Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Finding It Hard To Think Of A Great Web Idea - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Finding It Hard To Think Of A Great Web Idea (545 Views)

Am Finding It Difficult To Change My Blogger Blog Colour / Finding It Difficult To Choose A Domain Name? Twitter Shares Your Pain. / Are You Still Finding It Difficult To Learn Php / Mysql, See If This Would Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finding It Hard To Think Of A Great Web Idea by nairawall: 9:55am On Nov 17, 2012
Outside Forum, blog, webhosting, webdesign and social network web application concepts, which I think is a bit saturated right now in Nigeria, is there any other web application or web business idea or model the Nigeria web application developer can focus on?

Those with new emerging ideas can share!

I noticed IrokoTV team is gradually taking online music from NotJustOk.com
Re: Finding It Hard To Think Of A Great Web Idea by yawatide(f): 11:34am On Nov 17, 2012
Despite all that is out there, there is something that is yet to be done. Don't go for what's there. Go do your own thing. Don't copy-copy or borrow-borrow. Most of the sites you have seen suffer from lack of a Unique Selling Point and will fail or make meager money.

What you need to do is go to a place you've never been before, a place that is peaceful and tranquil and stay for at least a day, thinking of nothing. Once you've blocked all the worldly distractions from your mind, then and only then do you start to ponder what you need to do. Basically I am asking you to meditate.

Good luck!
Re: Finding It Hard To Think Of A Great Web Idea by Afam4eva(m): 11:38am On Nov 17, 2012
Forums, blogs, social networks etc will be around for a very long time to come. It's just that they'll evolve to something a little bit different. So, even withing those saturated products, you could come up with something great that will be your USP.

1 Like

Re: Finding It Hard To Think Of A Great Web Idea by nairawall: 11:59am On Nov 17, 2012
After several thoughts, I finally think I will want to try out an application that can support all or some of these features (Microblogging, Forums, news, classifieds, business directory, polls etc) in a more dynamic and sociable way. Also I will like to focus on Africa not just Nigeria.

From google search I just ran for some leading ideas, I discovered that almost all the big portals (facebook, linkedin, myspace) supports these basic web apps but they tend to tweak it in a way that makes theirs unique.
Re: Finding It Hard To Think Of A Great Web Idea by PGON(m): 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
afam4eva: Forums, blogs, social networks etc will be around for a very long time to come. It's just that they'll evolve to something a little bit different. So, even withing those saturated products, you could come up with something great that will be your USP.

Good advice ....

addition

If you don't have the zeal/drive/enthusiasm ..don't jump into anything just because of money... You might get frustrated

ICT /Web is fun .... and money too...

(1) (Reply)

Learn Web Design At Home / I Need Someone Who Can Help Me Create Mobile Applications For A Bulk Sms Website / Please What Ways Can A Web Designer Get More Clients?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.