Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Denmark Greencard. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Denmark Greencard. (14272 Views)

Greencard/us Passport Application Issues, Please Advise Now / Get A Denmark Greencard Visa And Secure Entry Into Other 26 Countries In Europe / Get A Denmark Greencard Visa And Secure Entry Into Other 26 Countries In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Denmark Greencard. by adonai36: 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
Another way to live in Europe is through Denmark. You can apply for Denmark greencard, and when granted you can live and work in Denmark with your family and be subsequently granted residency afterwards
It is a point based system as well, you are required to score minimum of 100 points to qualify. You score points on five headings:
1. Education
2. Age
3. Adaptability
4. Language
5. Work experience.

You can check their website for further information: http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/work/greencard-scheme/

However, you are required to have about £8,600 in your personal account, as maintenance fee. You will be granted three years in the first instance, before you can apply for renewal/residency.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have on it.

Shalom.
Re: Denmark Greencard. by surecan: 12:46am On Nov 11, 2012
i will like those with success story to comment and tell us how long it takes to be approved
Re: Denmark Greencard. by naijaspeak(m): 2:17am On Nov 11, 2012
I want to know if this Danish "Visa Lottery" is open to HND degree holder from Nigerian Polytechnic. I understand that it is for person with University Bachelor Degree. Please clarify this point by mentioning qualifications that have scaled through this process. Also what are the discipline or professional courses that are eligible Do they require doctor, nurse, engineer,secretaries and administrators etc
Re: Denmark Greencard. by surecan: 8:43am On Nov 11, 2012
naijaspeak: I want to know if this Danish "Visa Lottery" is open to HND degree holder from Nigerian Polytechnic. I understand that it is for person with University Bachelor Degree. Please clarify this point by mentioning qualifications that have scaled through this process. Also what are the discipline or professional courses that are eligible Do they require doctor, nurse, engineer,secretaries and administrators etc

why not read the website very well,you will understand better

2 Likes

Re: Denmark Greencard. by adonai36: 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
naijaspeak: I want to know if this Danish "Visa Lottery" is open to HND degree holder from Nigerian Polytechnic. I understand that it is for person with University Bachelor Degree. Please clarify this point by mentioning qualifications that have scaled through this process. Also what are the discipline or professional courses that are eligible Do they require doctor, nurse, engineer,secretaries and administrators etc

It is not visa lottery, but a greencard scheme, if you have additional qualification with the HND,or work experience (it is called positive list) you will be fine, as the Danes view Nigerian Polytechnic education as a professional degree. Virtually all courses/graduates are qualify to apply in respective of your field of study.
B.SC will give u 30 points
M.sc will give you 50 to 60 points.
Work experience also counts.

surecan: i will like those with success story to comment and tell us how long it takes to be approved

Am almost through with mine, and am getting it soon

1 Like

Re: Denmark Greencard. by israel007: 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2012
How long does it take
Re: Denmark Greencard. by surecan: 9:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
adonai36:

It is not visa lottery, but a greencard scheme, if you have additional qualification with the HND,or work experience (it is called positive list) you will be fine, as the Danes view Nigerian Polytechnic education as a professional degree. Virtually all courses/graduates are qualify to apply in respective of your field of study.
B.SC will give u 30 points
M.sc will give you 50 to 60 points.
Work experience also counts.

Am almost through with mine, and am getting it soon

Which stage are you now and how long does all the process take to be approved,where do you submit the application and how do you make the application payment?
Re: Denmark Greencard. by adonai36: 12:03am On Nov 13, 2012
israel007: How long does it take
It takes betweeen one to three months before you can be issued your green card/permit resident card. And it also depends where you submitted it.
surecan:

Which stage are you now and how long does all the process take to be approved,where do you submit the application and how do you make the application payment?

I have done the biometrics, and it takes about three months.
I submitted it to there embassy in London, and I paid online. Though there is an embassy handling charge of £155, apart from the processing fee.

Shaalom
Re: Denmark Greencard. by naijaspeak(m): 4:51am On Nov 13, 2012
Please I have some questions concerning the funds one must have in his personal account and processing fees.

( 1 ) I want to know if one can get a friend or relatives to fund his or her personal account during the period of application assuming there is insufficient money to meet the stated amount being requested? I know this is not in line with the purpose of the scheme and the requirement but the reality in Nigeria creates this kind of issues.

(2 ) is there anything like application fees ( processing fees ) to be enclosed and the amount?

(3) Can you help me to convert the 8,600 danish kroner to Nigerian Naira. This is the amount that I read in the post one must have in his or her account as living expenses.

Re: Denmark Greencard. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
(3) Can you help me to convert the 8,600 danish kroner to Nigerian Naira. This is the amount that I read in the post one must have in his or her account as living expenses.

231,284.65 NGN..... copy

2 Likes

Re: Denmark Greencard. by surecan: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
adonai36:
It takes betweeen one to three months before you can be issued your green card/permit resident card. And it also depends where you submitted it.

I have done the biometrics, and it takes about three months.
I submitted it to there embassy in London, and I paid online. Though there is an embassy handling charge of £155, apart from the processing fee.

Shaalom

Pls do you have european education or Nigeria,those in the middle east applicants is longer than yours.I will to see who have applied from Nigeria,if you have idea i will be happy that you share it as well.Goodluck brother
Re: Denmark Greencard. by adonai36: 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
naijaspeak: Please I have some questions concerning the funds one must have in his personal account and processing fees.

( 1 ) I want to know if one can get a friend or relatives to fund his or her personal account during the period of application assuming there is insufficient money to meet the stated amount being requested? I know this is not in line with the purpose of the scheme and the requirement but the reality in Nigeria creates this kind of issues.

(2 ) is there anything like application fees ( processing fees ) to be enclosed and the amount?

Yes, you can have a friend/relative to fund your account, since what they require is a recent bank statement showing the amount, however the account has to be in your name, as you can't use a sponsors account. Once you print out the statement you can submit your application, and return back the money.

There is an application fee payable online, you don't enclose cash, but receipt of payment that you generate online. The fee is £670, which is about N135,000, and you pay an handling charge at the embassy, the amount I don't know, because it varies from embassy to embassy or country to country. If you are submitting in Nigeria, I am not sure if Denmark have an embassy in Nigeria, so you may have submit it through the Finland embassy in Nigeria.

£8,600 is about N2.2million.

Please note that the conversion I am using is pounds sterling and not danish krone, as danish krone is 10 to 1 pound sterling.
surecan:

Pls do you have european education or Nigeria,those in the middle east applicants is longer than yours.I will to see who have applied from Nigeria,if you have idea i will be happy that you share it as well.Goodluck brother

Yes, I have, but my first degree is from Nigeria, which I used for the application as well. It will interest you to know, several Nigerians are using Nigeria qualifications and work experience to apply.

Shalom
Re: Denmark Greencard. by surecan: 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
adonai36:

Yes, you can have a friend/relative to fund your account, since what they require is a recent bank statement showing the amount, however the account has to be in your name, as you can't use a sponsors account. Once you print out the statement you can submit your application, and return back the money.

There is an application fee payable online, you don't enclose cash, but receipt of payment that you generate online. The fee is £670, which is about N135,000, and you pay an handling charge at the embassy, the amount I don't know, because it varies from embassy to embassy or country to country. If you are submitting in Nigeria, I am not sure if Denmark have an embassy in Nigeria, so you may have submit it through the Finland embassy in Nigeria.

£8,600 is about N2.2million.

Please note that the conversion I am using is pounds sterling and not danish krone, as danish krone is 10 to 1 pound sterling.

Yes, I have, but my first degree is from Nigeria, which I used for the application as well. It will interest you to know, several Nigerians are using Nigeria qualifications and work experience to apply.

Shalom

ok,thank you.those guys that applied from Nigeria,do you know how lomg it take for the residence permit to be approved
Re: Denmark Greencard. by Manweysabi(m): 10:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
Subscribing!
Re: Denmark Greencard. by surecan: 6:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
Please who have tried these in Nigeria,please help us with info on how it goes.thank you
Re: Denmark Greencard. by bbwollex(m): 9:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
please i would like to know if someone must print bank statement before submitting his application?
secondly when is the deadline for the application.
hope to hear from you soon!
Re: Denmark Greencard. by adonai36: 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
bbwollex: please i would like to know if someone must print bank statement before submitting his application?
secondly when is the deadline for the application.
hope to hear from you soon!

Yes, you must print bank statement before you apply, as it also forms part of your application.

At the moment, there is no deadline to submit application.

Shalom
Re: Denmark Greencard. by bbwollex(m): 1:11am On Dec 02, 2012
Alright,thanks for your replied.
Re: Denmark Greencard. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
Thank you Adonai36. Please do I have to send my documents for assessment before I apply or I will just forward my application and attached all my documents? How far? Have you gotten your green card?
Re: Denmark Greencard. by bbwollex(m): 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
Has anyone who applied gotten his/her green card from this programme?
Re: Denmark Greencard. by debedebe(m): 10:16am On Jan 14, 2013
pls are Danish pple friendly?hope dey r not racist... Also do u know about Czech republic visiting and Torist Visa... Urgent pls
Re: Denmark Greencard. by adonai36: 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
sisifunmi:

Thank you Adonai36. Please do I have to send my documents for assessment before I apply or I will just forward my application and attached all my documents? How far? Have you gotten your green card?

You don't need your documents to be notorized, however you must make colour copies of all the documents you are submitting, and translate the ones that are not in English language.
I was called for bbbiomettrics, which I have done, so waiting for the PR card.
[quote author=debedebe]pls are Danish pple friendly?hope dey r not racist... Also do u know about Czech republic visiting and Torist Visa... Urgent pls
As far I known they are friendly, though there population is not much. However, there is no country that you don't find racist.
Getting a Czech visiting/toursit visa should be easy, but depending on where you live. With an hotel booking in your name and your statement of account, you should be good to go!

Shalom
Re: Denmark Greencard. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
Thank you very much. Pls do you have friends living in denmark? If yes ! Can you confirm their experience with the Danish. Heard they don't give foreigners job . Can you confirm that as well.
Re: Denmark Greencard. by debedebe(m): 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
adonai36:

You don't need your documents to be notorized, however you must make colour copies of all the documents you are submitting, and translate the ones that are not in English language.
I was called for bbbiomettrics, which I have done, so waiting for the PR card.
[quote author=debedebe]pls are Danish pple
friendly?hope dey r not racist... Also do u
know about Czech republic visiting and Torist
Visa... Urgent pls
As far I known they are friendly, though there population is not much. However, there
is no country that you don't find racist.
Getting a Czech visiting/toursit visa should
be easy, but depending on where you live. With
an hotel booking in your name and your
statement of account, you should be good to go! Shalom..... Am a Nigerian am a graduate in Mechanical Engineering from a polythechnic here in 9ja,pls mention all d package documents i will need 4 d czech Visit/Tourist Visa... Thanks
Re: Denmark Greencard. by omoondo: 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2013
Any green card success story in the house?your experiences would be appreciated
Re: Denmark Greencard. by omoondo: 8:58am On Mar 22, 2013
@adonai36-how far with your application?please,I need further clarification on the 10 bonus point u can get if your education qualifies you to work in a field on the positive list.Is it the level of education e.g masters etc or your education has to be in one of the fields?
Re: Denmark Greencard. by Maverick05: 3:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
I heard about this program and i think it works for some but not for all... The truth is, they acknowledge degree's but if you have an European degree its a plus.. The website has a list of schools in its QS rating, which means if your degree is from a school's top 100, you could earn between 50-60 points.. This is only because they need to allow employable hands into their economy... All countries have diverse measures..

Wish you all the very best on this journey, but don't Forget there is an equal amount of racism in every country, higher in some countries than the other..
Re: Denmark Greencard. by Cypha8: 2:25am On Mar 26, 2013
Here you can find the Danish Positive List:

www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/work/positivelist/positive_list_overview.htm

omo ondo: @adonai36-how far with your application?please,I need further clarification on the 10 bonus point u can get if your education qualifies you to work in a field on the positive list.Is it the level of education e.g masters etc or your education has to be in one of the fields?

www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/work/positivelist/positive_list_overview.htm
Re: Denmark Greencard. by adonai36: 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2013
omo ondo: @adonai36-how far with your application?please,I need further clarification on the 10 bonus point u can get if your education qualifies you to work in a field on the positive list.Is it the level of education e.g masters etc or your education has to be in one of the fields?

Am still awaiting their response. I rang their embassy and I was told they have a backlog they need to clear. Though, I have done my biometrics, so I am hopeful to hear from them soonest.

As per the bonus point, all what you are required for is to have a diploma or professional degree in that field. An OND,diploma or NCE can suffice.
Cypha8: Here you can find the Danish Positive List:

Thank you for posting the link for him.

Shalom
Re: Denmark Greencard. by kissoflife: 8:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
adonai36:

Am still awaiting their response. I rang their embassy and I was told they have a backlog they need to clear. Though, I have done my biometrics, so I am hopeful to hear from them soonest.

As per the bonus point, all what you are required for is to have a diploma or professional degree in that field. An OND,diploma or NCE can suffice.

Thank you for posting the link for him.

Shalom
u mean they accept diploma? I thought a degree is the least u can apply with. Could u clarify more pls?
Re: Denmark Greencard. by kutklose: 3:29pm On May 02, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria / Nigerian Government Launches New Electronic Passport In UK, Vows To Tackle Delay / Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.