Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre (13144 Views)

GTBank Named ‘Best Bank In Nigeria’ By Euromoney Magazine / The Economic Structure Of Nigeria By Simon Kolawole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre by einfo: 10:47am On Nov 14, 2012
Football is no doubt the most popular sport in the world today. Asides from the billions of dollars spent by football clubs, FIFA and fans of the sport, we find millions of passionate fans controversially playing coach, analyzing teams , players, formations and tactics as they watch. This passion for football has given rise to football viewing centers, football betting (online and offline) and video game centres in almost every city in Nigeria. And as long as people are still passionate about football, viewing centers and game centres will continually be an avenue to make money in Nigeria for those who will take the advantage.

Just imagine you own game centre with just 3 game consoles (PS 1, PS 2 or PS 3) and each customer pays N50 to play one game which lasts for 10mins. Let us do some arithmetic:

Let’s say your game centre is fully operational from 12pm to 7pm (i.e. 8 hours)
If 1 game lasts 10mins, then in 1hr, 6 games will be played. Meaning u make N300 in an hour (i.e. 6 games X N50)
Therefore in 8 hours you make N2400 (i.e. N300 X 8 hours)
And that’s just the amount made on 1 game console/ station!
For all 3 game consoles, you earn N7200 (i.e. N2400 X3)
Is that not some good money to be made?

What is a Play Station Video Game?

Play station video games are software loaded into consoles. These include war games, board games sports games like soccer, wrestling, motor and bike racing etc. these game consoles have different models e.g. play station 1, play station 2, play station 3 and the newly introduced Xbox.

Are you interested in starting your own video game centre and join the big boys to make money in Nigeria? To read more: http://makemoneynigeria.com/money-nigeria-investing-video-game-centre-2/
Re: Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre by stpat1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
I don't know about now, but about 5 - 6 years back, it was a money spinner. I used to work in a games center after my secondary school. We were netting an average of around 12,000 per day. Business was best on weekdays because of students that come around.

The best place to site such biz is where you have lots of schools. The good thing about this biz is if its sited in an area with fairly stable electricity.
Re: Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre by benz33(m): 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2012
I run this business too and i make nothing less than N20,000 monthly as a residual Income.

1 Like

Re: Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre by marshaldollz: 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
benz33: I run this business too and i make nothing less than N20,000 monthly as a residual Income.
isn't that little for an income,how many games do u run?also thinking of starting one
Re: Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre by marshaldollz: 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
stpat1: I don't know about now, but about 5 - 6 years back, it was a money spinner. I used to work in a games center after my secondary school. We were netting an average of around 12,000 per day. Business was best on weekdays because of students that come around.

The best place to site such biz is where you have lots of schools. The good thing about this biz is if its sited in an area with fairly stable electricity.
plz how many games where there and how much do you charge per game,kindly evaluate everything,thx
Re: Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre by Ups01(m): 4:33pm On Dec 06, 2015
marshaldollz:
plz how many games where there and how much do you charge per game,kindly evaluate everything,thx

2 years down the line did you later set up the business?
Re: Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre by Ups01(m): 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
einfo:
Football is no doubt the most popular sport in the world today. Asides from the billions of dollars spent by football clubs, FIFA and fans of the sport, we find millions of passionate fans controversially playing coach, analyzing teams , players, formations and tactics as they watch. This passion for football has given rise to football viewing centers, football betting (online and offline) and video game centres in almost every city in Nigeria. And as long as people are still passionate about football, viewing centers and game centres will continually be an avenue to make money in Nigeria for those who will take the advantage.

Just imagine you own game centre with just 3 game consoles (PS 1, PS 2 or PS 3) and each customer pays N50 to play one game which lasts for 10mins. Let us do some arithmetic:

Let’s say your game centre is fully operational from 12pm to 7pm (i.e. 8 hours)
If 1 game lasts 10mins, then in 1hr, 6 games will be played. Meaning u make N300 in an hour (i.e. 6 games X N50)
Therefore in 8 hours you make N2400 (i.e. N300 X 8 hours)
And that’s just the amount made on 1 game console/ station!
For all 3 game consoles, you earn N7200 (i.e. N2400 X3)
Is that not some good money to be made?

What is a Play Station Video Game?

Play station video games are software loaded into consoles. These include war games, board games sports games like soccer, wrestling, motor and bike racing etc. these game consoles have different models e.g. play station 1, play station 2, play station 3 and the newly introduced Xbox.

Are you interested in starting your own video game centre and join the big boys to make money in Nigeria? To read more: http://makemoneynigeria.com/money-nigeria-investing-video-game-centre-2/

3 years down the line

Bro Wadup your site don kpain, wetin happen?

anyways, how did you bill your Customers?
was it a software that helped you keep gamers accountable or you did the monitoring your self?
Re: Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hi,

Your thread is quite helpful but I have a couple of questions though;
1. How do I set price for adventure games. I mean its easy to set 50 bucks for most games (a game of soccer at roughly 10mins or a session of Call of Duty since its easy to set time in most of the modes except Campaign. Mortal Kombat can be priced per round). All these are easy to price but some other gamers might want to enjoy God of War, COD Campaign Modes, Drake's Fortune, Assassins Creed, or Phanthom Pain. The value customers will enjoy in this games is a direct function of how long they spend holding the pad. So, how do we price.

2. Second question. Am only about to set up my own Game Center and am interested in knowing how to best manage and control the players time since am trying to start with 4 game stations. Is it better to use the TV timer function or manually look at each game and physically stop the player when the time is up. The difference between these too options is that the player who now has to drop pad has no choice since the TV has gone off on its own as opposed to him arguing with the manager or begging for extra time. Is there any other option.

Please advice!

1 Like

Re: Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre by Ups01(m): 3:19am On Jan 11, 2017
Re: Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre by Spidermon: 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hi,

1. How do I set price for adventure games. I mean its easy to set 50 bucks for most games (a game of soccer at roughly 10mins or a session of Call of Duty since its easy to set time in most of the modes except Campaign. Mortal Kombat can be priced per round). All these are easy to price but some other gamers might want to enjoy God of War, COD Campaign Modes, Drake's Fortune, Assassins Creed, or Phanthom Pain. The value customers will enjoy in this games is a direct function of how long they spend holding the pad. So, how do we price.

2. Second question. Am only about to set up my own Game Center and am interested in knowing how to best manage and control the players time since am trying to start with 4 game stations. Is it better to use the TV timer function or manually look at each game and physically stop the player when the time is up. The difference between these too options is that the player who now has to drop pad has no choice since the TV has gone off on its own as opposed to him arguing with the manager or begging for extra time. Is there any other option.

Please advice!

I also plan to open one soon.
The console used depends on d target clientele. In some areas, ps2 is still well enjoyed. However, due to the emergence of FIFA, a ps3 or ps4 is required if your target customers are current.

For affordable gameplay, quick return on investment, reduced start-up cost and easy maintanance (e.g used ps4 pad is about 13k, ps3 pad is about 4k), I would advice using ps3 consoles since they also run current FIFA version.

For soccer, charges are #30, #50 and #100 per player on the ps2, ps3 and ps4 consoles respectively for 10 mins match. Charge is extrapolated for racing, combat and adventure games

Set the tv timer after game is through loading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Make Money In Nigeria By Investing In A Video Game Centre by Nugathegod: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hi,

Please advice!

Please answer this if you may. How much did you spend to start up your game centre??

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Flour Mills to Acquire 76.8% stake in rival Honeywell Group at N80 Billion / To Make Money Online From Nigeria, You'll Need This / Flutterwave Is Y Combinator’s Most valuable African Comp, Valued At $150M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.