Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,875 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:42 AM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (165302 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kokosheen(m): 12:36pm On Nov 23, 2012
babaearly:
please shut up, what are his other ids? Stop forming I TOO KNOW. Ive been on nl since 2007 so if you think im a duplicate i.d, then you are a real dullard.
@Jarus
im kinda dissapointed in you sir, wont you be ready to help me when i need you? Why do you want to continue the bad blood?

You've being on Nairaland since 2007 and yet all you know is how to insult people.

FYI I don't know too much and the only reason I'm following this thread is to see how I could help, unfortunately, the intention of the OP is suspect to me (personal opinion) since he couldn't correct some assertions he made in his post and if I do contribute to the post might end up helping his scheme.

You want info., you are internet savvy, everything is on the net. Its for the OP to correct himself (he's not a Shell staff) and we can take it from there.

My one pence (You didn't have to throw insults)
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
@kokosheen
from accusing scantee of using numerous i.ds now its about not proving his assertions. Abeg go one side. ITK peeps like you detest me and ill put you were you belong. You talking about info on the internet but isnt nl on the internet? Why do you use nl? Now i know courses i need to take for offshore gigs thanks to scantee. Now show me on google where i can get that info.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 12:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
Jarus: The OP just doesn't sound like someone that works in Shell (SPDC) to me. There is just this aura of Shell staff that is missing. I can identify a Shell person, indeed oil coy staff, even from internet aura.
lol my man, how does shell staff sounds? Am seek and tired with some of nairalanders and their reasoning? Do u want me to start posting pics or blaging about the pay or wht? Wht did i stand to gain from this thread for God sake? Am nt advertising product or giving employment to people, to clear ur doubt, ur invited to our office any day any time, SPDC H/Q Freeman Tower 22/23 Marina Lagos. Enter the reception hall Jst tel the FDO's somebody frm ICT department is ur host (scantee) they will call to comfirm, though thats nt my real name, bt my coliques knws d nick name, or better still come to SPDC/BOGT Bonny Terminal R/S, jst tel the Millitry Men @ gate ur going to see somebody @ CCB gate 2. I wil make sure u enjoy ur visit, after which u come back to NL and tel them ur exprience. Am damm serious abt the invitation, jst inbox me private msg anytim u wish to come. Smh...

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
scantee: lol my man, how does shell staff sounds? Am seek and tired with some of nairalanders and their reasoning? Do u want me to start posting pics or blaging about the pay or wht? Wht did i stand to gain from this thread for God sake? Am nt advertising product or giving employment to people, to clear ur doubt, ur invited to our office any day any time, SPDC H/Q Freeman Tower 22/23 Marina Lagos. Enter the reception hall Jst tel the FDO's somebody frm ICT department is ur host (scantee) they will call to comfirm, though thats nt my real name, bt my coliques knws d nick name, or better still come to SPDC/BOGT Bonny Terminal R/S, jst tel the Millitry Men @ gate ur going to see somebody @ CCB gate 2. I wil make sure u enjoy ur visit, after which u come back to NL and tel them ur exprience. Am damm serious abt the invitation, jst inbox me private msg anytim u wish to come. Smh...

This English is just un-Shell!

Now, I'm convinced I'm right.

And FYI, I'm an O&G person too. I have enough friends in Shell across the world, from that Freeman to Shell New Orleans to Shell Norway.

6 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
Grace-lite:
@scantee wnt2 apreciate u 4 d thread,plz inbox me d courze i shud undagọ n d certified trainin coy @okaforobiora86@yahoo.com
ur welcome my man. Am sorry i can't mail you, before Jarus and co start talking trash. I wil be posting any new info here.Jst try those certification previously recommended here. I work with ICT department in SPDC, most certification i did has to do with my profession, like MSCE,CISCO,ORACLE, SAP, PRINCE2, PRIMAVELA. So my dear it al depends on ur area of dicipline. Try using google u might get hlp frm there. I did HSE Level 3 because i work as a safety officer then, whn i was with Agip, and as SAP team member whn i was with NLNG, They are the one that sponsors us for the programm.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
Jarus:

This English is just un-Shell!

Now, I'm convinced I'm right.

And FYI, I'm an O&G person too. I have enough friends in Shell across the world, from that Freeman to Shell New Orleans to Shell Norway.
well i think is time ignore ur post. Have a wonderful day.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
kokosheen:

Thanks Jarus...

I tried to sound him out but his other IDs are calling me bad bellus grin..
his other IDs? Lwkmd smh
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
Jarus: The OP just doesn't sound like someone that works in Shell (SPDC) to me. There is just this aura of Shell staff that is missing. I can identify a Shell person, indeed oil coy staff, even from internet aura.
What gives u d impression dat he doesn't work in shell?
Do u work in shell?
Identify ,what he is unable to pin point as a staff of shell?
Ds is pure beef.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by depiero(m): 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2012
@jarus; please hold your peace, why the beefing?, scantee is only trying to help. besides, how do shell guys talk? smh. @santee i guess u anticipated this before creating the thread, so don't let these dudes make you feel otherwise.keep doing the good work bro!.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by upengineer: 3:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
I have gain alot from NL and thank God where i work now, i saw the advert here on NL and its over a year now that have been flying 'chopper'
To start with oil and gas is very vast. From exploration to design to construction and Fabrication to Drilling to commissioning to startup to the actual production then exportation, logistics and even training. You will agree with me that the industry cut across all fields. The individual will have to determine where he or she wants to belong. Where you want to belong will then determine the type of certification you need. The certification a production person needs is not the same certification a dynamic positioner needs. The certification an Instruments guy needs is not the same certification the Electrical guy needs. So, you will agree with me that you will have to determine where you can function first before deciding on the certification you need. Money should not be the driving force, oil and gas environment is a high risk environment, no room for second chance. You must be sure of what you are doing. Your action can lead to an avoidable catastrope. Just my opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
upengineer: I have gain alot from NL and thank God where i work now, i saw the advert here on NL and its over a year now that have been flying 'chopper'
To start with oil and gas is very vast. From exploration to design to construction and Fabrication to Drilling to commissioning to startup to the actual production then exportation, logistics and even training. You will agree with me that the industry cut across all fields. The individual will have to determine where he or she wants to belong. Where you want to belong will then determine the type of certification you need. The certification a production person needs is not the same certification a dynamic positioner needs. The certification an Instruments guy needs is not the same certification the Electrical guy needs. So, you will agree with me that you will have to determine where you can function first before deciding on the certification you need. Money should not be the driving force, oil and gas environment is a high risk environment, no room for second chance. You must be sure of what you are doing. Your action can lead to an avoidable catastrope. Just my opinion
you have good point. Certifications differs.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
depiero: @jarus; please hold your peace, why the beefing?, scantee is only trying to help. besides, how do shell guys talk? smh. @santee i guess u anticipated this before creating the thread, so don't let these dudes make you feel otherwise.keep doing the good work bro!.
thank u my brother, me i jst tire 4 the guy o.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2012
mko abiola:
What gives u d impression dat he doesn't work in shell?
Do u work in shell?
Identify ,what he is unable to pin point as a staff of shell?
Ds is pure beef.
exactly what i wanted him to do. Abeg is better u ignore that attention seeker.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by jerome84(m): 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
scantee: yap 1,2,4,6 is ok. With that, u have 85% chances of securing offshore job. But i will advice you, if you want to do HSE, Try to enroll in any centre accredited by those major oil company such as: NLNG,SPDC etc so that you can get familiar with there Job hazards Analysis (JHA codes) because it differs from the one of NISP, and their Policy/ Work statement aren't the same. If you can identify most of their codes, then you can identify most other companies own as well.

Greetings everyone, please I have the following certificates and training, what are my chances of working offshore or which other courses can I equip myself with, besides does any one have contacts of which I can make applications to? The certificates are as follows:

(1) OND Engineering
(2) HSE levels 1 to 3 (NISP - SPDC)
(3) Marine mandatory from Maritime Academy Oron, with certificates in
(a) Personal survival techniques
(b) Elementary first aid
(c) Fire prevention and fire fighting
(d) Personal safety and social responsibility

(4) Basic first aid training (NLNG - TSKJ)
(5) Fire fighting (NLNG - TSKJ)
(6) JHA awareness training (NLNG)
(7)Work site safety (80% NEBOSH extract)

Others
(1) Sea Man Passport
(2) Intl. Passport
(3) Sea man discharge Booklet
(4) Yellow fever vacination card
Etc

I'm currently a part time student of Uniport, 400 level Environmental Management.

So guys please advice accordingly.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2012
jerome84:

Greetings everyone, please I have the following certificates and training, what are my chances of working offshore or which other courses can I equip myself with, besides does any one have contacts of which I can make applications to? The certificates are as follows:

(1) OND Engineering
(b) Elementary first aid

Others
(1) Sea Man Passport
(2) Intl. Passport
Etc

I'm currently a part time student of Uniport, 400 level Environmental Management.

U tried oooo.
All dese for only u
Hw manage?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:29pm On Nov 24, 2012
jerome84:

(1) OND Engineering
(b) Elementary first aid

Others
(1) Sea Man Passport
(2) Intl. Passport
Etc

My man have you worked in Bonny before?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:43pm On Nov 24, 2012
mko abiola:
U tried oooo.
All dese for only u
Hw manage?
@ mko. Ya is very possible, if ur working with any of the oil coy ur likely to get many more certifications along, they normally organise different certification programms more especially Nlng, and the good part of it is that, they organise most of certification courses free, though in some cases u might pay for the certificate at the end, bt the training is free. If him (Jerome) has worked with Nlng Bonny Train 1-6 he is likely to have more certifications
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by jerome84(m): 2:16am On Nov 25, 2012
scantee: @ mko. Ya is very possible, if ur working with any of the oil coy ur likely to get many more certifications along, they normally organise different certification programms more especially Nlng, and the good part of it is that, they organise most of certification courses free, though in some cases u might pay for the certificate at the end, bt the training is free. If him (Jerome) has worked with Nlng Bonny Train 1-6 he is likely to have more certifications

@scantee: my boss, I've been in bonny Island from train 4 till date, how man go do na, we just dey take am manage till we get better chopping. All the same I dey find a better Marine, offshore or HSE job, so I'll really appreciate positive contributions here, much luv to fellow forumites.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2012
jerome84:

@scantee: my boss, I've been in bonny Island from train 4 till date, how man go do na, we just dey take am manage till we get better chopping. All the same I dey find a better Marine, offshore or HSE job, so I'll really appreciate positive contributions here, much luv to fellow forumites.
wahoo nice one i thought as much, i was working in Bonny before i got transfered, i use to stay @ RA1, though am no longer with Nlng nw.are u still in bonny nw? I learnt that Train 7 is starting Feb 2013, u jst have to be patience till then na, since ur with them already u will have 80% chance of securing better position next year. I miss Bonny man, more especially Bravo and Royal suit tinz.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by upengineer: 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2012
@ jerome84,
have you tried GAC (Gulf Manning Agency) There company is around Olu Obsanjo way in pH or better still use google to find there exact address in pH

jerome84:

(1) OND Engineering
(b) Elementary first aid

Others
(1) Sea Man Passport
(2) Intl. Passport
Etc

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by jerome84(m): 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
upengineer: @ jerome84,
have you tried GAC (Gulf Manning Agency) There company is around Olu Obsanjo way in pH or better still use google to find there exact address in pH

@ Upengineer, thanks for your response, I know about GAC, they're incharge of LNG Tankers, that Job get as e be oo!! LNG tanker workers stay out for close to 6 months before coming for just 2 months off, My bro, that one no enter for me oo! If it's normal Vessels, I don't have problem with that bro, nevertheless thanks for your response.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
jerome84:

Greetings everyone, please I have the following certificates and training, what are my chances of working offshore or which other courses can I equip myself with, besides does any one have contacts of which I can make applications to? The certificates are as follo

(1) OND Engineering
(b) Elementary first aid

Others
(1) Sea Man Passport
(2) Intl. Passport
Etc

Hw can one undergo all these courses.
Hw can u put me through.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by jerome84(m): 8:27am On Nov 26, 2012
mko abiola:
Hw can one undergo all these courses.
Hw can u put me through.

@mko, notin big about the courses sir, everything boils down to cash mostly, although most of them I got them free cos of where I'm currently working, but for stuffs like marine Mandatory, you can attend that one @ Oron or even in PHC @ UST (CHARKINS), then that of SHE can be done @ NISP, for further breakdown you can reach me on : doublejuliet2000@yahoo.com
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 28, 2012
Oga scantee how things? Sorry i havent emailed you. Im down with chicken pox and undergoing treatment.i had to leave camp in a hurry. I'll email you nextweek hopefully. I still have your shell email. Thanks.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkoabiola: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2012
jerome84:

@mko, notin big about the courses sir, everything boils down to cash mostly, although most of them I got them free cos of where I'm currently working, but for stuffs like marine Mandatory, you can attend that one @ Oron or even in PHC @ UST (CHARKINS), then that of SHE can be done @ NISP, for further breakdown you can reach me on : doublejuliet2000@yahoo.com
I av sent u a mail bt u ddnt reply neither dd u acknowledge it.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 10:58am On Nov 28, 2012
babaearly: Oga scantee how things? Sorry i havent emailed you. Im down with chicken pox and undergoing treatment.i had to leave camp in a hurry. I'll email you nextweek hopefully. I still have your shell email. Thanks.
Sorry abt dat bro. Am currently out of office nw. Jst drop ur email address i will mail u as soon as am bk.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 29, 2012
scantee: Sorry abt dat bro. Am currently out of office nw. Jst drop ur email address i will mail u as soon as am bk.
jerryasemota at ymail.com. Thank You Sir.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Rickywowoz: 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2012
Good day oil tycoons,me i'm jst an undergraduate studying chemical engineering and i'm currently searching for any oil company to do my IT bt anyone wey i go the gatemen no dey even allow me enter the gate,all i get is 'if u get anybody inside call,na man know man' i'm really tired of all these..i'm begging u guys to assist me no matter how small,i go appreciate wellla...thanks alot guys.,una boy dey loyal.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by oyintiloye(m): 9:05am On Dec 01, 2012
Any oil and gas or petroleum engineering student here who studies in English? I need help with English textbooks on petroleum engineering.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Samjay009(m): 9:59am On Dec 03, 2012
@scantee. Am a grad of elect/elect engr waitin for nysc. I hav a flair for ICT but major in networking. I currently hav a CCNA and currently working towards my CCNP. Pls I wanna ask what it takes to get a Job in the ICT dept of the Oil coys preferrably as a network/systems engineer. What are d tinz I need to do and d certifications I need to acquire. Thanx
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by toscairo2000: 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
@scantee AND
@efeluv
Plz my oga i am an industrial chemist, plz how can i b able to get an oil firm wer i can work without bn paid just to acquire knowledge and training under them. Plz i realy nid ur suggestion and advise.
mine is nwankwotochukwu2000@yahoo.com Tanx and kip doin d gr8 job. God bless u both.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 9:15am On Dec 08, 2012
Rickywowoz: Good day oil tycoons,me i'm jst an undergraduate studying chemical engineering and i'm currently searching for any oil company to do my IT bt anyone wey i go the gatemen no dey even allow me enter the gate,all i get is 'if u get anybody inside call,na man know man' i'm really tired of all these..i'm begging u guys to assist me no matter how small,i go appreciate wellla...thanks alot guys.,una boy dey loyal.
where are the places u have been? Let me see if i can link u up with smbdy there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.