Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (786073 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (381) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Lee310: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
BabaOman:

I asked questions here; nobody answered my questions. Anyway, I picked my passport today with Visa.( 2 months, Mult, 30 days stay)

I submitted letter from my employer, bank statement, insurance, flight reservation, accommodation( I made mistake her, submitted the one I cancelled and was unable to submit the correct one), copies of my visas. No cover letter. Submitted and Biometric July 31st, Picked today because of Eid holiday. Purpose is Tourism.

Good luck to others

Congratulations...

What's the range of your account balance ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omeje4real83: 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2019
mrphysics:

Well, it depends on the school and program. For some schools, you'd need proof of Engligh proficiency while for others, it is not required. If you can get a certificate from your school stating that English was the language of your undergraduate study, then you may not need any other proofs.

The French schools are stubborn and they decline application for no just reason. Imagine that I applied for Master program (M1 General Physics) and it was rejected because of unsuitable undergraduate studies. Lol, with a B.Sc in Physics and Astronomy while most of their undergraduate studies over there is just for 3 years, ours is 4 years. Their M1 curriculum was covered in our final year, so for schools like University of Grenoble, they take you for M2 after looking at your transcript.

My point is that you never can tell the mood of the person assessing your application

@mrphysics, greetings able physicist smiley. I will briefly like to address the bolded part of your comment.

Every school (either in France or any part of the world) have reasons for rejecting student's application. If the reason for ones rejection is started, good and fine, it's an indication that one need to solidify his or her application and try another school. On a good note, 3 years of BSc education majorly in physics in France is the same or even more than the 4 years in Nigerian universities. Please, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to water down Nigerian education system, I also passed through the same system.

Secondly, Bro, you said M1 curriculum was covered in your first year of bachelors in Nigeria cry? Hmm... Things seems different from whatever you see or read online about the curriculum of some universities majorly in France. Well, If you're speaking from experience, I agree with assertion, but if not, you will better understand what I'm saying once you get to France.

Cheers!!!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mrphysics(m): 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
omeje4real83:

@mrphysics, greetings able physicist smiley. I will briefly like to address the bolded part of your comment.

Every school (either in France or any part of the world) have reasons for rejecting student's application. If the reason for ones rejection is started, good and fine, it's an indication that one need to solidify his or her application and try another school. On a good note, 3 years of BSc education majorly in physics in France is the same or even more than the 4 years in Nigerian universities. Please, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to water down Nigerian education system, I also passed through the same system.

Secondly, Bro, you said M1 curriculum was covered in your first year of bachelors in Nigeria cry? Hmm... Things seems different from whatever you see or read online about the curriculum of some universities majorly in France. Well, If you're speaking from experience, I agree with assertion, but if not, you will better understand what I'm saying once you get to France.

Cheers!!!
The courses in the first year of Master, General Physics was covered in our Final Year. Physics is the same everywhere save that the experience of the lecturers and the application matters.

I am currently going for an MSc in Nuclear Engineering. However, most people who applied to University of Grenoble Alps were admitted for M2 after verifying their transcript. Few of them will only take one or two M1 courses.

My point is that rejections are based on things you can't substantiate. Most of them give one general reason and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omeje4real83: 2:12am On Aug 19, 2019
mrphysics:

The courses in the first year of Master, General Physics was covered in our Final Year. Physics is the same everywhere save that the experience of the lecturers and the application matters.

I am currently going for an MSc in Nuclear Engineering. However, most people who applied to University of Grenoble Alps were admitted for M2 after verifying their transcript. Few of them will only take one or two M2 courses.

My point is that rejections are based on things you can't substantiate. Most of them give one general reason and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Smiles... Alright bro. I know physics is the same everywhere cos I'm also in the same field (M2). However, thanks for the clarification.

All the best.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mrphysics(m): 2:20am On Aug 19, 2019
omeje4real83:

Smiles... Alright bro. I know physics is the same everywhere cos I'm also in the same field (M2). However, thanks for the clarification.

All the best.
Great to hear sir. Which school boss?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OmoBendel24: 6:12am On Aug 19, 2019
omeje4real83:

Cheers!!!

FINAL YEAR he said, not First Year.... And that's a lot of difference in terms of possibility methinks

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by LewinskyMon: 7:45am On Aug 19, 2019
cool
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omeje4real83: 9:34am On Aug 19, 2019
mrphysics:

Great to hear sir. Which school boss?

Thank you boss.

University of Jean Monnet.

shocked wink smiley
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omeje4real83: 9:36am On Aug 19, 2019
OmoBendel24:

FINAL YEAR he said, not First Year.... And that's a lot of difference in terms of possibility methinks

Noted!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by samhardy: 9:45am On Aug 19, 2019
Nice thread... Pls I wanna japaa to France to hustle ooo wit a visit visa, wat is possibility of gettin a job? I ll appreciate response from any one who has this experience. This country don tire person
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by BabaOman(f): 12:11pm On Aug 19, 2019
Kuploni:
Congratulations bro, did you also submit tenancy agreement or landed property added to your documents..

The items mentioned are the ones I submitted.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by BabaOman(f): 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2019
Lee310:

Congratulations...

What's the range of your account balance ?

Substantial.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by koolkamzzy(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
aghocourage:
Good evening house,

I applied for a Tourist Visa through the French Embassy to Netherlands since July 02, no response from the Embassy after sending them a mail twice regarding my application. What could be the possible reason. My travel date is 27th August.

Is thus there way of handling Visa app?
Same shoe as you.. one month today, nothing heard. Tourist visa, Travel date 30th August
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Sandra777: 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2019
Plssss how true it is it I was told a France family reunion visa often takes up to three years plsss I want to be sure I submitted my passport since last year July and till date I havnt heard anything from the embassy the only time i heard from them was in November when they sent me a email that I should verify my documents with their lawyers and After doing the. Verification and the report sent to them I havnt hard from them ever since plsss should I be worried.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by aghocourage(m): 11:40am On Aug 20, 2019
koolkamzzy:

Same shoe as you.. one month today, nothing heard. Tourist visa, Travel date 30th August

I wonder what there chalange is, they want to discourage person Cox ticket is getting higher as the travel date get closer.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by koolkamzzy(m): 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2019
aghocourage:

I wonder what there chanlange is, they want to discourage person Cox ticket is getting higher as the travel date get closer.
I'm telling you, ticket prices going crazily high and one can't risk paying for ticket without assurance of securing the visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Predstan: 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
koolkamzzy:

I'm telling you, ticket prices going crazily high and one can't risk paying for ticket without assurance of securing the visa
Lol, I've been booking every four days to secure cheap tickets but No response from the Embassy of France. It's over 1month already
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by frickyjohn: 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
Predstan:

Lol, I've been booking every four days to secure cheap tickets but No response from the Embassy of France. It's over 1month already

Did you use Abuja or Lagos?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Predstan: 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
frickyjohn:

Did you use Abuja or Lagos?

Logos
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by frickyjohn: 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2019
Predstan:

Logos

Just be patience, Abuja is faster with their response.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Dewvy(m): 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2019
BabaOman:

I asked questions here; nobody answered my questions. Anyway, I picked my passport today with Visa.( 2 months, Mult, 30 days stay)

I submitted letter from my employer, bank statement, insurance, flight reservation, accommodation( I made mistake her, submitted the one I cancelled and was unable to submit the correct one), copies of my visas. No cover letter. Submitted and Biometric July 31st, Picked today because of Eid holiday. Purpose is Tourism.

Good luck to others

Please, I'd like to ask you questions about the process. I want to discuss it privately. My trip is in January 2020 but I am getting the documents ready.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
Sandra777:
Plssss how true it is it I was told a France family reunion visa often takes up to three years plsss I want to be sure I submitted my passport since last year July and till date I havnt heard anything from the embassy the only time i heard from them was in November when they sent me a email that I should verify my documents with their lawyers and After doing the. Verification and the report sent to them I havnt hard from them ever since plsss should I be worried.
Wow! Please expantiate more on your type of Reunion visa?
Is your husband or family in France? What kind of stay (does he/do they) have?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Sandra777: 5:31am On Aug 21, 2019
It a family reunion visa going to meet my mum in France
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Bettymi: 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2019
France is giving me headache with dis delay... Pass or fail atleast should know by now... August 28th travel date stil no show..
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Predstan: 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2019
Bettymi:
France is giving me headache with dis delay... Pass or fail atleast should know by now... August 28th travel date stil no show..
Is this for a student Visa? Be rest assured that you will get a response this week. Some people already picked up their visas today
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by abdolleez(m): 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
Predstan:

Is this for a student Visa? Be rest assured that you will get a response this week. Some people already picked up their visas today
Mine is student visa too... I submitted in lagos
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Bettymi: 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2019
Its for Lithuania dey rep d country
Predstan:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Predstan: 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2019
Hopefully, we will all be responded to this week.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2019
Bettymi:
Most of the times, people get back their passport some days (2-4 days) before their stated travel date especially if you are applying for a non-study visa, and there is no priority or super priority application like the UK. So just continue living your life.

Also, July and August, especially August is a vacation month in France and French external representative offices! Expect slow responses and delays.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2019
Sandra777:
It a family reunion visa going to meet my mum in France
Ok. The delay may be as a result of the residential status of your mum in France because it does not make sense for your application to be with them for 1 year without any proper correspondence.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mrphysics(m): 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2019
Predstan:
Hopefully, we will all be responded to this week.
I am sure you will receive a response tomorrow or next. Most people for student Visa got a mail from them today.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by aghocourage(m): 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2019
Bettymi:
Its for Lithuania dey rep d country

@Betty, can you please drop your contact so we can talk or write me on WhatsApp, I applied to that country too. 07053104768.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (381) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Marcgrace, donteebalo(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.