Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection (2163 Views)

How Do I Configure My China Phone (fake Iphone) For Internet Use? / Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection / Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection by emeka88(m): 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2008
Nairalanders, I need someone to help me out on how to configure my multilinks internet connection.
Before now, I have been using my multilinks phone to browse though It was configured at multilinks office at Abuja (I took the phone and the cpu there). After I formatted my system due to a booting problem it had, and reinstalled windows xp, i have since not been able to configure it myself inorder to browse, and taking it to multilinks office for configuration again will be very difficult for me because of distance and weight of the cpu.
I would appreciate any form of help from you guys. Preferably the steps by steps method of configuring it in windows xp.
I have with me the cable, phone, cable drivers, username and password.
Re: Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection by VALLYO: 4:36pm On Feb 03, 2008
emeka, anybody can not configure your multilinks internet.it needs a special code depending on the phone you are using.call me 7808004
Re: Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection by dragnet: 8:36am On Feb 04, 2008
emeka88, come & post this topic at the phone section & I'm sure u'd get reliable help there wink
Re: Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection by gizmokid(m): 9:07pm On Feb 10, 2008
if you haven't solved the problem download the manual at multilinks' website its quite easy. the manual has picture aid everything you need.
Re: Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection by RobertsAyo: 12:56pm On Feb 12, 2008
for all issues on multilinks, you can get on touch with me and it will be resolved. thanks. 08059968606
Re: Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection by Ralvy(m): 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2008
I have never used multilinks. . .
But it's probably one of those things . . .

Connect Your Nokia (I guess) to the computer system . . .
If the "Found new hardware" wizard pops up, insert the driver CD and install drivers . .
After completing the driver setup . .
We know the phone is good to go with the system . .

Go to My Network Places
On the left side bar, click on "View Network Connection".

Still on the Network Tasks on the left, click on "Create a new Connection"

A box comes up welcoming You to the "New Connection Wizard" setup .
Click on next, use the 1st option "Connect to the Internet",
on the next screen, select "Setup my Connection Manually"

Now select, "Connect using a Dial up Modem"

ISP name: Put in "Multilinks"
Ph #: For the phone no, type in "#777" (without quotes)

Click on next and type in your user name and password,
Check the two options below.

And click "Finish", the wizard will congratulate You.

You can add a shortcut to desktop if u like . . .
Now, connect the phone and try to reconnect . .

& Please, next time - let us kow the OS u use, The above guide will work on XP.

I have never used multilinks, but I know their phone no is #777 . .
So just try that out . .

Experience more problems?

E-mail me: [email]ralph@nigerianbase.com[/email]

or refer to the multilinks website

Re: Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection by Ralvy(m): 5:15pm On Feb 12, 2008
Alright Emeka,
I got an official guide from the multilinks website . .
I zipped everything, its called "multilinks bundle".

I couldn't upload it here on nairaland 'because the max upload limit is 200KB.

I hosted it [url=http://nigerianbase.com/index.php/topic,74.msg932.html#msg932]here[/url] .
Feel free to download.

Size= 950KB
Re: Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection by Koolwilly(m): 11:56am On Jul 17, 2008
please i need help on how to configure my multilinks phone. Nokia2125 each time i insert the cable it tells searches for me usb-serial controller
Re: Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection by Mustay(m): 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2008
Koolwilly:

please i need help on how to configure my multilinks phone. Nokia2125 each time i insert the cableĀ  it tells searches for me usb-serial controller

meaning it ain't recognised
Re: Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection by Koolwilly(m): 12:04pm On Jul 17, 2008
@mustay What do you sugest iu do
Re: Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection by Mustay(m): 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2008
Read this post first and tell us where your problem occured;

Ralvy:

I have never used multilinks. . .
But it's probably one of those things . . .

Connect Your Nokia (I guess) to the computer system . . .
If the "Found new hardware" wizard pops up, insert the driver CD and install drivers . .
After completing the driver setup . .
We know the phone is good to go with the system . .

Go to My Network Places
On the left side bar, click on "View Network Connection".

Still on the Network Tasks on the left, click on "Create a new Connection"

A box comes up welcoming You to the "New Connection Wizard" setup .
Click on next, use the 1st option "Connect to the Internet",
on the next screen, select "Setup my Connection Manually"

Now select, "Connect using a Dial up Modem"

ISP name: Put in "Multilinks"
Ph #: For the phone no, type in "#777" (without quotes)

Click on next and type in your user name and password,
Check the two options below.

And click "Finish", the wizard will congratulate You.

You can add a shortcut to desktop if u like . . .
Now, connect the phone and try to reconnect . .

& Please, next time - let us kow the OS u use, The above guide will work on XP.

I have never used multilinks, but I know their phone no is #777 . .
So just try that out . .

Experience more problems?

E-mail me: [email]ralph@nigerianbase.com[/email]

or refer to the multilinks website
Re: Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection by Seun(m): 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2008
There should be a guide available on the multilinks website.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Help On How To Download 2go Chat On My Htc Version 6.1 / PLEASE HOW DO I TRACE THIS GUY? / My Infinix Note 2 Camera Is Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.