Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Super Tuesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Super Tuesday (8915 Views)

Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday / Senate Won't Disclose #Thelist Until Plenary On Tuesday - Saraki / Nigeria Finally Concedes Bakassi To Cameroon: Ahead Of Tuesday's Broadcast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Tuesday by 4Him(m): 4:14am On Feb 06, 2008
Was wondering if anyone was keenly following the super tuesday democratic and republican primaries.

John Mccain seems to be sweeping through the big states. For the democrats Obama shld be grateful Edward pulled out . . . the race is tight and too close to call.

Go Barack!
Re: Super Tuesday by almondjoy(f): 5:50am On Feb 06, 2008
I am watching very closely.  The deal with the Democrats will go on for months.  Since it is a close call between Obama and Clinton.

The joys of political campaigns in "the free civilized" world as opposed to "diabolical jungle politics"!

I am loving every bit of it!

Clinton takes Nevada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! And it counts! cool
Re: Super Tuesday by 4Him(m): 7:34am On Feb 06, 2008
okay this may be superstition but Missouri has correctly predicted every US president but 1 in the last 100yrs. Obama just took MO by 1% of the votes!

Clinton is winning on the latino votes - Arizona, Carlifornia. The Kennedys also lost massachussets.
Re: Super Tuesday by eaz(f): 7:40am On Feb 06, 2008
My people I have been following and I've been loving every minute. Democracy is really different in the U.S. Anyway what's this delegate and super delegate issue? Go Barack! Enyi mba Enyi.
Re: Super Tuesday by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 06, 2008
my heart goes out to obama but my head's tellin me clinton will clinch the nomination come summer
anyways, wat do i know, i was supporting romney all along, but lets face it, the gop really don't have anything going for them.
the dems are up and up in the overall popular vote by some 14 million voters who turned out to vote on super tuesday which to me is a clear indication that the reps are gonna get their asses whipped at the gen election
G.B this is all ur fault!!
Re: Super Tuesday by 4Him(m): 7:57am On Feb 06, 2008
@ eaz, this shld explain the delegates/super delegates conundrum abit better. (just for the democratic party though)
http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/primaries/democraticprimaries/index.html
Re: Super Tuesday by almondjoy(f): 8:33am On Feb 06, 2008
[size=30pt]DAVIDYLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] shocked

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Thank God for David's blog ooooooooooooh! I guessed as much but I had serious doubts. Welcome back!
Re: Super Tuesday by Horus(m): 11:31am On Feb 06, 2008
Barack Obama Super Tuesday Speech Part 1
Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KS94D2tmPYo

Barack Obama Super Tuesday Speech Part 2
Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R7XvClt6hdE
Re: Super Tuesday by segunpc(m): 11:37am On Feb 06, 2008
i just want the democrat to win irrespective of the candidate.
Re: Super Tuesday by otele(m): 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2008
republicans are going to win in november. obama and clinton rivalry will undo the dems and leave the reps with the "protest votes" of whoever looses the dems nomination therefore get ready for president McCain in november. . . . .but also get ready for state burial because that guy lifespan don de finish grin
Re: Super Tuesday by Horus(m): 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2008
get ready for president McCain in november. . . . .but also get ready for state burial because that guy lifespan don de finish
McCain is so old that he will probably be dead before November. grin
Re: Super Tuesday by otele(m): 1:56pm On Feb 06, 2008
lol. so rommie should just hang on grin grin grin
Re: Super Tuesday by McKren(m): 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2008
John McCain is simply doing his grandchildren injustice

He should be looking after them
Re: Super Tuesday by omoge(f): 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2008
Leave McCain alone. he has a young wife and should keep him alive  cheesy

4Him, so why you dey always use my schl mascot grin
Re: Super Tuesday by otele(m): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2008
is that woman his wife shocked shocked
i thought it was his grandchild grin

i once saw his mother . . she remided me of the video of michael jackson thriller grin grin
Re: Super Tuesday by Dreloaded(f): 3:40pm On Feb 06, 2008
4Him, shouldnt you be a Republican? cheesy
Re: Super Tuesday by bibiking1(m): 3:46pm On Feb 06, 2008
NO WOMAN OR MAN BOURNE OF A BLACK RACE SHALL SIT ATOP THE HIGHEST POST IN THE LAND, RULE 101

how can you people ever forget that?

GO CAIN!!!!!!!!
Re: Super Tuesday by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2008
Horus:

McCain is so old that he will probably be dead before November. grin

Jeez that's too harsh, take it easy smiley.

Though I don't know why, I just don't like John McCain.

To tell you guys the truth I am very impressed about how the US conduct their electoral proceedings. A very, very, very, very, sharp contrast from you know where wink
Re: Super Tuesday by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 06, 2008
NO WOMAN OR MAN BOURNE OF A BLACK RACE SHALL SIT ATOP THE HIGHEST POST IN THE LAND, RULE 101

Please save us from your childish sentiments and grow up cheesy.
Re: Super Tuesday by yvonnebn: 4:07pm On Feb 06, 2008
Vacancy in a publishing company
by HRV Communications
We are looking for editors and marketers for our magazine.
young, out-going, and dedicated individual.
preferrably someone groomed in marketing, mass comm. or related qualification.
Job located in festac town Lagos.
interested and qualified persons should contact weddingbellsmag@yahoo.com or von2k2@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Super Tuesday by omoge(f): 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2008
stillwater:

To tell you guys the truth I am very impressed about how the US conduct their electoral proceedings. A very, very, very, very, sharp contrast from you know where wink

NIGERIA wink
Re: Super Tuesday by mystikal(m): 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2008
so what happens of neither Obama or Clinton get the magic 2,025 delagates to win?
Re: Super Tuesday by McKren(m): 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2008
Thats only possible if some delegates refuse to vote.
Re: Super Tuesday by bibiking1(m): 5:01pm On Feb 06, 2008
stillwater:

Please save us from your childish sentiments and grow up cheesy.

very well lets see hoe "childish" it turns out to be!
Re: Super Tuesday by bibiking1(m): 5:08pm On Feb 06, 2008
McKren:

Thats only possible if some delegates refuse to vote.
its possible right?
Re: Super Tuesday by 4Him(m): 5:44pm On Feb 06, 2008
@ almondjoy . . . yay glad to be back tx. grin

omoge:

4Him, so why you dey always use my schl mascot grin

lol where have YOU been? wink

D-reloaded:

4Him, shouldnt you be a Republican? cheesy

like Mccain and George "calamity" Bush?

mystikal:

so what happens of neither Obama or Clinton get the magic 2,025 delagates to win?

Super delegates will vote so that wont happen.

bibiking1:

come back here in november and swallow ur pride.
Re: Super Tuesday by JeSoul(f): 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2008
angry I'm rather disappointed McCain is the Rep front-runner with no one close behind him. This lack of "options" is rather disappointing and is sure to catapult whoever the Dem nom is into the favorite to win in Nov. I don't think McCain has the fire to rally the people behind him.

I was suprised to see Clinton take the big states like Ny and Cali. . . and I really thot a real front runner woulda emerged by today but they dead even! this is fun to watch.
  Obama took 82% of black democratic votes looks like the black people are firmly behind him. Though I'd like to see more diversity/flexibility there. I think it shows black people don't form their own opinions and rather go with who their minister/pastor or other notable/prominent black names endorses - and in this case it helps that Obama is black too.

Personally I think obama is a better choice than hillary, BUT I'm less than enthused at the choices available on both tables (dem and rep). No one really does it for me.  undecided
Re: Super Tuesday by uyai(f): 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2008
@ Jesoul

You are not saying he took half of white votes in GEORGIA of all places. that he took majority of white voters under age 45. that clinton took majority of the women votes. your analysis is definitely biased. you are just saying what the pundits are saying in the drive by media.
Re: Super Tuesday by EmekaNaija(m): 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2008
Jesoul

There is diversity in Obama's support. He wins across both red and blue states. He performs equitably well even among whites. Even among women, he has a fair enough representation. Obama's strategists need to work out a formula to win over the Latino and Asian votes. This is the only advantage Clinton has over the Western States. I hope this formula is worked out before Texas primaries.And there is no stopping Obama.
Re: Super Tuesday by 4Him(m): 7:20pm On Feb 06, 2008
JeSoul:

angry I'm rather disappointed McCain is the Rep front-runner with no one close behind him. This lack of "options" is rather disappointing and is sure to catapult whoever the Dem nom is into the favorite to win in Nov. I don't think McCain has the fire to rally the people behind him.

As long as McCain is the Republican nominee the Democrats have a very good chance of winning come Nov.

JeSoul:

I was suprised to see Clinton take the big states like Ny and Cali. . . and I really thot a real front runner woulda emerged by today but they dead even! this is fun to watch.

Clinton is a senator from NY so no surprises there.

JeSoul:

Obama took 82% of black democratic votes looks like the black people are firmly behind him. Though I'd like to see more diversity/flexibility there. I think it shows black people don't form their own opinions and rather go with who their minister/pastor or other notable/prominent black names endorses - and in this case it helps that Obama is black too.

Obama took 43% of white votes to Clinton's 51%, Obama won in Idaho, NorthDakota, connecticut, Missouri . . . so you cant talk of this just being a case of black voters.
I'm not surprised black voters are backing him so much, its the first time they are seeing one of their own compete favourably for the highest position in the land.
Re: Super Tuesday by JeSoul(f): 7:45pm On Feb 06, 2008
uyai:

@ Jesoul

You are not saying he took half of white votes in GEORGIA of all places. that he took majority of white voters under age 45. that clinton took majority of the women votes. your analysis is definitely biased. you are just saying what the pundits are saying in the drive by media.

And you're missing my point, we're in essence saying the same thing. Obviously the way he's splitting white votes with hillary suggests that our dear white folks are not leaning in one direction! the simple fact he runs away with all the black votes highly suggests that we're biased towards him, and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with wanting to supprt one of our own. Everyone can vote how they like.
Likewise the gender bias in hillary snagging all the female votes.

EmekaNaija:

Jesoul

There is diversity in Obama's support. He wins across both red and blue states. He performs equitably well even among whites. Even among women, he has a fair enough representation. Obama's strategists need to work out a formula to win over the Latino and Asian votes. This is the only advantage Clinton has over the Western States. I hope this formula is worked out before Texas primaries.And there is no stopping Obama.
You're right there is diversity in the make up of his voters BUT when 82% of one grp leans for him, I think that is clearly indicative of a bias. A more even spilt woulda told us black people are being color-blind when they vote.
Re: Super Tuesday by JeSoul(f): 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2008
4Him:

As long as McCain is the Republican nominee the Democrats have a very good chance of winning come Nov.

Clinton is a senator from NY so no surprises there.

Obama took 43% of white votes to Clinton's 51%, Obama won in Idaho, NorthDakota, connecticut, Missouri . . . so you can't talk of this just being a case of black voters.
I'm not surprised black voters are backing him so much, its the first time they are seeing one of their own compete favourably for the highest position in the land.

If McCain is the Rep nominee not only will the Dems win, they'll win easily. And if he's the nom, I'm def voting for whoever the democrat nom is. . .
unless Al Gore (or some other spoiler) decides to run as an independent! grin

I thot since Obama is the "celebrity" candidate he would take Cali. But looks like the hispanics like Hillary more.

and no I wasn't saying its black voters that have made him successful. . . he clearly has support all across the board. I was simply saying black people are biased toward him becos he's black, as the voting statistics showed- and honestly thats a bias that I can't really hate on.
I know I'm biased towards black people in many many things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP / Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries / No Alternative To President Buhari - Akpabio Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.