Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network (14362 Views)

How To Copy Video Files From Computer To Cd\dvd. How Is It Done? / You Can Now Send Free Bulk Sms Using Ur Name Or Mobile Number From Ur Phone Or Computer To Any Body / To Transfer Pictures From Computer To Digital Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by Andycool: 11:35am On Feb 06, 2008
Please Can someone tell me a step by step procedure to add my new computer to my existing network for web surfing. The Network uses a Netwrk hub and Easybrowser as cafe timer
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by koseepaaro(m): 6:53pm On Feb 08, 2008
Andycool, were you the one that networked those existing ones?
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by DoubleN(m): 11:26am On Feb 09, 2008
Can you be a little more Explicit?
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by ajileko: 1:39am On Feb 10, 2008
It's fairly easy if you're running Window XP. just connect the computer directly into the hub with a rj-45 network cable. Window XP should work you thru the rest. Let us know how it goes.
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by Ralvy(m): 1:54pm On Feb 12, 2008
Did anyone here say the poster should be "explicit", huh?
Puh-lease . . .
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by mmonwuba(m): 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2008
are u trying to get a job off your network engineer?
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by Ralvy(m): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2008
I think he's tryna hook up a system on a (w)/Lan
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by mmonwuba(m): 4:05pm On Feb 12, 2008
is it a w-lan sir?
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by Ralvy(m): 5:24pm On Feb 12, 2008
I don't know either, thats why the "W" is in a bracket grin
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by mmonwuba(m): 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2008
the owner of th thread is no longer responding. Maybe i should declare this thread closed. Am i free to?
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by Ralvy(m): 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2008
no o . . . only me & my chairman (Seun) have the right to
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by tollytexy(m): 7:16am On Feb 15, 2008
you need to consult the Oracle or send me 2,000 NAIRA Celtel recharge card to my number 08089948908.Simple ! grin
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by Andycool: 12:40pm On Feb 15, 2008
koseepaaro:

Andycool, were you the one that networked those existing ones?
Thanks for your contributions.
I was not the one that network the systems. I bought a new system which I need replace an a bad system. I followed through the connection wizard for adding computer to existing network but it still did not get connected. Is there any settings I need to do (TCP/IP settings are in automatic)
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by mmonwuba(m): 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2008
i think i now understand your question.
You dont need to go through that procedure. The other systems on your network, how do they get their ip address? is it auto (dhcp) or manually configured, do u use a proxy on the network? if you have issues answering these questions, go to one of the browsing systems, go to command prompt type ipconfig/all and post the reply here or call 017330538 and i'll guide you through.
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by Andycool: 3:04pm On Feb 18, 2008
mmonwuba:

i think i now understand your question.
You don't need to go through that procedure. The other systems on your network, how do they get their ip address? is it auto (dhcp) or manually configured, do u use a proxy on the network? if you have issues answering these questions, go to one of the browsing systems, go to command prompt type ipconfig/all and post the reply here or call 017330538 and i'll guide you through.

Thanks Mmonwuba. 1 of the computer has the following config.

c:\>ipconfig
Windows 2000 ip configuration
Host name: Jay4
Primary DNS suffix:
Node type: mixed
IP Routing enabled: No
Wins Proxy Enabled: No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Conection-specific DNS suffix:
Description: 3com EthernetLink XL 10/100 PCI TX NIC <3c905b-TX>

Physical Address: 192.168.0.123
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway:192.168.0.1
DNS Server: 192.168.0.1
Re: How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network by mmonwuba(m): 9:29pm On Feb 18, 2008
ok basically i can see you are running windows 2000. I couldnt see the information i needed from that but ill act on the assumption that you dont have a dhcp server on your network.

unPlug your system from the network and and double click on the network computer symbol at the bottom right corner of your screen (usually looks like two computers, one behind the other). right click on your lan connection and click on properties. go to internet protocol tcp/ip and click on properties. set the ip address to 192.168.2.x (where x represents any number between 2 and 254 which have not been initially used on your network), the subnet mask would be 255.255.255.0, the gateway is 192.168.0.1 and the dns server would be 192.168.0.1 click on ok till you are out.

connect your cable back (connect your systm back to the network)

go to your command prompt by clicking on start, run
type cmd
type <i>ping 192.168.0.1 -t</i>
you should see something like
Reply from 192.168.0.1 bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

it should show this continuously.
this shows that you are connected.

try to browse you should be able to if other systems are.

note that when you set the ip address, if you see windows reporting ip conflict after you plug in the system to the network, change the number in the x portion of your network address of this system in question.

if it works please let us know

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Goes Down For Users Across The World / Creative Graphics Designer Available / Mtn! My Internet Is Too Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.