Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. (1229 Views)

Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! / Best University Website / The Best Nigerian University Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. by quadrillio(m): 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
Hi,

It's been a while I posted but since this has gone on for more than 10-hours (I noticed this around 11am today) and no one seems to notice/do anything, I'm force to come here to SHOUT IT.
I want to assume someone that knows someone that knows someone in/from adeleke university will look into this ASAP.

here's the link.
http://www.adelekeuniversity.edu.ng/

*I hope I won't get anyone sacked* sad

- SAFE
Re: Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. by acidtalk: 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
Funny.
Re: Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. by marikhidaniel(m): 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
eyaah! people get mind lol
Re: Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. by Cherish100(f): 3:55am On Nov 20, 2012
This Dr.SHA6H na bad hacker o. Converting a whole school's website to a religious blog abi wetin I go call am? Couldn't he have just gotten a website. Na wa for some people sha.
Re: Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. by Slyr0x: 9:53am On Nov 20, 2012
The biggest security risk is being on a shared server.

Just looked up all the other sites being hosted on the same server as http://www.adelekeuniversity.edu.ng/ and found out they were defaced as well. Link Here

The problem with being lumped in with hundreds and hundreds of other vulnerable websites. undecided
Re: Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. by PGON(m): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2012
Slyr0x: The biggest security risk is being on a shared server.

Just looked up all the other sites being hosted on the same server as http://www.adelekeuniversity.edu.ng/ and found out they were defaced as well. Link Here

The problem with being lumped in with hundreds and hundreds of other vulnerable websites. undecided

Gained root access to the server... Could happen to any server..
Re: Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. by Christambasador: 11:05am On Nov 20, 2012
angry angry angry
Re: Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 11:05am On Nov 20, 2012
Effing Religious Bigot
@slyr0x send the mgt a mail and cash in on dem na...no time to chec time bro
Re: Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. by akay48(m): 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2012
53cur3m0d3: Effing Religious Bigot
@slyr0x send the mgt a mail and cash in on dem na...no time to chec time bro

These schools need to start thinking about hiring Pen Testers or better still, a standard ICT management team, else, they might end up spending a substantial part of thier revenue on dealing with issues like this...
Re: Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. by quadrillio(m): 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2012
even after 3days it's still the same. #PITY.

and you expect me to respect any computer science student from that same school? #iDoubt.

- SAFE
Re: Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
quadrillio: even after 3days it's still the same. #PITY.

and you expect me to respect any computer science student from that same school? #iDoubt.

- SAFE
They don't teach ICT-oriented courses in most of our Universities hence the same skul mgt wit their shallow minds will think the students know nothing..com to think of it,there myt be ICT-oriented gurus amongst such students but 'll just decide to lie fallow as their skills are not been tapped into.
I'll tel U dis,my skul website was outsourced and built wit Joomla,somfin which cud hav been awarded to my dept to do cos I kno some of my colleagues who're also gurus.
I've got good personal and inter-relational skills and very jovial but wen I'm in my dept in skul, I'm as "Gentle as a Dove".
Humility exalts a man so I don't bliv in intimidating fellow students wit my skills..

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. by akay48(m): 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
quadrillio: even after 3days it's still the same. #PITY.

- SAFE
And this is a school that collects 350k+ from its students. To hire competent hands now becomes a problem...I wonder what kind of Staff it employs...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank Sends Out Scam Email By Mistake? / Help On Installing Spc Component / Jimi Agbaje's Support Group Campaign Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.