Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Believe It Or Not! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Believe It Or Not! (1033 Views)

The Oldest Leather Shoe Ever Found, Can You Believe It 5,500 years / You Can Be Have A Visa If You Believe It / Believe It Or Not 60% Documents Presented To The Embassies Are Fake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Believe It Or Not! by sandraluck12: 11:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
'We are envious of Nigerians that come visiting and spend so much money on shopping that it makes us wonder if truly there is poverty back home?' *surprised stare* 'It is true!' 'I am confessing this to you as a friend, because nobody will gladly admit it, because we feel intimidated in our space!'When we travel back home and spend our tax-return money, we are seen as big-boys and gals,and it makes us feel happy and proud because of our status of living abroad'.*mouth agape*

'When a Nigerian,relocates to America,and comes along with thousands of dollars,we are jealous,because we don't have that kind of money in our account after many years of struggling! It takes a matured mind and a God-fearing person to overcome that BAD feeling,if not,the person's first strategy is to 'help' you squander the money on irrelevant things that they tell you is important, so that you will come to their level,if not below! You will think they are being nice! *my jaw dropped on the floor!* 'Some don't realize this strategy until it is too late and they will be left at the mercy of their host or people around!'If you think i am lying, try asking some immigrants their experience!

"What should new immigrants do then?" I asked after picking my jaw from the floor! 'They should BE DISCIPLINED! And don't go about shopping or sight-seeing as a tourist.If your host/hostess suggest it,sensibly turn it down. Don't share apartment with anybody thinking you might be cutting cost and saving money. Rather find the cheapest accommodation around, it can be a room/studio/basement, manage it until you get a job!' "Why?" I asked again. 'If you share,and unfortunately,no job yet before your money finished, you will be surprised one day, your flat-mate might ask you to move out that he/she had gotten another flatmate, or he/she will move out leaving you high and dry and you might end up in the shelter home until you get back on your feet!' "what!!" *unbelievable look*

'My friend, this is the truth, but some will deny it and say i am lying!' It is FEW people with a good heart that will not use you for their selfish purpose and go an extra mile to make you comfortable and help you in settling down! Survival instincts here is stronger than when in Nigeria!' WELCOME TO AMERICA! cheesy

p.s the advisee is about a decade old in America,a legal citizen who voted for Obama on Tuesday {Nov 6th} and doing well.

P.s.s someone else told me 'YOU DO NOT DEPEND ON ANYBODY HERE!
Re: Believe It Or Not! by fittty(m): 12:07am On Nov 09, 2012
undecided
Re: Believe It Or Not! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
9ice and sincere post.am finding this info valid.pls wat sign's show's that ones host have a bad mind towards his visitor.all i believe is that a hard working nigeian wld survive the hustle and bustle of u.s.a
Re: Believe It Or Not! by sandraluck12: 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2012
fittty: undecided

lipsrsealed

Re: Believe It Or Not! by sandraluck12: 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
I Hate 9ja: 9ice and sincere post.am finding this info valid.pls wat sign's show's that ones host have a bad mind towards his visitor.all i believe is that a hard working nigeian wld survive the hustle and bustle of u.s.a

Thank you. You can't and won't know them. Wisdom and cautious is to be used at all times. smiley
Re: Believe It Or Not! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
sandraluck12:

Thank you. You can't and won't know them. Wisdom and cautious is to be used at all times. smiley
here u go,u gat it.God bless u
Re: Believe It Or Not! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
sandraluck12:

Here u go,u gat it.God bless u.thank's

(1) (Reply)

ad / Unidentified Female Corp Member Burns To Death In An Accident (Graphic Pixs) / How To Save Money For Your Dream Vacation (be Inspired)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.