Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,061 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? (7533 Views)

3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 / Eight (8) Ways To Achieve Success In Your Career / Hi, I 'm New And I Do Not I Place A Lot In This Forums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Amjustme: 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
When is it the best time to achieve a lot in one's career? Is it before or after marriage?
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Amjustme: 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
Moderators biko I need answers and no one is replying; could u take it to frontpage to get comments?
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
It doesn't matter.
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Mustay(m): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
Some people feel they must 'hammer' or get to a certain position first before marrying - I want to believe that's where your question is coming from.

Before or after marriage, one needs to manage responsibilities adequately as they come.

It must be noted that before marriage (aka home alone), you're selfish and you do have enough time for yourself and career but this could also backlash and prevent you from having time for your prospective other half - also, people tend to seek a HOME (not a house) to go to after the day's work which a marriage provides for ceteris paribus.
Some people also want to get to a certain level so that when they marry, they have enough time for their children as they have become more like consultants but the reality is YOLO - it is difficult to delay.

So, whichever way you plan your personal + career life, just remember the effects of each one and ask yourself if you can deal with.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Amjustme: 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2012
Musty thanks. Esp for women with all d responsibilities dat come with being married, running d home/kids, it makes me wonder if perharps women shld take dia career to a level, break away for marriage/family/kids before coming back to continue afta dat phase. Just my thots though.
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by bblacky(f): 11:15am On Nov 29, 2012
Wealth comes from God!! U fit start hustling frm 20 reach 40 no show.

1 Like

Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Abujafood: 11:16am On Nov 29, 2012
I don't it makes a difference!

1 Like

Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Chicagok4(m): 11:17am On Nov 29, 2012
Am just me: When is it the best time to achieve a lot in one's career? Is it before or after marriage?
pls how do i post a news on nairaland
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Sunymoore(m): 11:21am On Nov 29, 2012
When nairaland mods are sleeping or dead

3 Likes

Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Gombs(m): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2012
Question: The Best Time To
Achieve A Lot In Your Career?

Ans:

As soon as u get the chance

Or as soon as u stop comparing urself to others

1 Like

Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by DarryOsh(m): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2012
well, when it comes to acheiving you cant neccessarily map out how your life is gonna go, take me for example, talking bout career it hasnt really been the way i planned, in a lot of ways its way better, and in some it hasnt. So i think the best thing is to make the best of every period of your life. That way you wont look back and say:"i wish i had done this or that." because you know that at every point of your life you made the best decisions(at least what u thought to be the best). so if marriage comes knocking and it feels right dont pause it cos u think u cant achieve some things after marriage. who told you you will ever achieve whatever it is you want to achieve, you could achieve better things! and who told you if you delay marriage you will achieve it. you could even lose both ways. make the best decisions (what you think is the best) at every point and always pray for guidance b4 making all(and i mean all) decisions. i cant promise that you will achieve all your goals but i can promise(to a great extent) that when you are 60,70,80 or 100 years old you will look back and say :"i have lived a wonderful life, i have achieved a great deaal!" hope this answeres your question!

3 Likes

Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 29, 2012
Gombs: Question: The Best Time To
Achieve A Lot In Your Career?

Ans:

As soon as u get the chance

Or as soon as u stop comparing urself to others

Or, as soon as u can create d chance.
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by bknight: 11:44am On Nov 29, 2012
bblacky: Wealth comes from God!! U fit start hustling frm 20 reach 40 no show.

It may be academic achievements etc, some pursue other things asides money. A whole lot more than money!

@topic: its in phases and depends on gender. If u want to achieve ok in most areas then ladies might want to hit academics b4 the phase of children than tryna cope with kids, work and education. But for guys, its like there's usually a remarkable rate of achieve in marriage than when single
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by bblacky(f): 11:50am On Nov 29, 2012
bknight:

It may be academic achievements etc, some pursue other things asides money. A whole lot more than money!

shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by DrUloma: 12:00pm On Nov 29, 2012
Its best b4 marriage,if one is blessed cos then u av fewer responsibilities as compared to d responsibilities of marriage and children,on d other hand,if u ava hardworking and supportive spouse,u cn still achieve a whole lot compared to wen u r single. D koko is achieving wat u'v got to achieve wen u r young.by the grace of God
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by MhizLee(f): 12:15pm On Nov 29, 2012
NOW. Time is of essence regardless of status.
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by trent9002(m): 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2012
As early as possible
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by gbokukueba(m): 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2012
There is no one answer to this question it all depends on personal philosophy. My current boss gives his all to his career and the result- divorced with a child in Nigeria and has another child with a partner but have had an amazing career... i can count number of people that would rather have a great career and a dysfunctional marriages... i strongly believe you can strike a balance IF you have an understanding partner if not you will have to chose between your marriage and your career and most women fall into this dilemma...
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by labamo07(m): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2012
What is the need to wait for success after marriage when you can start up something promising, reasonable and viable before marriage. What's the assurance the so-called achievement will come 5years after your marriage. Its best you shape your life early.
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by dilbert100: 12:26pm On Nov 29, 2012
does it matter? if you achieve, then you achieve.
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by ejifranks(m): 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2012
Some people make it big early in life, others later in life.... some even achieve success they craved-for for many years from their children... so you see my friend, it is not a function of how fast or how much you put-in into your career at any point of your career life that will determine how much you will achieve, its a function of grace,luck,chance(opportunity) and patience....Just keep on doing the best you can now and surely in your due season, the light will shine on you....

That said , to answer your question , i think is good one achieves greatness in one's career at a younger age (before marriage) when you are are still vibrant so you can reach the apex of your career before old age and family responsibilities or maybe lay foundations towards other ventures that would sustain you and your family in the time of gray hairs.... but like i said earlier there is no definite time for everybody, so you musnt wait till you hit it big before marrying....Shikena
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by OliverBrain(m): 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2012
Since the 80s, African
readers and criticts
have challenged the
pride of Poetry over Play
and Prose. The poetic
art of the 80s and 90s
celebrate a Nationalism
obligation, traditional
Black Africa and 'Political
Poetry' with Poets like
Wole Soyinka, J.P Clark,
U Tam'si, Dennis Brutus,
David Diop, Kwesi Brew,
Birago Diop, Lepold Sedar
Senghor and other
contemporary
traditional Black Africa
Poet. It as since then
become an unvoidable
tone for developing
Black Africa Poet. The
20th Century Black
Africa Poetry witness
an overflow of
Newbreed Poet; whom
unarguably tactically
promote a huge
recognition for Africa
Poetry at home and
Abroad. The 21st
Century African Poetry
art experience a similar
but shameful
achievement due to the
repetition of the boring,
stale and annoying
poetry imageries,
structures and themes
of the 80s and 90s
which does not connote
with todays atistic view
of the World, being
more literal, it's infact
an 'old skol' approach.
This tendecy as affect
the Modern Africa
Poetry to maintain it's
superiority over Modern
Prose and Play. Against
the Poetry act of this
generation, ArtBEAT is
an highly welcome
development by
Owoade Adewale in the
reconstruction of what
we call today's Modern
Poetry art. Its promising
and dinstinguish
attention to Young
developing Poet is also
an unavoided one. There
is no doubt that
ArtBEAT role as the
loudspeaker for
Newbreed Poet will
contribute to the
Celebration of
Traditional Poetry with
Modern Imageries,
especially as at this
time when an
emergency concern is
needed. ArtBEAT
Anthologies, feauturing
numberless Black Africa
Young talented Poet will
undoubtedly 'activate'
Contemporary 21st
Century Africa Poetry.
SUPPORT ArtBEAT!
SUPPORT Afro-Modern
Black Africa Poetry!!
SUPPORT Owoade
Adewale and other
aspiring Poet. (BY
Owoade Adewale, A
Campaign for ArtBEAT
Anthology Vol. 1). Like
our page at http://­
facebook.com/­
artbeatpoets
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by GentleNaaz(m): 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2012
bblacky: Wealth comes from God!! U fit start hustling frm 20 reach 40 no show.

wealth is 4m creativity n grace. If wealth realy cum 4m God, prayer warriors, evangelists, sisters wud hv bn d wealthiest. Dn 2face, D bang, OBJ, micheal jackson,etc. Would hv bn poor.

1 Like

Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by johnwizey: 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2012
12:00am afta ur weddin day
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by JadeWilliam(f): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2012
Pls B4 marriage.Don't b decieved.Since i got married,my husbnd has refused dat i go back to sch 4anythng cos he feels i might b carried away or woteva d hell his reasons are.In my nxt world,love or marriage shld wait pls.
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by dridowu: 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2012
God time is the best but still yet we must work hard for Gods favour so that he bless us dan what u&i think off
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2012
18-40...professional with potential/have a growing business/already in the civil service/military/young politician. After 40 with neither of any mentioned, start giving up except you receive a gift/inheritance, 419/theft. Just say to yourself...not in this life but maybe the next one. Focus on your children making it.
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
Am just me: Musty thanks. Esp for women with all d responsibilities dat come with being married, running d home/kids, it makes me wonder if perharps women shld take dia career to a level, break away for marriage/family/kids before coming back to continue afta dat phase. Just my thots though.

Your thoughts are quite interesting and I wonder where you are located. Most career women in the UK practice what you just described. They tend to marry late and have babies even later, some as late as 40 because it is really difficult raising kids in the UK and also US. But I think there has to be a balance.

I am not sure if there is a best time to achieve so much in one's career. I think you should take every opportunity that comes your way and strive for self improvement and actualisation all the time. A few things I will say though are:

1. If you are thinking of further education e.g Masters, you are better doing it before starting a family. It is just easier if you can afford it to start earlier.

2. When you are single and making good money, try to save as much as you can. Starting a family is quite expensive so please save alot when you are single if you can.

1 Like

Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by ejifranks(m): 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2012
OliverBrain: Since the 80s, African
readers and criticts
have challenged the
pride of Poetry over Play
and Prose. The poetic
art of the 80s and 90s
celebrate a Nationalism
obligation, traditional
Black Africa and 'Political
Poetry' with Poets like
Wole Soyinka, J.P Clark,
U Tam'si, Dennis Brutus,
David Diop, Kwesi Brew,
Birago Diop, Lepold Sedar
Senghor and other
contemporary
traditional Black Africa
Poet. It as since then
become an unvoidable
tone for developing
Black Africa Poet. The
20th Century Black
Africa Poetry witness
an overflow of
Newbreed Poet; whom
unarguably tactically
promote a huge
recognition for Africa
Poetry at home and
Abroad. The 21st
Century African Poetry
art experience a similar
but shameful
achievement due to the
repetition of the boring,
stale and annoying
poetry imageries,
structures and themes
of the 80s and 90s
which does not connote
with todays atistic view
of the World, being
more literal, it's infact
an 'old skol' approach.
This tendecy as affect
the Modern Africa
Poetry to maintain it's
superiority over Modern
Prose and Play. Against
the Poetry act of this
generation, ArtBEAT is
an highly welcome
development by
Owoade Adewale in the
reconstruction of what
we call today's Modern
Poetry art. Its promising
and dinstinguish
attention to Young
developing Poet is also
an unavoided one. There
is no doubt that
ArtBEAT role as the
loudspeaker for
Newbreed Poet will
contribute to the
Celebration of
Traditional Poetry with
Modern Imageries,
especially as at this
time when an
emergency concern is
needed. ArtBEAT
Anthologies, feauturing
numberless Black Africa
Young talented Poet will
undoubtedly 'activate'
Contemporary 21st
Century Africa Poetry.
SUPPORT ArtBEAT!
SUPPORT Afro-Modern
Black Africa Poetry!!
SUPPORT Owoade
Adewale and other
aspiring Poet. (BY
Owoade Adewale, A
Campaign for ArtBEAT
Anthology Vol. 1). Like
our page at http://­
facebook.com/­
artbeatpoets
wat is dis

2 Likes

Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by ojbaba95(m): 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2012
Open your inner eyes,when opportunity comes use your two arms †̥ grab Į̸̸̨τ̲̅.U̶̲̥̅̊ shud know ЪŦ marriage comes wt responsibilities thus safer †̥ go into Į̸̸̨τ̲̅ only if U̶̲̥̅̊'re capable.Guy, U̶̲̥̅̊ can hammer at any gademm time.JU̶̲̥̅̊$t̶̲̥̅̊ be focused and resourceful.chikena!
Re: The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? by ositadima1(m): 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2012
Jade William: Pls B4 marriage.Don't b decieved.Since i got married,my husbnd has refused dat i go back to sch 4anythng cos he feels i might b carried away or woteva d hell his reasons are.In my nxt world,love or marriage shld wait pls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Salary Level For ABO And BO Levels In UBN / Can I Share My Idea With My Employer? / Nigeria Prison Service Current Replacement Excercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.