Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,566 members, 7,801,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (782605 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Skymoore1004: 12:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
This is a france thread not U.K.
Raymagnate:
Saw this somewhere thought I should share...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E130CUYq1g
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ABBAChuks: 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
Please who knows how to rent accommodation in France from Nigeria here?
I need help.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by flyway: 3:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
This is probably the hardest part of the VISA process. There are a few options though:

1. CROUS student residence (the cheapest option, usually meant for students with scholarships). International students can apply for this from July 9.

2. Other private residences; you can check the following sites: lokaviz.fr *, studapart.com **, leboncoin.fr, location-etudiant.fr etc.

The biggest challenge with renting a place is getting a guarantor who is usually someone resident and paying taxes in France and usually having a monthly income of about 3x the monthly rent for the accommodation. There are other options the guarantor like VISALE (free but not widely accepted by private landlords) and garantme.fr (Paid, but some landlords may not accept it).

* Student accommodation with private individuals managed by CROUS
** Usually charges a booking fee of about 180 euros

ABBAChuks:
I need help.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Gavrelino123: 6:49pm On Jun 25, 2020
ABBAChuks:
I need help.

Have you gotten admission?

What university??
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 8:50am On Jun 29, 2020
Nigeria excluded from list of countries that are allow to enter EU when borders reopen on July 1st

Nationals of the countries listed below are allow.

Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Australia

Bahamas, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Canada, China, Costa Rica, Cuba

Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Dominica

Egypt, Ethiopia

Georgia,Guyana

India, Indonesia

Jamaica, Japan

Kazakhstan, Kosovo

Lebanon

Mauritius, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar

Namibia, New Zealand, Nicaragua

Palau,Paraguay

Rwanda

Saint Lucia, Serbia, South Korea

Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan

Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan

Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam

Zambia

“The European Union has an internal process to determine from which countries it would be safe to accept travellers,” EU Commission spokesman Eric Mamer said last Thursday, adding that its decisions are “based on health criteria.”

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omotolanibaby(f): 11:22am On Jun 29, 2020
Ashirioluwa:
Nigeria excluded from list of countries that are allow to enter EU when borders reopen on July 1st

Egypt, Ethiopia

Georgia,Guyana

India, Indonesia

Jamaica, Japan

Kazakhstan, Kosovo

Lebanon

Palau,Paraguay

Rwanda

Zambia

“The European Union has an internal process to determine from which countries it would be safe to accept travellers,” EU Commission spokesman Eric Mamer said last Thursday, adding that its decisions are “based on health criteria.”
Omg
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ABBAChuks: 10:48am On Jun 30, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

Egypt, Ethiopia

Georgia,Guyana

India, Indonesia

Jamaica, Japan

Kazakhstan, Kosovo

Lebanon

Palau,Paraguay

Rwanda

Zambia

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ABBAChuks: 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
flyway:
This is probably the hardest part of the VISA process. There are a few options though:

1. CROUS student residence (the cheapest option, usually meant for students with scholarships). International students can apply for this from July 9.

2. Other private residences; you can check the following sites: lokaviz.fr *, studapart.com **, leboncoin.fr, location-etudiant.fr etc.

The biggest challenge with renting a place is getting a guarantor who is usually someone resident and paying taxes in France and usually having a monthly income of about 3x the monthly rent for the accommodation. There are other options the guarantor like VISALE (free but not widely accepted by private landlords) and garantme.fr (Paid, but some landlords may not accept it).

* Student accommodation with private individuals managed by CROUS
** Usually charges a booking fee of about 180 euros

Please can you guide me?
If possible let me contact you on WhatsApp
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davisoncrusoe25: 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hello People!

What documents should I prepare for the pre-consular interview at Campus France office?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Skymoore1004: 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
They should send you an email with checklist
davisoncrusoe25:
Hello People!

What documents should I prepare for the pre-consular interview at Campus France office?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by johnsonm2g: 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
EU opens borders to 15 countries, excludes Nigeria, others. https://punchng.com/eu-opens-borders-to-15-countries-excludes-nigeria-others/
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davisoncrusoe25: 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hello People!
Where can I find the online application form needed to attend to attend the pre-consular interview?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by IsaacOgiku(m): 5:09am On Jul 07, 2020
I am Isaac by name.I am from Benin City.
I just got admission to study masters in Energy and solar buildings in University of Savoie Mont Blanc,France
Please,i want to be thoroughly guided on the next steps.
Including step by step process of visa application.
Filling of forms without making unnecessary mistakes that can lead to visa denial
Please i will be asking some questions to know more.

Regards everyone.......
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by IsaacOgiku(m): 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
Dear all,
Please somebody should help me o..
I am filling visa application form on French website for study
I am on the accommodation section.I intend putting school name and address,who to contact.But the letter issued me by campus France has no school adddress. What should I fill?
I wrote a mail to the school already. How will I get those details?
is it right if I get them from school website even if they are not the admission letter?
Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ABBAChuks: 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
This accommodation issue is really tough oo.
Why is French student visa application so complicated compared to that of Germany?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by flyway: 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
Did you apply for CROUS?

ABBAChuks:
Why is French student visa application so complicated compared to that of Germany?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ABBAChuks: 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2020
flyway:
Did you apply for CROUS?

The school says I have to agree to pay by middle of July for accommodation starting from first September 2020 even if I am unable to enter France by then.

How can I agree to pay rent for accommodation when you are not even sure that the pandemic will allow you to go.
And the rent is not even cheap - 400 Euros, per month.

I need to rent private accommodation.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Skymoore1004: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2020
No offence but that’s your best bet atm.
Getting accommodation via CROUS is very very slim. Again, it’s not possible that you cannot go to France by September. Campus on france is already doing interviews. VFS will open by month end according to their post on Facebook.
ABBAChuks:

The school says I have to agree to pay by middle of July for accommodation starting from first September 2020 even if I am unable to enter France by then.

How can I agree to pay rent for accommodation when you are not even sure that the pandemic will allow you to go.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by flowergirl222: 7:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
IsaacOgiku:
Dear all,
I am on the accommodation section.I intend putting school name and address,who to contact.But the letter issued me by campus France has no school adddress. What should I fill?
is it right if I get them from school website even if they are not the admission letter?
Thanks

Google is your best friend.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by flowergirl222: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2020
ABBAChuks:

I want to believe that private housing is quite expensive to renting with CROUS. If I am wrong, kindly let me know how you got a cheaper one. I need something relatively cheap too. Mine is Grenoble.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by flyway: 9:27pm On Jul 12, 2020
Call Campus France: ‭0704 472 3330‬,

IsaacOgiku:
Dear all,
Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by African26(m): 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
African26:
Hello fellows

An invitation letter was sent to me, I don't know how to prepare my documents. I'm not working, because I'm an undergraduate student. I have travelled twice to Cameroon. And I don't know my chance of securing the French visa.

The documents I have

*Birth certificate
*Certificate of origin
*Letter of introduction and reasons for my traveling.
*valid international Passport
*Statement of account from the inviter
*Proof of accommodation from the inviter
*Letter of invitation
*Letter of introduction from the inviter

Do I need another documents??

Please help out

Your chance is very slim, on the low side but try your luck.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Skymoore1004: 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
You have to build your travel history before you dive into applying for the Schengen zones brother
African26:
Hello fellows

An invitation letter was sent to me, I don't know how to prepare my documents. I'm not working, because I'm an undergraduate student. I have travelled twice to Cameroon. And I don't know my chance of securing the French visa.

The documents I have

*Birth certificate
*Certificate of origin
*Letter of invitation

Please help out
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by electromagnito: 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2020
ABBAChuks:
I need help.

I would have advice you use leboncoin.fr to rent a house but the problem is getting certificate d'herbergment so i will advice you contain your department for help
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by electromagnito: 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
ABBAChuks:
No french visa is the eaisiest trust me, maybe getting accomodation can be difficult which is important, all you need to do is contact your department to help out... or visit studapart.fr to get a certificate.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by electromagnito: 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
ABBAChuks:

chill the agreement is not equivalent to you paying while in Nigeria.. agree and get the accomodation certificate, when you reach, you will get acomodation cheaper via leboncoin.fr
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ABBAChuks: 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2020
electromagnito:
chill the agreement is not equivalent to you paying while in Nigeria.. agree and get the accomodation certificate, when you reach, you will get acomodation cheaper via leboncoin.fr

This is the email. I don't even have the money to pay as of mid July.
So I have rejected the offer and will probably have to use studapart.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Skymoore1004: 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2020
Big mistake
ABBAChuks:

This is the email. I don't even have the money to pay as of mid July.
So I have rejected the offer and will probably have to use studapart.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sirrotex: 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
Try to include evidence of studentship. Admission letter, course forms, school fees receipt even a letter from your department. You also need to include your statement of account in addition to that of your sponsor and state the relationship between you and your sponsor. Good luck
African26:
Hello fellows

The documents I have

*Birth certificate
*Certificate of origin
*Letter of invitation

Please help out

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by African26(m): 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sirrotex: 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
It doesn't need to get to the VC stage. It can be done by the Faculty officer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (379) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.