Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,531 members, 7,801,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket (15004 Views)

When Taking A Bucket Bath, Do You Sponge From Head To Toe Or The Reversal? / 7 Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men / Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by kedukc(m): 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by fluffybaby(f): 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
Lexoria:

You might have a point here but Women should still have other womens back.If there's anyone to be bitter and jealous and calllous and judgemental to,its the men.

My dear you are right. Its just that our women have been brain washed to fear life without a man. And taught to fear fellow women who can be child bearing, better looking, rich, humble, content,carefree, happily married,career built or any other quality that they feel will make the other woman seem to be above and better than them.
If they rebel against men, who wiLl marry them? Besides men will quickly place rules to clip their wings tighter. From tender age girls have been competing with each other finner dress, longest hair, fairest skin, most toasted, most janded etc. And men also make us feel like there's always another babe out there waiting to take our places so we draw out our claws for potential man and attention snatchers.
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by ayobase(m): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
OP, believe me, this issue can never be resolved.
It's one of the constants about femalehood.
It started long time ago, and from infantry is develops into incurable diseases.
Men are also past of the cause of the problem. It all boils to the fact of impressing and looking good for us...the jealousy starts from there....like a competition that has unconsciously eaten deep into them!
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
virgo:

I want to believe your thinking abilities are not impaired in any way, but I could be wrong and you might need to read that article slowly again. Word. For. Word. wink

I understood the article very well and I can relate to the writers point - that women envy themselves and are bitchy to one another over petty issues. I still think it doesn't make sense and this shouldn't be an issue at all.
Women still relate well and better among themselves than they do with men.
Women like that(spiteful, bitchy, envious women) are few, there are also men like that (men who are spiteful to fellow men over petty issues)
Women stick together and fight towards issues concerning them than men do.
That's the world we live in, it has been so since millenniums ago and it won't.
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by virgo(f): 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
J12:

I understood the article very well and I can relate to the writers point - that women envy themselves and are bitchy to one another over petty issues. I still think it doesn't make sense and this shouldn't be an issue at all.
Women still relate well and better among themselves than they do with men.
Women like that(spiteful, bitchy, envious women) are few, there are also men like that (men who are spiteful to fellow men over petty issues)
Women stick together and fight towards issues concerning them than men do.
That's the world we live in, it has been so since millenniums ago and it won't.

Okay, thank you for stating your point clearly. smiley
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by virgo(f): 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
ayobase: OP, believe me, this issue can never be resolved.
It's one of the constants about femalehood.
It started long time ago, and from infantry is develops into incurable diseases.
Men are also past of the cause of the problem. It all boils to the fact of impressing and looking good for us...the jealousy starts from there....like a competition that has unconsciously eaten deep into them!

Hmmmm, this still brings me back to my assertions that the pettiness among some women is due to society's conditioning. So there might just be hope after all. smiley
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by ayobase(m): 12:04am On Nov 20, 2012
virgo:

Hmmmm, this still brings me back to my assertions that the pettiness among some women is due to society's conditioning. So there might just be hope after all. smiley

My Sister, lets not be on a dose of hopeless hope.
This is trend, and it will forever be!
Sorry if Im being pessimistic
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by pleep(m): 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
What a topic? Nairaland females are so confused.. If you are a woman who else are you supposed to be competing against? You are supposed to be competing with each other!

Us men KNOW and accept the fact that we are supposed to be competing with each other, not with women. The best man wins the best woman, the best job, the best car. Its the point of life. Do you really expect another female to help you get a better job or a better man than her? This feminism has confused Nigerian women well well ooo
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by tpia1: 2:43am On Nov 28, 2012
Because of eve.
Re: Why Women Are Like Crabs In A Bucket by tpia5: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
Women are their own worst enemies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pipeline Explosion Rocks Sagamu / DEAL: Get The Perfect Niched Nigerian Instagram Accounts For Your Brand / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.