Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,095 members, 7,807,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye (843 Views)

Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi / Obasanjo Denies Calling For Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by Idokojimmy: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2012
Yesterday, the Save Nigeria Group in a Lecture Titled State the Nation, held in Lagos maintained that the nation is on the brink of collapse and requires the urgent intervention of all citizens, especially through protest and revolution. The call which was made by mallam Nasir Elrufai, Dino Melaye, and pastor TUNDE Bakare has generated lots of issues. Some analysts, in a bid to trace the origin of Nigeria's problem, argue that our wahala started during the military era. Some maintain that the corruption was compounded by Obasanjo, an administration that recorded retrogressive progress in all sector.
Although the call for change is a commendable one, the characters involved leave everyone wondering about the potency, and workability of their position. For instance, it is a known fact that during Obasanjo's administration, due process, electoral independence/ credible elections, freedom of the press, mass participation in governance, and so on, we're non existent. I recall that Nicolas Bourdeux, a diplomat from France, told journalist in 2004 that the most populous nation on Africa may require the services of a foreign president to get out of its predicament, a position that suggested neocolonialism. Similarly, Thomas Luis in 2006 Satirically asked all Nigerians to leave the administration of the country in their hands for one year, before the country will witness the desired change. Ironically, these assessments were made when both Elrufai and Dino Melaye were active in govt. Elrufai being the closest minister to Obj, and Dino a member of Patricia Etteh's kitchen cabinet. The question is, what did they do to change the situation then? Or is it now that Nigeria's problem is becoming more visible?
While change remains desirable in our polity, political scientists believe that protest and revolution often distort the the course and path of progress. Thinkers advocate for constructive criticism, mass participation and support for govt as a workable tool for advancement. To what extent have the advocate of revolution exploited the dialogue, consultation, and participatory opportunity? Today, security reports indicate that Dino's protests are being sponsored by Indicted oil marketers, who are held bent on stopping the ongoing reform that has ended their corrupt practice. are these the calibre of people that will recommend revolution? Elrufai is currently facing trial for reallocation PHCN plots of land to himself, a situation that has contributed to nonstability of power. We know all their children are abroad, whose children do they intend to use? Revolution starts from the inside, when they are revolutionized, then we will follow.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=104621:nation-drifting-civil-society-warns-seeks-protests&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by yanni1(m): 11:41am On Nov 13, 2012
Idokojimmy: and Dino a member of Patricia Etteh's kitchen cabinet. The question is, what did they do to change the situation then? Or is it now that Nigeria's problem is becoming more visible?
While change remains desirable in our polity, political scientists believe that protest and revolution often distort the the course and path of progress. Thinkers advocate for constructive criticism, mass participation and support for govt as a workable tool for advancement. To what extent have the advocate of revolution exploited the dialogue, consultation, and participatory opportunity? Today, security reports indicate that Dino's protests are being sponsored by Indicted oil marketers, who are held bent on stopping the ongoing reform that has ended their corrupt practice. are these the calibre of people that will recommend revolution? Elrufai is currently facing trial for reallocation PHCN plots of land to himself, a situation that has contributed to nonstability of power. We know all their children are abroad, whose children do they intend to use? Revolution starts from the inside, when they are revolutionized, then we will follow.

Good words...but who has the answer to these questions? do you thing they can give us answers to those questions raised at the last paragragh of your post? I doubt
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by badlucky: 11:49am On Nov 13, 2012
Revolution and mass protest abi? So that Dino will go and give Lola N10m, Bisi 300k for wardrobe, and buy BB for his numerous Ashi. Na their children them go use, yeye people
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by Standing5(m): 11:59am On Nov 13, 2012
Revolution is imminent, no doubt about that. The SNG has only pointed out what is a clear and simple fact to all Nigerians, Mr OP should stop the character game here. What is on ground is bigger than Tunde Bakare, Dino, and El Rufai.
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by Israelmossaic: 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2012
Weighty argument.
Elrufai was a powerful minister during Obj's govt
Dino Melaye one time member of reps
Elrufai facing trial for stealing PHCN plots in Abuja
Dino's protests sponsored by oil thiefs
Dino impregnated Bisi, recommended abortion and later denied
Dino gave Lola N10M for Dinner/ movie launch
Dino once gave Bisi 300k for wardrobe
They both did nothing while in service
They are in the opposition, thus calling for revolution
Elrufai's children school abroad
Do they mean us well? How well did Elrufai advise Obj while in govt? These people are agents. Hypocrites. They can never be trusted.
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by MurphyT1: 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2012
It is no news that corruption is a bane to our country's( Nigeria) development, in as much as we must fight corruption to the later, we must also stand up against those that had opportunity to save Nigeria frm corruption when they were in office. Today, all corrupt politicians suddenly become saints after failed elections, they come together to form an opposition forum to press home their grievances of failed election, and disrupt the government frm providing the electorate with the needed dividends of democracy. They aggrieved politicians achieve this selfish gains in the guise of fighting corruption when they themselves are epiotome of corruption. We all know wot El-rufai did when he was d Fct minister, and many helpless Nigerians he rendered homeless, hw many plots he converted to his own esp dat of PHCN, which if was used to build transmitting station would have helped improved power in d country, does dis kind of man hav the effontry to tell Nigerians that anyone his corrupt? Does he? If he had lived an exemplary life while in office, Nigerians wud hav supported his mission and dat of his cronies Dino Melaye and Buhari. I dnt even want to dwell on Dino, dat one is a puppet in the hands of indicted oil marketers, they use him and pay him to rant and fight govt for their sake, hw many Nigerians who are not corrupt have the kind of wealth Dino has, was it his salary that he use in buying those expensive cars of his and mansions, if not stolen money, today govt doesn't favour them and the capitalize on the gullible nature of Nigerians to make them believe they r saints...We Nigerians must not allow ourselves be used by aggreived politicians who have ammase so much wealth, they must first return wot they stole, the anti corruption must start with them..we must occupy all the El rufais and the Dino Melayes. Enough is Enough.
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by Euroclydon(m): 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
Standing5: Revolution is imminent, no doubt about that. The SNG has only pointed out what is a clear and simple fact to all Nigerians, Mr OP should stop the character game here. What is on ground is bigger than Tunde Bakare, Dino, and El Rufai.

[size=14pt]What kinda revolution is that? and who are behind ur so called revolution? who are those in the SNG? Quit making generalized arguments and narrow it down? There are individuals behind whatever is going on but the truth remains...This country aint breaking up...cos Nigeria is bigger than the individuals trying to manipulate things to the detriment of the general populace collectively NIGERIA
. [size=16pt]UNITED WE STAND![/size][/size]
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by Joeadamu86: 12:28pm On Nov 13, 2012
No doubts we need revolution in every aspect of our lives,but the problem is that those who are calling for these changes have their hands soiled already,just look at the characters involve,is it the fake prophet Tunde Bakare who has demeaned God's name in the name of politics or,Nasir El rufai who is always barking on the social media or Dino Melaye who is so shameless to the extent that his life speaks volumes of his notoriety with women.Change is a constant phenomenon but Nigeria cannot be fixed in a day,all of us were witnesses to these element clamouring for change what did they do while in office,for all I care these are just noise makers.
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by takedat(m): 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2012
The messengers are inconsequential but the message is quite clear and resounding. Nigeria needs a revolution!
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by banki(m): 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
Israelmossaic: Weighty argument.
Do they mean us well? How well did Elrufai advise Obj while in govt? These people are
gents. Hypocrites. They can never be trusted.

i think you should go back and read city people, what has Bisi getting pregnant etc got to do with the issue on ground...

what do you know about el rufai? go to abuja if youve ever been to abuja ask anyone who they think is the best minister of FCT since nigerias return to democracy and they would tell you its mallam nasir el rufai his records are head above hills those of his peers!

They are calling for a revolution and we are calling for a revolution, is Dino in government doesnt he have a right to a private life? how does that make him a hypocrite .... bloody clown
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by BlackMamba2: 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2012
take dat: The messengers are inconsequential but the message is quite clear and resounding. Nigeria needs a revolution!

The devil is in the details... dont ignore the messengers, they have the details, they might just show you what they want you to see... its left for you to put pieces together and figure out the details.
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by bubadaniel13: 1:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
Everybody wants change,but the change must start from the mind,we need to change our orientation completely,we are just emotional people in Nigeria,crowd followers and full of sentiments,these are areas that need resolution,how many times have seen public officials who have stolen monies in court yet,u see people supporting them because they are there kinsmen,the truth of the matter is that we are all corrupt,even the people shouting for revolution how clean are they?we should stop these hypocrisy GEJ is not our problem we are problem of ourselves,let's adrdress our conscience,be patriotic and prayerful all this noise will not take us anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by Olanlere11: 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
banki:

i think you should go back and read city people, what has Bisi getting pregnant etc got to do with the issue on ground...

what do you know about el rufai? go to abuja if youve ever been to abuja ask anyone who they think is the best minister of FCT since nigerias return to democracy and they would tell you its mallam nasir el rufai his records are head above hills those of his peers!

They are calling for a revolution and we are calling for a revolution, is Dino in government doesnt he have a right to a private life? how does that make him a hypocrite .... bloody clown
You can't challenge facts, the simple question he is asking is what was their contribution? Or are they seeing clearly becos they are viewing from the outside? They both failed when they had opportunities. The common man they claim to be fighting for had no place in their govt. now they cry foul cos they are not in power. Ole.
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
Hahahahaha!

Bakare! haba!

You no dey tire? No be you talk say, by October Jonathan no go dey office again?

October don come, pass finish and Jonathan still dey.

Now, you dey talk about December and January?

Anyway, I no blame you.

The President na gentle ma, if not .......

Emm, you say all GOs must go to jail?

Haba Pastor, dem cause you abi na wetin? Why not resign if you know that you have failed God?
Is it every GO that have towed your line?

Besides, I am suprised that your oga refused to represent your BOKO boys, remember, you told us about "wild wild North" if una loose election.

You no dey look news?

Election wey dem do for US, the main opposition candidate don forget the issue just on the same day of election: but you here, its almost 2 years ooooo, I say 2 good years, you still dey fight.

Ok na, no wahala. But I can assure that me I no dey follow you go anywhere.

Events are showing us that Christ will soon come, Pastor go and preach the gospel abeg.

1 Like

Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by 1025: 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
Israelmossaic: Weighty argument.
Do they mean us well? How well did Elrufai advise Obj while in govt? These people are agents. Hypocrites. They can never be trusted.

if u want to criticise people, i want you to start from labrown maku, reuben abati and doyin okupe. if u want to discuss ppl in power or king makers talk about bamanga tukur whose son is a thief and who told us that boko haram is fighting a justified war. talk about alamesieya and bode george who are both ex-convicts. tell me in a simple language why u think the revolution is not long over due in this country. apart from the subsidy scam, what other scam case has been settled under this same govt? tell me how much have been spent on setting up criminal and useless committees and tell me how successful any of these committees have been.
nigerians are suffering in the midst of plenty and you think it will continue like this? God forbid.
we must stand up to these guys and make them understand that they are our enemies and enough is enough.
no matter how anyone wants to rubbish Pst Tunde Bakare, i expected this name calling to have started when he led the protest that brought the dumb and deaf to power. el rufai was brought back by jonathan so he is a good man. let us kill these men and their families because they are using their arm wing(boko haram) to kill us on daily basis.
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
1025:

if u want to criticise people, i want you to start from labrown maku, reuben abati and doyin okupe. if u want to discuss ppl in power or king makers talk about bamanga tukur whose son is a thief and who told us that boko haram is fighting a justified war. talk about alamesieya and bode george who are both ex-convicts. tell me in a simple language why u think the revolution is not long over due in this country. apart from the subsidy scam, what other scam case has been settled under this same govt? tell me how much have been spent on setting up criminal and useless committees and tell me how successful any of these committees have been.
nigerians are suffering in the midst of plenty and you think it will continue like this? God forbid.
we must stand up to these guys and make them understand that they are our enemies and enough is enough.
no matter how anyone wants to rubbish Pst Tunde Bakare, i expected this name calling to have started when he led the protest that brought the dumb and deaf to power. el rufai was brought back by jonathan so he is a good man. let us kill these men and their families because they are using their arm wing(boko haram) to kill us on daily basis.

This revolution,
Will it stop parents from buying promotions and admissions for their children?
Will it stop the Jihardists from thinking about sniffing the blood of the infidels?
Will it make Igbos and Yorubas to stop "fighting" especially on Nairaland?
Will it stop the "Biafra" going on in Plateau State?
Will it stop us from asking for Biafra?
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by 1025: 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2012
noblezone:

This revolution,
Will it stop parents from buying promotions and admissions for their children?
Will it stop the Jihardists from thinking about sniffing the blood of the infidels?
Will it make Igbos and Yorubas to stop "fighting" especially on Nairaland?
Will it stop the "Biafra" going on in Plateau State?
Will it stop us from asking for Biafra?

uncle, all these things u mentioned above are products of corruption.
let me remind u that with justice, development is sure and employment is confirmed. how many bankers do suicide bombing? an idle hand is a devil's workshop. take a trip to countries that have had revolution and u will get the answers to ur question and i want u to look at our closes example which is Ghana. are things not different there today?
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
1025:

uncle, all these things u mentioned above are products of corruption.
let me remind u that with justice, development is sure and employment is confirmed. how many bankers do suicide bombing? an idle hand is a devil's workshop. take a trip to countries that have had revolution and u will get the answers to ur question and i want u to look at our closes example which is Ghana. are things not different there today?
But what about the Mutallab of a guy na? Was the guy poor?

Me thinks differently, corruption is a product of poverty mentality.
Then, Nigeria is so ethnically/religiously incompatible that very soon, you will hear that during the revolution, more hausa leaders were killed than Ijaw leaders.

Can you guys cope with the implications of that scenario?
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by banki(m): 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
Olanlere11:
You can't challenge facts, the simple question he is asking is what was their contribution? Or are they seeing clearly becos they are viewing from the outside? They both failed when they had opportunities. The common man they claim to be fighting for had no place in their govt. now they cry foul cos they are not in power. Ole.

What facts? that i know thousands of civil servants in Abuja that own thier own homes because of a policy brought about by el rufai? That since i have been a resident of abuja since 2007 i can say that el rufais enemies are mostly politicians senators etc that he revoked and demolished houses of! i KNOW THAT he built apo resetllemnt village for those indigines that thier lands were taken awaay! i know he demolished senator sodangi and so many other top senators houses that were ilegaly standing on railway lines etc, as minister he built hospitals in fct i know that the buses he brought are still called el rufai buses i know that when he was minister abuja was beautiful no street hawkers no nonsense no bikes! i know that since he left abuja has become an eyesore under 4 different ministers of fct including the current one whose only legacy is renaming maitama to Goodluck boulevald and collecting turais land and giving to patience, I know el rufai was a member of obasanjos economic council that left nigeria debt free and with over 30billion dolars in our reserves that have been depleted in 5 years of jonathan and yaradua.... please dont you ever come here and talk trash about him because we know that the people that hate el rufai are the elites and not the average nigerian in abuja.

Tunde Bakere led the protest that brought GEJ to power where were all of this people like okupe abati etc when he was doing that when he organised people to go to national assembly and demand that GEJ become president while people like you where sitting behind your chairs sleeping you dont know, he fell out with GEJ after presidency tried to bribe members of save nigeria group with some thousands of dollars ....talk about a man with principles

Dino Melaye has always been an outspoken member of the national assembly it is on record that he helped expose the fraud of Dimeji BANKOLE and the whole country knew the mess that goes on in the national assembly, his methods are crude and its note worthy that since he was a part of them he knows thier ins and outs so he exposes them daily i remember that he started this fuel subsidy protest in january when he rode on his bicycle collecting signatures around abuja in janaury were where you then or are you enjoying 65 naira per litre.

learn to get the message and leave the messanger and stop getting hoodwincked by this wicked politicians in government
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by Elueme: 8:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
In a society desirous of change, the likes of Dino should have been hacked to death by a mob actions for hypocritically playing a surreptitious script while acting on the frustration Of the good people of this country yet being a wolf in sheep's clothing to deceive and derail the national course for his selfish earnings.. Shame on him!
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by 1025: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
noblezone:
But what about the Mutallab of a guy na? Was the guy poor?

Me thinks differently, corruption is a product of poverty mentality.
Then, Nigeria is so ethnically/religiously incompatible that very soon, you will hear that during the revolution, more hausa leaders were killed than Ijaw leaders.

Can you guys cope with the implications of that scenario?

you are right and it will be right that the only thing that is uniting nigeria is corruption. every ethnic group is represented though some are more represented than the other.
if you ask me if we will cope with the implications of the revolution, i have no answer to that but one thing is sure, other options have failed so left on our table for now is revolution. if i ask u if we are coping with the level of corruption in the country, what will u say?
we have to agree to a single fact, NIGERIA IS NOT WORKING. THIS IS LIKE A BY FORCE MARRIAGE. we are afraid to die yet we are dying more. those of us from the igbo background will agree with me that no single week will pass without 5 or more dead bodies coming home. do u call that coping? and how long do u expect us to be dying like that?
Re: Assessing The Call For Revolution/ Mass Protest By Bakare, Elrufai, Dino Melaye by Gbawe: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
Standing5: Revolution is imminent, no doubt about that. The SNG has only pointed out what is a clear and simple fact to all Nigerians, Mr OP should stop the character game here. What is on ground is bigger than Tunde Bakare, Dino, and El Rufai.

Well-said but don't expect some to take off the toga of partisanship they have sworn to wear to the bitter end. There is no doubt this is a highly corrupt Government much like others before it. Frustration is increasing and reaching fever pitch. Let some continue to play Ostrich because they are totally beholden to individuals. As you say, Nigeria is bigger than a few prominent individuals and it is highly distasteful how some prefer to divert attention from weighty issues by casting aspersion on the character of the messenger while ignoring the very real and scary message.

(1) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Tops List Of Forbes African Richest Persons / Something Big.. / List Of Names Of Kano Bombing Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.