Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah (24968 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare / Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
[quote author=haibe]

Everyone knows dangote is one of the greatest business man to live and am sure he is not having more than one jet, but what of oyedepo? Who do you know him as? A businessman? What business gives him profit to the extent of buying 4 jets[/quot

Oh, your problem is what my BISHOP does to merit 4 jets We love him and sows to the ministry God entrusted him with just because God is using him to bless us... since God isn't using you nah, u may not understand! Ok, If you really want to know, open a church, better advice. If not, Seal ur mouth! He also owns 2 Universities with more to come... lol...
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Demdem(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
[s]
mister.hillz:
abeg shtu up..u go build school na.if e easy wella..una go just dey form quoting and na una yansh smell pass.pastor adeboye,oyedepo and pastor ayo.they have seen it all in life and God has blessed their members.have u not been to the Redemption Camp? try go there make u see things for urself.u think say na one day dem take build ROME abi
[/s]

Sir, u are daft. u made no sense from this crap u called post.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by bigcycs: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2012
Demdem:

Nobody is saying the church is poor. Infact its a good thing for the church to be wealthy. However I believe we have misplaced our priorities. Churches now tend to be business minded than fulfilling the needs of the people within their capability.
Let's take oyedepo 4jets for instance. Don't u think the yearly amount that will be used to maintain, run and facilitates those jets in millions of dollars can be used to subsidize covenant university school fees which even the vast majority of his members can't afford to send their kids.

When the missionaries came, they came with schools, hospitals etc that were affordable and at times free. What will we say is our legacy now? Outdoing ourselves in acquiring vanities in the midst of abject poverty.
It's a shame.

Thank you demdem...one of the few NLnders I respect
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2012
aurenflani: Does christianism teaches her adherents that they will be question over their affairs on earth? I asked a lady why we are created and all she could say was enjoyment. Clearly a compressed word with so many pointers.

She is right and You are wrong! Delivering us from going to hell, is that not enuf Enjoyment?? Heaven at last nko?? You Read 1Tim 6:17, John 10:10.
Enjoyment is the rootword for what Jesus came to do...
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by aurenflani: 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2012
bigcycs:

Thank you demdem...one of the few NLnders I respect

Good post Demdem. Infact, the best post. Very intelligent post.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by aurenflani: 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
emmke: Any sane mind disagreeing with Kuka must have been BRAINWASHED beyond redemption. Too bad there too many of them.

Tell em let them hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by kennyblac(m): 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ple let's be sincere and not complicate this issue of Man of God owing a private jets. owing of private jets is totally not what they needed now, jesus christ always walked without camels nor horse. He sees himself as a leader that has to be followed. He put himself in his followes shoe.
Very soon buying of jet will turn to must buy material for every Man of God, not thinking of reducing Church school fees, Donation to orphanage, widow and more. Its really embarassing.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ABAKA72(m): 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303: What is embarassing about owning a private jet? Give this same MOG 4 months and offer him a jet and see if he'll refuse it.
Even though he is a bishop, it will be impossible for him to buy a private jet even if he wants to, it has to do with the organizational structure of the Catholic church, unlike the Penticostal GOs, the Catholic clargy does not have total control of church finances, even the Pope uses commacial Airlines.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Bigboy100: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
I went to Bishop Kukah's house last year and what I saw was really amazing. So I will list them some for you Thomases as follows: He owns only a single car, is being giving various kinds of gifts like 'Cars,foodstuff,money etc' but he always gives them out to the less priviledge as gifts( A worker in his house told me that), he flies out of the country more than almost all the GO's of this churchsiness;yet doesn't own a private jet ,he also has better international connection than all the private jet GO's , more academic N theological background than most of them. Gives scholarship to indigent students and is a philantropist extraordinaire. Yet doesn't demand for a Range Rover SUV let alone a private jet. Please let the so called clergymen lead by example, because christianity means 'Christ like life' ! Thanks .

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by nijanigga: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303: What is embarassing about owning a private jet? Give this same MOG 4 months and offer him a jet and see if he'll refuse it.

As long as we have these kind of Nigerians thinking like a bird,Nigeria is doomed forever.If the so-called men of God claimed to use private jets to preach the gospel,how come corruption and evil is embedded in Nigeria's constitution. World wide,literraly Nigeria means CORRUPTION.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by WENGERNOMICS(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
teeo:

Oyedepo doesnt have 4 jets. The Living Faith Church worldwide has 2jets for airlifting its team of pastors around the world. Living Faith has over 300 churches outside Nigeria and pastors travel to this countries every month. Should they depend on Dana air when the church has a faster means.

The Redeemed Church of God also has a University and numerous secondary schools across the nation. You people just like saying lies about the work of God

Leave them......they are too lazy to do simple research to verify the truth.....does it even make sense to have 4 jets......its like saying I have 10 cars because I have used 10 cars since I came to Lagos......but I just own one now....

Kukah and all those who think owning private jets is embarrassing and sinful should go and buy camels....their purpose and vision in life does not require a jet.......People na wa.....even P-square dem have a jet......leased or owned.......and so Oyedepo who has built 2 universities and is planning 5 more should be lining up to buy Arik ticket with you abi....

Hypocrites also said d same when Jesus was here.........we have the poor with us.....why does this sinner waste this percious oil on your leg........

Remain poor till ur vulcanizer buys private jet.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ABAKA72(m): 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
teeo: There is no substance in Kukahs statement, churchs today are blessed because the bible contains secrets to living a life of affluence here on earth and after life in heaven.
Why is it that people always want to assume that the church is poor. The church and its members are not poor. God keeps blessing his people.
Poverty is a state of life also wealth is another state. Those of us who pay our tithe are blessed and can also be a blessing.
If the money used to buy the jet is not your fathers own then shut up.
those men, are crooks period, and anybody that defend them is a good example of MUMU. Lol! Lol!!.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ABAKA72(m): 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: CHRIST said "carry you cross and follow me". That was what the apostles did. They didn't say because Christ has died for them so they must acquire as many wealth as possible. Who among the apostles was/were rich after Christ has ascended to heaven? Remember what Christ told the rich man if he wants to make heaven? Sell all your properties and give the money to the poor. A life of selfless service. A life of earthly poverty but heavenly riches.
my brother you are right, don't mind the brainwashed foo.ls defending those rouges.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ABAKA72(m): 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: the vats shall overflow with wine and oil for everybody not only for the "men of God"
I like your answers, it shows you are bright upstairs. I like sound minds, not numb skulls, clatching at straws, trying to defend the indefencible. How can a sane person justify this madness.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Demdem(m): 4:36pm On Nov 18, 2012
WENGERNOMICS:

Leave them......they are too lazy to do simple research to verify the truth.....does it even make sense to have 4 jets......its like saying I have 10 cars because I have used 10 cars since I came to Lagos......but I just own one now....

below is what is out there in the press for all to see at at september 2012. None of these ones have come out to deny such. Since u seem to have conducted a research diffrent from what we all have access to, kindly share or shut ur trap. U arent making sense at all

Top ten private jets by wealthy Nigerians.

Type Price Owner
1. Falcons 7X. $51m(N8.2billion) Mike Adenuga
2. Bombardier Global 6000 $45.5m(N7.3billion) Unknown
3. Bombardier Global Express 5000 $45m(N7.2billion) Aliko Dangote
4. Gulfstream G550 $40m(N6.4billion) Bishop Oyedepo
5. Gulfstream V $30m(N4.8billion) Bishop Oyedepo & Pastor Adeboye

6. Bombardier Challenger 604 $30m(N4.8b) Mike Adenuga
7. Embracer Legacy 650 $30m (N4.8b) Ifeanyi Uba
8. Hawker 900XP $20m(N3.2b) Dr Kashim and Sir Aremu Johnson
9. Gulfstream G450 $15m(N2.4b) Bishop oyedepo
10. LearJet $13.3m (N2.1b) Bishop Oyedepo and Dr Kashim

http://lindaikeji..com/2012/09/top-ten-private-jets-owned-by-wealthy.html

https://www.nairaland.com/641603/bishop-oyedepo-acquires-yet-another

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/16433/6/bishop-oyedepo-floats-dominion-airline.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Oyedepo

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/bishop-oyedepo-accused-exploiting-british-worshippers-dailymail
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by vanunu: 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
The pope has no private jet but these criminal pastors have many. It is a big shame
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Demdem(m): 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
vanunu: The pope has no private jet but these criminal pastors have many. It is a big shame

Vatican has no money or space for private plane, says priest

Rome, Italy, Feb 8, 2012 / 06:04 pm (CNA).- Contrary to popular belief, Pope Benedict does not own a private jet but instead travels on commercial airlines since the Vatican “doesn’t have the space or the money” to maintain one, an insider said.

Mexican priest and journalist Father Gonzalo Meza told CNA on Feb. 2 that the Pope always departs Rome on Alitalia, and an airline from the country he is visiting usually brings him home.

However, he noted, the “papal jet” is outfitted with special items, including pillows and seat covers embroidered with the papal coat of arms.

During his flight to Mexico for his March 23-25 visit, nearly one hundred people, mostly journalists, will accompany the Pope.

Security for the trip is always provided by the host country, Fr. Meza said.

Fr. Meza said that during his flights, Benedict XVI “takes the opportunity to get ahead on his intellectual work or to pray. He likes to write, and he writes all of his homilies and speeches by hand, and then his translator transcribes and corrects them. He almost never uses a computer.”

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatican-has-no-money-or-space-for-private-plane-says-priest/
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ABAKA72(m): 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
azimibraun: The mst illitrate commen ever read on social media.. Danm! This pastor Bimbo dude is wack 2 da bone..my God! Am glad u are nt my relative it wld hv bin a shame on our clan to hv a member mk dis dumb comment.. Tufiakwa!
I agree with you, the guy is realy dumb. This scam will continue as long as we have people like him.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2012
aurenflani:

You are a habitual thief

It is your father that is a thief. Ode
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by OmoTier1(m): 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2012
So because I Pastor a church, I should not own a jet if I have the means to have one? Even for the work of the ministry?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by tunapawizzy: 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
ujchief: Few years back, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya 'of single and married' lost her precious life on the sosoliso plane crash.
Another pastor (name forgoten) lost his life on the Dana plane crash.
It seems u guys are more interested in seeing people die daily on ur ill-managed and non-regulated airplanes than seeing men of God prosper beyond ur myopic imagination. If not for the poor state of the nation, how much does a private jet cost?
I would have been enjoying pastor bimbo's programs till date if she had her own jet to fly her around.
Ride on pastors, u guys give me hope and help re-affirm my faith that the word of God really works!
YOU ARE THE REASON THE JOHN 11 vs 35 INCIDENT HAPPENED..UR STUPIDITY IS AMAZING
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by rooftech: 5:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by truth4meal(m): 7:02pm On Nov 17
Do you know that: Warren Buffet owns the largest private jet manufacturing firm in the US.

Yet he has never flown in one because he says "everyone who says they need a private jet to make important appointments is a liar".

"They need it for their ego. Name me one of them busier than I am who owns more US corporations than I do".

"I travel constantly across the US and the world in commercial jetliners, live in the same house since the 70s, still buy $9 ties and $75 suits and still drive my 22 year old immaculately maintained Lincoln".

Buffet is one voice in the world of economy that is respected world wide. He even paid a tenth of his earning to charities. He almost single-handedly bankrupted British economy on that 'Black Wednesday' with his forex trading on pound sterling's fall, when UK left European Union money market.

All the pastors now feasting instead of fasting, who chose to dine in the palace of Egypt as against towing Moses' path of staying with the people of God; flying in jet, as if that is the means of going up in rapture, why don't you learn a lesson or two from an 'Bottom' like Balaam?

So, if a man with a fortune that can dwarf the entire money, put together, either stolen or exhorted by the club of jet owners, can fly commercial jetliners, what stops our men of God from doing the same?

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/13349-re-all-general-overseers-must-go-to-prison-pastor-tunde-bakare

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by bellyjelly: 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2012
so what are we going to do about it? smiley
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by OmoTier1(m): 5:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
rooftech: Owner Of The Largest Private Jet Manufacturing Firm In The US Did Not Own One by truth4meal(m): 7:02pm On Nov 17
Do you know that: Warren Buffet owns the largest private jet manufacturing firm in the US.

Yet he has never flown in one because he says "everyone who says they need a private jet to make important appointments is a liar".

"They need it for their ego. Name me one of them busier than I am who owns more US corporations than I do".

"I travel constantly across the US and the world in commercial jetliners, live in the same house since the 70s, still buy $9 ties and $75 suits and still drive my 22 year old immaculately maintained Lincoln".

Buffet is one voice in the world of economy that is respected world wide. He even paid a tenth of his earning to charities. He almost single-handedly bankrupted British economy on that 'Black Wednesday' with his forex trading on pound sterling's fall, when UK left European Union money market.

All the pastors now feasting instead of fasting, who chose to dine in the palace of Egypt as against towing Moses' path of staying with the people of God; flying in jet, as if that is the means of going up in rapture, why don't you learn a lesson or two from an 'Bottom' like Balaam?

So, if a man with a fortune that can dwarf the entire money, put together, either stolen or exhorted by the club of jet owners, can fly commercial jetliners, what stops our men of God from doing the same?

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/13349-re-all-general-overseers-must-go-to-prison-pastor-tunde-bakare

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Whiners like you never get to the top and are no Gods equal. If you truly profess to be Gods, then you should know that the right thing to do is to pray for these Pastors you are accusing.I hope you will remember when your troubles begin to mount, that you caused it with your words and actions? They are not your servant and you are not their master, so on which authority you speak wickedly against them
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ABAKA72(m): 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
stagger: Matthew Hassan Kukah is a poor man. That he cannot do wht his fellow men of God are doing doesn't mean her should start criticizing them. All Kukah does is serve in government panels and collect brown envelopes. How can he ever have money to buy private jet serving as a government stooge?

When last did Matthew Kukah pray for a sick person and he got well? He should go and sit down jor! Nonsense!
Nigeria would have been a better place, if we don't have foo.l like you.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by GoodNigerian: 5:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
ujchief: Few years back, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya 'of single and married' lost her precious life on the sosoliso plane crash.
It seems u guys are more interested in seeing people die daily on ur ill-managed and non-regulated airplanes than seeing men of God prosper beyond ur myopic imagination. If not for the poor state of the nation, how much does a private jet cost?
I would have been enjoying pastor bimbo's programs till date if she had her own jet to fly her around.
Ride on pastors, u guys give me hope and help re-affirm my faith that the word of God really works!
It is d duty of Shepherds to take care of their flock not d other way round
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by okcyggen: 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2012

No better exhibition of immature mental and verbal comprehension / utterance like u just did boss; u got it 100%. No offence meant, but u gotta step-up ur IQ tbh
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by bugsy80(m): 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
I don't have a problem with a man of GOD owning a private but considering that you will spend a minimum depending on jet of between $1-3 million per annum that's 150-500 million naira per annum.you will pay crew,give them training,fuel costs,hanger, maintenance,insurance,airport tax,landing charges, owning a jet is not small money. you use or you don't it, you spend $1 million per annum can you imagine how that could help his church members.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by dolwellyahoo: 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
People I don't like making coments here becos no matter what, people already hv a fixed mindset, but come on guys, having a jet is not a bad thing, like some people are making it sound, these things were manufactured for use, just like cars, boats,bikes etc. Why are we trying to define who is qualified to use them? We are not God. Every human being deserves to enjoy all these things, it dosent matter if it is a pastor, doctor or anyone. Private jet is a good thing and it is meant for everyone, but some people cannot afford it, people like me can't afford it yet. I am happy for those that have it and I pray God will bless me with one someday even as my soul prospers in God. Provided you did not get it tru stealing, it is a Good thing. Thank you all
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
rareman: Though I have my reservations on this private jets matter but I ll liKe to remind bishop that even pope who is d head of his own church has his own jets even a small country of his own 'the vatican city' so next time we ll start from head down
Someone once brought forward that argument and my reply was that the vatican city makes money. The citizens pay tax. The city is more or less subject to the pope. The pope is like the king. This is quite different from what is happening in Nigerian churches.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by phillip001(m): 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
pastor don finish some people,
it not wrong for a pastor to have a jet,becouse this is business i hope to join. 10 percent of 50,000 multiple by 50 members every month is a good some. cool tongue shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion / "Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.