Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? (13240 Views)

Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? / Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You? / How Do You Punish Your Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by jude33084(m): 3:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
jammyng: First of all, how are older are you than they?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by SisiKill1: 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2012
ngmart: First of all take away their phone to deprive them from 2go
because 2go is possess it has the tendency to lead people astray
And all those people who went astray before 2go, what made them so. . .2come?

debrief08: They are at a stage when they feel they know it all, want to do and see it all. All you should do now is to seek to understand them and manage this transition well.
I have a teenage neice in my house believe me it took so much wisdom, tact and a reminder from my own sisters about my teeange years before I calmed down and made peace with the situation.
Shouting and constantly punishing them will only push them further to rebelion, sit and talk with them, listen to them! Why do they act out? Who are they trying to impress? If you don't manage them well at this stage it goes very wrong.
Remember your own teenage years and all you had to go through multiply it by 10 because now we have "the kardashians" teaching them all sorts of rubbish, we phones, facebook and chat groups, so manage them well, if you shout and scream without talking all they need is 100 naira for internet cafe.
Stop punishing and start listening

Absolutely correct!!

Especially the punishment leading to more rebellion part.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by zeusd4: 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
flog a child n bear he/her rod.. Dis is hw it has bein dis days.
The solution is to ignore them. Youth now adays hate it when they are ignored. Ignored in the sence that there activities are monitored instead of bein shout on or cained they are ignored. This leave them at the messy of the almighty conscience.
After a while of continuious mis-behaviour call her(teen) and talk to her on the subject matters. Play the game of strong reasons and advice her about future goals and how there present actions can affect their said future.
Finally, after all has bein said and done leave the rest to God. I will say watch and pray.
God bless u.......
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by vivianc(f): 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2012
Thanks guys for all your contributions. Honestly, I have talked, taught, come down to their level, advised, played, beat but none is just working! Its just so frustrating! Two of them are partners in crime.
They are already technologically grounded............

Well, I have resolved to separate them, send the older one home to stay with mum........I just hope this method and all your suggestions work.

Thank you once again.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by ipromise: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
iamswizz:
'Exuberance' not *exoberance*.... Quit the grandiloquence.... tongue
A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ now U̶̲̥̅̊'re satisfied? Mcteew
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
huh? queen english? gbosa sad lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Emmy9ite(m): 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
They will get past it. Everyone passed through this stage. Just dont focus on the negetive things they do cos the law of attraction will always bring more negetive things to you. Focus on the positives things and compliment them on it.
Go and sin no more!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by sleekdot(m): 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
Send them to born2fuck
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
nikkyshyne: How much are u selling?

N50, buy one get one free with free credit inside both. Going......,

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by NEGZY(f): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
Too many immature minds with irrelevant opinions in this forum. When serious issues re brought up,if u dnt av any tangible thing to offer keep quiet or just use a smiley to express urself instead our pouring out nonsense

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
Shieldjnr: Seat them down and have heart to heart talk with them.shear your experiences with them from there they will learn to change

Sit and share. Okay.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
feminine A: Rather than screaming, shouting or even beating them when they misbehave why not calmly as questions,listen and at the end calmly tell them their punishment. Withholding some privileges will surely help but don't overdo it

English wan scatter my head.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 13, 2012
Imo obot: Give them only rice no chiken, let them watch only cattoon network no African Magic. however, if there is no changes over time, just sale them.

Sell. Okay

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
lastpage: I have daughters and the method l used is to "be their best friend from a very early age"!

Not easy but "firmness when needed" and being extremely accommodating and open with them ensures that they feel "easy" in my presence.

I smack my children a lot at around the age of "6 - 10 years" (thats when we "set" the "ground rules" in our father/child relationship).... l also endeavor to be very close to them (by constant reassurance and open display of love, giving gifts, outdoor activities together, like cycling, football, e.t.c) around that period.

E noor easy o but l can tell you It works.

Now, when l just "frown my face", they already know someone has CROSSED A RED LINE!
( over the years, l have "designed" a special type of FROWN that can even kill a Gorilla" grin grin )
I dont even need to say ANYTHING, talkless of shouting!

Its better if our kids can be our "friend" instead of being "afraid" of us,,,,,, ...cos they would outgrow that "fear" one day.... and what would you have left?

Lastpage!

Post a picture of your frowned face so i can understand what you mean to say.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2012

Engli-igbo, am tired of distorted jargon. Infact i will resign my membership in protest.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
vivian chinaza: Thanks guys for all your contributions. Honestly, I have talked, taught, come down to their level, advised, played, beat but none is just working! Its just so frustrating! Two of them are partners in crime.
They are already technologically grounded............

Well, I have resolved to separate them, send the older one home to stay with mum........I just hope this method and all your suggestions work.

Thank you once again.

Chinaza, are you married
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by vivianc(f): 7:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
NEGZY: Too many immature minds with irrelevant opinions in this forum. When serious issues re brought up,if u dnt av any tangible thing to offer keep quiet or just use a smiley to express urself instead our pouring out nonsense

My dear I tire o.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by vivianc(f): 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
okpara ugo:

Chinaza, are you married

Your point is............?
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
@

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Your point is............?

Am just thinking i could help you talk to them. Which i can only do if you are single.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by vivianc(f): 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2012
@chaircover: Thank you, really appreciate. I hope I don't kill them before I apply these words of wisdom.
For the record, all the part they are threading I never threaded! I often ask them "where did you learn all these?" "Have you ever seen me did this".............. They say being the first daughter entails setting good example for the younger ones, so why are they not following my lead?

To be so frank, I don't think I'd keep my cool when for instance they go to church and come back by 4pm instead of 12pm. Especially when the 14yrs old is involved? So how on earth am I supposed to hand them a glass of chilled juice and "talk about it?" So yea I'm usually closer to killing them than I am to talking about it with them!

A friend of mine told me that at this their age, that I should pray they outgrow these things without serious damage.......but I'm so so scared they are about to ruin the life they are so eager to live.

Sometimes too I force myself to pretend I don't care, but the truth is I truly care, and I want them to be the best they can, and even better than me. If there is anyone who should ruin her life to protect them it should be me! There is nothing I wouldn't sacrifice just so they become better, and they are aware of this! So what in God's name is wrong with them?

I should keep my cool and "talk about it" with them? Done! I'm gonna try my best, that's if I don't kill them first!
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by EfemenaXY: 8:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
@ CC...teenage boys (sigh)

How do you get yours to wake up early in the mornings, on week days?

I've talked, begged, cajoled, threatened... now I just let his immediate younger brother set the pace... Don't mention alarm clocks o! Short of using the old fashioned clocks with twin bells on the outside... (sigh)...
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by vivianc(f): 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2012
Modified.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 13, 2012
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
chaircover: LOOOOOOL Efe...... grin grin grin

Hmmmmmmmm tell me about it!! Ipod alarm, blackberry alarm, alarm clock but nothing works apart from my loud screech/yell every morning to wake him up. I am sha just counting until he goes off to uni. If he likes he should be waiting for me to come and wake him up in the morning!
hmm na whch kind boy be that. i dnt use alarm and i wake up at least one hour before my class starts. only thing is i play video games before heading to class. i end up being late tho, well just 10 mins... not bad right
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2012
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
chaircover:

LOL. I believe the truth of the matter is that he ignores the alarms because he knows that mummy has got his back and mummy will wake him up and not let him be late for school angry
that is your fault now. so dont complain lol. ppl like us didnt grow up with fam so we had to learn nd teach ourselves wink
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
Chinaza, seriously i can counsel them and you will see a change for better in one week.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nmeri17: 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2012
Shieldjnr: Seat them
cheesox...seat them dwn grin
Re: How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
okpara ugo: Chinaza, seriously i can counsel them and you will see a change for better in one week.
smh u sound like a perv. no offeinse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives / How's Your Relationship With Your Siblings? Toxic Or Healthy? / Edo Man Returns Wife To Her Parents, Says Her Virginal Is Too Wide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.