Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,506 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (783087 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thelma76(f): 12:44pm On May 31, 2023
hunee:
Congratuloba Thelma, I have been awaiting this news. Safe trip grin grin

Thank you oooo grin and thanks for the contributions!!

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 2:41pm On May 31, 2023
thelma76:

Thank you! I did it at VFS Lagos on Thursday the 18th of May, received a text the next Friday (26th) that it had been dispatched. UPS delivered this morning

Thank you so much for the timeline. Safe trip to France šŸ™‚

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by dami24(f): 3:28pm On May 31, 2023
Drinky:

Congratulations! Please whatā€™s the validity of the Italian visa?

Thank you. 24 days
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by dami24(f): 3:29pm On May 31, 2023
Blessedsteph:

Iā€™m happy for you really. Congratulations

Thank you dear. Iā€™m too happy. Got my passport back today with UK visa as well
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by dami24(f): 3:32pm On May 31, 2023
dami24:
Hi all,

Iā€™m very worried about something, donā€™t know if anyone has been in such fix before.

So I applied for Uk visa on 12th and applied for Italy visa on 14th. I paid for keep my passport with UK in order to be able to submit for Italy visa processing.

1. I didnā€™t know that I will have to resubmit my passport when Uk wants ti make a decision, I thought theyā€™ll just courier the vignette to me to stick on by myself.

Fine, I found that out on processing day and thought okay Iā€™ll just resubmit when Italy own comes back.

But now I have found out that Italy processing particularly takes forever and apparently if you donā€™t resubmit your passport within a specific time frame for UK decision making, they will deny you. šŸ˜­

Itā€™s been a long month and a half. But my passport is finally back with both UK and Italy visas.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 31, 2023
Are appointment dates flexible and subject to change?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hemekhar(m): 8:55am On Jun 01, 2023
With this devaluation move, this would definitely affect your bank balance conversion
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by directonpc(m): 11:33am On Jun 01, 2023
directonpc:

Submitted my documents today. Patiently waiting smiley

So 10 days later (and 7 working days) I received a mail from TLS to come pick up my passport.
I didn't get any email from the Belgium Embassy about rejection or approval. Fingers crossed it will be good news smiley
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2023
Please help. How can I get an earlier date for vfs biometrics and Document submission appointment in lagos for June?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tifelola(f): 2:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
Pls do embassies open during holidays?
If yes..what can be done? Appointment is on the 30th which falls on muslim Ileya period.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
AbigailUkaegbu:
Please help. How can I get an earlier date for vfs biometrics and Document submission appointment in lagos for June?
People do not answer questions here like the UK and Us thread. Sad

Vfs appointment date online is showing 19th July 2023 and I plan to travel on the 14th of July 2023. So my question is what should I do? To choose the date and work in for priority service on day of choice? Or what should I do?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by directonpc(m): 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
AbigailUkaegbu:

Vfs appointment date online is showing 19th July 2023 and I plan to travel on the 14th of July 2023. So my question is what should I do? To choose the date and work in for priority service on day of choice? Or what should I do?

You should probably ask this question on the busier UK thread. Or email VFS explaining your situation (I have no idea if this works sha, but they should info if there's a normal channel for pushing your appointment forward.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2023
Check your appointment portal to see if you have the option to reschedule (should be on the left hand side of the screen on a computer).

If not, call/email VFS and ask. If I rem correctly, one could reschedule a max of 1 time before you have to pay a new fee.

Also, I recall sharing a similar response one or two pages back so do try and read other pages for guidance.

Your comment on people not responding is not necessary as this is voluntary work being done by folks in their spare time.

AbigailUkaegbu:
Are appointment dates flexible and subject to change?

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 3:45pm On Jun 01, 2023
Send an email or call VFS to ask. I do recall reading that VFS was open on May 29th (which was declared a holiday).

tifelola:
Pls do embassies open during holidays?
If yes..what can be done? Appointment is on the 30th which falls on muslim Ileya period.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thelma76(f): 9:20am On Jun 02, 2023
AbigailUkaegbu:

You asked a question and one hour later, youā€™re generalizing and making judgements because you havenā€™t gotten a response yet you voluntarily came here to seek information probably based on the fact that you noticed itā€™s a resourceful platform. Smh.

Btw your question is vague. Not every country has a walk-in service at VFS. If you can call VFS to confirm, thatā€™d be great. If itā€™s Portugal, I know you can email the embassy directly to ask for permission to walk in, granted purpose of trip is justified and serious enough to be given a waiver. Otherwise, look for earliest appointment dates with other countries or shift your travel date.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thelma76(f): 9:21am On Jun 02, 2023
directonpc:

So 10 days later (and 7 working days) I received a mail from TLS to come pick up my passport.
I didn't get any email from the Belgium Embassy about rejection or approval. Fingers crossed it will be good news smiley

That is record time!! Meanwhile you can check if the visa was granted or not ahead of passport retrieval or delivery on VOW. They usually update statuses of visa decisions
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tifelola(f): 11:11am On Jun 02, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Send an email or call VFS to ask. I do recall reading that VFS was open on May 29th (which was declared a holiday).

Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2023
thelma76:

That is record time!! Meanwhile you can check if the visa was granted or not ahead of passport retrieval or delivery on VOW. They usually update statuses of visa decisions

Does this also apply to France visas?
Yesterday i tracked my application (biometrics on 24 may) and it states the processed passport has been dispatched from the embassy and bla bla bla and i opted for UPS delivery but i don't know how long UPS will take to deliver the passport. Is there a way to check if visa granted or not?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by directonpc(m): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
thelma76:

Wow, I had no idea. Is this the same as the status on TLS site? It only says passport returned to TLS office.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thelma76(f): 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2023
yerilistik:

Does this also apply to France visas?
Yesterday i tracked my application (biometrics on 24 may) and it states the processed passport has been dispatched from the embassy and bla bla bla and i opted for UPS delivery but i don't know how long UPS will take to deliver the passport. Is there a way to check if visa granted or not?

Not for France. Youā€™d have to wait for your passport to be delivered. Please call UPS plus two three four one two seven one three six zero five and give them your tracking ID and ask for the delivery manā€™s number. The guy who delivered my parcel was practically taking his sweet time and even said ā€œthis other package itā€™s till tomorrow or whenever I have time that Iā€™d deliverā€, who knows if itā€™s the same situation of the rider not prioritizing. Just call them and get them to commit to delivering soon
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by thelma76(f): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
directonpc:

Wow, I had no idea. Is this the same as the status on TLS site? It only says passport returned to TLS office.

I asked and they said in the text message you receive, thereā€™s usually an application reference no and I think you check on the Visa on Web(VOW) page. It typically would tell you if it was accepted or rejected. Itā€™s in French
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by directonpc(m): 8:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
thelma76:

I asked and they said in the text message you receive, thereā€™s usually an application reference no and I think you check on the Visa on Web(VOW) page. It typically would tell you if it was accepted or rejected. Itā€™s in French
Thanks, checked both VOW and TLS, the status doesn't say much.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
thelma76:

Not for France. Youā€™d have to wait for your passport to be delivered. Please call UPS plus two three four one two seven one three six zero five and give them your tracking ID and ask for the delivery manā€™s number. The guy who delivered my parcel was practically taking his sweet time and even said ā€œthis other package itā€™s till tomorrow or whenever I have time that Iā€™d deliverā€, who knows if itā€™s the same situation of the rider not prioritizing. Just call them and get them to commit to delivering soon

Thank you so much.
In fact the UPS man called later today to inform me he was coming to deliver my passport which he actually did and visa granted : 3 months

Thank you all for your feedbacks and advice that help people a lot in this visa application process.

3 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 6:48pm On Jun 03, 2023
wow congratulation so happen to hear a goodness here

KIND share your timeline and DOcuments submitted

yerilistik:

Thank you so much.
In fact the UPS man called later today to inform me he was coming to deliver my passport which he actually did and visa granted : 3 months

Thank you all for your feedbacks and advice that help people a lot in this visa application process.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 11:35pm On Jun 03, 2023
pufframmy:

it was actually a short stay visa of 3 months through family member invitation so the most important documents :
- Attestation d'accueil provided by the family member living in France (usually gotten from the city mayor's office)
- 3 Months statement of account (sponsored by her son in Nigeria)
- insurance cover for the entire period of stay
- Flight booking to and fro

Biometrics done on 24th may
Passport processed by French embassy on the 1st june and sent back to VFS
Passport delivered on the 2nd june by UPS
3 months visa granted, multiple entry

Hope this helps wink
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Champora: 12:35pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hello all,

How many months bank statement is needed for application please. 3 months or 6 months? Iā€™ve seen people supply both and the required documentation list doesnā€™t specify how many months statement is needed.

I hope Axa Manxard is still an alright travel insurance to use? Iā€™m applying to the Netherlands through France.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
pufframmy:

This man

You sha like gist sha grin
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by directonpc(m): 4:24pm On Jun 04, 2023
Champora:
Hello all,

How many months bank statement is needed for application please. 3 months or 6 months? Iā€™ve seen people supply both and the required documentation list doesnā€™t specify how many months statement is needed.

I hope Axa Manxard is still an alright travel insurance to use? Iā€™m applying to the Netherlands through France.

Axa manxard worked for me. I applied for Netherlands via Belgium. Over there they requested for 6 months bank statement.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by directonpc(m): 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
directonpc:

My passport was picked up for me today from TLS Abuja.

My visa was granted. I applied for 4 days single entry visa. Got 6 months multi-entry. All glory goes to God.

5 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HalladeyProsper(m): 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
Champora:
Hello all,

Good afternoon sir,

trust you are doing fine sir, i i work for AXA Mansard, and our travels insurance very well fine for travellers.

You can reach me @my Signature

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (379) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Blessedsteph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.