Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

At What Point Do I Seek Help Outside My Church Or Beyond My Pastor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / At What Point Do I Seek Help Outside My Church Or Beyond My Pastor? (895 Views)

Help! My Pastor Hates Me! / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / At What Point In Conception Does The Spirit Enter The Body? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Point Do I Seek Help Outside My Church Or Beyond My Pastor? by newmi(m): 8:32pm On Nov 08, 2012
Imagine a person who is perhaps a committed member of a said church but along the line this said individual began to collide with problems lets say with His or her health and from all indications it seem to suggest that his or her Pastor by virtue of the level of grace, calling or gift could not help or profer a solution or relief, my question now
1. Is it right to seek for help else
2. if yes at what point does one seek for help else where (now else where l mean from another "true and Bible believing man of God)
3. What is the "HOW" in going about it meaning must it be with his/her pastor's concent or recommendation?
4. if 3is no are there any consequencies if such a person go without his/her pastor's concent

l look forward to entertaining reasonable and sincere responses you never could whether your if your sincere contribution may just be an answer to the prayer of someone.
Thank You
Re: At What Point Do I Seek Help Outside My Church Or Beyond My Pastor? by acidtalk: 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2012
Help comes from God directly so looking up to your pastor to pray for you when you are in problem or difficulty is sinful.

Who does he then call unto when he needs help?

The early people learn to cry to their God directly for help the early for people who look at pastors as semigods.
Re: At What Point Do I Seek Help Outside My Church Or Beyond My Pastor? by SlyIg(f): 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
Im talking from experience and i know what i mean,only if you can reason along with me. Do you know that some pastor's spiritual strength differs? My dear,you can stay in may be a church that you inherited from your parents,pray from year to year without anything good coming your way. Dont follow the name of the church but where you find your grace. What im trying to say now is,'follow ya heart' but not your parent and fore father's church'.
Re: At What Point Do I Seek Help Outside My Church Or Beyond My Pastor? by Redmosquito(m): 10:17pm On Nov 08, 2012
Minion:Ur Wretchedness! What is it with Nigerians and pastors?
Hades:They lack but a simple truth. Every mortal is a god, with god-like attributes. Pastors just know how tap into theirs. I mean! Why visit a call centre when u've got a mobile phone?
Minion:My Lord! They might be using MTN undecided

2 Likes

Re: At What Point Do I Seek Help Outside My Church Or Beyond My Pastor? by julietjuks: 10:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
my friend, i know that u are sincere in your question. now what i would say to your question will be, if for instance its a medical condition that has seemed to defy medical solution and u think u should go to another ministry other than yours for help u can do so BUT your pastor has to be a major part of that decision process. that is u must seek your pastors consent. ministries are gifted differently by God. for instance not every ministry is a healing ministry but its the same body of christ. such decision should be guided by your pastor.
Re: At What Point Do I Seek Help Outside My Church Or Beyond My Pastor? by Joagbaje(m): 5:22am On Nov 09, 2012
Since the pastor is accountable for for. You before God and he is also a watch over your soul.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey your spiritual leaders, and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God. Give them reason to do this with joy and not with sorrow. That would certainly not be for your benefit.

Every pastor is not your pastor . So my contribution here is to go to the pastor first, since the bible says to go to the elders .

James 5:14
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him,. . . :

if it's a matter beyond the pastor's gift or grace , the pastor can recommend another minister that he trust .who may posses the gift required. Kenneth Hagin was a healing minister . But he doesn't work creative miracle. For a matter which requires creative miracle such as amputer , maimed ,etc . He recommended then to go to William Braham church who has anointing for creative miracles eyes could grow out of eye socket.
Re: At What Point Do I Seek Help Outside My Church Or Beyond My Pastor? by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 09, 2012
Redmosquito: Minion:Ur Wretchedness! What is it with Nigerians and pastors?
Hades:They lack but a simple truth. Every mortal is a god, with god-like attributes. Pastors just know how tap into theirs. I mean! Why visit a call centre when u've got a mobile phone?
Minion:My Lord! They might be using MTN undecided
Guy... so na two of us dey nairaland... nice one o. grin
Re: At What Point Do I Seek Help Outside My Church Or Beyond My Pastor? by dhtml(m): 7:28am On Nov 09, 2012
musKeeto:
Guy... so na two of us dey nairaland... nice one o. grin
*Ahem*

julietjuks: my friend, i know that u are sincere in your question. now what i would say to your question will be, if for instance its a medical condition that has seemed to defy medical solution and u think u should go to another ministry other than yours for help u can do so BUT your pastor has to be a major part of that decision process. that is u must seek your pastors consent. ministries are gifted differently by God. for instance not every ministry is a healing ministry but its the same body of christ. such decision should be guided by your pastor.
Joagbaje: Since the pastor is accountable for for. You before God and he is also a watch over your soul.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey your spiritual leaders, and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God. Give them reason to do this with joy and not with sorrow. That would certainly not be for your benefit.

Every pastor is not your pastor . So my contribution here is to go to the pastor first, since the bible says to go to the elders .

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him,. . . :

if it's a matter beyond the pastor's gift or grace , the pastor can recommend another minister that he trust .who may posses the gift required. Kenneth Hagin was a healing minister . But he doesn't work creative miracle. For a matter which requires creative miracle such as amputer , maimed ,etc . He recommended then to go to William Braham church who has anointing for creative miracles eyes could grow out of eye socket.

Thread closed. Question answered, i have nothing more to add.
Re: At What Point Do I Seek Help Outside My Church Or Beyond My Pastor? by newmi(m): 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
acidtalk: Help comes from God directly so looking up to your pastor to pray for you when you are in problem or difficulty is sinful.

Who does he then call unto when he needs help?

The early people learn to cry to their God directly for help the early for people who look at pastors as semigods.
Wait its not a question of looking at the Pastor for "help" or regarding the said Pastor as a "demi-god" rather it is a question of faith because even the bible recognized the idea of going to one's "Spiritual Leader(s)" for some form of aid for instance in the case of ill health
Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.

You see the fact that people go to the doctor for their medical problems believing that he has the answers to their questions and even more importantly a solution for their ill health doesn't sum up to mean that they take him for a demi-god rather they do so because they recognize that there is a difference of knowledge one of which distinguishes the said doctor to be more qualify on the grounds of training otherwise we could simply say oh well l a first aid kit in the house or l have such and such medical book in my library let administer the treatment.

(1) (Reply)

Evolution = Racism / Christians Don’t Like Jesus? / PRAYER: Give Me A Spouse Or I Die? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.