Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Four Nigerian Girls Build Urine Powered Generator! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Four Nigerian Girls Build Urine Powered Generator! (993 Views)

Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba / Nigerian Female Students Invent Urine-powered Generator / Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Nigerian Girls Build Urine Powered Generator! by ReMindAfrica(m): 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
What have you built lately? 14-year-olds Duro-Aina Adebola, Akindele Abiola, Faleke Oluwatoyin, and 15-year-old Bello Eniola have created a urine powered generator.

All over Africa, young men and women have missioned across the country and arrived in Lagos, Nigeria. All they want to do is show off what they have made. Maker Faire Africa is more than your typical startup event: it actually shows off innovations, inventions, and initiatives that solve immediate challenges and problems, and then works to support and propagate them. Put another way, this isn’t just a bunch of rich people talking about how their apps are going to change the world.

These four girls may not end up doing that either, but their efforts definitely stand more of a chance than yet another hyper local social cloud app. Their efforts should not go unnoticed, because if this is what they’re doing as teenagers, I really hope they have the funding they need to be revolutionizing lives when they’re adults.

Here’s how it works:
Urine is put into an electrolytic cell, which cracks the urea into nitrogen, water, and hydrogen.
The hydrogen goes into a water filter for purification, which then gets pushed into the gas cylinder.
The gas cylinder pushes hydrogen into a cylinder of liquid borax, which is used to remove the moisture from the hydrogen gas.
This purified hydrogen gas is pushed into the generator.
1 Liter of urine gives you 6 hours of electricity.

If this doesn’t motivate you to go out and start thinking about how you can really make an impact, then I don’t know what will.

Re: Four Nigerian Girls Build Urine Powered Generator! by ReMindAfrica(m): 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
Re: Four Nigerian Girls Build Urine Powered Generator! by abbeycial: 10:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
u sure say dat generator no go knock? Urine ke! Well kudos to da ladies.
Re: Four Nigerian Girls Build Urine Powered Generator! by Mynd44: 6:30am On Nov 10, 2012
Disgustingly innovative.
Nice
Re: Four Nigerian Girls Build Urine Powered Generator! by slysteel: 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
I hope this girls have secured a patent,i read one american guys post saying that white people are gonna steal this idea like they did to others and just today an american woman is claiming they stole her idea on NBC news in new york
Re: Four Nigerian Girls Build Urine Powered Generator! by Mynd44: 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2012
slysteel: I hope this girls have secured a patent,i read one american guys post saying that white people are gonna steal this idea like they did to others and just today an american woman is claiming they stole her idea on NBC news in new york
That's serious
Re: Four Nigerian Girls Build Urine Powered Generator! by olasmith10(m): 5:57am On Nov 11, 2012
A nice idea from dis young girls..but am afraid they are in d wrong place cos nig is not inclined in d world of science and technology.
Re: Four Nigerian Girls Build Urine Powered Generator! by Mynd44: 6:11am On Nov 11, 2012
olasmith10: A nice idea from dis young girls..but am afraid they are in d wrong place cos nig is not inclined in d world of science and technology.
There can always be change

(1) (Reply)

What Would U Ve Done?..... / Legality Of Nipost's Unreceipted 'security/handling Fees' For Online Purchases / Marriage Is Scam! Its Just Mere Certification Of Promiscuity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.