Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University (18768 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Makweembo: 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
Nigerian Pastor T.B. Joshua, well known for his expansive philanthropic endeavours, shocked congregants at his church, The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) on Sunday 18th November 2012 when it was revealed he has sponsored a Nigerian student to study a PhD in the University of Oxford to the tune of £100,000, approximately N26 million.

Miss Yinka Oduwole, who introduced herself as one of the youth who was brought up in The SCOAN and worked there extensively, testified how she had gained admission to study a PhD in Engineering Science in Oxford University, UK after a successful Master’s Programme in University College London (UCL). Yinka, who was equally sponsored in her Master’s Degree in Broadband Communication in UCL in which she came out with a distinction, said Prophet T.B. Joshua and Emmanuel TV Partners had paid the sum of £100,000 to enable her to study for a PhD in the prestigious Oxford University.

“My advice to youth all over the world is that they should pray as if everything depends on God and work as if everything depends on them,” Yinka, also a First-Class graduate from the University of Lagos, told the congregation and viewers worldwide on Emmanuel TV, equally counselling the youth to find a job in the church and actively engage in godly activities.

TB Joshua also revealed in the service how footballer Ogenyi Onazi, the SS Lazio starlet who was recently promoted to the Super Eagles of Nigeria and scored on his debut against Venezuela, was brought up in the church and worked there as well before attaining his current sporting success. Joshua revealed how he had sponsored Onazi and his colleague Sani Emmanuel to trial in clubs around the world including Premier League giants Chelsea and Tottenham, before arriving in SS Lazio, where he is currently playing for the senior team. Joshua revealed that close to $1m was spent in this process, to ensure the duo went to the right club to reach the heights of their potential.

According to Joshua, the reward for raising up such young people to become leaders of tomorrow in every field of expertise is immeasurable in monetary or material terms. “What you make happens for others, God makes happen for you. You are raised to raise others,” Joshua exhorted the crowd, counselling them to consider the future of their own children and what they were doing with their lives.

Forbes estimated that Joshua has spent up to $20m in charitable activities alone in the last three years. Thousands of less privileged students are currently studying in universities across Nigeria and around the world courtesy of SCOAN’s scholarship program.

SOURCE: Africa News - http://www.africanews.com/site/TB_JOSHUA_SPONSORS_NIGERIAN_STUDENT_TO_OXFORD_UNIVERSITY/list_messages/42628

7 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by SlyIg(f): 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
And what can i say than,'May God continue to bless you man of God'.

Oya,where dem! All those anti T. B. Joshua. How many of your pastors have done this to their poor members. Shey they are driving jets and building varsities around at the expense of the poor members.

21 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by speeder(m): 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
And Nigerians will keep hating the philanthropcal pastors and buying Jets to undeserving ones.
God bless you Joshua.

4 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by wesley80(m): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
Good one.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Delafruita(m): 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
this is a man than acts according to the message of jesus.the greatest commandment of all is love and this is what love is all about.not some crazy egoistic pastors buying jets andn SUVs

4 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by buccal(m): 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
The mods haven't seen this one oh,but if a private jet was involved it wld av dissapeared to front page.God bless you more tb joshua.

3 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by MadCow1: 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
...This man may be weird and scary, But there is no contesting his philanthropy.... He makes Oritsejafor, Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome and 98% of Nigerian Pastors look like Jesus Pimping FUCKTARDS..

11 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by madamebebe(f): 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
A hundred thousand quid!! shocked 'unpossibru'
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by ecolime(m): 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
What a giver! I like this man.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by enigmagu1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]gud1
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Valiantvaliant(m): 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
No TB Joshua haters so far
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
I know this guy is a babalawo pastor but mehn, you just got to love him sometimes. smiley

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by JeSoul(f): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
This TB Joshua sef, he is spoiling market for other mogs.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
At least he doesn't have a private jet.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by enigmagu1(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
gud1
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Pain(m): 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2012
This is Practical Christianity @ Work. Some Bigots Would Go All Out to Give A Dog a Bad Name Just to Hang It.
We patiently await their salvos.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Redmosquito(m): 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
Minion: My King! This christian man is really showing people his good works
Hades: Christain huh! You know that means Christ-like! Where in the Bible did Jesus shout out his miracles. Jesus told his disciples to give all they had to the poor, did he ever tell them to reveal it to the whole word?! angry When you mess, you dont need to tell people that you messed, the mess will tell people
Minion: My mind stands on a different point of view, my King! My eyes are blinded by emotions, I cannot see into logic

11 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by buchibabe: 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
Chineke gozie gi. Dis is how to spend money doing d work of God ,not buyin jets and buildin skools dat d poor is "forbidden" to attend

3 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
He's been doing it in times past...the best humanitarian pastor in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by surveyProf(m): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
SlyIg: And what can i say than,'May God continue to bless you man of God'.

Oya,where dem! All those anti T. B. Joshua. How many of your pastors have done this to their poor members. Shey they are driving jets and building varsities around at the expense of the poor members.

I can not count any, but I can count those that hv bought private jet only....lolz
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by buchibabe: 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
Redmosquito: A

I'm sure u thoght u were gonna be d first to comment. Sowie try again larer
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by lavita2(f): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
Commendable act by TB Joshua... I hereby take back all negative thoughts and insinuations. If I were to ever step inside a church again (however minute the chance might be), it is definitely the SCOAN.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by azimibraun: 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
Even ritualist killers back in the days in the east coast of naija sponsored more ppl than u can imagine to various skools around d world.. When we meet God only then can I say a Man is good/clean..italian drug dealers and Mob Dons financed schorlaship also ddnt dey? Yet dey sell drugs 2 d same folks whose kit and kin they sponsor.. I dnt trust anybody.. Dats what the world hs tot me.

5 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by daviesmania(m): 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
keep it up pass!
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Afam4eva(m): 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
This is not the first time he's doing something like this. He sent some students to study in the UK some years back. This is the kind of gesture we're supposed to be seeing from our supposed men of God. Instead they're busy buying private jets.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Chima2012: 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
This should be a wake up call to all Christians and Men of God.
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by harlos: 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
A man of God
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
i like his genorous spirit,other charlatans cannot donate to flood victims talk more of sponsorship,al they know is give me ,give me
Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by controlseven: 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
Quite commendable! I may not be the best of his fans but I believe if he builds a university tomorrow, his poor members can afford the fees unlike what is obtainable in other so called "Men Of God" owned universities.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University by mattsteve(f): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
JeSoul: This TB Joshua sef, he is spoiling market for other mogs.
lwkmd4h

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Muslim Man In Egypt Killed His Wife Because She Was Reading The Bible / Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? / Mbaka Denies Claim That He Prophesied That There Will Be Heavy Rain In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.