Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166038 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by borie4u(m): 8:09am On Mar 01, 2016
@scantee pls add me to the WhatsApp group. I am a geophysicist with an MSc (PhD) grade from unilag doe I had my bsc in Oau ife.I can use PETREL,HR SUITE comfortably n have borehole experience.
Phone no is 08065545757
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by marv1: 11:44am On Mar 01, 2016
Did u do any pgd b4 msc engineering? And which school? More details.
maangel01:
hello great people, i just discovered this thread and i am very please with what our comrade "Scantee" is really doing. More power to your elbow. Let me also key into it Scantee, i have a first degree in Chemistry, an MSc in Process Engineering and an experience in Process control and safety systems (DCS and SIS). Would be glad if you can be of any assistance with any available opportunity.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Kaycee625(m): 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2016
ebixy:
@ scantee and odas, do u knw much abt Mobil Producing Nigeria/NNPC Apprentice/
Trainee Program. i mean hw d training goes and is it automatic employment after completion of the training?
for ExxonMobil it depends on your performance, if you are lucky to be placed in an ongoing project where you make an impact, you will probably be retained. But if its a project in a preliminary stage, of planning and you don't get to do much except come to office, and sit down, after your GIP you will be heading home. Had my SIWES there in 2013
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Kaycee625(m): 9:34pm On Mar 02, 2016
scantee:
Hello Guys! Lets share our exprience in our respective companies, the challanges we face, the good tidings of each companies and compare it with each. The main reasons i'm doing this here is because i got loads of mail from Nairalanders asking me to give them crew about all these companies concerning the post i made some time ago.

Here we go. I have worked in the following companies they have their good and their bad. (1) MOBIL (PH): here i just worked as a contract staff so no much benefit or packages for me as a contract staff.

(2) AgipsadBrass Island Bayelsa) I Worked as HSE Adviser here, left them many years back due to they don't pay their staff on time.

(3) NLNG, (Bonny Island R/State) one of the best. If not the best everybody would wish to work for, I worked as SAP Team member here, they have good tidings and good packages for their staff (not contractors staff) one of the good thing i like about them is, they allow their staff to make use of their hilux outside the company site unlike other coys,, you can go with it and flex as much as u can without much limitations, they pay their staff every last friday of the month,

They often host party for their staff/ the host community last saturday of every month.

(4)SPDC (Bonny Island) Currently working here as Network/System Admin . Though they are good, but not like Shell we use to know before, since most directors now are naija made lol, and they are more into contracting jobs unlike before, things have really changed. though they still pay well but not as it used to be , but their working polices is not easy to maintain. The only advantage of working with them is their (Electronic ID) Which permits/gives u access to all the shell terminals nation wide and beyond, and it gives u access to eat in any of the (SPDC Canteen) the ID also enables you to have access to their internet service when you slot it in their customized keyboard. You will as well enjoy what they call (HAPPY HOUR) is party that comes up every last friday of the month.

You can sign in about (5) of your friends using ur ID card, they will be offered free drinks and foods all night in the party. Top naija artists use to perform live during the party.

Omo come see chicks begging you to sign them in, u just dey form like...eh." but you don't dare go out with any Spdc hilux out of the terminals except on official duty, but i guess is because of the IVMS on the vehicles which monitors your speed limits, that might affect the audit during the monthly vehicles inspection audit.

Feel free to shares urs let's have fun of it ( sorry i'm typing through my phone so the text might lack formatting and lots of typooooo.
keep it rolling
please Mr scantee i am really looking for a mentor like you. I studied civil engineering, i was privileged to have my six months industrial training in ExxonMobil. I have always had the passion to work in O&G industry but with the current situation of things in the industry, am at loss, the few friends i made while doing my IT, have gone for their msc programs abroad. I really need someone who can advise me on this career path and mentor me. Would be glad if you give me a response
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
Kaycee625:
please Mr scantee i am really looking for a mentor like you. I studied civil engineering, i was privileged to have my six months industrial training in ExxonMobil. I have always had the passion to work in O&G industry but with the current situation of things in the industry, am at loss, the few friends i made while doing my IT, have gone for their msc programs abroad. I really need someone who can advise me on this career path and mentor me. Would be glad if you give me a response
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Kaycee625(m): 1:10am On Mar 04, 2016
[quote author=scantee post=43448922][/quote]please i didnt get to see your response, but i got the notification of this message being mentioned, i don't know if its because its been long the thread was created.
I would really love to hear from you. My email kuzendu@gmail.com
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ademule89: 11:14am On Mar 04, 2016
Vacancy exists for the position of Marine Operations Coordinator in a leading Maritime Company in Portharcourt.

Job Duties listed below:

Coordinates all sea trials of all boats in conjunction with the Engineering and safety Department.
Ensures proper follow up of all boat’s defects are corrected before deployment.
Coordinates vessels’ arrival reports from each unit, collates and send to all concern.
Generates boat availability reports in the clients’ fields at the end of every month.
Collates and forward daily marine operations reports to the HoD Marine Operations and all concern.
Collates all Vessels’ inspections documentations as directed by the HoD Marine Operations
Liaises with Base Logistics Unit to ensure that all deployed boats are adequately and timely stocked and resupplied if and when necessary.
Liaises with the Operations Manager at the Base for the timely and adequate manning of boats for deployment.
Makes requests for all Operations needs to the headquarters.
Prepares company Offshore crew transport allowances as applicable.
Takes minutes of all departmental meetings.

Educational Qualifications, Certifications and Experience:
Bachelor of Science Degree,
Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
Membership of relevant professional bodies

Competencies:
Document Management
Communication
Maritime Management
IT Appreciation & Application
Initiative / Judgement
Analytical Thinking
Operations report writing

Interested and qualified individuals should send their CVs to olowojobade@yahoo.com before close of business today, 4th March, 2016.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ugsams(m): 1:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
Good to have read through the thread to the last page. Scantee i will need some information from you as i don't know much about the oil field back home. Please I will send you a PM now.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Engrczar(m): 3:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
Good day Sirs.

I am in need of this novel "The Prize: epic quest for oil,money and power" by Daniel Yergin.

Please help me with the novel as I need it to prepare for a competition coming up in a week's time.

Any help will be appreciated.
my email address: ozoforikenna@gmail.com
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:29am On Mar 05, 2016
Kaycee625:
please i didnt get to see your response, but i got the notification of this message being mentioned, i don't know if its because its been long the thread was created.
I would really love to hear from you. My email kuzendu@gmail.com

the mention signified I acknowledged ur msg, send me pm instead because I don't visit Nairaland often again due to work schedules lately.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2016
ugsams:
Good to have read through the thread to the last page. Scantee i will need some information from you as i don't know much about the oil field back home. Please I will send you a PM now.
No wahala
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:37am On Mar 05, 2016
borie4u:
@scantee pls add me to the WhatsApp group. I am a geophysicist with an MSc (PhD) grade from unilag doe I had my bsc in Oau ife.I can use PETREL,HR SUITE comfortably n have borehole experience.
Phone no is 08065545757
sorry I don't have any whatsapp group. Thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2016
IHate9ja1:
While our HSE training was on yesterday,a text message came in to our instructors phone. The said person was also asking for confirmation if such info was valid and this is why I brought it here if anyone heard of such.
. inbox ur whatsapp phone number to my facebook inbox.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:49am On Mar 05, 2016
lobell:

Why na? It was a lofty idea!

Hey paddy man how are you doing?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by jayloms: 9:00am On Mar 05, 2016
Hello boss scantee,

i must admit you've done really well with this thread of yours; i mean loads and loads of information packed in here. If it's not too much to ask, pls, can I PM you, I'd like to get your thoughts on an approach I'm taking to start a career in the O&G sector. Many thanks.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 9:21am On Mar 05, 2016
jayloms:
Hello boss scantee,

i must admit you've done really well with this thread of yours; i mean loads and loads of information packed in here. If it's not too much to ask, pls, can I PM you, I'd like to get your thoughts on an approach I'm taking to start a career in the O&G sector. Many thanks.

Your free bro.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by lobell: 10:44am On Mar 05, 2016
scantee:

Hey paddy man how are you doing?

My chairman I dey o. As everywhere just quiet I say make I just chill. How far, any beta?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by jobgbemi(m): 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2016
Good evening brothers, abeg after studying environmental engineering technology in petroleum training institute, which is more of chemical like unlike other schools that take it like quantity survey, real estate etc. pls how can I found myself in chemical engineering bk in any of the universities. A lecturer told me I can go for PGD in chemical engineering with d environmental engineering I have, and later go for M.Eng in chemical engineering proper. Please I need professionals and senior colleagues to advise me, is it realisable? Is it true? Or what do u actually advise?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by jobgbemi(m): 7:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
jobgbemi:
Good evening brothers, abeg after studying environmental engineering technology in petroleum training institute, which is more of chemical like unlike other schools that take it like quantity survey, real estate etc. pls how can I found myself in chemical engineering bk in any of the universities. A lecturer told me I can go for PGD in chemical engineering with d environmental engineering I have, and later go for M.Eng in chemical engineering proper. Please I need professionals and senior colleagues to advise me, is it realisable? Is it true? Or what do u actually advise?

I actually got admission inOAU to study chemical engineering in 2013 but couldn't continue with it. So, I came to PTI, warri here because of the recognition of the school in the oil and gas sector, applied for Petroleum and gas processing but was offered industrial safety and environmental technology at ND level. Then Environmental Technology at HND, both at Distinction grades. Please I need profesdional advice, this is my life and future.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by cnnman: 12:46am On Apr 22, 2016
Good evening all, Please if anybody have an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor please do not hesitate to contact me. 08036751736, 08186941045 Thank you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Mcbenjamin(m): 11:25am On Apr 22, 2016
Good morning house, am Benjamin Chukwu by name a Material Engineer and I have worked with operations department in SPDC as a contract staff. My contract was terminated due to oil price and the downsizing of the company, since then I have been out of job. Please I need help to hook up with another job as I keep making more effort to hook up with another job. You can contact me on 07060995470 and I also have vast experience in geotechnical engineering. I need you guys to help a brother out.
Regards
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Jxtmayor(m): 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
pls help a brother
I am a petroleum engineering student from the university of benin seeking for undergraduate internship urgently.. I ought to have started in April but up till now I Haven't gotten placement.. please recommend me even if your coy doesn't pay much inasmuch as I can put the little theory av learnt to practice and learn more from them.. thanks y'all in anticipation for your response.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by AK284(m): 11:36pm On Apr 23, 2016
Need a quantity surveyor with 3yrs civil engineering experience like Construction of Metal Recycling Buildings, concrete works such as conveyor tank, loading bay, underground tanks e.t.c +2348069380731

1 Share

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
scantee:
@mko. Lol but i gave out hints already on how the companies treats their staff that should give you enough crew na, mind you their basic pay differs base on ones qualification, position, and job type. Though years of experience in the field is one of the most important factors that determine ones monthly basic pay in some of the companies.

Hello, I already sent you a PM.
Kindly reply, thank you.
I'm an Engineer.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 12:40am On Apr 25, 2016
mordtonia:

Hello, I already sent you a PM. Kindly reply, thank you. I'm Elect/Elect.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 4:56am On Apr 25, 2016
scantee:
@mko. Lol but i gave out hints already on how the companies treats their staff that should give you enough crew na, mind you their basic pay differs base on ones qualification, position, and job type. Though years of experience in the field is one of the most important factors that determine ones monthly basic pay in some of the companies.

You didn't reply my pm, I'm confused about what to do with your 'quote'. How do I reach you?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
mordtonia:

You didn't reply my pm, I'm confused about what to do with your 'quote'. How do I reach you?

sorry re- send it, maybe it has gone to back page on my mail box.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ksstroud: 11:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
scantee:

sorry re- send it, maybe it has gone to back page on my mail box.

Boss, you forgot our discussion.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
ksstroud:

Boss, you forgot our discussion.

not really bro I have been out of town for a while, if you watch closely you will notice it has been long I comment on Nairaland.

just reactivate the discussion through mail. hope ur end is cool?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ksstroud: 11:24pm On Apr 25, 2016
scantee:

not really bro I have out of town for a while, if you watch closely you will notice it has been long I comment on Nairaland.
Sure I know.
Trust you are doing fine.
I will knock through mailing soon.
Regards.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
ksstroud:

Sure I know.
Trust you are doing fine.
I will knock through mailing soon.
Regards.

yes bro am cool, just marriage thing on my mind now, though still in the labour market searching for a soul mate. lol
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ksstroud: 11:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
scantee:

yes bro am cool, just marriage thing on my mind now, though still in the labour market searching for a soul mate. lol

Smile, you eventually dropped your girl,tis well.
I wish you the very best... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.