Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? (18491 Views)

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? / Can Difference In Church Denomination Be A Major Issue In Marriage Proposal. / Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by achorjp(m): 8:24am On Nov 16, 2012
I've got a lady with virtues i always look out for.

She has got high percentage of what i want in a woman, but her height is of average, and it has been a serious concern for me.

I've not been able to propose to her because of this. Please advise me. I'm not a short man neither a tall man yet she is not up to my height.

Do You consider height a major issue in a choice of a life partner?
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Screwface(m): 9:34am On Nov 16, 2012
See man,the only(and i repeat)the only attribute that should warrant a rethink in you chosing your life time spouse should be her Character,every other thing is secondary and not very important.
Trust me,a good number of girls lack that simple but important attribute. And if you'v found that in a girl,you need to thank your stars and work to harness other attiributes you want to see in her.
A bad character is almost never 'redeemable'.
Forget her skin color or the shape of her a.r.se or the fact that she snors when sleeping or the fact that you have to lift her off the ground a little before kissing.grin
All these are not as important as my aforementioned attribute.
My two cents anyway.grin

12 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by k2039: 9:47am On Nov 16, 2012
Well for the fact that you brought this issue to this forum is the fact that you having doubts about her already because of her height,so I will advise you just let her be and go for someone else.

We all have what we consider attractive,that a girl has a good character doesnt necessarily mean I have to marry her,she has to be attractive to me,her face,height etc.

We all have individual preferences and personaly for me I cant marry a girl who is taller than me and a girl who is shorter than my shoulder height.

So for me height is a issue.

My2Cent:Op,love entails loving everything about someone,if you are not satisfied with her height then I advise you go for someone else,also have it at the back of your mind that she doesnt have any control over her height,thats likely how she will be.
So think about this so you wont be irritated after marrying her.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Mynd44: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2012
Height is important to some and to some, it is not. I don't thinK I can marry a woman who is very short with respect to my height. So Perhaps you are right
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by candieangel12(f): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2012
So let me get this straight:
You met a nice chick that is evrrything you desire in a woman but you have a problem with her being of average height?

You claim you're not tall nor short, which means you are also average.

So whats wrong with an average height guy being with an average height woman? Shoot you should be happy she aint as short as Snooki. LOL

6 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Mynd44: 9:58am On Nov 16, 2012
candieangel12: So let me get this straight:
You met a nice chick that is evrrything you desire in a woman but you have a problem with her being of average height?

You claim you're not tall nor short, which means you are also average.

So whats wrong with an average height guy being with an average height woman? Shoot you should be happy she aint as short as Snooki. LOL
True
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by lipsyliscious: 10:07am On Nov 16, 2012
Height is important 2 sum pple n not 2 sum others,look @ Kris humpries n Kim K,did u c their height difference. Relationship involves compromise,u may never get exactly everytin u want in 1 person so even if u move on 2 anoder person u may still find out u have an issue with her. If u feel u cannot compromise in d case of height n u can bear 2 leave d relationship because of it den 5yn because its sumtin she has no control ova,so don't do sumtin u will regret bt if u can live with den go 4 her. But 4 me sha,my husband has got 2 b tall,I'm smallish n I wouldn't want smallish or short children lyk moi,so in d 1st place I wouldn't date a short guy

3 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by UjSizzle(f): 10:40am On Nov 16, 2012
lipsyliscious: Height is important 2 sum pple n not 2 sum others,look @ Kris humpries n Kim K,did u c their height difference. Relationship involves compromise,u may never get exactly everytin u want in 1 person so even if u move on 2 anoder person u may still find out u have an issue with her. If u feel u cannot compromise in d case of height n u can bear 2 leave d relationship because of it den 5yn because its sumtin she has no control ova,so don't do sumtin u will regret bt if u can live with den go 4 her. But 4 me sha,my husband has got 2 b tall,I'm smallish n I wouldn't want smallish or short children lyk moi,so in d 1st place I wouldn't date a short guy
you had to site an example with Kris H n Kim K? See how that turned out.

@OP. Sometimes we let less important issues cloud our judgement, but if her height's gonna be a huge issue in ur marriage then don't even bother marrying her.

Personally i like tall guys. I pray everyday that my future hubby's gonna be taller than my 5'6" and still satisfy my other husband requirements.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 16, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by omotola1(m): 12:48pm On Nov 16, 2012
As for me, height matters. Cos i‘m tall. And i personally put height into consideration even if the person is an Angel. I can‘t afford to live the rest of my life with someone i don‘t entirely appreciate.
Op, there are good girls out there with good height, take your time.
Sample well well & find the person that has got the personality that totally suits you 95%.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2012
Bros Archorjp,

I used to have this issue too. But I spoke with someone who helped me to prioritize. It's like wanting a woman with big boobs and then when you get in you discover that there are lots of tins you don't like about her. So I say you prioritize. What is more important to you, marrying a chic that's got height or marrying a chic that flows with you and will bring you happiness? Note, that you can't have everything at the beginning.

There are certain questions you need to consider: Do you feel you can live with her for the rest of your life? Why is height so important to you? What do you hope to achieve with a taller chic? Do you think you would be happier with a tall chic than with a short one? Is she short , beautiful and presentable?

But if I were you and this chic scores like 70% in the things I want in a wife and fails in the height part only, bros I go marry am oh, cos 70% is an A, you know. And a A-chic is hard to find.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by sholajohn(f): 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2012
angryYou should be happy dat you r taller than her and not the other way round. I wish my bf is taller dan me but its not only about the outward appearance but the inner. If wishes were horses, beggers wld ride. So appreciate wat you have b4 u loss it. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by fairygeh(f): 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
Sincerely I have never dated someone I am taller than,have an average height for a lady and I totally like tall guys.but this is marriage ur talkng about and not dating,if u sincerely love her,the height shouldn't be an issue and if its an issue she could always wear heels na to cover up for her being short.abi what are heels meant for grin

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Ezekieljohn: 10:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
If it's about mariage, what realy matters is who u r getting married to and not their 'figures '
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Joliecoco: 11:12pm On Nov 17, 2012
yes, I am a tall girl ,so height is impt to me.
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by achorjp(m): 7:39am On Nov 19, 2012
I do really appreciate al ur comments. I think i ve gathered enuf info 2 make decision wt.
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by MadCow1: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
I would be lying if I say it's not important. It's a major issue for me.
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by MadCow1: 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
Too darn romantic...

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Mynd44: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
ItsModella: I would be lying if I say it's not important. It's a major issue for me.
Are you that tall?
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mynd_44:
Are you that tall?
Yep, I am.
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mad Cow: Too darn romantic...

awwwwww... i want a pair of jordans!! sad

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
ItsModella:
Yep, I am.
how tall?
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Mynd44: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
ItsModella:
Yep, I am.
Height?
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:
how tall?
6ft
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by UjSizzle(f): 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
Idowuogbo short but i still accepted her proposal.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by dilbert100: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
not an issue at all.
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by markus1133: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
yes
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by UjSizzle(f): 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
ItsModella:
6ft

That's why you play b-ball
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
uj_sizzle:

That's why you play b-ball
yep!!

why are you now a guy? you f*cking with Idowu?
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Mynd44: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
ItsModella:
6ft
Waoh. You try.

Idowu, how tall are you?
Re: Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
uj_sizzle: Idowuogbo short but i still accepted her proposal.
far from short b! am close to 6ft 2 ya no! team long legs bebe!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is It That Some Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flower Gifts? / Video Of Erica And Kiddwaya Caught Having Sex / Good Ere On How To Know A Gay: ''IF Your Boyfriend Doesn't Have Side Chick... "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.