Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:03 PM

Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? (26001 Views)

Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays / Pastor Runs Mad While Praying For Mad Man In Ibadan / Why Do Pentecostal Pastors Prefer Expensive things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Zikdik(m): 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
Most Pentecostal Christians have formed an habit of shaking their heads and other body parts vigorously while saying their prayers.
Is this act compulsory if the prayers are to be answered?Or,is it a sign that the "Christians-in-question" pray better and more effectively than others?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Zikdik(m): 9:01am On Jan 12, 2013
No Ideas?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 12, 2013
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 12, 2013
To do more damage to their brain...

They rarely use it anyway..

18 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by ijawkid(m): 9:36am On Jan 12, 2013
musKeeto: To do more damage to their brain...

Lmao.....funny...
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 12, 2013
To destabilize dia brains and get hallucinations which they call visions...

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Joagbaje(m): 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2013
Its just a Demonstration of passion

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Goshen360(m): 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
...because they are being religious. I don't understand when 'some' Christians turned themselves to lizard shaking their head nonstop. That isn't a requirement or assurance to answered prayers.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by cold(m): 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2013
Is that not the whole concept of speaking in tongues? They claim they're not in control of themselves at the time but the Holy Spirit is. I wonder why any Holy Spirit will make a person convulse uncontrollably all in the name of prayers. But hey what do i know. Matters of the spirit i guess...hmmm

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Goshen360(m): 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
^^^ And try to tell them that one of the fruit of the same Spirit they claim is making them shake their head in prayer is self-control (Galatians 5:22-23); they will rather listen to their MOG rather than listen to the word of God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by moredendisc: 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2013
Zikdik:

Most Pentecostal Christians have formed an habit of shaking their heads and other body parts vigorously while saying their prayers.

Is this act compulsory if the prayers are to be answered?

Or, is it a sign that the "Christians-in-question" pray better and more effectively than others
?

@Zikdik

Well that's the headbanging syndrome,

only that this particular flavor or version,

instead of dancing and violently shaking the head in time with music, which most commonly can be rock music or heavy metal

it is the violently shaking or nodding the head in tune with the intensity or degree of concentration of the praying which is done.

It is not an act compulsory, if the prayers are to be answered.

Someone, somewhere originally prayed that way and innocently started it.

Since the time of copying the originator of this style of praying,

it's now turned into a sheeple "following and copying the herd" stampede common way of praying in "plentyrascals" functions or with Christians.

maybe because some feel at ease or reassured of an answered request when praying this way

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by seunfly: 11:07am On Jan 13, 2013
They shake their head vigorously while praying because they are doing the prayers with all their might and strenght.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by sagytariusTM1: 11:08am On Jan 13, 2013
Oritsejafor comes to my mind cheesy
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by yam: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2013
Zikdik: Most Pentecostal Christians have formed an habit of shaking their heads and other body parts vigorously while saying their prayers.
Is this act compulsory if the prayers are to be answered?Or,is it a sign that the "Christians-in-question" pray better and more effectively than others?

Ala bosi nie(you are a gossiper and a pretender)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by goodmike7: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2013
What is your business fool,idiot,why can't you people mind your business and leave christians or pentecostal churches alone,when muslims lick the floor and scrape their forehead everyday do we ask why

Get a life and mind your business,if you can't pray like that then keep your mouth shut while others pray however they choose.

37 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by kunlekunle: 11:12am On Jan 13, 2013
they are been churchy
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:13am On Jan 13, 2013
musKeeto: To do more damage to their brain...

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by sagytariusTM1: 11:15am On Jan 13, 2013
goodmike7: What is your business fool,,why can't you people mind your business and leave christians or pentecostal churches alone,when muslims lick the floor and scrape their forehead everyday do we ask why Get a life and mind your business,if you can't pray like that then keep your mouth shut while others pray however they choose.
thah thah thah thah thoh thoh thoh!!! Sherimama shantarashiba!! I rebuke you for calling him a fool.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by executinal(m): 11:16am On Jan 13, 2013
As a result of transformation from human form to spiritual realm. @OP have you being baptised in the holy-ghost? Once you are baptised, alot happens during prayer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 13, 2013
Some of them do it cos the pastor told them to do so. I have witnessed a church where the pastor ran out of prayer points and told the congregation not to relent in their passion. He just started shouting "oya oya, begin to shake, begin to shake, don't relent in your passion, begin to shake"
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by koolet: 11:21am On Jan 13, 2013
Haa.. its a pratical aspect of shaking off problems nd evil manipulation.. Ah i trust C.A.C cheesy dr neva slugish wt prayers
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by sunnyt1(m): 11:22am On Jan 13, 2013
Thats the trend, U know d saying "go with d flow, go wia d wind blows"

Wait a minute, is dia a particular way to pray? Are u suppose to lie down, kneel down or . . . . . . ?
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by djeezy(m): 11:24am On Jan 13, 2013
It became widespread as a result of "Follow follow" syndrome.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by bleeztouch(m): 11:26am On Jan 13, 2013
To impress you dat they can pray wella
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by ziccoit: 11:27am On Jan 13, 2013
Efisi
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by solid3(m): 11:30am On Jan 13, 2013
Wan so oko adura ni

they are throwing stones of prayer.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by GentleNaaz(m): 11:30am On Jan 13, 2013
Evry one has hs/ha partern of prayer. As 4 me, am a core pentecostal dude. Ok, lets prayer!
*speakn in tongues* ribobobobosakalaya kindalaya,(shakes my head vigorosly), any pesn on NL,maleke sumdaka bugi slasina desia(shks my head agn),dat wl spk against pentecostal( jumps up n down, shks my head vigorosly) kakutele rimamama ribobobo sutala kima(wipes heat, shks my head agn), oh! My father hv mercy on dm

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Builder: 11:34am On Jan 13, 2013
sagytarius™:

thah thah thah thah thoh thoh thoh!!! Sherimama shantarashiba!! I rebuke you for calling him a fool.

Oyemachara ratatatata buyashaga toto bamangatuko. i rebuke evil... make i go piss i dey come

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by Ganys: 11:34am On Jan 13, 2013
Most of them are as good as professional comedian undecided
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by dnawah(m): 11:37am On Jan 13, 2013
Is not all ok,and those that do that are on they own.have u ever seen any of the top pastors do that?christianity get levels ok
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by pareto(m): 11:42am On Jan 13, 2013
Done unconsciously,

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? by KINGwax(m): 11:45am On Jan 13, 2013
Zikdik: Most Pentecostal Christians have formed an habit of shaking their heads and other body parts vigorously while saying their prayers.
since i biliv d OP: zidik, is a muslim, then the answer u seek lies in the same reasons all muslims knock their head on the floor in form on bowin. No wonder they loose their senses and become realistic brain-shaken terrorists.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It / Prophet Tb Joshua On Tbn / 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.