 2013
Kudos to u sir moss.. U gt anoda fan down here.....ur ryt up is up dere wit d best.. U rock mann. U rock

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Alkapina(m): 11:49am On Feb 02, 2013
beautiful piece of work
...ever thought of short story writing and publishing...think it will be fantastic
Re: African Nerd by Teegreat(m): 12:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
Redmosquito:
faculty:
medical science
base:
idiaraba, LUTH
Then mosquito must be my friend. You know those ex diploma guys? Good write up.. I love it all the way...

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by slevin1(m): 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

Lol... Reminds me of LION HEART, dat guy that Van Damme had to fight that was putting on skirt.... Lol grin grin grin

They're scottish not spanish. That's their traditional or customary rather way of dressing. Have u ever considered writing a book (novel for schools) or a movie. U rili need to CONSIDER it. A man said, find out what u're gud at, do it for free till u're gud at it that people will pay u for it. Nice characters, suspenses and twists. But I tink if u culd hav avoided borrowing d Greek gods and come up with names of ur own, it might have sounded more original. But it stil was dynamite and MASHQUITO.....................u're d BOOM.

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Hydronium(m): 3:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
:oNa so I carry standing for BRT dey read African Nerd! Aaah, last game!! Well done.

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1147853/new-year-gift

Thank you guys for the comment.
Check out the link above for another of my story.
Make sure u drop ur com
ment there ooo
Thank yall
Re: African Nerd by Okworigeorge(m): 6:32pm On Feb 02, 2013
Nice work dude....ah jez finishd nw, startd ystady
Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
I will be damned if I don't drop my comment before this page finally gets relegated. Mosquito, me and you do better work for here, but think am, had it been your heart no break eh, you for no fit conclude am.

Na so I been dey heart broken wey make me conclude that Attai story, right now I no get motivating force to continue my writing. I need look for another heartbreak wo....

By the way, we be the bestest!!!!!
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 8:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth: I will be damned if I don't drop my comment before this page finally gets relegated. Mosquito, me and you do better work for here, but think am, had it been your heart no break eh, you for no fit conclude am.

Na so I been dey heart broken wey make me conclude that Attai story, right now I no get motivating force to continue my writing. I need look for another heartbreak wo....

By the way, we be the bestest!!!!!

Security! Please take this man outta here.
Foxy! I don miss u for here. I no dey come NL like before. The real world on ma mind.
U suppose don drop link to ur tory na, how u want make them guys read am?
Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 9:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
Redmosquito:

Security! Please take this man outta here.
Foxy! I don miss u for here. I no dey come NL like before. The real world on ma mind.
U suppose don drop link to ur tory na, how u want make them guys read am?

Na so na, me dey so tied down right now self so tay dem dey remind me to chop... **exaggeration**
Re: African Nerd by preciousoz: 9:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
Redmoss thanks for ur brilliant write-up. I enjoyed every bit of it.

So sad you have to go (a good reason though).

Abeg read very well o and graduate..... Cos I don doo my own tay tay.

Pls do once in a while and drop some line for ur Man. If you fail .......... Hmmmmmmmmm...... Got ma Eyez on ya cool

Jomo Gbomo say make I hail U oooo ***dnt keep them waiting*** wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Out Of The Blue / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss / Story: A New Dawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.