Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket (15009 Views)

When Taking A Bucket Bath, Do You Sponge From Head To Toe Or The Reversal? / 7 Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men / Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by WackyJ1(m): 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2012
J12: I understand the purpose of this thread. Should all women show love to each other just because they are the same gender? Thats lame and stupid
You obviously don't understand what the OP IS talking about.. You're asking that question as if you've never observed women before

1 Like

Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2012
@topic,
What Op said was true, women commonly have foolish and meaningless beef for each other. A woman can decide to beef another woman for no other reason other than because she is female.
Annoying creatures.
Even some of the women that complain about the unnecessary beefing are experts in doing the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by crackhaus: 8:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
The battle of the sexes has been fought, won and done a long time ago. Yet I still hear phrases like 'Girl power' and 'who run the world? Girls'. Op, you're a lady & you're not afraid of the truth! Thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by WackyJ1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
Mehn this is true but in nairaland's 7 years of existence why is it just now that a thread like this is coming up...
That's how women are, in secondary school back then all the guys would align together and laugh and make jokes and There was this particular guy that made some jokes that all the guys laughed too at that point the girls scorned that we guys should continue following the boy like Zombies, in my mind i said that it is better to do so than to be like the girls who segregated themselves in groups of two two and antagonised each other.
This thing is so common among Them that guys use it well to their advantage, a guy can be dating two girls at the same time and the two girls might be friends but they'll never know that they are dating the same guy even though they talk to each other because they try to hide it from themselves believing that the other might be up to no good..
That is how a guy can sleep with a girl and then her friend because of this secret war among them

1 Like

Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by samfibby(m): 8:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
Yeah, at least they don't settle their mid-understanding by drive-by shootings or cult clashes
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by virgo(f): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
dabrake: Most of them make me laugh. It's just like blacks mouthing 'we rule the world' without uniting. Just as the whites laugh out blacks stupeedity, Nigerian men will always overshadow their opposite sex.
2 years ago, one Sarah Jubril decided to run for the office of the president under the platform of PDP and we all saw how she became a metaphor of one-(wo)man-one-vote despite the presence of many female delegates.

I agree that the Sarah Jubril case exposed our lack of unity. However, I am hopeful that discussions like these will help us see the importance of sticking together.
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2012
@ OP: you are so right! Women are really are own worst enemies. You walk along d street and unknown women are flashing daggers at u while u feel their eyes skim over your entire outfit from head to toe! I have never been close to my fellow women. All my close pals are/ have been guys. Uni days taught me a huge moral lesson when it comes to women -we are unnecessarily mean, petty and rivalry. Even d ones that don't really know u! And just by mistake commit d added "sins" of being in a stable relationship, have a nice car(s) and a good job, then u are finished! Mehn..I just can't deal.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by minute(f): 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
Wow! Definition of irony.

I can't actually answer that because I'm frozen in the blinding glare

of your judgemental scrutiny. Maybe some other time.
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by virgo(f): 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2012
J12: I understand the purpose of this thread. Should all women show love to each other just because they are the same gender? Thats lame and stupid

I want to believe your thinking abilities are not impaired in any way, but I could be wrong and you might need to read that article slowly again. Word. For. Word. wink
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by virgo(f): 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
fellis: @topic,
What Op said was true, women commonly have foolish and meaningless beef for each other. A woman can decide to beef another woman for no other reason other than because she is female.
Annoying creatures.
Even some of the women that complain about the unnecessary beefing are experts in doing the same thing.

I agree. What do you think can be done to foster unity among women?
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by virgo(f): 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
minute: Wow! Definition of irony.

"Blinding glare of your judgemental scrutiny" undecided

Like a few others before you, I am afraid you missed the point completely. smiley
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by deols(f): 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
I'd rather see it as an individual thing.

The life uv lived, ur experiences and age are determining factors

1 Like

Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by Emmymill: 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: Ohhhhhhhhhhh why all dis long tuaranchi giving someone headache....I come to nairaland for info and all dis long stories can be summarised in a sentence “my mama and sis are crabs“ chikena
. Gbam! grin
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by pak: 9:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
@Virgo

as per the authentication issue, am talking bout the blog hosting this article.
When I open it on ma mozilla browser, keeps askin for username and password.

Nice article though.

As per Sarah Jibril . . . . .
that has nothing to do with womanhood, her campaign was a big joke.

Why should anyone vote for a poor candidate to be president of our country just because she's a woman.

I agree with the article but that example doesn't represent.
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
fellis:

Why will women build housewhen men are scared of successful women?

Do you assume that women are not also ambitious or that they don't want the nice things in life?

If a woman builds a house the next thing you see is that men start running away from her or considering her to be 'bad market' because in their mind the woman will want to control them after they get married since they are both living in her house.

Same thing goes for owning businesses or pursuing post graduate degrees.

These things scare men off and a lot of women don't want to remain unmarried so they kill their ambitions so that they can attract a man because men seem to think that all successful women would turn out to be control freaks after marriage.

That's intelligence in display. I won't be jealous though... You seem to be speaking as a MATURE SPINSTER. Are you?
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
virgo:

I agree that the Sarah Jubril case exposed our lack of unity. However, I am hopeful that discussions like these will help us see the importance of sticking together.
Virgo... Stop the BLIND ARGUMENT!
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by GeneralGaricks: 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
virgo:

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry to this post, but thank you Callotti, I appreciate your honest contribution. smiley

Very dishonest contribution. Ask me why. Oya, define BLOKUS.
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2012
minute: Wow! Definition of irony.

Omo Ile iwè...
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2012
virgo:

200 days of INTENSE PRAYERS AND FASTING... The Revival in Azusa street came as a result of a100days Prayers and Fasting.Nigerian Women needs laying of Hands and Legs...
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by virgo(f): 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
pak: @Virgo

as per the authentication issue, am talking bout the blog hosting this article.
When I open it on ma mozilla browser, keeps askin for username and password.

Nice article though.

As per Sarah Jibril . . . . .
that has nothing to do with womanhood, her campaign was a big joke.

Why should anyone vote for a poor candidate to be president of our country just because she's a woman.

I agree with the article but that example doesn't represent.

I am sorry about the issue with the browser. I have no idea why that is happening.

As for Sarah, she might not have been the best candidate at that convention but the truth is, if more women had rallied behind her, she would have gotten more than just that single vote.
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
virgo:

200 days of INTENSE PRAYERS AND FASTING... The Revival in Azusa street came as a result of a 100days Prayers and Fasting.Nigerian Women needs a double coupled with hourly laying of Hands and Legs...
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by virgo(f): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
emusmith:
Virgo... Stop the BLIND ARGUMENT!

Hi, I can't remember arguing with you.
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by GeneralGaricks: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
Revolva: A woman can't assist her fellow girlfriends to grow in sense of advise and for friends sake - even dash her fellow gals some money - they too get inferiority complex and that's killing most of them and our naija gals are the worst sets - woman no dey ever plan to build house all they want is at the moment but the brokest male have a dream to build a house or buy a ride - make ur research

You are very right. Most women dont dream. All they want is momentary happiness which fades.

I once told a working class lady who is a close relative to me to buy a car for herself. She said no, ''my husband will buy me a car when i marry''. How do you now talk of building house Thank God for her, the husband has bought her a car.

But the worst case would even be a woman that works at cross purposes with her husband.
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by GeneralGaricks: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
colly227: All da ladies on Nairaland no longer have access to internet grin......where are they?

Have u not heard They are all inside a bucket.

3 Likes

Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by virgo(f): 9:41pm On Nov 18, 2012
emusmith:

200 days of INTENSE PRAYERS AND FASTING... The Revival in Azusa street came as a result of a 100days Prayers and Fasting.Nigerian Women needs a double coupled with hourly laying of Hands and Legs...

Your response to Fellis --> "That's intelligence in display...". Your response to me --> "Women needs a double coupled with laying of hands and legs...".

You might want to check your grammar before teaching people how to argue. kiss
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by chessguru1(m): 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2012
I personally think its d 'BIT*ch' factor dat is innate in most women. It's just something dats in dem. I can count how many girls ave met that prefer 2 have male frnds than female frnds.
Can't blame dem, whn everything becomes a competition among women. The result is jealousy nd envy.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by chessguru1(m): 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2012
General Garicks:

Have u not heard They are all inside a bucket.
Looooool
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by goofie: 10:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
190: This topic should rather be:

Nigerian women are like Soldier ants in a bucket angry
190 don't lemme start wit u 2nyt n ur hate or masked love 4 nigerian women.

Back 2 d topic,women beef each oda 4 very flimsy things. A lady may see a chick dressd very elegantly.instead of commenting n apreciating d person,she'l start 2 frown n nose up.

Its a very bad attitude n we shld try 2 look out 4 each oda

1 Like

Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by chessguru1(m): 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
virgo:

Honestly....nothing!! Just like nothing can b done 2 foster unity among d crabs (no insult intended here). Its nature
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by chessguru1(m): 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
190: This topic should rather be:

Nigerian women are like Soldier ants in a bucket angry
Buhahaha lol na die u dey if u mistakenly fall put inside dat bucket grin
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
this should be the post/thread of the week.very insightfull post.no one, i repeat no one can disagree with this post

spot on!.let us in our endeavour of advicing the females not bash them but give reasonable advices which will help to curb or eradicate this stupid mentality

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DEAL: Get The Perfect Niched Nigerian Instagram Accounts For Your Brand / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? / Guide On How To Track A Mobile Number Using Truecaller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.