Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,435 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:13 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (772416 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (375) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ArewaOmoge(f): 3:45am On May 10, 2015
It is very difficult to survive in France if you cannot speak French and you can forget about getting white collar jobs
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ArewaOmoge(f): 3:46am On May 10, 2015
honourableseyi:
I have not read so much or anything about study in france.is it that the place is difficult to survive for nigerian students or the admission and visa processes are difficult?

All of the above
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ArewaOmoge(f): 3:52am On May 10, 2015
[quote author=olanshi post=20453644]I recently help my brother apply for France Tourism Visa which he was denied, so I filed an appeal.. Few days ago, I got a response but believe me I can't read french.. Please is there anyone out there can help me the translations, is it that he won the appeal or the other way round?

The appeal has been refused and that the decision is final.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by aymarshal: 7:17pm On May 10, 2015
Aftere submitting your with your correct email address. A copy will be delivered in your box in PDF format where you can now print
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Benjamite01: 12:23pm On May 19, 2015
Help Needed,
Please i will be happy so see a Useful Comment.I was Denied a French visa for Attending Conference. On the Ground that " Your Intention to Leave the Territory of the Member State before the Expiry of the visa Could not be Ascertained. And there is no Doubt that i submitted all the Necessary Document. I was Given an option to appeal and i did after 2weeks of the visa Denial. its been a Month Now and i have not heard anything. My Question is, Am i going to get Acknowledge that my appeal has been Received? and How Long will it take them to decided on my appeal. 2. Can the appeal still Favour me Since the Conference date has Past. 3. Where do i get there Phone Number. Thanks for Response in Anticipation.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by nattyspice: 5:26pm On May 19, 2015
uzhi:
Hello guys, pls kindly help with dis info. I actually want to go to Italy or spain but need advise on which one is more lenient and whats d probability of getting d visa with d following circumstances:
Monthly salary 200k
Daily income from another biz 2500
Married with a beautiful girl.
Purpose of travelling holiday of 10 days.
Leave letter.
Introduction letter.
Passport.
Hotel nd ticket reservation intact .
Insurance.
Marriage certificate.
Family photo.
Reason for not going with family. She is a teacher and school is on session.
Statement of account with balance of 850k.
Do i stand a chance ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by nattyspice: 5:30pm On May 19, 2015
@ Uhzi, Spain is better and faster, go to vfs office and submit your documents and expect a reply in 10 days

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by udinov(f): 2:35pm On May 23, 2015
I am really thankful for the help I got here. My husband and and I picked up our passport and we were given 1 month visa starting from June 4. You guys were super helpful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by preciouschiomy: 2:41pm On May 25, 2015
lightofjoy:
Hello house, I just got a loan of about 1.2m two weeks ago. I intend to apply for Spainish visa with the total balance in my salary account is 1.4(including the loan). Can I apply & the loan will not adversely affect me. Below are my conditions: I work in a multinational, monthly pay #220K. Kindly advise me.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by topsyalooma: 3:50pm On May 25, 2015
Please I want to find out the chances of myself, wife and son getting a schengen tourist visa and what doc required.. Am a civil Engr and my wife work at Protea Hotel, we have a 1yr old son..We plan to stay in a hotel for 3wks...how much is being expected as a d balance in the statement of account (myself) and can my wife submit her statement of account as well wit pension acct.. We have never traveled outside the country before..work! Work!! Work!!!
Thanks.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by gwincool(m): 7:30pm On May 27, 2015
Please guys, i applied for a France visa on the 5th of May going for a conference which i paid for and i submitted all require document
but my application was refuse base on the statement of account i presented, the money wasn't enough. Please guys what should i do now? should i reapply? cos i am damn so confuse here. Useful advice plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by aspenjnr: 10:14am On Jun 02, 2015
hello am going to france for a conference and the organizer has issued an invitation to me and a copy has been sent to france embassy but i will be using my personal bank statement not the company one what are my chances please respond i have been to togo ghana and benin republic
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Obiwannn: 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
any french student here?

hw is d city grenoble like

and hw easy does the french embassy grant student visas?

cc arewaomoge

modified: honourableseyi, u dey here too? grin
azzin d matter tire me o...
french students no jus de here at all...

i don get 2 germo admission
plus 1 france own...

and i confuse.
u knw hw germo b with blocked acc and all that na..
the france own na even partial scholarship + internship worth 6750EUR totally for the 1yr program..which would b able to take care of me for the total duration of the 1yr am supposed to spend there. nw the problem is,
1) na mech. eng course....i read chem eng in undergrad..so am scared if i go fit cope
2) the course coord. never really confirm the grant for me, he only said i was first on d waiting list and he would inform me as soon as possible IF the grant becomes available
3) i get germo interview 2nd july. and u knw say those pippo de hold person original docs. hw do i nw apply for french interview when my original docs de wit germo embassy if i decide to run the two together?
4) they need accommodation certificate (already paid for i suppose) in france
5) if i end up going to france, i go spend less, but what would d future hold for me there after?
HOW FRANCE DE BEEEEE I KNOW FOR CERTAIN SAY GERMO MAKE SENSE DIE!!! but i no no nothing about France
(abi person go do two masters)
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by AZUH: 6:03am On Jun 03, 2015
bros please how much is the minimum account balance for france visa? i have 1.3 and i have account statement of atleast 350 k monthly ,

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sosanova: 5:37am On Jul 02, 2015
olaopts:
Once again, I'm sorry for sharing the information late. This is my first time of applying for a Schengen visa.

I am a Nigerian studying IT program at an Asian University. All I did was: -

1.) Registered and paid for a conference (The conference is about IT and latest technologies in France)
2.) Requested that the organizer send me an invitation and a copy to the French embassy
3.) Collected letter from my school showing that they are aware of my travel plans
4.) Booked an insurance online for 35 EURO
5.) Booked for hotel reservation and airline (All online and free). Only a credit card is required to guarantee a hotel but nothing is charged
6.) Printed my bank statement via online bank portal (I generated 3 months record from my account online and printed it out)

I submitted all these documents to the French embassy and was told to come back after two weeks.

After the 10th day of submission, I received a call from the French consulate asking me to explain the purpose of my trip to France. I explained everything to him including my future plans (I told him the truth) and at the end of the conversation, he said he will send all the information to France for review. He also told me that he can not guarantee that the visa will be issued but I should come on the given date.

Four days later, I went to the embassy and was given my passport. I opened it and viola, I saw a Schengen visa on it. Was impressed because the whole process is so easy and I did almost everything online.

how did u book for online airline reservation free and how many days does it take before they cancel the free airline reservation, cos I have been searching for where to get a free airline reservation in order to tender along side with my other documents at the French embassy, somebody please give me a link for free airline booking for visa application .
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by lum1: 9:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hello,
I got a scholarship to Grenoble for a PhD . Fully sponsored. But, I am confused about the certificate of accommodation
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by zik4ever: 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
Clearly getting Schengen visa through the French Embassy is a lot easier than through Belgium Embassy with intent to visit Netherlands. Ladies and gents have had harrowing experiences at the Belgium Embassy in Abuja.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Obiwannn: 10:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
lum1:
Hello,
I got a scholarship to Grenoble for a PhD . Fully sponsored. But, I am confused about the certificate of accommodation

wow! is it UJF?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by lum1: 3:37am On Jul 25, 2015
No, Its INP
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Obiwannn: 10:43am On Jul 25, 2015
lum1:
No, Its INP

okay, got a scholarship to UJF...
The accommodation certificate is one which you get when you apply for a room. It shows thzt you have a room or are about to get a room and It should be signed and should contain your full duration of study period. I got mine directly from my school's accommodation office. Try doing one or two google searches to see if you can contact private landlords. They give this certificate too.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by lum1: 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
Obiwannn:

okay, got a scholarship to UJF...
The accommodation certificate is one which you get when you apply for a room. It shows thzt you have a room or are about to get a room and It should be signed and should contain your full duration of study period. I got mine directly from my school's accommodation office. Try doing one or two google searches to see if you can contact private landlords. They give this certificate too.

Thanks so much. You have been most helpful. We should hook up when we get there
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Obiwannn: 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
lum1:

Thanks so much. You have been most helpful. We should hook up when we get there
ERMMM.. OKAY BOSS. WHEN ARE U RESUMING AND WHEN DO U INTEND FIXIN UR VISA INTERVIEW?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by lum1: 9:55am On Jul 27, 2015
Obiwannn:
ERMMM.. OKAY BOSS. WHEN ARE U RESUMING AND WHEN DO U INTEND FIXIN UR VISA INTERVIEW?

I intend to do it this week since the minimum time to apply is 8 weeks before the start of the program. I would be starting October 1st
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Obiwannn: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2015
lum1:

I intend to do it this week since the minimum time to apply is 8 weeks before the start of the program. I would be starting October 1st

well, its 4 weeks, not 8 weeks.

I'm holding off for August 10th
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ogunsegun(m): 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
Please I need a web side to register a conference and how to paid for the conference. Please help with this
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by veleta: 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
Please my mum wants to apply schengen visa through France but she is a retired civil servant.what document will she present in lieu of employment and leave letter.Also, when does the date start to count, is it from the issue date of the visa or the date you enter a schengen state.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Cc: tzetzefly, justi4jesu
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
Obiwannn:

well, its 4 weeks, not 8 weeks.

I'm holding off for August 10th

I advise you apply 3months before, I applied since May and I'm yet to be called to pick up my passport as I'm speaking to you.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Obiwannn: 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
Mandem:

I advise you apply 3months before, I applied since May and I'm yet to be called to pick up my passport as I'm speaking to you.
Where ar u headed? May? Those dudes are damn slow
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
Obiwannn:
Where ar u headed? May? Those dudes are damn slow
Paris for a MBA, My travel date was for August 1st and school resumes in October
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by luckbealady: 8:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Mandem:

Paris for a MBA, My travel date was for August 1st and school resumes in October

I saw this post just want to give some pointers on French administration (includes embassy & consulates).

In July & August, many public servants in France administration are on vacation, so the administrative process is really slow. I have a friend from Nigeria whose French student visa took 3months to be approved, and she lost some of her money deposited for accommodation. So my advice is apply as soon as possible, and anticipate delays. France is not known for efficient administrative process at all, I know this because I live in France.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Obiwannn: 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
luckbealady:

I saw this post just want to give some pointers on French administration (includes embassy & consulates).

In July & August, many public servants in France administration are on vacation, so the administrative process is really slow. I have a friend from Nigeria whose French student visa took 3months to be approved, and she lost some of her money deposited for accommodation. So my advice is apply as soon as possible, and anticipate delays. France is not known for efficient administrative process at all, I know this because I live in France.

finally someone comes to the rescue...where have u been all this while mi lady?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2015
luckbealady:

Yes Thanks, I'm very aware of this thats why I applied in May I also wanted to avoid the tourist crowd of June/July at the VFS, I had to sign up on NL so i could tell the Prospective PhD students too..lol the french dont play with their holidays

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (375) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.