Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (785408 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2022
False. Depending on your situation you can request for pick-up. In my case, as the travel date was fast approaching, I requested that the passport not be dispatched to the courier company.

I only had to send an email for their records and was asked to come for pick-up.

sihamey:

France visa ?

Mind you same VFS in lagos has other countries as a application collections center. China is there but you must pick up your passport they will not courier it that’s their rule same VFS.

Canada same vfs has their own rule of collection either pick up or courier as well as other countries same building own by vfs

HRprof:

Since during Covid 19 VFS stop passport pick up option, even if you stay in their backyard UPS will deliver it to you .
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2022
Newbiein2016:
False. Depending on your situation you can request for pick-up. In my case, as the travel date was fast approaching, I requested that the passport not be dispatched to the courier company.

I only had to send an email for their records and was asked to come for pick-up.

Are you talking of Frence visa ? I know VFS process many countries but I don’t know about others. Last year I was told pick up passport is no longer available for France visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2022
ROME MOSTLY

And also visited MIlan before going on a day trip to Switzerland
davodyguy:

Which part of Italy did you stay in 2019?

Also how was the transport like?

Heard public transportation can be very messy
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2022
that was my first time in europe so i dont know much on how to use their metro and bus i was using taxi athrough it exhaut my money oo

but now am more friendly using the metro line

davodyguy:

Which part of Italy did you stay in 2019?

Also how was the transport like?

Heard public transportation can be very messy
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2022
Yes, it was my french visa.

I think they approach this on a case by case basis given they allowed me without much ado to pickup.

HRprof:

Are you talking of Frence visa ? I know VFS process many countries but I don’t know about others. Last year I was told pick up passport is no longer available for France visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2022
Newbiein2016:

That's my belief also.

COVID-19 is 'gone' there's no more restrictions on in person meeting, just that mask is compulsory.

You can use any method to pick up your passport
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
pufframmy:
that was my first time in europe so i dont know much on how to use their metro and bus i was using taxi athrough it exhaut my money oo

but now am more friendly using the metro line

I have always favoured public bus/metro over taxi.

From Dubai, to Sydney, to Tokyo, to Auckland, it's public transportation over expensive taxi.

While in France in 2019, despite the strike by the union, we still used public transportation
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2022
cool

davodyguy:

I have always favoured public bus/metro over taxi.

From Dubai, to Sydney, to Tokyo, to Auckland, it's public transportation over expensive taxi.

While in France in 2019, despite the strike by the union, we still used public transportation
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Bnno: 7:23am On Dec 05, 2022
davodyguy:

lol.

I always laugh when people post online search result that Ticket cost is XYZ.

Try their website I mean the airlines and not what google gives you to see.

The cheapest flight from Lagos or Abuja as of today 30/11/2022 to either Paris or Rome for one individual is N1.1m

Check Air France, KLM, Ethiopian Airlines, Kenya Airways, Air Maroc, Egypt Air

The online search uses official exchange rate to ESTIMATE, which is wrong

how about cheapflight app?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ajalalomo: 2:34am On Dec 07, 2022
I want to apply for a Schengen visa for a minor who is 6 years old.

1. Is a parental consent form or travel authorization letter required?

2. Can I write this letter by myself, or do I need to print out a form?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by babs4all: 7:20am On Dec 07, 2022
Yes. Consent letter is required. To be written and signed by either of the parents. A valid means of ID must be attached by the parent.

Ajalalomo:
I want to apply for a Schengen visa for a minor who is 6 years old.

1. Is a parental consent form or travel authorization letter required?

2. Can I write this letter by myself, or do I need to print out a form?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ajalalomo: 8:59am On Dec 07, 2022
babs4all:
Yes. Consent letter is required. To be written and signed by either of the parents. A valid means of ID must be attached by the parent.

Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Blackfinegirl(f): 10:55am On Dec 07, 2022
Please who knows if walk in is allowed in vfs lagos?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2022
Good morning all.

This is what's attached to our passports

It doesn't indicate returning to embassy upon return.

Can someone help second verify?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Restricted: 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
Who can guide or assist with my Visa application. All i need is someone who can go through my documents to vet if they are in order and someone to assist with all introduction letters.

Also how many months bank statement does France require?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nielda234: 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
Restricted:

Who can guide or assist with my Visa application. All i need is someone who can go through my documents to vet if they are in order and someone to assist with all introduction letters.

Also how many months bank statement does France require?

3months.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2022
not visible enough to see clearly

davodyguy:
Good morning all.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 6:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
pufframmy:
not visible enough to see clearly

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 3:03am On Dec 09, 2022
With few words I can see here I don't think they ask you to present yourself after coming back,
I think they are giving you guideline that your visa must be stamping at the border entry before moving from one schengen country to another [quote author=davodyguy post=119005637][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 6:26am On Dec 09, 2022
davodyguy:
Good morning all.

It’s not visible enough but sometimes they ask applicant to visit embassy after they returned either you indicated or not in application they do that if suspect applicant might seek illegal migration with visit visa.
But do you intend not to return back to Nigeria ?
implications, if you don’t show up at embassy after you rerun to nigeria.
- you might find it difficult to obtain another visa with French embassy etc
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by CowbellY: 6:38am On Dec 09, 2022
Iampeaceful:

Lagos to Paris for three people N1.2m

Lagos to Italy for three people N1.5M

I use Skyscanner for cheap flights or Travel Planna

Have you tried paying?

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 10:17am On Dec 09, 2022
HRprof:

It’s not visible enough but sometimes they ask applicant to visit embassy after they returned either you indicated or not in application they do that if suspect applicant might seek illegal migration with visit visa.
But do you intend not to return back to Nigeria ?
implications, if you don’t show up at embassy after you rerun to nigeria.
- you might find it difficult to obtain another visa with French embassy etc

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 10:17am On Dec 09, 2022
pufframmy:
With few words I can see here I don't think they ask you to present yourself after coming back,
I think they are giving you guideline that your visa must be stamping at the border entry before moving from one schengen country to another

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 11:50am On Dec 09, 2022
it still wht i said above u, they are saying that the border police might ask you of document u use in applying the visa,
and also you should get stamp at the border entry, that is to my understanding
but the part they said you should visit the Italy police if you came in from another schengen country
i dont know why, this first time am seeing this

[quote author=davodyguy post=119019134][/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2022
I don't see any reference of presenting yourself to the embassy upon your return to Nigeria.

I also don't think the line about presenting yourself to the police will apply in your case as I understand you are travelling to Italy as the first Schengen country, so you'll be stamped by border authorities.

[quote author=davodyguy post=119019134][/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 7:38pm On Dec 09, 2022
pufframmy:
it still wht i said above u, they are saying that the border police might ask you of document u use in applying the visa,
and also you should get stamp at the border entry, that is to my understanding
but the part they said you should visit the Italy police if you came in from another schengen country
i dont know why, this first time am seeing this

That's why I shared here for us to see, if this is the new rule.

We got Italy visa and Italy is primary entry country, where our passports would be stamped
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2022
Newbiein2016:
I don't see any reference of presenting yourself to the embassy upon your return to Nigeria.

I also don't think the line about presenting yourself to the police will apply in your case as I understand you are travelling to Italy as the first Schengen country, so you'll be stamped by border authorities.

Exactly.

We get to the border in Italy via Rome.

I can't present my family to Police.

Assuming we arrived in Malta first and then enter Rome thereafter, then we can show up at the police station.

If we also decide to go to Paris and return to Rome, then we can visit the police station
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 11:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
yes that is the rule
but it not like that for france

davodyguy:

Exactly.

We get to the border in Italy via Rome.

I can't present my family to Police.

Assuming we arrived in Malta first and then enter Rome thereafter, then we can show up at the police station.

If we also decide to go to Paris and return to Rome, then we can visit the police station
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Adigunoyo: 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2022
Hello ,

Please would someone pay euro for the visa and appointment fee in naira or in euro.

Should exchange euro or will I pay with debit card at VFS office. Please enlighten me.

Thanks.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2022
Adigunoyo:
Hello ,

Please would someone pay euro for the visa and appointment fee in naira or in euro.

Should exchange euro or will I pay with debit card at VFS office. Please enlighten me.

Thanks.

You pay appointment booking online with your card then pay visa fee at VFS with your card cash no longer accepted
You can pay with Naira card

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2022
naira, and u using naira card

Adigunoyo:
Hello ,

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Iampeaceful(f): 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2022
Please HELP me out.

Good evening house.
Please my family applied for Schengen Visas using Sweden as the entry since 24th November.

An Email came 29th November that it is with Swedish Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya for processing.

Then on the 7th of December, they sent this one i attached here. Does it mean a decision have been made? Should one go to the Lagos VAC for collection?

Courier service was not paid for so we are not expecting them to deliver the passports to us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (380) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.