Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million (12625 Views)

Nigeria's Population To Surpass U.S By 2050 / Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year / Boko Haram Terrorism: We Have Found The Solution – Army Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
Nigeria: Aftermath of Violent Attacks - Bauchi's Population Hits 7 Million
Violent attacks by terrorists groups in parts of the North are now causing unexpected socio-economic problems for Bauchi, one of the states in the region considered relatively peaceful and progressive.

Findings by Sunday Vanguard revealed that no fewer than three million persons fleeing from the spate bombings in the neighbouring states in the region, now make their temporary homes in Bauchi, thereby adding to the state's burden.

It was learnt that the state, credited with a population of 4.6 million residents according to the 2006 population census, is now grappling with how to cater for a surging population of seven million.

Bauchi, which is not an oil-producing state and depends on its agrarian economy and a monthly allocation of between N3 billion and N3.5 billion from the centre, is said to be experiencing serious financial difficulty, as a result of the development

Governor Isa Yuguda lamented the ugly development in the state in an exclusive interview with Sunday Vanguard last night.

Yuguda, a chartered banker and politician, regretted that his state has had to grapple with a problem it did not create and had drawn the attention of the Federal Government to the burden it was being exposed to as a result of rising security challenges in the North.

Yuguda noted, "We are now struggling to cope with the large number of victims of violence streaming daily into Bauchi and we believe that at a point the Federal Government will come to the aid of the state.

"As a responsive and responsible administration, I have taken steps to provide emergency accommodation and other facilities to provide some form of succor to these displaced persons as part of our contribution to humanity".
Source
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by GCRS87: 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2012
Mallam Yuguda, shey u were once said to support the Boko boys financially. Dnt cry to fed. Govt. for help, seems u're not havin alot to steal. Talk to ur boiz (Boko haramist) to stop the bombings so dat dos lookn for safety in ur state wil go bak to dia respectiv states. U're givn boko haram money evry month to spare ur state (jst ma thought).

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by Wilfredng: 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2012
GCRS87: Mallam Yuguda, shey u were once said to support the Boko boys financially. Dnt cry to fed. Govt. for help, seems u're not havin alot to steal. Talk to ur boiz (Boko haramist) to stop the bombings so dat dos lookn for safety in ur state wil go bak to dia respectiv states. U're givn boko haram money evry month to spare ur state (jst ma thought).

hehehe... this country funny sha... lmao.
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by topsyking: 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
I AV BEEN DREAMING OF ViSITING YANKARI GAME RESERVE IN BAUCHI since I was young but I don't think I will ever visit the place and see the wildlife of naija... BOKO HARAM av really mess up d North bigtime

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by samfibby(m): 7:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
He wants more from federal allocation. Sharp man

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by chidyke77(m): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
GCRS87: Mallam Yuguda, shey u were once said to support the Boko boys financially. Dnt cry to fed. Govt. for help, seems u're not havin alot to steal. Talk to ur boiz (Boko haramist) to stop the bombings so dat dos lookn for safety in ur state wil go bak to dia respectiv states. U're givn boko haram money evry month to spare ur state (jst ma thought).
true,he shld nt blame anyone.
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
They are chasing my fellow citizens away from their town, it hurts really. The economic is going to get worse and it's the citizens who suffer, these guys are bankrolled by a 'cabal'
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by kevoh(m): 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
I can't believe I am this insensitive to their plight as a fellow Nigerian cry . But who cares? Boko haram can as well take the North back to the stone age with their senseless bombings. Na dem go lose na!

Businesses are disappearing at a fast rate, no corps member wants to serve there to offer free teaching services to
their kids who already lack basic education, everything is just down down down.

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by talktrue1(m): 7:46pm On Nov 11, 2012
He want to increase his contribution to BH
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by Odianose13(m): 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2012
Yuguda na funny man o!. The bobo dey fight for extra allocation...... He needs an unarguable govt approved private jet with siren on top..... Hehehehehehe

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by nafdacjoe: 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
Just wondering

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by Wilfredng: 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
kevoh: I can't believe I am this insensitive to their plight as a fellow Nigerian cry . But who cares? Boko haram can as well take the North back to the stone age with their senseless bombings. Na dem go lose na!

Businesses are disappearing at a fast rate, no corps member wants to serve there to offer free teaching services to
their kids who already lack basic education, everything is just down down down.
No one, I mean no one at all! Pathetic.
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
samfibby: He wants more from federal allocation. Sharp man
Exactly!
More people have fled that state and this man is here spreading propaganda. Is he saying there are no bomb blast in bauchi? The catholic cathedral there was bombed recently. That's 1 to begin with
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by Super1759: 7:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
Am sure he included goat,ram, cow and goat in the counting,even bush rats undecided

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by sademola: 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2012
You guys r just blaming the gov based on hearsay n allegation nt confirmed. That's isn't fair.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by Benzora(m): 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2012
The unabashed inflation of population figures continue. Truth is, the entire north-east is not up to seven million. It's all a lie. How many people has the governor provided camping for? How much has he spent? What is he spending the money on?

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by jude33084(m): 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2012
Super1759: Am sure he included goat,ram, cow and goat in the counting,even bush rats undecided

Hahaha guy you are funny cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by EdwinB1(m): 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
Hmmm! NORTH=NOTHING
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by gramci: 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
Is there empirical evidence to support this figure?
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2012
This is a fat white lie.
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by muktarmtt(m): 8:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
Benzora: The unabashed inflation of population figures continue. Truth is, the entire north-east is not up to seven million. It's all a lie. How many people has the governor provided camping for? How much has he spent? What is he spending the money on?
shut up mumu ware u get ur info u jst run ur mouth stupid funk ass
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by DonHummer(m): 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2012
I tink dis yughort guy is a crook,,,,he is jst tryin to tak advantage of the whole situation,,,even bauchi is nt safe,,,,so let hm save that story 4 his mama.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by stjudas(m): 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2012
Allahu akbar...... What you see in the north is a mandate from Allah to our dear Jihadist....

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by whirlwind7(m): 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2012
Bauchi state (and all other states in Nigeria) has no reliable population data to begin with. We all know that present population figures are sham.
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by 5much(m): 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
d guy wants more pay from d centre. who doesn't want more money.
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by petrov10: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
grin
muktar mtt: shut up mumu ware u get ur info u jst run ur mouth stupid funk ass
aboki kip quiet

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by LeJeun3: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
topsyking: I AV BEEN DREAMING OF ViSITING YANKARI GAME RESERVE IN BAUCHI since I was young but I don't think I will ever visit the place and see the wildlife of naija... BOKO HARAM av really mess up d North bigtime

Hey, Don't give up! Where yankari is, U'll always be safe. Its either U choose the wild animals or the .................. grin

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by petrov10: 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2012
stjudas: Allahu akbar...... What you see in the north is a mandate from Allah to our dear Jihadist....
ur fada

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by sonyjacobs(m): 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2012
grin he should set up a refugee camp for them
Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by greall1: 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2012
ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp don"t insult me,we have tired reading boko things

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million by ndala(m): 9:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
greall1: ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp don"t insult me,we have tired read boko things
ur own don start? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wives Are Not Relegated To ‘other Room’, Atiku Mock Buhari / APC Will Retain Governorship Seat In Osun — Tinubu / Police Promotes 632 Senior Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.