Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,218 members, 7,780,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:46 PM

Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens (24661 Views)

Lawmaker's Cloth Torn After The Fight At The National Assembly (Photos) / Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR / Stop Visiting War-torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by segunsd: 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2012
President Robert Mugabe’s wife, Grace has blasted members of Nigerian preacher TB Joshua’s church who frequently fly out of Zimbabwe going for healing and other church meetings.

Mrs Mugabe said Zimbabweans should not waste their money visiting foreign prophets but should instead seek salvation cheaper locally.

Addressing thousands of Christians of the Zimbabwe Assemblies of God Africa, ZAOGA, at the Today’s Women Conference at Glamis Stadium in Harare yesterday, Grace referred to Christians who visit what she termed war-torn countries naming Nigerian and Ghana, of which it could be only TB Joshua’s country Nigeria since it is the other of the two which is war torn.

“I really don’t understand why scores of people are putting their faith on foreign preachers. They are having to raise a lot of money to visit them when in Zimbabwe we are blessed with anointed people of God who are able to do even greater things,” she said.

Grace Mugabe’s comments come at a time when scores of Zimbabweans, including Cabinet ministers, are flock¬ing to countries such as Ghana and Nigeria seeking divine intervention.

“It doesn’t matter which denomina¬tion you belong to, we are all seeking one God. Believe in our prophets and stop wasting money visiting faraway countries. In Zimbabwe we have people who, through prayer, can heal you from your sickness and restore your broken marriage.

“People have this misconception that Zimbabweans do not know how to pray. Little do they know that we have a lot of anointed people who are able to help us because they know the environ¬ment that we are operating under. A closer look at the countries which are being thronged by our people reveals that they are torn by war and hunger,” she said.

Grace Mugabe told the thousands of people who attended the last day of the conference, organised by Prophetess Eunor Guti of the Zimbabwe Assem¬blies of God, that she also seeks the help of local spiritual leaders.

“I might be Grace Mugabe of Zimbabwe, but I cannot do it all on my own,” she said to wild applause.

“I go to Amai Guti seeking guid¬ance and she prays for me. The prayers enable me to keep my family and life together. I see God’s power in her and I have come to realise that God gives you people in your life to do certain tasks that you cannot do on your own because they are anointed in that area.

“There is no point in trying to com¬pete or badmouth the anointed because theirs is a gift from God.”

Amai Mugabe added that she also believes in fasting as she seeks God.

“Prayer and fasting have sustained me and I have also learnt to ask God for wisdom every day.

“The book of James 1:5 says: ‘If any of you lack wisdom, let them ask of God, who gives to all men liberally and upbraids not, and it shall be given him.’

“To know what to do require wis¬dom that comes from God,” she said.

The conference ran from November 8-10 and attracted dele¬gates from more than 182 countries. [indepthafrica]

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=61103

2 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2012
when in Zimbabwe we are blessed with anointed people of God who are able to do even greater things ” she said.
e.g Prophet Ulbert Angel
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by azpekuliar: 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2012
Oh! She's right!

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by redsun(m): 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
The ignorance of african elites is unfarthomable.

18 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Dainfamous: 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2012
she is not lying nigeria is at war...

7 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by redsun(m): 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
Of course she is not lying,but the issue that brought it up is so irrelevant.

The advice she is giving her people not go to nigeria for is no different from what she is advicing to do in zimbabwe,except for the foreign exchange that could remain in the country,in the hands of the thieving bishops,if they dont travel to nigeria.

It is not about their own safety or about their mental salvations,but about enriching the zimbabwean clergiesinstead of nigerian jet throttling ones.

9 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by fergusen: 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2012
grin grin
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2012
People have this misconception that Zimbabweans do not know how to pray. Little do they know that we have a lot of anointed people who are able to help us because they know the environment that we are operating under. A closer look at the countries which are being thronged by our people reveals that they are torn by war and hunger,” Grace Mugabe said.

Grace Mugabe clearly has a dissenting opinion on one of Nigeria's highest grossing exports grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Iykopee(m): 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2012
War torn zimbabwe or nigeria? undecided

9 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by PaulJohn1: 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2012
acidosis™:

e.g Prophet Ulbert Angel

The guy is even a strong follower of T.B. Joshua.

Imagine Zimbabwe to Nigeria undecided

Zimbabwe shocked shocked of all countries in the world

The word "Zimbabwe" is not even recognized by Nairaland spelling check grin

17 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by temujin1234: 4:51pm On Nov 11, 2012
She must put her own house in order first.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2012
The giant of Africa grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by ochallo: 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
is this not the woman whose husband has spent 100 years in office, of course, she would say something daft, she doesn't want them to get exposure so that they don't eventually send them packing.

9 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by lafuria1(m): 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2012
irony.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2012
Paul John:

The guy is even a strong follower of T.B. Joshua.
Yep..

I guess Zimbabwe pastors are loosing their members..

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
Women undecided
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by slimyem: 5:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
She is not to blame..
Nigeria put the words in her mouth..
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Egbagirl(f): 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
temujin1234: She must put her own house in order first.

according to my peeps there, their house might just be better than ours. with all the bad news that eminates from NG everyday, it might be better to live there sef. (also speaking from experience) The economy might not be 100% BUT life is less stressful there jare and the environment/atmosphere sef fit make person stay for that side. Little wonder some Zimbabweans are beginning to dislike nIgerians cause dem too plenty for dat side and of course, as usual, they are taking over in business.

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by I2likewoman: 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
[s][/s]grin grin they won't allow us export our goods. Smh
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by manny4life(m): 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
Perfect case of pot calling kettle black.

A nation with the highest hyperinflation ever recorded? shocked shocked shocked shocked

The lady is indeed correct because trading N1 for 1million Zimbabwean dollar will mean any of their citizen visiting Nigeria is gonna need 10 Ghana-Must-Go bags just to purchase bread. She indirectly telling her citizens, you cannot afford the average Nigerian lifestyle.

6 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
Choi! See shot! cheesy
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by dannywest: 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2012
LOL!!!! Its normal though, failures try to see their short-comings in others, so..... Madam, accept my sympathy... E go better one day.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
That Grace Mugabe is high on crack.
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by DANILSA(m): 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
THE OP WAS ONLY SUGGESTING, BECAUSE AM STILL SEARCHING FOR WERE THE FIRST LADY THAT CANT COMPETE WITH OUR GOVERNORS WIFE OPENED HER MOUTH TO SAY NIGERIA IS WAR-TORN AND HUNGRY, NIGERIA MIGHT NOT BE THE WAY WE WANT IT, BUT IT'S STILL BETTER THAN HUNGER STRICKEN ZIMBABWE AND MOST AFRICAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES.AMADIOHA NA SANGO TIPIAKWA UNU ISI.

1 Like

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by dzak(m): 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
mcheeew.... See dis superblackies dey diss 9ja, with their red eyes n brown teeth....na jealous go kill them, yeye dey smell.....#put bk his glasses n goes 2 nxt thread#....
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Pakavy(m): 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
slimyem: She is not to blame..
Nigeria put the words in her mouth..
u said my mind.nid i say more..tnk u
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by pak: 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
Thief ! Why not ask God to cure your kleptomanic urge and addictive shopping before coming out to bad mouth other people.

The funny thing about africans is that they/we commit the worst of crimes and then turn around and claim to be closer to God than every other person

3 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Carlmax(m): 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
acidosis™:

e.g Prophet Ulbert Angel

Who he be?.. A prophet close to my house in sapele has been shouting on his speakers that this Prophet Angel would be coming to his crusade some time in December... Na so d guy get power?
Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2012
she is only afraid that Bro. Joshua, seen large number of Zimbabweans, may predict the iminent death of her worn-out husband

3 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2012
Carlmax:

Who he be?.. A prophet close to my house in sapele has been shouting on his speakers that this Prophet Angel would be coming to his crusade some time in December... Na so d guy get power?

That man dey see o my brother..
but I'm not a fan of all that! I don't need a prophet to tell me my phone number.. I know it already.

Aside that, the man is a great PREACHER. His wife is also a prophetess..

3 Likes

Re: Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
NA WA OH! This is a very big slap on our face! Omo the woman finish us no be small! Nigeria,a worn torn country? DAMN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan / Senator Bukola Saraki In Lagos To Meet With PDP Delegates / 2023: Why Buhari May Never Support Tinubu, Osinbajo’s Candidacy - Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.