Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State (10379 Views)

Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) / Prof. Osinbajo Promises Free Tertiary Education For Teachers In Nigeria / Imo State University Post Ume Info; Dept. Cut Off, Closing & Exam Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by hubreality(m): 5:47am On Nov 14, 2012
The executive governor of Imo State Gov Rochas Okorocha officially flags off the promised free tertiary education to Imo citizens. 100,000 to be recieved by each student of Imo state university and 60,000 to each student of Imo poly towards their various tuition. You must be an Imo citizen to partake on the free education.

www.imostateblog.com/2012/11/13/free-tertiary-education-officially-flags-off-in-imo-state/
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by hubreality(m): 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2012
Pictures of the event

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by DeeDok: 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
Hw can i collect my own cheque

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Odunnu: 1:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
Beautiful! A project if well managed should yield greater dividend. Others should tow this line.

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by hubreality(m): 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
DeeDok: Hw can i collect my own cheque
You must come from Imo state as a son of the soil and be in any of the state tertiary institutions to benefit.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by DeeDok: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2012
Wer can we dat ar qualify collect our own cheque.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Obinoscopy(m): 7:45am On Nov 16, 2012
Nice! However they should also consider non-indigenes who have lived in the state for 10yrs and above. Such people have contributed their own fair share towards the existence and development of the state. They pay their taxes, they are part of the society. It would be unfair to exclude them
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by megxo(m): 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
DATS WASSUP GOVERNOR...............MORE ACTIONS PLS
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by dilbert100: 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2012
....has to be a good thing
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2012
God sent. I wish him many more positions in life.

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by cheddarking(m): 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
FANTASTIC
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by tunapawizzy: 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2012
WHY AM I NOT FROM THIS STATE.... MY USELESS GOVERNOR IS JUST MEGA USELESS
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Etumgbe(m): 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2012
Am going back to year one now to enable me enjoy dis awufu education well well
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Paentera(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
He's delivering on the promises of his election manifesto. And rightly so!
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by oloto(m): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
I ‎​am not Ibo, but I sincerely appreciate what this guy is doing. Hope other governors will tow this line.

2 Likes

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by MostIncredibleDFirst: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
MISPLACED PRIORITY! 100000 naira X 30000 students for 4years is enough to b used 2change dat university's status 2a top institution in Nigeria- if not West Africa! Most male students wud used dat money to pursue women.

4 Likes

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by zenith7(m): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hoy mega loy poloy. I laugh in spanish. Rochas, what we need is empowerment not deceit.

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Ozonna(m): 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2012
I don't think this is sustainable on the long run.

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Wsdm: 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2012
May God pay him in manifold for this initiative. I just wish that Mr. 'FRESH AIR' can even fulfil some percentage of his very numerous promises like this man.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Wsdm: 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2012
Ozonna: I don't think this is sustainable on the long run.
... But now?
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by moodswing(m): 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2012
Rochas the "washer"

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Youngzedd(m): 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
MISPLACED PRIORITY! 100000 naira X 30000 students for 4years is enough to b used 2change dat university's status 2a top institution in Nigeria- if not West Africa! Most male students wud used dat money to pursue women.

Hmm, nawaa for u oooh.

How did you know what the students will do with the money.
It's like you dey play the same game lol.

I'm begining to suspect you and this is comment.

I mean no harm, Just passing by.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by manny4life(m): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
I like the man's social and empathetic vision for his state, but let truth be told, are these actions financially sustainable? I don't know Imo state to be a wealthy state (though I'm not saying their poor), but is this really needed compared to rising needs required in the state? I hope his accountant and analyst aren't lying to him because it will be the perfect blow, after all these, he leaves the state in massive unpaid deficit.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by a1solution: 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
manny4life: I like the man's social and empathetic vision for his state, but let truth be told, are these actions financially sustainable? I don't know Imo state to be a wealthy state (though I'm not saying their poor), but is this really needed compared to rising needs required in the state? I hope his accountant and analyst aren't lying to him because it will be the perfect blow, after all these, he leaves the state in massive unpaid deficit.
2015 presidential campaign. that's all.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by kollybay4u: 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
Look at you, you are just saying rubbish her, if u cant comment it is by force. Am from Yoruba, i still commend this man for what he has done, our own governors here are typically thief they used our own money to send their own children to school abroad where exorbitant money are spent on them every year. God is watching anyway!

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by johndavid1(m): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
9ice 1
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by tunapawizzy: 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
NO MATTER WHAT...HATERS GONA HATE

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by solomonkane(m): 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2012
I support, applaud and encourage subsidized education. I completely disagree with free education. At the risk of sounding pessimistic, this looks like another half-baked "masses oriented" policy that will leave the next administration with mountains of debts and stifle meaningful long term progress. Going by statistics, Imo state has one of the highest number of tertiary students in the nation, how sustainable is it? Even states like Rivers and Delta with large allocations and Lagos with a large IGR can't and shouldn't try it.

2 Likes

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by mrrock: 2:52pm On Nov 16, 2012
Good!!.
Those of you saying it's unsustainable you don't know what you are talking about. That's a peanut and if Imo state can do it then every other state can do it as long as there's the will by the state governor. I' am aware each state get about N4 billion from federal government monthly. That's not talking of how much the states themselves make. Nigerians what do you want!!!!!!.

2 Likes

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by solomonkane(m): 2:52pm On Nov 16, 2012
I love the Owelle for the strides he is taking; he's far better that that arrogant lout called Ohakim but populism should be married with the reality on ground. As someone who has worked in the secondary school system in Imo state; I would rather he revolutionizes the primary and secondary school system which are the building blocks of whatever changes he wants to make rather than make the finished product; tertiary education tuition free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Study, Work & Live In TURKEY / Houdegbe North American University Not On The List Of Accredited Universities / Nigeria Society Of Engineer Graduate Membership Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.