Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher (20668 Views)

Your English Teacher Appear Like This In Front Of The Class (photo) / Check Out HONOURABLE PATRICK Obahiagbon's Democracy Day Speech!! / Patience Jonathan, Honourable Patrick And Others' Grammatical Contest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by FoxyRebirth(m): 11:04am On Nov 15, 2012
I was going through the dictionary to check meaning of words while reading an exciting novel, it later occurred to me, if it is to be Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon that is to teach us simple proverbs and their meaning in school, how is it going to sound like, going by the way he murders vocabulary...

But nothing spoil sha, I was able to come up with these ones and funny enough, it looks really close to what he would say when asked to teach in a class....

Please enjoy, and add yours if you have....

Peace

ORDINARY ENGLISH: People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
HON. PAT'S ENGLISH: Individuals who make their abodes in vitreous edifices would be advised to refrain from catapulting perilous projectiles.

ORDINARY ENGLISH: Twinkle,
twinkle, little star
HON. PAT'S ENGLISH: Scintillate, scintillate, asteroid minim.

ORDINARY ENGLISH: All that glitters is not gold.
HON. PAT'S ENGLISH: All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.

ORDINARY ENGLISH: Beggars are not choosers
HON. PAT'S ENGLISH: Sorting on the part of mendicants must be interdicted.

ORDINARY ENGLISH: Dead men tell no tales
HON. PAT'S ENGLISH: Male cadavers are incapable of rendering any testimony.

ORDINARY ENGLISH: Beginner's luck
HON. PAT'S ENGLISH: Neophyte's serendipity.

ORDINARY ENGLISH: A rolling stone gathers no moss
HON. PAT'S ENGLISH: A revolving lithic conglomerate accumulates no congeries of small, green, biophytic plant.

ORDINARY ENGLISH: Birds of a feather flock together
HON. PAT'S ENGLISH: Members of an avian species of identical plumage tend to congregate.

ORDINARY ENGLISH: Beauty is only skin deep
HON. PAT'S ENGLISH: Pulchritude possesses solely cutaneous profundity.

ORDINARY ENGLISH: Cleanliness is godliness
HON. PAT'S ENGLISH: Freedom from incrustations of grime is contiguous to rectitude.

122 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by DAvIt0(m): 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
wow; you try mahn ....

this needs front page
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by dani1luv: 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2012
Nice. .

1 Like

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Obinoscopy(m): 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2012
grin Are you sure you're not the Obahiagbon....lolz. Nice one!

1 Like

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by topboyz(m): 8:27pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hahahahahaha...i don laugh tire.
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Freiburger(m): 8:27pm On Nov 16, 2012
Then all his students will be mysticism students grin
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by seedord247(m): 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
Obfuscated discombobulated cachinnate grin

2 Likes

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by jtroy(m): 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
this is genious. men you are really good, even my english girlfriend fear. question for you from her "are u nigerian?"

2 Likes

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Redmosquito(m): 8:32pm On Nov 16, 2012
I want to drink garri
I desiderate to gormandize cassava contriturate
Scintillate, scintillate, asteroid minim.
Laff wan kill me die grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by pressongodsay(m): 8:34pm On Nov 16, 2012
Freiburger: Then all his students will be mysticism students grin
just like what edo people are passing through now.

1 Like

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by mamagee3(f): 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
This is genius!!!
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2012
This is an old joke, OP only replaced the name of the speaker in the original joke with Patrick's name.

8 Likes

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by upchair(m): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2012
If he was an english teacher, his class would have been empty cause the students would not have been able to relate with him. He would have left them speechless and dumbfounded.

@op your english sef wan worse pass hon. own. I fear oh. You don catch the bug.

Now that he is oshiomole's chief of staff, im go confuse osho baba wit the grammar to the point where osho go provoke sack am.

2 Likes

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by luminousbohry: 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
Dis gats make front u too try hope say u no be pat sef
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by godstino(m): 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
op, u realy killed it...igodomigodo cudn't have said it better..thumb up!

1 Like

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Serendipity: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
To my mind and without wanting to denigrate anybody or sound immodest, Obahiagbon is illiterate. He is deficient in writing/speaking skills, and only ends up confounding his audience.
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by maingwaest(f): 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
Lol, sound so much like him.
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by TrustJ(m): 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hey dude,i see Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon in you....lol
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Lexo22(m): 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2012
Nice concept but I still wish to correct the grammatical error in the title "If partrick were to be an English teach and not was". The last time I made this correction the modulator called me arrogant guy. I still blame the modulator who allowed this wonderful article to cross the front page without correcting the error . No offence!

2 Likes

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
ORDINARY ENGLISH: Twinkle,
twinkle, little star
HON. PAT'S ENGLISH: Scintillate, scintillate, asteroid minim.
lmaooooo!!! this had me cracking mad.

2 Likes

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by falansa: 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
Very funny indeed, cant stop laughing. The Honourable have got someone to fill his shoes
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Clemzy16(m): 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
Then all his students would be chronic failures?! LWKMD
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by ogochukwunasa1: 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2012
dame patience cudnt hav said it better
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Diamaten(f): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2012
that guy na clown grin grin
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by nikkyshyne(f): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2012
Wow. What a prodigious buffoonery thingamabob!
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Clemzy16(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
Lexo22: Nice concept but I still wish to correct the grammatical error in the title "If partrick were to be an English teach and not was". The last time I made this correction the modulator called me arrogant guy. I still blame the modulator who allowed this wonderful article to cross the front page without correcting the error . No offence!

3 Likes

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by searay2(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
Redmosquito: I want to drink garri
I desiderate to gormandize cassava contriturate
Scintillate, scintillate, asteroid minim.
Laff wan kill me die grin
manihot or garrium @bold
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by nikkyshyne(f): 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2012
Honourable.

9 Likes

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Abasimmodo(f): 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2012
F9 things 4 whosoever is lucky enough to be his student.
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by jamace(m): 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2012
Lexo22: Nice concept but I still wish to correct the grammatical error in the title "If partrick were to be an English teach and not was". The last time I made this correction the modulator called me arrogant guy. I still blame the modulator who allowed this wonderful article to cross the front page without correcting the error . No offence!

Are you sure of that correction?

See below:

Singular present tense: (If Patrick is to be a teacher....) = singular past tense: (If Patrick was to be a teacher....)

Plural present tense: (If they are to be teachers ...) = Plural past tense: (If they were to be teachers)

I feel the OP is right. Otherwise convince/confuse me. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by adegbitown: 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2012
fellis: This is an old joke, OP only replaced the name of the speaker in the original joke with Patrick's name.
Thanks for the tip,but it's actually not needed.try again next time.

1 Like

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2012
Nice one poster, U̶̲̥̅̊ really made mγ̲̣̣̥ day. However if ɪ̣̝̇ W̶̲̥̅̊αs ɑ̤̥̈̊ student in Hon Patricks class, ɪ̣̝̇ wouldn't pass @all. Am sure he would hv turned ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ τ̅☺ ɑ̤̥̈̊ political Halleluya boy... Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Wedding Speech by a Bridegroom / Lagos Conductors And Their Uniqueness. / 20 Hilarious Facebook Status That Will Make You Laugh Hard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.