Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? (5832 Views)

Hama Terrorists Complains That The Jewish God Changes The Flight Of Their Rocket / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? / How Did God Reveal Himself to You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by nep2ra(m): 1:14am On Nov 14, 2012
When you read through the Bible, you will find the Jews playing a prominent role in the scheme of things. In the Old Testament, God communicates with the Jews, sends messengers of Jewish descent, passes instructions and commandments to the children of Israel (who are Jews) and reveals Himself and His ways to the Jews. Flip over the the New Testament, the story is the same. Jesus of Nazareth is a Jew. His disciples are all Jews. Apostle Paul who wrote two thirds of the New Testament is also a Jew. The writers of the remaining part of the New Testament are all Jews.

"Hmmmmmm" I say to myself. What is going on here? Does that mean God revealed Himself to only the Jewish race? Why do the Jews get preferential treatment above all other races on earth? Did God also reveal Himself to other races on earth? If so, are there written records of other races experience with God?

1 Like

Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 14, 2012
Yaweh is a racist. You better now know.

Even Jesus said that he came for the lost sheep of Isreal.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Caseless: 3:15am On Nov 14, 2012
The question is :

1. Did GOD ever reveal himself to any man? If yes , then show me 'where' , 'how' and to whom he revealed himself.

2. Was jesus a jew?

3. Who was apostle paul?

My conclusion is, this is what u get when ur mindset is fixed to reading one book that's edited more than 5000 times by men, adultrated by the romans and have multiple versions(new or old testament, kjv, etc).

3 Likes

Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by nep2ra(m): 8:29am On Nov 14, 2012
caseless: The question is :

1. Did GOD ever reveal himself to any man? If yes , then show me 'where' , 'how' and to whom he revealed himself.

2. Was jesus a jew?

3. Who was apostle paul?

My conclusion is, this is what u get when ur mindset is fixed to reading one book that's edited more than 5000 times by men, adultrated by the romans and have multiple versions(new or old testament, kjv, etc).

Let's assume God revealed Himself to the Jews and the Bible is a feeble attempt to record their expecriences with Him. If God is fair and just, it means He also revealed Himself to other races at different times in history and there are also written accounts of these.
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 14, 2012
nep2ra:

Let's assume God revealed Himself to the Jews and the Bible is a feeble attempt to record their expecriences with Him. If God is fair and just, it means He also revealed Himself to other races at different times in history and there are also written accounts of these.

Unfortunately, you are saying that Zues, Sango, Odin, Osiris are all true.

1 Like

Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by nep2ra(m): 8:43am On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

I'm not exactly saying that. If Christians want to claim the Bible is accurate then I see no reason why God didn't reveal Himself to other races in the form of the deities you mentioned above. It will be foolish of Jews to think the Creator of the Universe revealed Himself to only them. God also revealed Himself to Africans, Vikings, Mongols, Eskimos and all other races and they have their Bible to prove it.

1 Like

Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 14, 2012
nep2ra:

I'm not exactly saying that. If Christians want to claim the Bible is accurate then I see no reason why God didn't reveal Himself to other races in the form of the deities you mentioned above. It will be foolish of Jews to think the Creator of the Universe revealed Himself to only them. God also revealed Himself to Africans, Vikings, Mongols, Eskimos and all other races and they have their Bible to prove it.

What I am saying is that every theistic religon is xenophobic. Their god is always favouring them. The christian god is as false as any other theistic religion

1 Like

Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

Indeed. The first commandment - 'Thou shalt worship no other god before me'
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by nep2ra(m): 1:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

What I am saying is that every theistic religion is xenophobic. Their god is always favouring them. The Christian god is as false as any other theistic religion

Your comment has raised an interesting issue here. I wonder why Africans and all other races are laying claim to a God that is clearly a Jewish deity. "I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob" says Yahweh. God is stating clearly and without further controversy that He is the God of all Jews. Even if other races want to lay claim to Him, He has made it clear who He prefers.
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 14, 2012
nep2ra:

Your comment has raised an interesting issue here. I wonder why Africans and all other races are laying claim to a God that is clearly a Jewish deity. "I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob" says Yahweh. God is stating clearly and without further controversy that He is the God of all Jews. Even if other races want to lay claim to Him, He has made it clear who He prefers.

Ignorance and pavlovian brainwashing led to the problem you have accurately described that affects africans

1 Like

Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by nep2ra(m): 9:24pm On Jan 01, 2013
Every religion on earth has the potential to be intrinsically xenophobic.
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 01, 2013
THE JEWS ARE NOT A RACE OF PEOPLE CRAFTED TO BE SUPERIOR ABOVE ALL. ALL HUMANS HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE JEWS. JEWS ARE THE SPIRITUALLY SUPERIOR ONES CULLED AND GRAFTED OUT OF ALL THE ADAMITES. THE REST THEN AUTOMATICALLY BECAME HEATHENS AND WERE LEFT TO THEIR OWN DESIRES AND LUSTS IN THE ERA OF THE GENTILES WHICH WE ARE STILL IN. AND KEEP IN MIND THOSE IN ISRAEL TODAY ARE NOT THE REAL JEWS. THOSE ARE IMPOSTORS REVELATIONS 2 VS 9 REVELATIONS 3 VS 9
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: THE JEWS ARE NOT A RACE OF PEOPLE CRAFTED TO BE SUPERIOR ABOVE ALL. ALL HUMANS HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE JEWS. JEWS ARE THE SPIRITUALLY SUPERIOR ONES CULLED AND GRAFTED OUT OF ALL THE ADAMITES. THE REST THEN AUTOMATICALLY BECAME HEATHENS AND WERE LEFT TO THEIR OWN DESIRES AND LUSTS IN THE ERA OF THE GENTILES WHICH WE ARE STILL IN. AND KEEP IN MIND THOSE IN ISRAEL TODAY ARE NOT THE REAL JEWS. THOSE ARE IMPOSTORS REVELATIONS 2 VS 9 REVELATIONS 3 VS 9

What a load of hogwash. I don't even expect you to begin to gather the evidence to support a tenth of what you typed.

1 Like

Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
ROSSIKE:

What a load of hogwash. I don't even expect you to begin to gather the evidence to support a tenth of what you typed.
WE ALL STARTED OUT AS ADAM. THE JEWS ONLY BECAME JEWS AFTER THE FLOOD. THIS WAS A COUPLE THOUSAND OF YEARS AFTER CREATION. MEANING WE ALL HAD THE CHANCE TO BE THE CHOSEN
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:56pm On Jan 01, 2013
nep2ra:

that is why we PAgans have all the same basic underlying concept of religion and spirituality. The Gods revealed themselves in their own ways to the different tribes and ethnic groups around the world.

Zeus = Olodumare = Chukwu = Brahma, etc..

Shango = Mars = Mithras = MixCoatl = Agurzil = Guan Yu = Horus = Ku =Tumatauenga = Dayisun Tengrii = Bellona = Agasaya = Ogoun, etc . .

and so on and so forth. .

Therefore we tribals around the world must Unite. That is my logo btw on my profile pic.

1 Like

Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: WE ALL STARTED OUT AS ADAM. THE JEWS ONLY BECAME JEWS AFTER THE FLOOD. THIS WAS A COUPLE THOUSAND OF YEARS AFTER CREATION. MEANING WE ALL HAD THE CHANCE TO BE THE CHOSEN

shut up. one should think that you are a God itself. *smh angry

alwayz making your own nonsensical theories.
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

shut up. one should think that you are a God itself. *smh angry

alwayz making your own nonsensical theories.
grin grin
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by nep2ra(m): 11:54am On Jan 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

that is why we PAgans have all the same basic underlying concept of religion and spirituality. The Gods revealed themselves in their own ways to the different tribes and ethnic groups around the world.

Zeus = Olodumare = Chukwu = Brahma, etc..

Shango = Mars = Mithras = MixCoatl = Agurzil = Guan Yu = Horus = Ku =Tumatauenga = Dayisun Tengrii = Bellona = Agasaya = Ogoun, etc . .

and so on and so forth. .

Therefore we tribals around the world must Unite. That is my logo btw on my profile pic.

I find the bold part very interesting. Sometimes I imagine what religion ancient civilizations, pre-dating Christianity and Islam practised. It's very fascinating to think these people had an organised form of rituals and worship. It goes to show long before the advent of Judaism, Christianity and Islam
people always had a concept of God in their minds and sought to express their reverence of this deity in the form of pagan worship.
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Image123(m): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
nep2ra: When you read through the Bible, you will find the Jews playing a prominent role in the scheme of things. In the Old Testament, God communicates with the Jews, sends messengers of Jewish descent, passes instructions and commandments to the children of Israel (who are Jews) and reveals Himself and His ways to the Jews. Flip over the the New Testament, the story is the same. Jesus of Nazareth is a Jew. His disciples are all Jews. Apostle Paul who wrote two thirds of the New Testament is also a Jew. The writers of the remaining part of the New Testament are all Jews.

"Hmmmmmm" I say to myself. What is going on here? Does that mean God revealed Himself to only the Jewish race? Why do the Jews get preferential treatment above all other races on earth? Did God also reveal Himself to other races on earth? If so, are there written records of other races experience with God?

Of course He revealed Himself to the whole of mankind. They didn't get the message, so He chose the faithful obedient ones, and made them His hotspot for the whole earth. He revealed Himself to Adam, the father of the human race, the man no teach him pikins. They all got so corrupted except Noah. He revealed Himself to Noah again, and told him a similar thing as He told Adam to multiply. The man no gree hear, until He found Abraham and called him out of his family. God tested him severally and severely. He passed so much that he was promised that he would bless the earth. The rest is the history you wrote. God used Abraham's seed to form a nation, Israel and sent Jesus through that nation to bless the world.
Gen 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Rom 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Rom 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
Image123:

Of course He revealed Himself to the whole of mankind. They didn't get the message, so He chose the faithful obedient ones, and made them His hotspot for the whole earth. He revealed Himself to Adam, the father of the human race, the man no teach him pikins. They all got so corrupted except Noah. He revealed Himself to Noah again, and told him a similar thing as He told Adam to multiply. The man no gree hear, until He found Abraham and called him out of his family. God tested him severally and severely. He passed so much that he was promised that he would bless the earth. The rest is the history you wrote. God used Abraham's seed to form a nation, Israel and sent Jesus through that nation to bless the world.
Gen 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Rom 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Rom 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

lolz, so god failed in delivering his message to all mankind- only Jews got the message?

Your comment reeks of racism and ignorance
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by UyiIredia(m): 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
nep2ra: When you read through the Bible, you will find the Jews playing a prominent role in the scheme of things. In the Old Testament, God communicates with the Jews, sends messengers of Jewish descent, passes instructions and commandments to the children of Israel (who are Jews) and reveals Himself and His ways to the Jews. Flip over the the New Testament, the story is the same. Jesus of Nazareth is a Jew. His disciples are all Jews. Apostle Paul who wrote two thirds of the New Testament is also a Jew. The writers of the remaining part of the New Testament are all Jews.

I think God is revealed to who diligent inquires to the matter. You have the cases of the Ethiopian eunuch and the Roman centurion that Peter was sent to minister to. Its also worthy to note that since the advent of Christianity much has been done to bring all of the world under the consciousness that there is a God. Also, I think you partly answered your question when you said that people always had a concept of God in their minds and sought to express their reverence of this deity in the form of pagan worship. I think a more accurate way of putting it also is that God is revealed to someone. That is the person actually finds out that there is a God. And we can see glimpses of that in multitude of religions.
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I think God is revealed to who diligent inquires to the matter. You have the cases of the Ethiopian eunuch and the Roman centurion that Peter was sent to minister to. Its also worthy to note that since the advent of Christianity much has been done to bring all of the world under the consciousness that there is a God. Also, I think you partly answered your question when you said that people always had a concept of God in their minds and sought to express their reverence of this deity in the form of pagan worship. I think a more accurate way of putting it also is that God is revealed to someone. That is the person actually finds out that there is a God. And we can see glimpses of that in multitude of religions.

sad
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by UyiIredia(m): 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

sad

wetin wrong with this one undecided
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

wetin wrong with this one undecided

Your statement implies that your forefathers were not diligent enough
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Image123(m): 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

lolz, so god failed in delivering his message to all mankind- only Jews got the message?

Your comment reeks of racism and ignorance
On the contrary, man failed to receive the message.
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
Image123:
On the contrary, man failed to receive the message.

What did the Jews have that they didnt fail? Mtchew
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Image123(m): 12:37am On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

What did the Jews have that they didnt fail? Mtchew
Abraham, they had Abraham. can you read?
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 03, 2013
Image123:
Abraham, they had Abraham. can you read?

What did Abraham have that others did not have? Is he special?

Infact, Abraham was a deranged psychopath. What kind of parent would be ready to sacrifice his son to voices in his head?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYvcc8ui3CM
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Ndipe(m): 5:26am On Jan 03, 2013
God called Abraham from his father's land to an unknown land where He made His promises to him that in him all nations will be blessed. So, technically, Abraham was not a jew by birth, he was called out of his father's land by God and through him (Jesus Christ being his descent) came to be blessed.
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by nep2ra(m): 3:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Are you implying there is no one true religion then? Are you saying every religion is a path to God?
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by nep2ra(m): 3:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
Ndipe: God called Abraham from his father's land to an unknown land where He made His promises to him that in him all nations will be blessed. So, technically, Abraham was not a jew by birth, he was called out of his father's land by God and through him (Jesus Christ being his descent) came to be blessed.

Who then is a Jew?

Why is it that the Bible places superior emphasis on the Jews? Are you saying God did not reveal Himself to your forefathers? (i.e Africans, which I suppose you are). If Yahweh (The God of Israel) chose the Jews as His people, will you blame other races for choosing to find and worship a God (or gods) who loves and approves of them?
Re: Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? by Image123(m): 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

What did Abraham have that others did not have? Is he special?

Infact, Abraham was a deranged psychopath. What kind of parent would be ready to sacrifice his son to voices in his head?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYvcc8ui3CM
Abraham had faith, thereby pleasing God. it'd help you if you focused on the thread topic so that you don't get convulsions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evidence Of New Life In Jesus / Jews Do Not Tithe Today / Don't Replace The Word "A.L.L.A.H" With God, They Are Not The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.