Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Is It Possible To Travel With 1month Left To The Expiry Of Ur Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Possible To Travel With 1month Left To The Expiry Of Ur Visa? (4656 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Travel With Free Visa To Some Good Economy Country In Europe,america & Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Travel With 1month Left To The Expiry Of Ur Visa? by Dantecmu(m): 1:38am On Feb 02, 2008
A friend of mine is currently in Nigeria, Actually he is a regular visitor to the UK he called me up and told me he had 1 month left in his visa and that he wanted to briefly visit the UK if it was a good idea,and would renew his visa gettin back to Nigeria well i told him i know nothing bout that and that i was gonna throw it open to da house.

So the question is this is it possible to get into the uk with 1month left to the expiry of your visa?
Thanks Mates.
Re: Is It Possible To Travel With 1month Left To The Expiry Of Ur Visa? by almondjoy(f): 2:25am On Feb 02, 2008
Yes!

My mom had only 2 days left on her visa.  She came over here and had and extension for 6 months.  Then went back and go it renewed.

Maybe age has something to do with it I guess being in her 50's.

I do not know if they would be as kind to a younger person.  Who knows! undecided

I don't know about UK---you know those ones things get as e be.  But very possible in the greatest country in the world.

Singing one of ma favorite songs:

LET FREEDOM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Hi Sean Hannity!!!!---Mitt Romney ain't gonnnna win.  Give it up! kiss

http://www.seanhannityevildoer.com/
Re: Is It Possible To Travel With 1month Left To The Expiry Of Ur Visa? by Dantecmu(m): 2:55am On Feb 02, 2008
wELL AM THINKING IT SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM ANYWAYS, AND MORE OVER UR ENTITLED TO 6 MONTHS NOT 5 MONTHS, ABI. STILL NEED TO HEAR FROM THE HOUSE ANYWAYS.

CIAO
Re: Is It Possible To Travel With 1month Left To The Expiry Of Ur Visa? by Panache(m): 12:44am On Feb 04, 2008
A visa at any embassy is just an evident that you are allowed to enter a country.The country's representative at the point of entry usually determines how long you can stay in that country.For example, on entry the immigration officer at the point of entry can approve 3 or 6 months stay.
Re: Is It Possible To Travel With 1month Left To The Expiry Of Ur Visa? by vikiviko(m): 11:21am On Feb 04, 2008
It is still possible to enter a country with just a day to the expiration of your visa but not in some countries like canada.
There was a case of a friend who had two days left in his visa b4 travelling to canada , at the port of entry he was almost returned home if not he declared asylum.
Your personality will definitely determine your stay sometimes irrespective of your visa.
In countries where your visas are given at port of entry the bta on you determines the longevity of your stay as barbados, cyprus, qatar, jordan, latvia
Re: Is It Possible To Travel With 1month Left To The Expiry Of Ur Visa? by VOR(m): 4:00pm On Feb 04, 2008
Can't see it being a problem.
Ensure your friend has a return
ticket for a date prior to the expiration
of the visa.
Re: Is It Possible To Travel With 1month Left To The Expiry Of Ur Visa? by gbeborun(m): 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2008
vikiviko:

It is still possible to enter a country with just a day to the expiration of your visa but not in some countries like canada.
That's not true, you can enter Canada on the day your visa expires (talking from experience, not hearsay).
As for the UK, you can enter b4 your entry clearance expires but you've to leave the UK on or before the expiry date of the entry clearance.

@Poster, if your friend travels regularly as you claim, he should at know. "
Dantecmu:

A friend of mine is currently in Nigeria, Actually he is a regular visitor to the UK he called me up and told me he had 1 month left in his visa and that he wanted to briefly visit the UK if it was a good idea,and would renew his visa gettin back to Nigeria.
Re: Is It Possible To Travel With 1month Left To The Expiry Of Ur Visa? by Dantecmu(m): 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2008
@gbeborun
Which level be as you claim, Thanks anyways but he is a regular but has never had to travel with a month left on his visa.

ciao.
Re: Is It Possible To Travel With 1month Left To The Expiry Of Ur Visa? by Delta007(m): 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2008
vikiviko:

There was a case of a friend who had two days left in his visa before travelling to canada , at the port of entry he was almost returned home if not he declared asylum.

Your personality will definitely determine your stay sometimes irrespective of your visa.
In countries where your visas are given at port of entry the bta on you determines the longevity of your stay as barbados, cyprus, qatar, jordan, latvia
This is not true. A Visa (regardless of the country) is a document that enables you enter that country. The officer at the border determines how long you can stay in the country. Canada is no exception. You friend might have been trying to play some "tricks" undecided cos there's no reason why he shud claim asylum.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

From Abuja To Ado-ekiti: Travel Advisory Request / Best Place For Low Cost Honeymoon In Nigeria / How To Travel To DR Congo From Lagos By Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.