Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,496 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:32 PM

Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 (9488 Views)

Best Dressed Nigerian Men In 2013 By MODE Men Magazine.. You Agree? / Best Dressed Lady At Miss Nigeria 2013? / 10 Best Dressed: Chris Brown In Lagos Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by ijebabe: 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
Daily Mail never misses a chance to deliver knock out punches to celebrities and that's why I always go back there embarassed
Just imagine this headline I stumbled upon:
[/i]Christina Aguilera is unapologetic about her curvy figure as she spills out of two costume changes at the AMAs[i]

I hastily clicked on the link o and wetin I see shocked Its really not supposed to be a big deal normally, but in Hollywood what do you expect?

Read on:
It's fair to say Christina Aguilera burst onto the AMA's on Sunday evening - showing an unapologetic air of defiance to the skinny as she embraced her fuller figure. It was all about the curves for the blonde superstar in two jaw-dropping, clinging outfits, from a tighter than ever lilac dress to a dazzling black corset onstage covered in outlandish stars and spangles. The 31-year-old singer flung herself into an energetic performance onstage in her tiny black corset after showing off her demure style in her generously gathered lilac gown.

She put her sexy twist on patriotism with a star-spangled bodysuit, and managed to get a few pulses racing in the over-the-top ensemble.

Her fashion on the night was somewhat of a train wreck as she was one of the worst dressed celebrities on the red carpet too. Sporting a very orange fake tan, squeezed her generous curves into a tight-fitting purple wrap-around dress, split to the thigh.
She completed her look with what appeared to be a blonde bobbed wig and purple eye-shadow.

Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by ijebabe: 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
Nicki Minaj obviously

Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by ijebabe: 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
Also Pink - This dress looked so promising from the back (what a gorgeous and unusual color), but the front looks like a bullet-proof vest. And overall, the look just covers up her curves.

Jordin Sparks - Such a beautiful girl, but the dress is like a patchwork picnic blanket with a bit of sideboob.

will.i.am - The hat alone deserves a spot on the worst-dressed list. The rest....we mean....

Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by ijebabe: 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2012
For the good news grin
Many did get it right, among them...

Carrie Underwood In Abed Mahfouz. The purple hue of her sparkly gown shines against her platinum blonde hair and the oversized earrings are pretty against her casual, beachy locks and understated makeup.

Gwen Stefani In Balmain. Who else could pull off a pearl-encrusted jacket? The No Doubt singer kept the rest of her look simple (and signature) with casual hair, red lipstick and classic black pumps. Not a traditional red carpet look--thank God!

Heidi Klum In Alexander Vauthier. Short and sweet is the name of the game. The high-necked top and cap sleeves balance out the short hemline and slit. The "Project Runway" host pulled back her hair to let her pretty smile shine.

Kelly Rowland. Talk about dressing for your figure. The former Destiny's Child member showed off her killer bod in a short, body-conscious dress that let her toned arms and shapely legs take the spotlight.

Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by ijebabe: 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
Kerry Washington In Stella McCartney. This "Scandal" star (literally) brightens our day in this dress. The lace overlay is beautiful snd that color is perfection against her skin tone. The coral shoes add another cheerful pop of color, and who doesn't need that in November?

Taylor Swift In Zuhair Murad. The "Red" singer is on top for a reason. Swift stunned in a short, sequined dress with pulled-back 'do. Nude lipstick, smoldering eyes and long legs made a for a knockout look.

Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by dominique(f): 10:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
Omg xtina wetin you dey chop shocked
Best red carpet look I've seen on nicki minaj.
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by Idowuogbo(f): 10:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
Shey Apollo dey worry me ni? Una see xtina yansh? Dat badunks b like basketball o! Chai! See water shocked shocked
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by ayobase(m): 11:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
dominique: Omg xtina wetin you dey chop shocked
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by ayobase(m): 11:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
Idowuogbo: Shey Apollo dey worry me ni? Una see xtina yansh? Dat badunks b like basketball o! Chai! See water shocked shocked
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by ayobase(m): 11:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
Idowuogbo: Shey Apollo dey worry me ni? Una see xtina yansh? Dat badunks b like basketball o! Chai! See water shocked shocked

Tha a/cs no do!
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 20, 2012
Best dressed are Kerry Washington/Taylor Swift.
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by Mynd44: 5:27am On Nov 20, 2012
I borrowed this from my cousin to Christina
"fûck what they all think,
fûck what they say about you"letting go"
you still look hot
and your music still rocks"

If anyone has a problem with her body, make dem go die.
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 20, 2012
My girl killed it! Classy

Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 20, 2012
Mbeke of the AMA award 2012

Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 20, 2012
During the performance last night Nicki forgot to wear her butt pad. Did u notice she sat down thru the entire 1st performance. And oh Drake was mad as hell lol

Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by joshuaidibia(m): 8:08am On Nov 20, 2012
Ws will.i.am trying 2 dress lyk LEO in MATRIX?
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 20, 2012
Lovely.
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by dramenda(f): 8:30am On Nov 20, 2012
THIS NICKI MINAJ HIPS REMINDS ME OF MY DESK IN SECONDARY SCHOOL.
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by seedord247(m): 8:44am On Nov 20, 2012
Nicki should give me an hour to eat that shyt... Menh b*tch aint gonna regret it, bcus imma eat it like taco. embarassed tongue
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by ijebabe: 9:16am On Nov 20, 2012
Mama will be so proud of you grin
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by seedord247(m): 9:36am On Nov 20, 2012
^ its cold thou.
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by tinuolababy(f): 10:38am On Nov 20, 2012

christiana don fall my hand kpatakpata
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by Koolking(m): 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2012
Christina Aguilera is 'wow', but I noticed she is 'plump'. Is she heavy or something?
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 21, 2012
That new gig she got with 'the voice' is not helping her atall, she sits like 75% of her job, that's no excuse tho undecided OMG ! She's plumpy lumpy grin grin
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by dominique(f): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2012
^^^ she wasn't even this big when she was pregnant, maybe her new boo likes her like that.
Jordin sparks still yet to get it right. Always dresses like 22 Going on 50.
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by ELVIKING(m): 8:26am On Nov 21, 2012
Excuse me oooo, r u guys enchanted by dis people or wat, there r all ugly if u ask meak see skinny legs, artificial everytin n yet una na dey wao here, wao dere, abeggi dis celebrities r zero, give me Naija sister any day. Wor-wor tins.Bad dream.
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by ELVIKING(m): 8:41am On Nov 21, 2012
Wat a shame, is dis all they have to offer, I think dere have a thing or two they can learn from Nigerian Celebrities. No be by big designer names oooo, na style, we get am finish, wish I had time to post pix of Naija celeb, in fact I think dis is wat I will start doing from henceforth on all sites I can find.
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by ijebabe: 11:04am On Nov 21, 2012
^ Lol, you've got jokes
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
dominique: ^^^ she wasn't even this big when she was pregnant, maybe her new boo likes her like that.
Jordin sparks still yet to get it right. Always dresses like 22 Going on 50.

Lol.... You're right bout Jordin , she hasn't found her style yet, she'll get there , still sampling stylists..lol
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by dominique(f): 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
^ she has a stylist? Don't think so. Whoever put her in that horrible outfit is not a stylist. She needs to get herself one, she's too young and cute to be dressing like a cat lady.
Re: Worst And Best Dressed Celebs At The AMA 2012 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
i know right.

(1) (Reply)

50% Slash!get Your Butt Lift Shorts! Mid Year Stock Clearance Sales!! / Tips On Buying A Well Fitting Bra / Why Do You Dress The Way You Dress?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.