Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" (9816 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
cdamsel: I already ve,thanks 2 crazyman & crazyman,bros chop am jare kiss
i dnt jst knw y u're always against me
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by cdamsel(f): 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2012
firestar:

Why na? It'll be a lovely experience. I'll be honoured to debate with or against you my sister. wink
debating wit u wld b more like it,hw wld I argue against some1 who speaks french wink
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
cdamsel: debating wit u wld b more like it,hw wld I argue against some1 who speaks french wink
hahahahahahahaha are u afraid? If u're afraid tel me let me switch to anoda debater.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by firestar(f): 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
cdamsel: debating wit u wld b more like it,hw wld I argue against some1 who speaks french wink
Ah, but we're to present our points to be understandable, no?

May I ask what your topic is?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Remember, we promised that, we had a mechanism to curb rigging & cheating?

The mechanism is simple, we have created dummy accounts for all debaters.
The debaters won't be debating with their handles/moniker but the ones that will be assigned to them by us.
These handles will be sent to the debaters few minutes before the debate starts.

That way, the judges & the audience will vote based on the quality, credibility & standard of the write-ups/deliveries.
This will also eliminate the issue of bias, favoritism, connections(man know man) & votes based on beauty/popularity.

I hope the Judges, Debaters & Audience cooperates with us on this initiative.
Please, vote wisely! smiley

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by firestar(f): 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
Cuddlemii: ANNOUNCEMENT:

The debaters won't be debating with their handles/moniker but the ones that will be assigned to them by us.
These handles will be sent to the debaters few minutes before the debate starts.

That way, the judges & the audience will vote based on the quality, credibility & standard of the write-ups/deliveries.
This will also eliminate the issue of bias, favoritism, connections(man know man) & votes based on beauty/popularity.

I hope the Judges, Debaters & Audience Cooperates with us with this initiative.

Noted.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 1:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
ANNOUNCEMENT CONTD:

After the debate is over(.i.e scores have been collated),
the debaters will return as themselves and announce by themselves, the handle/moniker they used in debating.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
double post
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nice idea. Cuddle we will talk later offline but not now oo.

I gat questions
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Oahray: 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2012

1 million likes. Smart move. But its not completely fool-proof sha. Can 'yours sincerely' can vote now, newbie status notwithstanding?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by cdamsel(f): 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2012

dats nice
firestar:
Ah, but we're to present our points to be understandable, no?

May I ask what your topic is?
madam haf spoken
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Tgirl4real(f): 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nice Cuddle me
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
My Lovely Debaters, please, don't announce the sides you are debating on this thread.
We need you to be coded from now on, to get fair votes wink
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by firestar(f): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
Double Post.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by firestar(f): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
Cuddlemii: My Lovely Debaters, please, don't announce the sides you are debating on this thread.

cool lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by cdamsel(f): 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
firestar:

cool lipsrsealed

firestar oya pm me ya own,u can't cheat me like dis na cry
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by firestar(f): 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
wink
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by greedie1(f): 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
Chukskalidon:
ar u one of d debaters
are you?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
gree-die:

are you?
u answered question with question. I asked u 1st,anyway am nt.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by greedie1(f): 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
Chukskalidon:
u answered question with question. I asked u 1st,anyway am nt.
why else will i want to do a little research? to overthrow the plagiarism detectives?
i did it again!! answered a question with a question. don't blame me, i'm a nigerian grin grin

yes i am

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Oahray: 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
gree-die:

why else will i want to do a little research? to overthrow the plagiarism detectives?
i did it again!! answered a question with a question. don't blame me, i'm a nigerian grin grin

yes i am
lolzzz... Crayzee nairalander

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by firestar(f): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ahhhhhhhhhhh...

[size=28pt]T,T
[/size]

Bliss.

gree-die:

yes i am

Tell 'em grrrrl!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by tirtimy: 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
It's a great idea using different handles during debate. Brillant
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
gree-die:

yes i am
wen i begin 2 chyke u. Make sure u gree

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by greatgod2012(f): 1:57am On Nov 23, 2012

[/color]
i love this![color=#000099]
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by nitlad: 8:32am On Nov 23, 2012

Cuddlemii: ANNOUNCEMENT CONTD:

After the debate is over(.i.e scores have been collated),
the debaters will return as themselves and announce by themselves, the handle/moniker they used in debating.
Wow!
Great move this. Welcome development!
This trully is the surprise master-stroke you promised to deliver, a brilliant one at that.
Welldone Co-ord.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by cowgurl: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2012
greatgod2012:

oh no, u weren't suppose to take the last part of my statement seriously, lol.
But if am to advice, using a lappy is very much appropriate for an online debate to using a phone but if you are cool using your phone, no problem cos none of that counts but your presentations/arguments, so all the best gurl and to all the debaters as well.

@ the project team,
am very much impressed with your works guys, well done.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by greedie1(f): 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
Cuddlemii: My Lovely Debaters, please, don't announce the sides you are debating on this thread.

u'v got mail.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by kpolli(m): 5:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
ANNOUNCEMENT:

After the first round, there would be an elimination in sections with more contestants on one side than the other side to even it out.

Example: In wife beaters debate, if there are more debaters opposing than supporting ( 5 vs 3), there would be eliminations on both sides (3 would be eliminated) just to have the same numbers on both sides (2 vs 2).

Thank you

Please watch out for more announcements.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by firestar(f): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
So the scales are unbalanced yes?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
firestar: So the scales are unbalanced yes?

Yes, but the difference isn't much.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Yes, but the difference isn't much.
then we are good to go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Love Story: Kate And Godwin / The Bonny Island Massacre / My Incredible Night With Bunmi (A Short Romantic Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.