Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,405 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? (2504 Views)

How Can I Avoid Buying Stolen Blackberry London Use / Recover Stolen Blackberry Mtn Nigeria / Post Pins Of Stolen Blackberry Phones Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by strangest(m): 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
My blackberry just got stolen and I was wondering if there is anyway the network providers can track the thieves... will be glad if this is moved to the front page...
Re: Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by LordReed(m): 10:28pm On Nov 10, 2012
strangest: My blackberry just got stolen and I was wondering if there is anyway the network providers can track the thieves... will be glad if this is moved to the front page...

I found out that network providers can track stolen phones but they need to create a database for phones. Nigerian network providers have not done this so there is no way for now.

Did you install  Protect? You could track the phone with that.
Re: Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by strangest(m): 7:45am On Nov 13, 2012
Lord_Reed:

I found out that network providers can track stolen phones but they need to create a database for phones. Nigerian network providers have not done this so there is no way for now.

Did you install  Protect? You could track the phone with that.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately, i did not install "protect". does that mean I cannot find my lost bb again?
Re: Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by Lexusgs430: 8:06am On Nov 13, 2012
You can track and retrieve your bb back. Your blackberry pin is your king.
Re: Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by strangest(m): 11:02am On Nov 13, 2012
Lexusgs430: You can track and retrieve your bb back. Your blackberry pin is your king.

So how do I go about it? Please advise
Re: Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by Lexusgs430: 11:28am On Nov 13, 2012
strangest:

So how do I go about it? Please advise

Hopefully the thief or the buyer of the stolen device would subscribe to BIS, you add them (if it a guy, you are a girl, if it is a girl, you are a guy), play cowboy and policeman, arrange a date, attend with real policemen, MOPOL or other services, and deal with the person however you wish.
Re: Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by walcolm(m): 11:32am On Nov 13, 2012
network providers can track any device that has their SIM in it but they wont since there are no consumer protection laws to compel them to do so.

they will send you on a rigmarole to the police and courts that makes the whole thing useless

With BB, it should even be easier but they wont do anything for you either. with your pin, you can find out if the person who stole or bought your stolen phone has an active BIS subscription but you can only resort to jungle justice to get your phone back

and by the way, BB Protect is only good for backing up your data and wiping your phone. once the person with your phone wipes it and throws away your sim, there's pretty much nothing else you can do on the BB protect side

its a fuck3d up world
Re: Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by LordReed(m): 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
walcolm: network providers can track any device that has their SIM in it but they wont since there are no consumer protection laws to compel them to do so.

they will send you on a rigmarole to the police and courts that makes the whole thing useless

With BB, it should even be easier but they wont do anything for you either. with your pin, you can find out if the person who stole or bought your stolen phone has an active BIS subscription but you can only resort to jungle justice to get your phone back

and by the way, BB Protect is only good for backing up your data and wiping your phone. once the person with your phone wipes it and throws away your sim, there's pretty much nothing else you can do on the BB protect side

its a fuck3d up world

The upgraded protect doesn't allow it to be removed just like that (at least thats what the upgrade note said).
Re: Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by strangest(m): 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2012
walcolm: network providers can track any device that has their SIM in it but they wont since there are no consumer protection laws to compel them to do so.

its a fuck3d up world

Lord_Reed:

The upgraded protect doesn't allow it to be removed just like that (at least thats what the upgrade note said).

Thanks a lot, I have learnt a lot
Re: Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by guseman(m): 7:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
All d posts here are all on point. Mine was stolen by Police guys but I am waiting for someone to suscribe on it then jungle justice. Walahi I no go gree
Re: Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by strangest(m): 7:06am On Nov 14, 2012
guseman: All d posts here are all on point. Mine was stolen by Police guys but I am waiting for someone to suscribe on it then jungle justice. Walahi I no go gree

sorry about your phone...
Re: Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by guseman(m): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2012
strangest:

sorry about your phone...

Na them sabi o. If it was not stolen I won't buy this curve 7 and am not regretting...I love this fone diE. They deliver me from d useless Curve 2 I pass my neighor fone.

Do you know that some disappointed na blessing? I swear I will catch dem and they will pay handsomely.
Re: Can Network Providers Track Stolen Blackberry? by strangest(m): 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
guseman:

Na them sabi o. If it was not stolen I won't buy this curve 7 and am not regretting...I love this fone diE. They deliver me from d useless Curve 2 I pass my neighor fone.

Do you know that some disappointed na blessing? I swear I will catch dem and they will pay handsomely.

Na so bro, mine was curve 2 too, couldnt even download anything with the phone, guess cos it was 2g... hoping to get a better one soon... Very true, some disappointment na blessing

(1) (Reply)

Confused! Tecno N9 Vs N7 Vs Phantom A2 And A+ / Unique Reason Why Tecno Are Doing Better Than Samsung And Nokia, / Problem With My Gionee P5w

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.