Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,931 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:45 AM

Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production (7244 Views)

FG, UK Firm Sign $250m Satellite Deal / UK Firm Kevin, Charlyn & Kimberly ASSOC That Predicted 13% GEJ Win Is A Hoax / Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by PaulJohn1: 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2012
9 November 2012 , By Yemi Bamidele, Source: Daily Trust
Ibadan

The Oyo State government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a United Kingdom-based milk producing company, Kama Milk Industry, for the processing and production of soya milk.

When established, the company which is expected to gulp $25 million (N4 billion), will be producing about 750,000 metric tons of soya milk per annum, aside the provision of about 100,000 jobs for the people of the state.

Governor Abiola Ajimobi, who presided over the signing ceremony, said the development was the product of his many foreign trips which were aimed at improving the economy of the state and enhancing the living standard of the people.

The governor assured the management of the company that government would provide the enabling environment to enhance its success.
"We are indeed ready to partner with you and provide the enabling environment that will make you succeed and all that is required of us to promote and make progress in Oyo State," he said.

Speaking earlier, the Managing Director of Kama Milk Industry, Mr. Dipak Mirchandani, lauded the governor for having the interest of the state at heart.

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/2012110907
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by geeez: 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
Impressive!
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by PaulJohn1: 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
^^
Very very
It'll go a long way in the development of the state, with increase in internal revenue.
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by kunlekunle: 1:47pm On Nov 09, 2012
very good move.

my observation.
why dont nigerian state government share resources and information?
this was a perfected business project in kwara state.
waste of resource.
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Gbawe: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
geeez: Impressive!

Indeed. Ajimobi is a technocrat par excellence and I expect him to come good for Oyo. Ajimobi should be in his element regarding the attraction of FDI (foreign direct investments) to Oyo State. I hope to see more of this sort of development.
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Smartiegurl(f): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
Wonderful!
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by samguru(m): 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
enough of these proposals dt never materialize,it is better you complete the project and subsequently announce it to the public.

i would like to hear/read something like this; o[b]yo state has commissioned soya milk production company[/b]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Afam4eva(m): 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. Ajimobi is a technocrat par excellence and I expect him to come good for Oyo. Ajimobi should be in his element regarding the attraction of FDI (foreign direct investments) to Oyo State. I hope to see more of this sort of development.
You're right Ajimobi is a technocrat because he's in ACN. If a PDP governor had done exact the same thing people like you would have castigated him. Anyways, i believe this is a good development. Let's see how things will pan out.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by AkinDavid2: 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2012
Government always like UK-Firm, US-Firm, Sweden-Firm..especially when it involve $Million contracts. We need to strengthen our own local institution to carry out large scale projects. Good if it materialize into the objectives but bad if it still the old wine in a newer bottle. undecided
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by fapcrook(m): 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
Soya milk? Ok, i pray it works. God let things work well for naija. Amen
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by ayinba1(f): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
There is nothing impressive about this. "Foreign/abroad"does not automatically translate to "better". The leadreship in Oyo state has really fallen short of expectations. This appears to be a desperate attempt to show that Ajimobi is doing something.

Is it the same Oyo state where wives of political office holders were sent on a wasteful trip abroad? What was that training for again?
Or the state government that sacked teachers because anyone whose records indicate that they may have graduated elementary school before the age of 10 was deemed fraudulent?

Please shocked
Aji se bi Oyo laari oo, nuff said.

Kama milk company is non existent per web searches. Mr Dipak was in media business for the past 20 years and just came into the food processing business in January 2012. This stinks to the high heavens.

UK residents, you can easily confirm if such a company is a UK firm. It is past time that we hold our leaders accountable!

9 Likes

Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by omenziate(m): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
Oga Gbawe don start wit hailings o, d same Ajimobi denizens of Oyo state criticize daily has become a technocrat? I think it is too early to toot his horn. Laudable project nonetheless but Nigerians have seen so many of these proposals dat never see the light of day and just end in papers and signatures.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by GboyegaD(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
kunlekunle: very good move.

my observation.
why dont nigerian state government share resources and information?
this was a perfected business project in kwara state.
waste of resource.

Because often times, government seems to be competitive in Nigeria however, in this case, it is a better idea provided that there wouldn't be unnecessary surplus of soy milk.
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Redmosquito(m): 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
Minion:Ur Anguishness! I like the fact that the whites are taking a keen interest in Nigeria?
Hades: Shuttup young one!! angry I used to think the same until when I saw the way they snapped their presido on Wikipedia
Minion:Huh!
Hades: Oya see the pic angry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodluck_Jonathan
Minion: Wat the f*ck! Dem bad oooo!! See as dem put boil for him eye!! shocked
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by bory09(m): 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
Is this company trying to be funny. I cant remember the day i drink milk last i mean good milk talkless of soya milk. The location gon self ibadan wey be say na there them dey produce garri 24/7 who wan use him money buy soya milk there. Abeg they should stop the prank and say what its in their mind jare. Garri mills na him beta pass
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by SeanDre(m): 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2012
ayinba1: There is nothing impressive about this. "Foreign/abroad"does not automatically translate to "better". The leadreship in Oyo state has really fallen short of expectations. This appears to be a desperate attempt to show that Ajimobi is doing something.

Is it the same Oyo state where wives of political office holders were sent on a wasteful trip abroad? What was that training for again?
Or the state government that sacked teachers because anyone whose records indicate that they may have graduated elementary school before the age of 10 was deemed fraudulent?

Please shocked
Aji se bi Oyo laari oo, nuff said.

Kama milk company is non existent per web searches. Mr Dipak was in media business for the past 20 years and just came into the food processing business in January 2012. This stinks to the high heavens.

UK residents, you can easily confirm if such a company is a UK firm. It is past time that we hold our leaders accountable!

I googled it up now and am also suprised a company worth such a hype is not available on the web. Methinks this smirks of some suspicion.
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
Dem go sign MoU even for common soya milk production. What a shame
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by GARRIx7(m): 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva:
You're right Ajimobi is a technocrat because he's in ACN. If a PDP governor had done exact the same thing people like you would have castigated him. Anyways, i believe this is a good development. Let's see how things will pan out.

EVERYTHING IN YOUR EYES IS
.... IGBO VS YORUBA
.... PDP VS ACN
I TIRE FOR U OOOOO....

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Gbawe: 3:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
omenziate: Oga Gbawe don start wit hailings o, d same Ajimobi denizens of Oyo state criticize daily has become a technocrat? I think it is too early to toot his horn. Laudable project nonetheless but Nigerians have seen so many of these proposals dat never see the light of day and just end in papers and signatures.

Do you know what a technocrat is? See below and do some research into Ajimobi's work/professional history and come back to tell us whether he cannot be called a technocrat merely because some in Oyo "criticize" him or are unhappy with his leadership. My point is that Ajimobi's professional history marks him out as someone who should possess the ability to succeed at governance because he is able to deploy a technocratic and solution-driven approach to public administration because of his professional life before politics. I am one of those who feels Ajimobi can/should do more. This development is thus a welcomed development and more in line with what we expected of him. I.e the attraction of income/employment boosting FDI to Oyo State.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/technocrat

1. An adherent or a proponent of technocracy.
2. A technical expert, especially one in a managerial or administrative position.
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by ayinba1(f): 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
Mr Gbawe,

With all due respect, I would like youto tell us what Ajimobi has done for Oyo state that qualifies him to be regarded aa a technocrat? Or easier still, tell us of his previous mangerial or leadership accomplishments.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Gbawe: 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva:

Why are you such an irritating and irredeemably spiteful and hateful character? Do you know what a technocrat is? I know what a technocrat is and would never deny anyone of being such simply because of Party affiliation. That is the domain of clannish people like you who have no appreciation of how Professional/technocratic expertise is not something any sensible person can deny.

You should be ashamed of how you always speak foolishly because of the sentiment and bias that drive you before you engage your brain. You are condemned to see a "them vs us" to everything. I call Ajimobi a technocrat because he is one !!!! Simple !!!

Professional career

He returned to Nigeria in 1977 and joined Management and Industrial Consulting firm as a Senior Consultant. He thereafter worked briefly with Modulor Group (an architectural firm) as the Finance and Admin Controller, before joining Nestle Foods PLC. as the Operations Controller and later as Marketing Controller. In 1979, he joined National Oil and Chemical Marketing Company as the Consumer Products Manager. He was the youngest Manager to occupy such a sensitive position. His performance quickly earned him promotion to the level of Divisional Manager within one and a half years. Thus becoming the youngest Divisional Manager to be thus appointed.
He was later promoted to head a newly created Corporate Credit division reporting directly to the Managing director. As a top flyer in the company and based on his problem solving ability he was deployed to Ibadan Business District as the Area Manager to ensure the repositioning of the company's entire activities in the area. The Company and the district experienced landmark achievements in its modern retail network resulting. In 1987 he built the company’s first 3 in 1 and the largest petrol station retail outlet in Nigeria. The district office built during his tenure still stands out today in Jericho, Ibadan.

In 1987, based on a worldwide international strategic positioning of the lubricants business desired by Shell International Oil Company, he was appointed the Lubricants Manager. He successfully built a new Lubricant division which became the most profitable business of the company and the largest contributor to the corporate profit. Having completed the strategic repositioning of the Lubricants department, he was moved to manage another troubled business arm- the aviation department. By 1993, he had acquired broad exposure in virtually all the marketing arms of the company. As part of the grooming programme he was posted on an international assignment to Shell International storage company of Togo, serving the whole of West Africa as Chief Executive. He also was the Operations Director of Shell Marketing Company in Togo covering some West African countries.
He returned to Nigeria in 1995 and was appointed in 1996 as Oil Sales Manager in 1998. He was appointed to the board of the company as Executive director- Marketing, a position he held before his appointment on February 2001, as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the National Oil and Chemical Marketing Company. As Managing Director he substainally improved the profitability of the company and the shareholders fortune. In 2003, he voluntarily retired after 26 years of service in the Oil industry.
In his successful professional career spanning a period of over three decades, Abiola Ajimobi was quick witted and positively impacted on the businesses and people he interacted with
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Afam4eva(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
Gbawe:

Why are you such an irritating and irredeemably spiteful and hateful character? Do you know what a technocrat is? I know what a technocrat is and would never deny anyone of being such simply because of Party affiliation. That is the domain of clannish people like you who have no appreciation of how Professional/technocratic expertise is not something any sensible person can deny.

You should be ashamed of how you always speak foolishly because of the sentiment and bias that drive you before you engage your brain. You are condemned to see a "them vs us" to everything. I call Ajimobi a technocrat because he is one !!!! Simple !!!

It's really not my business whether Ajimobi is a technocrat or not. My point is that your party clannishness never allows you to appreciate something good except it's coming from the only progressive party in Nigeria, ACN. If Jonathan has done this same thing, your kind would have trooped in high number to use mouth to insult and denigrate his resolve. Learn to say the truth whether or not it's coming from a particular quarter.
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by PaulJohn1: 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
@gbawe, why not just overlook some posts at times.
Some lads are here to castigate others progress.
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Gbawe: 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
ayinba1: Mr Gbawe,

With all due respect, I would like youto tell us what Ajimobi has done for Oyo state that qualifies him to be regarded aa a technocrat? Or easier still, tell us of his previous mangerial or leadership accomplishments.

With all due respect, do you know what a technocrat is to understand it has nothing to do with Ajimobi's performance as a governor? Being described as a technocrat has everything to do with his achievements in his professional life that demonstrated skills which singles him out as a technical expert.

It is just ridiculous you are asking me to tell you of Ajimobi's previous history. Do I owe you a history lesson merely because I used the right term to describe someone? What manner of intellectual laziness is that? Are you not online? Can you simple not google the man to find the information you need?
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by ayinba1(f): 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
@gbawe,

Thank you for your response. This is the profile that I saw and I thought "Finally, Oyo state willl shine again". Alas, thos hopes have been dashed multiple times. How long then do we have to wait before we call it what it is? I have family and friends in Oyo state and even though they are thankful that Akala is gone, they had hoped for better governace with Ajimobi. This appears to be all it is; hope.

Coming back to this press release., there is an article from around May this year talking about a Nigeria based KARMA SOYA CO, brokering a $20 million dollar deal in Abuja for soy production with Mr Dipak at the helm. Now Oyo state claims a $25 million dollar deal with a Uk based KAMA MILK INDUSTRY for soy milk.

So which is it, KAMA OR KARMA.? NIGERIA OR UK BASED.?

How much soya bean is grown in Oyo state? Where is the destination for exports? Who provides the $25 million dollars?

This is either a government that has become comfortable because citizens do not ask the right questions or shoddy journalism.

4 Likes

Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Gbawe: 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva:
It's really not my business whether Ajimobi is a technocrat or not. My point is that your party clannishness never allows you to appreciate something good except it's coming from the only progressive party in Nigeria, ACN. If Jonathan has done this same thing, your kind would have trooped in high number to use mouth to insult and denigrate his resolve. Learn to say the truth whether or not it's coming from a particular quarter.

Shameless dolt. You are simply annoying. Did you not suggest I deemed Ajimobi a technocrat merely because he is an ACN leader? Now, after being exposed for not know Ajimobi is indeed a technocrat, you change tact. Why should I start an acknowledgement rota about others in a thread concerning Oyo? When have I failed to give credit where due to administrators who are doing well yet not in the ACN Party? Get a life dude. You are pathetic.

Whatever drives you is patently rotten even if you don't see it. If you claim I don't praise anyone not ACN, why do you never have such criticism for others who go out of their way to always rubbish everything to do with other ethnic groups and Political Parties they dislike? Do you see me ever doing that here?

Do you see me, like you do with anything ACN administrators, trying to discredit Amaechi, Lamido, Akpabio, Okorocha, Chime et al on this forum and belittle or dismiss their achievements? Dude, you are sad. Go and enjoy your Friday and stop running from pillar to post trying to make points that don't exist.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by ayinba1(f): 3:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
@gbawe
I posted my thanks before I read your response which I find very amusing and unusual. I gues NL is changing you.
Intellectual laziness is not something that you can accuse me of, I will most definitely not accuse you of same because if I would, that question would not be asked of you.

Having said that, we must be very cautious of how we evaluate and rate information or we will become another Beaf or whatever moniker he uses now.
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Gbawe: 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
ayinba1: @gbawe
I posted my thanks before I read your response which I find very amusing and unusual. I gues NL is changing you.
Intellectual laziness is not something that you can accuse me of, I will most definitely not accuse you of same because if I would, that question would not be asked of you.

Having said that, we must be very cautious of how we evaluate and rate information or we will become another Beaf or whatever moniker he uses now.

Instead of this egotistical pontifications, some of you should simply hold up your hand and apologise when you offend others , so amicable discussion can flow, instead of running from pillar to post to try and legitimise what you have done wrong. I used the right term to qualify Ajimobi i.e technocrat. Instead you went on the offensive to show, without doubt, you appear not to know what a technocrat is:

With all due respect, I would like youto tell us what Ajimobi has done for Oyo state that qualifies him to be regarded aa a technocrat?

Guy, show some honour and admit you spoke out of turn. I just cannot understand why Nigerians cannot simply accept they are wrong and move on. It takes nothing away from you and does not demean you. Instead, it shows character. Barth Nnaji is a technocrat and it is not his achievement, or lack of it, as Minister of power that indicates whether he is a technocrat or not.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by ayinba1(f): 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
Gbawe:

[/b

VS

Gbawe:

[b]With all due respect, do you know what a technocrat is to understand it has nothing to do with Ajimobi's performance as a governor? Being described as a technocrat has everything to do with his achievements in his professional life that demonstrated skills which singles him out as a technical expert.

It is just ridiculous you are asking me to tell of Ajimobi's previous history. Do I owe you a history lesson also merely because I used the right term to describe someone? What manner of intellectual laziness is that? Are you not online? Can you simple not google the man to find the information you need?
[quote author=Gbawe]

Nothing personal, but had to go back and reread to figure out how on earth I misunderstood you.
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Afam4eva(m): 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
Gbawe:

Shameless dolt. You are simply annoying. Did you not suggest I deemed Ajimobi a technocrat merely because he is an ACN leader? Now, after being exposed for not know Ajimobi is indeed a technocrat, you change tact. Why should I start an acknowledgement rota about others in a thread concerning Oyo? When have I failed to give credit where due to administrators who are doing well yet not in the ACN Party? Get a life dude. You are pathetic.

Whatever drives you is patently rotten even if you don't see it. If you claim I don't praise anyone not ACN, why do you never have such criticism for others who go out of their way to always rubbish everything to do with other ethnic groups and Political Parties they dislike? Do you see me ever doing that here?

Do you see me, like you do with anything ACN administrators, trying to discredit Amaechi, Lamido, Akpabio, Okorocha, Chime et al on this forum and belittle or dismiss their achievements? Dude, you are sad. Go and enjoy your Friday and stop running from pillar to post trying to make points that don't exist.
Please let's try as much as possible to be civilized. I made a simple statement judging from what i noticed and instead of you to take correction and move on, you're busy justifying your clannishness in the most undesirable manner. We may support a particular party but that shouldn't stop of from saying the truth at all times. I commend this particular initiative even though i'm not an ACN member or supporter.
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by ayinba1(f): 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
Mr Gbawe,
It's alright. You used to be so much better than this. What happened to you?

Thank you for the lecture. I am not sure how I offended you. I simply asked you a question, an honest one at that but you are taking it a different way.
Don't use words that are more complex that I would need a dictionary for. Again, for the most part, I am on your side, but today, you are very much like Beaf and that sir is totally unbecoming.

Just so you know, I would not descend to that low level.

If a leader is not living to expectation, I will speak up.
Again, my focus for now is on the SouthWest leaders because "ile la ti nkesho rode"
Re: Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production by Gbawe: 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva:
Please let's try as much as possible to be civilized. I made a simple statement judging from what i noticed and instead of you to take correction and move on, you're busy justifying your clannishness in the most undesirable manner. We may support a particular party but that shouldn't stop of from saying the truth at all times. I commend this particular initiative even though i'm not an ACN member or supporter.

You are a joker. You are the one who should take correction. Answer this. Was I not correct to address Ajimobi as a technocrat? Are you therefore not a total idiot for trying to stain my character via suggesting I called him such because he is an ACN leader?

Do you think I am a clannish and feudal person like you who sees everything along an ethnic/sectional line to the extent my common sense is compromised? Dude, I am a person with professional skills also with good technocratic ability and expertise . I would never deny such of others, as you simplistically suggest, because of their choice of political Party.

You have no point and are just irritating. You should prove your point and show where, even once, I have denied that Okonjo-Iweala, Aganga, Nnaji, Rilwan Lukman, Ezekwesili et al are not technocrats merely because they work/worked for PDP governments. People like you attack others by attempting to stain their character and never giving them peace here. When they get annoyed and respond, you are then running from pillar to post and making non-existent points to shore up your junk behaviour instead of simply apologizing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Exactly How Nigeria Will Look In 4 Years If..........(pictures Included) / BREAKING: Jubilation In Aso Villa, As Buhari Seals Powerful Agreement / Nigeria Needs Economic Re-engineering - Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.